• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Julius

"You're right; Tropius is a pokemon from Hoenn." Julius nodded. "It was a gift from my father because he didn't want me to be without any form of independent transportation. I'm originally from the Sevii Islands, so I can understand your surprise at its ability to blend it."

Julius sighed deeply at George's words. The invisible line between myth, legend and truth...something he could not quite grasp. What was real? What defined what was fake? What was the difference between something that is mythical and something that is not yet encountered? He wanted to know, why could people could set aside things as idiotic rambling or superstitious nonsense so easily? Doing that often blinded them from the truth--which was a hidden concept anyways. Quite frankly, he could never hope to understand the ideals normal people clung to.

Julius sighed as he shut his book once more. He stood up and stretched his legs as Vibrava glided gently to sit atop his shoulder. Julius propped up his glasses as he looked straight at George, making eye contact for the first time since their meeting.

"I am Julius Claudius Madeus of the Suicine Dorm. I should thank you for your time to talk. I sometimes get off track when I'm reading. George, right? Around how long have you been coming to the acedemy?"

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

George stood up, ramen box in hand, to face Julius.
"Well as you know I'm George Edmunds also of Suiciune Dorm. I arrived today actually, on the midday boat. Seems like a long time ago already. Already been in and won my first battle and have met some of the most passionate and interesting people I have met in a long time! Have you been here long?"
George's ramen had grown cold as they were talking and all three of his pokemon had finished eating. He placed his ramen on the ground and called Kane over.
"Kane, could you heat this up a little bit please?"
The little growlithe happily obliged careful not to set the cardboard container alight.
"Thank you."
George smiled and turned back to Julius.
"What would we do without them, eh?"
He looked up at the sky.
"Its getting dark perhaps we should think of heading up towards the dorms?"

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin Ren

Dressing for the occasion really does wonders? Kenshin didn't really understand what that meant really. Must be something he'd better understand when he was the older girl's age. Yeah, probably when he was her age.

When she offered her help with...what Kenshin was assuming catching the Lapras, he looked to her and nodded.

"I...Don't think it... will be too difficult," he said as he began rubbing a certain pokeball in his pocket. "...But thanks."

When they got into the cave, the temperature DID drop to a somewhat chilly level, if anything. Kenshin wrapped his arms around himself and began to regret changing out of his jacket.

Takumi Ryuuhiko

Takumi was bored if anything. Changing his mind, he decided to head back to the Academy. Maybe he'd have a pokemon battle there instead with a trainer, or even one of the instructors.

silverexorcist

Years
Julius

"A few weeks, though this is the first time I've really socialized with someone." Julius was saying as he glanced up at the autumn colored sky above theme. It wouldn't be long before his natural reading light went out and he didn't have a flash light. It was probably time to head in.

Unless he wanted to explore the outdoors a little bit and see what he could find, he thought, his mind wandering slightly. He shook off the thought immediately. No, pointless. He didn't need to get lost in the wildnerness just yet--he had studying to do.

"Congrats on winning your first battle." Julius continued as he tapped Vibrava's head gently. The vibration pokemon buzzed quietly in response, indicating that he had not detected anything worth reporting with its sonar. "I haven't had the chance to battle my first trainer yet, though I'm not excited too. Much more interesting to learn about pokemon themselves rather than having them fight, honestly. We're headed to the same place, right? We can go together."

Flyborg

I was halfway to Gotham City
Years
Wess Stacker

While Wess and his other two pokemon were already fast asleep,Muddy was pacing around the room. I wish I could use yawn on my self, Thought the giant blue salamander.

He then decided to go out for a stroll around to burn some energy. I hope Wess doesn't mind. Plus, I might make up for his social life. Opening the door was a bit annoying due to the lack of thumbs, but Muddy was tall enough to reach the doorknob, and proceeded to walk out of the room, closing the door behind him of course.

After thinking of where to go, Muddy walked off to the lobby.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

"I agree completely. I've always wanted to follow in my parents foot steps rather than become a trainer. Still its good fun to battle every so often and my pokemon love it so I indulge them every so often."
George smiled
"Yeah we're headed to the same place. Lets head off."
As George turned but before he could call his three pokemon to him he heard a shout.
"Hello!"
George turned again this time to face the new comer. He gripped the offered hand firmly as he shook.
"Ah Good to meet you Arti. I'm George Edmunds of Suicune dorm and dont worry i wont hold your dorm against you. We were just going to head in to find our dorm room. Im sure we can help you find the Raikou dorm while we're at it."
He gave a chuckle and released the boys hand. He gestured towards Julius.
"Ah and my friend here is Julius. He's also a Suicune so you're a bit out numbered."
George chuckled again and stood aside to allow the other two to greet properly.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Arti Dell

"Well, its seems I've stumbled across a couple of pros! And thanks, I probably would be lost for hours without your help!" Said Arti as George finished introducing himself and Julius.

