• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
OK, time for my entry :3

shiny, male, lvl 70
french_flag.jpeg

485.gif
Heal.png

Ability: Flash Fire || Nature: Timid || OT: Camilla 30703
IVs: 31/4/31/30/31/31 HP Grass 68

I picked Heatran because it's really heavy! 7th heaviest Pokemon. Add both Heavy Slam and Heat Crash packed with STAB and that would make the lava monster even more hot thread than it is already! It doesn't learn any of those though and is more Special than Physical. Ball matches shininess and eye colour :3

Well, there are only three other entries, so I don't have a wide pool to choose from, go RNG something, do it for me :3

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
OK, time for my entry :3

shiny, male, lvl 70
french_flag.jpeg

485.gif
Heal.png

Ability: Flash Fire || Nature: Timid || OT: Camilla 30703
IVs: 31/4/31/30/31/31 HP Grass 68

I picked Heatran because it's really heavy! 7th heaviest Pokemon. Add both Heavy Slam and Heat Crash packed with STAB and that would make the lava monster even more hot thread than it is already! It doesn't learn any of those though and is more Special than Physical. Ball matches shininess and eye colour :3

Well, there are only three other entries, so I don't have a wide pool to choose from, go RNG something, do it for me :3

Wow, that entry is amazing! ^^ Gotta love those French abuses. Nice numbers and all, it'd go well with my HP ice Heatran! Too bad you can't pick your own entry, huh? ;)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Well, yeah...
I know my entry's best, and as the judge I should give good example to the participants, shouldn't I? ;)

Guys, follow my steps - grab your DSes and RNG your Heavy Slammers filled with epicness right now! :D

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

004.png
338.gif
004.png

Solrock
shiny.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Brave | Levitate | 31 31 31 30 31 0
Trick Room, Explosion, Stone Edge, Earthquake

For this challenge I thought out of the box for a bit and chose Solrock. Solrock isn't the heaviest Pokémon but it still is pretty heavy. It can use a range of fire type moves, so I thought it might be a good user of Heat Crash. It has Levitate so I figure it can just float above a Pokémon and use Heat Crash on top of it. Also it's the Meteorite Pokémon so that just shows that it has experience of crashing into things from the sky and crushing them.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Lovely entries, everyone! I'm really digging the dive ball Scolipede. ;)
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll do this one. :c

Hello everyone. I'm currently trying to RNG for the first time and hoping to be good at it like you guys. But im having a hard time in getting my SID :( Anyone here can help me? :) PM or VM
Have you tried sending a Pokemon to Pokecheck to check your SID? If you couldn't get it to work, wait 12-24 hours or whenever some of our members check in here. Someone should be able to help you out.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years

004.png
338.gif
004.png

Solrock
shiny.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Brave | Levitate | 31 31 31 30 31 0
Trick Room, Explosion, Stone Edge, Earthquake

For this challenge I thought out of the box for a bit and chose Solrock. Solrock isn't the heaviest Pokémon but it still is pretty heavy. It can use a range of fire type moves, so I thought it might be a good user of Heat Crash. It has Levitate so I figure it can just float above a Pokémon and use Heat Crash on top of it. Also it's the Meteorite Pokémon so that just shows that it has experience of crashing into things from the sky and crushing them.

I like it! Fantastic abuse ^^

Ok, so I have a pool of 4 Pokemon to pick from, golly :3

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
With regard to the discussion, I really hope they make easier to RNG on the 3DS/DSi, from what I've heard and researched it's a real ***** to do.

Now onto business!

004.png
095.gif
004.png

JeLana
shiny.png
| Level 1
Hans | 12288 | Black
Adamant | Rock Head | 31 31 31 XX 31 31
Harden, Bind, Rollout, Rock Blast

OK, so this is an Onix. Since I don't have any friends it isn't evolved into a Steelix yet, but consider it as such. Right, so, Steelix is one big mother, weighing in at 400kg it's doing 120 damage with STAB (so 180; woo maths) to about uhm 509 of the total 649 pokemon in the game. Unfortunately it doesn't have the ability to learn Head Smash, but it can still make use of Rock Head by Double-Edging your face as well. "But, whatever shall we do about the 140 other pokemans?" Well, hypothetical stupid head, just double-edge them, you ain't takin' no recoil damage. "But what about ghost ty-" SHUT UP. Dusknoir? Spiritomb? Those jokers are RU tier anyway, but even still, Heavy Slam does 120 damage against them (80+STAB).
Seriously, this guy will wreck your sh*t. Also, this.

