• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What mega evolutions would you like to see?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Although mega evolution only lasted one generation, it was a really cool concept. There's still plenty of Pokémon out there that could benefit from mega evolving.

Besides the obvious Flygon, I'd love to see a Mega Arcanine or mega evolutions of the Johto starters. Because next to the Kanto starters, they're pretty much useless without 'em.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
I think monsters like arcanine or flygon dont deserve a mega evolution. They should give them to more weak and unused monsters like chimecho, dunsparce or the jotho starters.
But what really grinds my gears is that some pokemon got a megastone but their counterparts didnt. It feels so incomplete.
Therefore Slowking, Butterfree, machamp, golem, froslass would be my first choices.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Two words: MEGA PERSIAN.

I find the kitty Pokémon got the short end of the stick when it comes to megas, and with some better stats and a perhaps a niche to fill, Persian could be fierce.

I'd totally be happy with mega Butterfree though, that does have a lot of potential. (totally no Butterfree bias, nope!). A mega Froslass would be great too!

Years
The Johto Starters, Sinnoh Starters, Butterfree, Flygon, Slowking and Fearow. I always found it a bit unfair that one Pokemon would of got a Mega but their counterpart did not...

Last edited:

Bioses

Bloodthirsty Warrior
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2017
I can see there will be many op monsters coming out with mega evolution; even those least powerful pokemon at this moment can benefit from this concept. Can't wait to seef them.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Arcanine is used enough without a Mega and Flygon came out in a Gen with many good Dragon types and was overshadowed by them especially as Mega Sceptile is part Dragon type now.

As cool as a Mega Kingdra would be we already have six Dragon Type Megas.

I'd like to see Mega Johto Starters as they tend to be the most forgotten. I would also like to see a Grass/Fire Type Mega Lilligant which would be adorable.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
MEGA DUNSPARCE

I really like this one
pGA2SM8.jpg

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Weak, overlooked Pokemon like 60% of the Johto dex. Definitely would prefer the mega route than the cross gen evolution route.

Last edited:
Back