• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
HELP!
I'm trying to patch an emerald rom with beta 6 of pokemon Glazed. No matter what I do, it will not successfully patch. I'm on an android device, I have no access to a pc. I've tried 3 different rom patching apps, and about 15 different clean USA/Europe emerald roms from various places. I've seen posts from other folks with the same problem and nobody has any answers.
Please don't reply with instructions on how to patch a rom - I'm quite familiar with the process.

What the hell is wrong here?

I have the right patch, the right rom, nothing should be wrong but it would seem that for some reason you CANNOT patch pokemon glazed onto an emerald rom on android.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2015
For some reason I can't play Pokémon hacks on the Myboy! GBA Simulator. I've download 4Share too. Anyone Who know what is going wrong? I'm trying to play it on a Samsung S4 and I'm trying to play Pokémon: Fullgi s

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Ok so today I got an new Ez Flash iv(new edition) and I put a few rom hacks on it and some clean roms, and the clean roms work just fine, but the rom hacks give either white screen or glitch upon loading the title screen.
I've tried flashing to nor but it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 8, 2015
Fire Red Link

Hi everybody, last night I started Pokemon Fire Red in the Visual Boy Advance Link emulator, this one includes the game link emulation option.
My question its about if it is posible to change pokemon between the English Version (U) and the Spanish Version (E) of this game, because my friend started at the Spanish Version but I prefer the English Version.
Thanks for all, I wanted to say that this is the ultimate Pokemon forum, very nice.
Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
how to multi battle in this emulator cause i want to battle with my other friends because we can just battle one on one and we want a double battle please reply :D

Years
Not being able to read should be against the rules, too. My bad, this thread is perfectly fine, sorry about that.

As for your question, I think it should work fine if you just mean trading between the ROMs, as the Pokémon data structures wouldn't be any different and I'm sure the original games were made to be cross-compatible with different languages. Ultimately, the best way to know would be just to try, with something like VBA Link.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2015
I found a real 3ds Emulator!

I found a real 3DS emulator a couple days ago, but it is only in alpha/beta mode...but it is called Citra.
Also this is my first forum thingamajig.
Sorry if a forum like this was already posted and such.
Just look up "Citra 3ds" and hit the first one that says "Citra - Experimental 3DS Emulator"
I do know for a FACT that it is REAL and WORKS because I tested it, even though it isn't done, it works, in a year or so be prepared for an epic
3ds emulator and stuff, but yeah they also have a YouTube channel named Citra Emulator just look the name up on YT.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
It's actually pretty amazing. Of course, it can't emulate commercial games yet (that's a year or two off), but it's wonderful to see something like this progressing.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Yup I've known Citra for a while but I don't think it's needed yet cause 3DS is still available worldwide.. But still who wouldnt like 3DS emulator? I'd take it if its needed or not lol

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2015
Oh, finally? That would be awesome.
What kind of games does it support?
Since you guys say it works but doesn't support commercial games.

It supports a couple of Homebrews at the moment and they're working on Ocarina Of Time as of now, they already made some progress on it, they got it to run nearly full speed already! They did say the games that most people want like POKeMON x/y and other games will be worked on last, since they are very big and such complicated details I can't remember. So yeah, pretty much only homebrews are supported as of now. Keep checking their website though as they may update from time to time. They may update every few weeks or months to kick some the bugs out of their 3DS Emulator. Did you guys know that some of the people are Ex-co workers from the Dolphin Emulator?(As I heard from their YouTube comments section.)

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Tried it before and it worked like a charm.. MyBoy really is great at developing their apps.. I hope DraStic also comes up with a feature like this..

Back