Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2014 (5:00 AM).
I am legend

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
    Another Pokémon they could try including is Florges. Maybe it'd be stall your opponents for a while with Attract? xD;; Either that, or it could use Moonblast and just simply hurt them. Former would be pretty amusing, though!
    There could be some kind of attraction resistance power for each fighter (the more serious-looking ones be less attracted) and they would not be able to attack the user for a short time under any circumstances, which would kind of turn them on our side if there are more than two unallied enemies.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 13th, 2014 (5:08 AM).

awwww i saw the title and got excited for a bit. I love Digimon so much. Pokemon is cool too tho.
      Old April 13th, 2014 (1:42 PM).
      New year, new possibilities
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
      There is still one heck of a difference between the two. And let's not stray away from what the others are talking about, that's how one of my posts got deleted.
      Old April 13th, 2014 (2:06 PM).
      • Silver Tier

Say, would any of you be interested if they were to make a game or anime season crossing-over with Digimon? What would the game or season be called, and how would you expect its storyline to turn out?
      Old April 13th, 2014 (3:38 PM).
      farewell, fated few
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
      Quote:
      Say, would any of you be interested if they were to make a game or anime season crossing-over with Digimon? What would the game or season be called, and how would you expect its storyline to turn out?
      Probably not. If anything, I'd expect it to be an anime storyline and probably a poorly handled one at that. As far as I can tell, the animation styles are very different so one or the other (the Digimon or the Pokemon) would look far different than we'd expect, plus they're both played down to an younger demographic so the childish themes would still make me cringe.

... obviously I'm a harsh critic of the Pokemon/Digimon animes, whoops.
      Old April 13th, 2014 (6:01 PM).

Nature: Timid
        Posting this in this thread because I got told by a mod that I cant post in dcc. Crucify me if I'm bad for reposting :/

hey. I've had an account on this forum for about 3 months now and I haven't used it very often. I'm not sure if I should be gravely embarrassed. If you've read the title to this forum you can probably discern that I need help with a question. It's been bothering me for two years now, going into three, and I'm a bit overly self conscious, so I'm not too keen to cut to the chase. I haven't been able to find out what Pokemon I would be. What I mean by that is that I don't know what Pokemon best matches my physical appearance or personality. I don't want to cop out and say that I'd just be my favorite Pokemon, but that might not fix my personality, and if it's something that doesn't fit me at all (e.g. Badass lucario) then I feel like I would be lying to myself. I've tried personality tests but I'm always paranoid that the answer I'm getting isn't right because the questionnaire doesn't include all possible Pokemon out of 750(?) and is not with a real person. If you or someone you know could help me figure out this question, please reply to this forum, and if I'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know.Please do not just say "Just be a pokemon that you like". I wish to make it explicit that I would like a serious answer. This has been plaguing my brain for 2 years now .-. If you reply, I'll correspond to you with an IM, and from there we can discuss what would fit me best. I hope I don't sound too oblivious or aloof or irking, and I hope someone can help me.
        Old April 13th, 2014 (11:30 PM).
        • Super Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
        • Discord Moderoid

Nature: Naive
        Quote:
        I actually don't think it would be a good idea :p Since they are so different franchises. A game would be my best bet, and it could be about Digimon appearing in the pokémon world, with some kids who didn't get their own pokémon getting a digimon partner to save the world with instead :3 Battling wild pokémon and evil teams instead of "evil" digimon.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Zeus Juice View Post
        Posting this in this thread because I got told by a mod that I cant post in dcc. Crucify me if I'm bad for reposting :/

hey. I've had an account on this forum for about 3 months now and I haven't used it very often. I'm not sure if I should be gravely embarrassed. If you've read the title to this forum you can probably discern that I need help with a question. It's been bothering me for two years now, going into three, and I'm a bit overly self conscious, so I'm not too keen to cut to the chase. I haven't been able to find out what Pokemon I would be. What I mean by that is that I don't know what Pokemon best matches my physical appearance or personality. I don't want to cop out and say that I'd just be my favorite Pokemon, but that might not fix my personality, and if it's something that doesn't fit me at all (e.g. Badass lucario) then I feel like I would be lying to myself. I've tried personality tests but I'm always paranoid that the answer I'm getting isn't right because the questionnaire doesn't include all possible Pokemon out of 750(?) and is not with a real person. If you or someone you know could help me figure out this question, please reply to this forum, and if I'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know.Please do not just say "Just be a pokemon that you like". I wish to make it explicit that I would like a serious answer. This has been plaguing my brain for 2 years now .-. If you reply, I'll correspond to you with an IM, and from there we can discuss what would fit me best. I hope I don't sound too oblivious or aloof or irking, and I hope someone can help me.
        Oh, that's a tough one. I'd say ask your friends or someone who knows you better? It's difficult for us who haven't seen you around much to try and fit one of 700+ pokémon onto you :3