Well, they seem nice. Maybe elitism hasn't found its way here yet, these guys seem pretty welcoming. I hope everyone is like this out here.

Geaorge moved out of the way, giving Arti plenty of room to formally greet Julius. Once again, Arti extended his arm in welcome. He wasn't suprized that he had made friends already, but he was glad nonetheless. He hated to have people not like him. But people usually do like him, and he is good at making that happen.

"Pleasure to meet you, Julius. Is this your Trophius? He's pretty impressive, amazing really."

Arti dropped his sketchbook before Julius could reach out.

"Oh no, excuse me."

Arti scrambled to gather all of the loose pages together, as well as keep from tearing them. Larry and his impecable timing shocked Arti on the backside, causing him to rear up and send Swadloon off his shoulder. She tumbled to the ground, covering her face with her overcoat. Arti fumbled with his pokeballs and called Larry back. The two looked at him, stunned at what just happened. Swadloon crawled up beside Arti's legs.

"Euhhhh.....thats....Larry," said Arti awkwardly, "he's a little frisky."

Arti tried to smile, and the result was a silly expression. He quickly picked up his sketchbook, threw it together, and re-extended his arm.

"Sorry, let me start over. Nice to meet you, Julius!"

Last edited:

silverexorcist

Years
Julius

"It's a pleasure," Julius said as he shook the strange person's hand. Julius was more or less surprised. Two people in a row now; it must have been some sort of record. He definitely wasn't used to being social. Julius' Vibrava shivered its wings and Julius glanced breifly at it. Apparently the sudden drop of this person's notepad had caught him by surprise.

"I don't mind helping you out, my schedule's more or less free by this time of the day. What exactly did you say your name was?"

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
"Oh, excuse me, I'm Arti. My father got a little excited about the success of his carreer when he adopted me, so he named me Artemesio, since hes an artist. I'm fairly decent myself, but I still got a lot to learn. I'm hoping the scenery here can inspire me more, as well as to learn about pokemon from the Academy."

Arti casually smiled.

"I grew up in a gym, and you can probably tell we specialize in bug pokemon. That pokemon you have there....it is...a Vibrata...or something, right? I remember it because my dad said its not bug type, despite its appearence. He even said it was a dragon, but I couldn't believe him. Is it true? Oh, and we should leave before it gets too dark..."

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
((OOC - Will post for Megan tomorrow, I want to get Danielle out of the way. sorry for the wait!))

Danielle Accola
Academy Cafeteria; Outside Suicune Dorms

Stalled. In shock. In despair. After witnessing an argument between the Enteier and Lucia, Danielle literally...froze, stood there. Her mind very blank. Danielle didn't want this to happen. He wanted to be good for the boy. She was pretty certain the Trapinch did it on accident, but there wasn't any reason for Lucia to go off like that, literally. As the Enteier left with his Pokemon, Lucia left shortly after...returning her Pokemon and stormed off the cafeteria. A night with friends, turned into a night of disaster.

Danielle was tempted to catch up to Lucia, but she thought of Mark and the new Suicuner. She was also planned to check out the tms Mark had. But it didn't seem all too important to her now. What Danielle wanted to do is to take the new Suicuner to the dorms so he can get settled...maybe she can find Lucia on the way back.

"Well.... what a fantastic moment I guess?" said Danielle, trying to break through the awkward silence between the two boys. "Well Lusca...that would be your name, right? We'll show you where the Suicune Dorm is, I'll be heading there as well."

Ozzy was on the table, silent and pacing slowly. He felt bad for what happened, and he wanted to take the moment back. He glanced at Snype for a second and back at Danielle, then he decided to jump up at her shoulder. As Danielle picked up the rest of the trash on the table, she throws it away and starts to walk. "Let's go, guys."

In all honesty, she wasn't even in the mood for it. As she exited the cafeteria and turned to the right, she spotted the blue building not too far away. It was the same building she entered this morning. Where she stepped in for the first time, where she decided to start her quest to enter the footsteps of her uncle and cousin. Maybe Lusca shared the same experience as her...the only difference is that it's already getting late at night.​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark got up from his seat and threw away whatever trash he had. It was a shame there was so much tension between everyone all of a sudden. Lucia left and Issac stormed out as well. It was just the three of them now. Oh well, it was a good time to head to the dorms. Snype hopped onto Mark's shoulder as he followed the two Suicuner's.

