• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Town/City?

Favorite Town/City?

• Littleroot Town

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Oldale Town

• Petalburg City

• Rustboro City

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Dewford Town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slateport City

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Mauville City

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Verdanturf Town

• Fallarbor Town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lavaridge Town

• Fortree City

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Lilycove City

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Sootopolis City

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Pacifidlog Town

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Ever Grande City

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I just restarted playing Ruby (my sapphire was first lost by the person who borrowed it and the replacement copy they got me was glitching) and I love so many of the towns - it was one of my favorite gens for this reason; I'd always sit and imagine where I'd live :)

Sooo, my top cities are Mauville since it has the bike path, slateport with the beach, verdanturf because of the peaceful nature vibe, and lavaridge since I would pretend it's a giant spa :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I gotta say, Slateport city is probably my favorite JUST because of the awesome music :)
Also, the beach is really nice. I love walking in the sand and leaving my footprints in it and seeing it disappear :P

Reddo

Happy!
Years
It's Fortree because it looks like my place. I mean, there's a forest of eucalyptus behind my house. If it was possible, would like to live atop the trees.
The routes around it are nostalgic... I remember my first Feebas hunting and the music of Route 120 is awesome... There's also the rain... XD

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I'm a fan of Rustboro City (no coincidence). The ultra-modern look, the rustic designs which are the namesake, and plenty of cool buildings, like Devon Corporation. It takes the cake for best-looking city with the first Gym in any Pokemon game.

Second place goes to: Mauville City. I spent most of my time playng here. I like the wide white streets, the Game Corner, and the areas surrounding it. You have a Day-Care on the left and beach strip on the right. Very different.

Final mention is Mossdeep City. A practical island with a clear Space theme. The Gym Leaders here, like every town and city they represent, reflect the looks and styles of their city. Tate and Liza are dressed in blue space suits! Also, this city outlooks the water and a bunch of other small inhabited islands.

I know I can't vote for the Battle Frontier, but wow, was that well-designed.

Years
Definitely Fortree because I like those bridges and the sound they make when walking on them.. It's just awesome. >.<
I also like the gym there, it has the best puzzle ever made in pokemon history and it's a flying-type gym, and I happen to really love flying-type pokemon.
And I had my secret base near Fortree for some reason. (I guess it was the closest base available that was near a pokecenter)

Years
Slateport City for me. I love how it has its own beach, that's definitely a unique trait even though it's technically part of Route 109.

Years
Lilycove City of course! Lilycove has the Department Store, Pokemon Fan Club, Contest Hall, Magma/Aqua Hideout, Harbor. It's the place where you'll begin surfing very long and you'll have your last battle with your rival.

Lilycove is just great, that's all.

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Fortree, Pacifidlog, and Sootopolis. No doubt that Hoenn had some unique town/city designs, but these three take the cake for me. A city resting on trees, a town floating on logs, and a city hidden underwater, can't get more awesome than that.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Fallarbor, Fortree and Sootopolis. I voted for Fortree, but I'm kind of wishing I'd voted for Fallarbor, since it's not getting much love... XD

Fallarbor because it's next to my favourite Route, 113. Fortree because of the tree houses, but of course. And Sootopolis because it was home to the Groudon/Kyogre battle in Emerald and because of how one of the townspeople describes how it looks at night.

ExtremeStyle

Pokemon hacks <3
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
My favorite has to be Fortree.
The whole idea by living on trees was awesome.
It had a flying type gym,and flying type is one of my favorite!
You talk to Steven in the nearby route and he gives you that scope (can't really remember it's name).
Invisible pokemon ! ! ! I like the idea.
Oh,and you can catch Mightyena and Absol <333 in the nearby routes.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
My favorite has to be Fortree.
The whole idea by living on trees was awesome.
It had a flying type gym,and flying type is one of my favorite!
You talk to Steven in the nearby route and he gives you that scope (can't really remember it's name).
Invisible pokemon ! ! ! I like the idea.
Oh,and you can catch Mightyena and Absol <333 in the nearby routes.

Yeah fortree is Really too beautiful i completely agree you.

I like Liliycove and Fortree. But when it comes to the trainer part of my mind I like Lilycove more...

Look like Fortree is poplar among some people here.

Years
Tie between Fortree and Mossdeep! Fortree was just gorgeous and the overall idea behind it was unique. Mossdeep because of the space center.. though it could've been done a lot better, admittedly.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Tie between Fortree and Mossdeep! Fortree was just gorgeous and the overall idea behind it was unique. Mossdeep because of the space center.. though it could've been done a lot better, admittedly.

I also like those two :P But Slateport city is my favorite. By the way I also Like the Space center. And tell us more reason about your interest in These cities. Why you like them ? Give us more detail.

Kelton2

Yes, That One
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
This is WAY TOO HARD, so instead I'll just list the towns I don't like:

Oldale (Viridian is the only first-non-hometown that I like)
Dewford (I hate the size, but then again I love Pacificlog which is also very small.......)

Now you see why it was hard to pick.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
Out of design, it's Fortree for me. I liked Pacifidlog too, but honestly it wasn't as niche as Fortree.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I voted Lilycove due to all the convenient little places there but I liked a lot of others.
The design for Sootopolis was awesome with the whole 'dive to get in' feature. Fortree was cool because of all the tree houses. I liked the whole beachy scene to Slateport.

Hoenn just all around had good cities.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
For its sea port ? Oh yeah.... I like Slateport. by the way tell us more reason why you like Lilycove city ? i am sure there can't be only one reason that you like Lilycove city.

Kelton2

Yes, That One
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
Actually, I've gotten it to 3 choices. Fortree, Pacifidlog, and Sootopolis. All because of their design.

Back