Old April 14th, 2014 (12:17 AM).
        I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
          Quote:

hey. I've had an account on this forum for about 3 months now and I haven't used it very often. I'm not sure if I should be gravely embarrassed. If you've read the title to this forum you can probably discern that I need help with a question. It's been bothering me for two years now, going into three, and I'm a bit overly self conscious, so I'm not too keen to cut to the chase.
          Do you mean you're overly self conscious that you don't know what Pokemon you'd be? That sounds like an awful lot to be embarrassed about!

Quote:
          I haven't been able to find out what Pokemon I would be. What I mean by that is that I don't know what Pokemon best matches my physical appearance or personality. I don't want to cop out and say that I'd just be my favorite Pokemon, but that might not fix my personality, and if it's something that doesn't fit me at all (e.g. Badass lucario) then I feel like I would be lying to myself.
          What you you mean when you say it might not "fix" your personality? It's not a game of you have to be super duper honest though, you can pick whoever you want really. I would be inclined to say whatever the first one that pops to mind is probably what you are though..

Quote:
          I've tried personality tests but I'm always paranoid that the answer I'm getting isn't right because the questionnaire doesn't include all possible Pokemon out of 750(?) and is not with a real person.
          It doesn't necessarily have to be with a real person though. I think you're better off staying away from the online ones that have a very limited selection though, like you said.

Quote:
          If you or someone you know could help me figure out this question, please reply to this forum, and if I'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know.Please do not just say "Just be a pokemon that you like". I wish to make it explicit that I would like a serious answer. This has been plaguing my brain for 2 years now .-. If you reply, I'll correspond to you with an IM, and from there we can discuss what would fit me best. I hope I don't sound too oblivious or aloof or irking, and I hope someone can help me.
          I think the best thing you can do is fill out a Big-5 personality test. It examines 5 different scales of personality (extraversion, openness to new experience, conscientiousness, Agreeableness and Neuroticism), and from there you can give someone a more accurate idea of your personality so they can help! My highest scores are Extraversion (3.4), Agreeableness (4.3) and Openness (3.7), so make of that what you will! I will point out though that this isn't the foolproof one used by proper psychologists, so take it with a grain of salt, but it is pretty good for a simplified one!

Good luck!
          Old April 14th, 2014 (1:26 AM).
          I am legend

Quote:

Well, you've made me a Spinda with the question. Why don't you, instead of taking help from some guy over the internet, ask someone close to you to know how you are, and you can post said description here, and we could rate it? It sounds like the best way out.
            Old April 14th, 2014 (7:39 AM). Edited April 14th, 2014 by Zeus Juice.

Well...my main problem with that question (and Im embarassed to say) is that I have no real life friends, let alone people who are pokemon savvy. So i can't go and just ask a friend about what I would be. I can however tell you my scores on the big 5 test: extraversion (2.6) Conscientiousness (2.5) Neuroticism (3.6) Agreeableness (3.3) and openess (4.7). I don't really know where the big score on the openess comes from, but the rest seem pretty regular to me. If it demands I could also write a bit about my personality. I really hope that someone on here could help me.

oh...and there was a typo in the first message. I meant in line 7: "a pokemon that would fit my personality" not a pokemon that would fix my personality
              Old April 16th, 2014 (8:21 AM).
              I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
                Well there you go, a little shy, a little careless in your work, relatively vulnerable to stress, generally nice (but probably would not bother with someone they didn't like) and very adventurous/open to the idea of new experiences.

To me that sounds like a Cyndaquil, but see what others say
                Old April 16th, 2014 (10:53 AM).
                • Super Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                • Discord Moderoid

Oh, I think Cyndaquil sounds like a very good fit. Perhaps even Quilava.

Just to bring a more general topic around, for everyone: what pokémon do you think YOU would be? if you were thrown into a realistic Mystery Dungeon world

Old April 16th, 2014 (10:58 AM).