"...Bah... sorry that had to happen. I seriously have no idea how that came about. What's done is done though." Mark said. "...I don't think I've even been in a Suicuine dorm room actually. I've been in an Entei dorm once but never a Suiciune one."

silverexorcist

Years
Julius

"It's true--Vibrava isn't a bug type. It's a unique combination of ground and dragon. As far as I know, it's the only pokemon, aside from its own evolution, with that natural type combination. But you father named you Arti because he enjoyed art himself? Seems like a straight forward guy."

Julius glanced toward George beside them. "We should show Arti to his dorm first before heading back to the Suicune dorms, since he doesn't know his way around, don't you think?"

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny

The Tentou tried to rawr his name to her, making it understandible for her. 'ah so it's Tentou, cool name.' Ruby started petting him again. 'you don't have to try to rawr your name, i can understand pokemon language.' she whispered to him, so that Kilik and Jack couldn't hear it at all, even though Kilik probely had noticed it already when they battled.

"Hey...Kilik," Jack greeted back a little slowly, was he annoyed by him? why would he? Kilik hadn't given her the expression that he was a annoying person. "So......you seem down, what happened failed a class or something?" Jack was right about that, Kilik seemed a little down, she wondered what happened but his next words made her understand that he didn't want to say it. 'if there's anything wrong, you can always tell me okay?' Ruby smiled at him trying to make him feel better.

Kilik suggested to go on a exploration, to be honest her ankle was still hurting a little from a while ago, but she decided it wouldn't stop her, esspecially not if this could cheer him up a little. 'count me in.' she said with a soft voice as she brushed her blonde hair out of her face.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

George waited patiently for the other two to finish their exchange finishing up his food as he did so and placing the empty box back in the plastic bvag it came in before stowing it in his pack to be disposed of later.

In answer to Julius he said:
"Sounds like a plan! Lets get moving. I havent got the slightest idea where to go once we're inside the academy but I'm sure there'll be a map."

He turned to Kane, Aber and Uhuru. "Oi you three! Lets get moving come on! Stop mucking about!"
He smiled as they rushed to his sides and he bent down to give each of them a gentle pet. Kane began to paw at Georges leg.
"Okay big guy I'll carry you."
He picked the dog pokemon up in his arms and turned back to the other two trainers.
"Well we're all ready to go. Julius would you mind leading seeing as you seem to have more of an idea as to where we're going?"
He smiled again. So many new friends in one day. Arti on the other hand was the first non-suicune he'd met. It would be interesting to judge the skill difference perhaps in a battle or maybe just watching him train. But it was too late for either now and he desperately wanted to get to bed and eat his other box of ramen. His stomach made a slight gurgle in agreement to this last thought.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Arti Dell

Arti thought the way George spoke was very humerous. He didn't want to be rude, so he kept his comedy act to himself. He couldn't supress a laugh when George said "Oi!" , however. Arti realized that they were about to move on, so he picked Swadloon up and set him on his shoulder. Swadloon clicked in response, shifting her weight to get into a more comfortable position.

"Sorry about that, girl," he said, "Larry got me good." The clothed pokemon sterted to close her eyes, and Arti figured she was too tired to go out tonight.

I still gotta go shopping. The boat got here later than I thought...I hope the stores stay open after dark like in Castelia City. Swadloon is gonna have to stay in the dorm...I don't like being apart, but I giess we have to.

He followed Julius on his four, and Goerge on his seven. Like this, the three set out towards the Academy. Julius seemed to have a good sense of direction and idea of nis surroundings, something Arti needed to work on. His time in the city led to his sense of direction being street signs and the alphanumerical system the city was laid out in. He wouldn't have any of that out here.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
Lusca followed close next to Danielle, Mark following close behind them both. He was slightly surprised by what Mark had said. They're allowed to go in other classes dorms? I should remember that ...

Lusca couldn't quite read what Danielle was feeling right now. Hopefully she wasn't upset though, and better yet, hopefully it wasn't Lusca's fault. Mark and himself almost watched as Lucia and Issac went at it. Mark spoke up in her defense however, but all Lusca had done was try to play peacemaker ...which really didn't amount to much as it was. Regretfully, Lusca's day had slowly begun to come to a close. Issac was definitely on Lusca's list, that was for sure. He ruined what was supposed to be a proper meet between his new classmates. The thought of how angered he was at the lowly Hoenn Trainer made him want to spit, but Lusca quickly left the thought alone. He was sure everyone would ha e had enough of that for one evening.

