• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Looking for a ROM hack that only has up till gen 3

Are there any good ROM hacks that have up till gen 3... not after gen 3
And support trading?
Been playing fire red traded all to emerald
Beaten both games Lol
Need something new

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Are there any good ROM hacks that have up till gen 3... not after gen 3
And support trading?
Been playing fire red traded all to emerald
Beaten both games Lol
Need something new
If you take the time to look around in the Hacks Studio section, you will be able to find some just by reading hack threads (I suggest Slideshow Showcase).

Is there a list of completed rom hacks? Would like to play some of those.
If you take the time to look around in the Hacks Studio section, you would find a variety.
Otherwise, here's a (pretty terrible) list of completed/almost complete ROM hacks. It's missing a few of them, but like I said earlier, a simple search would be best.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=328719

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 26, 2014
Hi! I'm brand new to this forum! I was playing a ROM hack called Pokémon Sienna, but I encountered a glitch and continue. So I was wondering where I could find a hack like it? Preferably completely finished (or close to it) and also with several fakemon (that are actually good...). Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks in advance everyone!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 10, 2019
Is light platinum finished???

pokemon ruby destiny life of the guardians

johnyboy169

Hi everyone, I am currently looking for completed roms in which you play as the bad guys in. Would anyone that knows of any roms post in this thread please?. Thanks all in advance :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2014
Hacking 4-5th gen games is much more complicated than hacking 3rd gen, so as to date there are no map hacks of any 4-5th gen game.

3rd gen maps = adding and removing tiles. Simple, right?
4-5th gen maps = lots of dimensions (3D buildings, different levels of ground etc.)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
Poke Platinum Old Version

Hi. Name's Maxis. I'm new to PokeCommunity. Remember the old version of Pokemon Light Platinum? Well, it didn't have proper English and it lacked a few other things. I loved old Light Platinum for some reason. I liked it better than new one. You get actually use Legendary Pokemon while still getting all 8 badges. New Platinum didn't have that. New Platinum was also way too easy. I wanted to know if I re-made it, nothing big just proper English translation and other things, if that would be bad since I don't have permission. Just wanted to make some changes. Nothing big. I already started. Properly translating Yellow Town and Central Town.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
It's right in the Hacks Studio rules:
Hacks Studio Forum Rules said:
If you are using other people's hacks or code bases, you must have permission
You are required to state whether your hack is yours or not – you cannot post any hack in the Hacks Studio forum unless it is yours, unless you obtain permission from the hack's author to post it (and/or modify it for your own purposes). Hacks that we believe are based off the code base of another hack will not be approved.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Just like Renegade quoted, if you want to do something like this, just contact its creator and get permission.
Thread closed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
GBC Crystal ROMS

I need help knowing a good crystal hack. I want it to include all pokemon before third generation, none after that, and they should all be obtainable, all trade evolutions and stones included. A hack for GBA or GBC is okay. Thanks.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Is this project still ongoing?

Thanks to the anti-gravedig rule, can't reply to the thread in question.

showthread.php?t=267674 (Won't let me post a link since I have less than 15 posts)

I was reading through this and it sounds like an amazing hack. @ShadowGrey Is this project still ongoing? If so, I may have a solution to the problem concerning Pokemon not evolving.

I faced a similar issue in one of my hacks recently, and after playing around a bit I determined that the cause was the tutorial event: Oak's Parcel. Using Rare Candies (or spending abhorrent amounts of time training) to level your Pokemon before delivering Oak's Parcel results in the evolution animation popping up at each level up, but then stopping as if you hit B immediately displaying the text "...?" then returning to the bag (or field, if you leveled through training) thereafter.

If the project has been abandoned, or put on hold, then please disregard this post.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day,
~Prixy

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I checked out the thread, and that problem has already been provided an answer years ago:
chrunch said:
Are you trying to evolve Pokemon that aren't from Kanto without the national pokedex? If so, you need the national pokedex for them to evolve.
It really has absolutely nothing to do with the Oak's Parcel event.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
It's not an event that activates it other than the national dex.
Basically there's a few bytes you can change to allow it without national dex. (Not my PC right now so I can't give the offsets to you.)

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
I checked out the thread, and that problem has already been provided an answer years ago:

It really has absolutely nothing to do with the Oak's Parcel event.

Thank you for the reply.

The reason I mentioned Oak's Parcel event is because in many of the hacks I've played I am unable to evolve Pokemon until after I complete said event and obtain the Pokedex. I haven't really tried to evolve Pokemon in a clean ROM before that event, so I can't say whether it affects official games.

And I, personally, don't have any need for the information. I was offering a potential fix in the hopes that the tool from the link provided was still under development, simply without updates for a great deal of time.

Thank you again for the reply and have a nice day,
~Prixy

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 10, 2019
Can someone tell me a good rom hack that's completed i already played ligh platinum,ruby destiny series, dark rising and glazed

GTV

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
TEAM ROCKET ROMS

hey is there gonna be anymore team rocket hacked Roms, I really wanna play the completed ones.

Back