Alright...Id say that cyndaquill fits meh ok. For my peace of mine though, could I just post a quick bio of meself? I think that would help.
                  Old April 16th, 2014 (11:14 AM).
                  • Super Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • Discord Moderoid

Quote:
                  Alright...Id say that cyndaquill fits meh ok. For my peace of mine though, could I just post a quick bio of meself? I think that would help.
                  You can write a bio into your "About me" on your profile. If people are keen on helping you, they can read it there :3 But Cyndaquil actually sounds like it fits you, from what little I've seen of you so far. I guess you could also post a bio in that thread you made here in Pokémon General. Just don't be sad if not many reply, because it really is difficult to seriously try and decide what pokémon somebody seems like when they don't know the person well. Heck, it can be difficult even when you know a person.

Old April 16th, 2014 (12:21 PM).
                  • Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
                  I remember trying to have that kind of discussion with people when I was younger. Everyone would immedately spew out a legendary pokemon just because

Samus Aran

filler
                  Old April 16th, 2014 (12:34 PM).
                  • Super Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • Discord Moderoid

Okay if I was a legendary pokémon I'd like to be Celebi :3 Teleport and time travel and awesome stuff, plus it's one of the cutest pokémon there is. Not sure its "personality" and typings fit me though, but eh.

Old April 16th, 2014 (1:38 PM).
                  Serpentine trainer
                  • Gold Tier

Nature: Impish
                  OMG MEWTWO
                  Eh. Yeah. When you're a little kid you think you're so awesome. Haha. I used to say Arbok because bias. Then as I got older, I realized I mainly am as mean as a snake.

Paired to Charcol92
                  Big Brother, TheKantoKid
                  Signature credit, Fairy
                  Old April 16th, 2014 (1:57 PM).
                  Ω Good Bye & Good Night Ω
                  • Crystal Tier
                  • Social Media

Nature: Quiet
                  I've always said that if I were to be a Pokemon, I'd likely be a Slowking. Something that's intelligent and good at communicating with others, but a little bit on the lazy side of things.

     
                  Old April 16th, 2014 (2:57 PM).
                  • Silver Tier

If I were to be a Pokémon, I'd most likely choose Skarmory. :] Thanks to my steel body, I wouldn't get damaged easily by physical objects. Plus, I would be having wings, so I could fly anywhere I want without any worries.
                  Old April 16th, 2014 (3:43 PM).
                  New year, new possibilities
                  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
                  There is no need for me to say what I would be if I were a Pokémon. Everyone here already knows.
                  Old April 16th, 2014 (10:56 PM).
                  Ω Good Bye & Good Night Ω
                  • Crystal Tier
                  • Social Media

Nature: Quiet
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TheFattestSnorlax View Post
                  There is no need for me to say what I would be if I were a Pokémon. Everyone here already knows.
                  Y-you'd be a Slaking... right?

     
                  Old April 16th, 2014 (11:09 PM).
                  • Silver Tier

Speaking of Slaking, I'd really like to see a mega-evolution for it. Think it really deserves one, honestly. :( It's such an underrated Pokémon; if it does wind up getting a mega, it could hopefully gain some boost in popularity. If they do decide to give it a mega-evolution form, I'd like them to take away its Truant ability, as it's one of the things that's held it back all these years, haha.
                  Old April 17th, 2014 (12:19 AM).
                  likes nissans
                  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
                  Quote:
                  Speaking of Slaking, I'd really like to see a mega-evolution for it. Think it really deserves one, honestly. :( It's such an underrated Pokémon; if it does wind up getting a mega, it could hopefully gain some boost in popularity. If they do decide to give it a mega-evolution form, I'd like them to take away its Truant ability, as it's one of the things that's held it back all these years, haha.
                  Slaking's base stat total is already highest of all non-legendary Pokemon xD

I think that all it needs to be a mega is to switch out Truant for something. That's honestly it; its stats are strong enough already. At least, imo. :P
                  Old April 17th, 2014 (12:35 AM).
                  • Super Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • Discord Moderoid

Yeah, Slaking's mega evo could be a bit like Kangaskhan's: not really being a different form, just utilizing a "hidden" power. Like sending your baby into battle (wow, what mom does that) or forgetting your truant!

Old April 17th, 2014 (1:13 AM).
                  • Silver Tier

Good point. :o Well, if you think about it, though, Kangaskhan doesn't exactly send their babies into battle when mega-evolving; they just take them out of their pouch so that they could move faster and land harder hits. The babies do try attacking every once in a while, but not because theirs mothers tell them to; they probably do it out of their will.

Quick Reply