Danielle had led them all towards large and extravagant blue tinted buildings, making the breath in Lusca's throat nearly catch in awe. There really wasn't time to take it all in though, there really wasn't enough light for it, despite the overly florescent scenery. Hopefully Mark and Danielle wouldn't just show him to his room and leave it at that. There was still the matter of finding out where he needed to go tomorrow morning. There had to be some classes he needed to attend right? The thought of his Pokemon then stamped itself into his mind. Lleba and Slick haven't been out of their Pokeball's since the days started.

Guess that'd have to wait until he found his room though ...

silverexorcist

Years
Julius

Julius frowned. The two of them expected him to have some sort of mental map of the academy, when in truth, he had drawn a map of another map in order to get his bearings. He had it stashed away in his bag, but it made him feel slightly akward to take it out now, what with the faith they were putting in him.

I'll leave it unless we become really lost. Julius decided with a sigh. I should be able to find my way around. Although I've never been to the Raikou dorm...

Julius muttered to Vibrava and the pokemon fluttered its wings as it ascended to sit atop Tropius' head. From their, it began using super sonic at a frequency so high, no one could hear it. Using this means of echolocation, Vibrava used super sonic at another frequency that whispered the directions in Julius' ear.

"This way." Julius sighed in relief. Thetechnique he'd devised to navigate dark caverns and other unfamiliar terrains ended up coming in handy for once. He couldn't help but feel a little pride in his pokemon as he began in the direction Vibrava said the Raikou dorm was in.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

George noticed the slight look of worry cross Julius' face for a split second but then the boy started to move off and George assumed it must have been to do with something else and not the pressure they had placed on him to lead them to the dorms.

"I'm glad someone seems to know where they're going. I usually just wander in the rough direction of the building and follow signs." He smiled as he said this. Kane gave a little yawn before going back to sleep in George's arms.

"So...youre an artist Arti? I can only just about manage anatomical diagrams. I'm more stale and science-y opposed to imaginative and arty I'm afraid. Still...I would love to have a look at your work sometime. Do you have any other hobbies?" George smiled at the boy and continued walking on. Falling in behind Julius.

"What about you Julius? You have any hobbies besides pokemon?" It was a poor conversation starter but George reasoned it was better than the three of them walking in silence.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Artemesio Dell

Julius thought for a moment, and sent Vibrava to the top of Tropius. Seconds later, he spoke.

"This way," he said, a little relieved. Arti figured the raiku dorm was logged deep within Julius's memory, or something. Arti was just glad Julius was there to lead them.

George spoke up as they continued towards the Academy.

"So...youre an artist Arti? I can only just about manage anatomical diagrams. I'm more stale and science-y opposed to imaginative and arty I'm afraid. Still...I would love to have a look at your work sometime. Do you have any other hobbies?" 

Arti had to think about George's question for a bit.

"Hmmm....well, besides art, I also like cooking. Usually I make dinner for my dad and I, but occasionally we go out to eat pizza or Johto food. I love Johto food, and I've started learning how to cook it. But the take out is a lot better than what I make. I also like to play the piano, and I've actually gotten pretty good at it. As an artist, I'm better at drawing than painting, but I can use miscellanious items for art as well. Here," Arti opened his sketchbook and pulled out a loose paper. It had a black guitar neck on it, made of some sort of black, shiny material. It wove and formed, making a perfect silhouette of the guitar.

"Film strips, from my photography mishaps. Its symbolizing taking failure and turning it into something great. At least, thats what I tell everyone. Really I was just bored one day."

Arti laughed. George smiled and turned to Julius as they walked.

"What about you, Julius?" he asked, "You have any hobbies outside pokemon?"

Years
(OOC: I lost light mid post -_- so this is kinda a abridged version of what I really wanted to post)

Jack Jacobs
Pokemon Center

Jack listened to the two as they spoke of going out on some sort of adventure but he was a bit sceptical about that especially after glancing out the window to see that night was coming soon. Was it really the best time to want to go out and explore and have some kind of adventure? Jack was unsure but he gave Blade a look as if he was asking his opinion but the scizor only responded with a little nonchalant shrug.

An adventure with a girl he had just met and a boy he kinda had a battle with once, could be pretty interesting. "Where to" obviously Kilik was just acting off a spur of the moment thing and Ruby was going along with it too. "Its going to get pretty dark soon and we wouldn't want to go somewhere unsafe right" Jack hoped he didn't seem like a downer or anything but safety had to be a priority at this time of day, he has had too many bad outing at this place already and to be honest he didn't want any more to go badly.

Back