Uhh, howto youtube embed?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
So after RNGing some wild pokemon (deino + roggenrola) I decided to start breeding. I literally just RNG this:

Charmander (m) Timid nature
IV's: 31 | 22 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Scratch, Growl, Flamethrower, Sunny Day

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
MrCrazyHans, nice challenge abuse! I like your Onix much!

Samboanoritzon, why don't you try taking part in our challenge? Would be great if you did! Details in the first post, have a try! :)

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Sooo.. I made a poke for the challenge @.@

446.gif

Munchlax (NN Grubas)♂
Adamant
Thick Fat
31/31/31/31/31/31
-Tackle
-Pursuit
-Return
-Earthquake​

Well, there is nothing that awesome about this, it's my first RNG after a really biiiiiig break and I'm still lazy :cer_shifty:
The true story about this poke:
- Hmmm..Heavy Slam, so it has to be heavy and learn Heavy Slam
*opens pokedex*
- Snorlax? May be Snorlax..
- But nah, he is to mainstream, so will be Munchlax.

The natures were chosen like "Hmmm... maybe I will use this someday.. or not" and..

yea, I'm lazy and not as awesome as you guys ._."

Edit: I forgot, about the NN, Grubas means Fatty in polish >.>

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Sooo.. I made a poke for the challenge @.@

446.gif

Munchlax (NN Grubas)♂
Adamant
Thick Fat
31/31/31/31/31/31
-Tackle
-Pursuit
-Return
-Earthquake​

Well, there is nothing that awesome about this, it's my first RNG after a really biiiiiig break and I'm still lazy :cer_shifty:
The true story about this poke:
- Hmmm..Heavy Slam, so it has to be heavy and learn Heavy Slam
*opens pokedex*
- Snorlax? May be Snorlax..
- But nah, he is to mainstream, so will be Munchlax.

The natures were chosen like "Hmmm... maybe I will use this someday.. or not" and..

yea, I'm lazy and not as awesome as you guys ._."

Edit: I forgot, about the NN, Grubas means Fatty in polish >.>

Nice abuse, I love the nickname (guess why?) :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love that Solrock, Vappy. ;o; It's so sunny and great. And lol I was gonna do Onix, but I've been so busy with school and now someone else has done it and my life is ruined. </3 So I'll either find something heavy real quick-like or wait out till the next challenge. ;(

edit: I did itttttttttttttttttt in oneeee tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

004.png
208.gif
004.png

Stallord / Steelix (m) lv. 1
Sturdy | Relaxed
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/0
[ Fire Fang, Stealth Rock, Heavy Slam, Smack Down ]
-hatched in Challenger's Cave-

I had this guy picked out since the challenge was posted, but I have been busy with a project, plus I wasn't sure how to approach getting that egg move on there. Thanks to Mac for the parent btw! I picked Steelix because I've always thought it was a massive brute of a Pokemon. Look at it! Its head has to be most of its weight. It's almost among the super heavy weights. Plus, I wanted to go out of the way to get that Heavy Slam on it since it is, after all, the Heavy Slam Challenge. Everything else I wanted to say about Steelix has already been said though, especially about the power of its Heavy Slam. There's not much in RU that can withstand all that weight Steelix brings to the table. So yeah, Stallord the Steelix! Got the name from the boss of Arbiter's Grounds in Twilight Princess. Bit of a Zelda craze lately, haha.

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
And the winner is...
Spoiler:

Congratulations to the winner and all who participated! I hope all of you enjoyed this challenge, time for another one:

The trusty talisman Challenge!
RNG a Pokémon you've always relied upon. What about that Pokémon motivates you to where it never seems to leave your side?

Last edited:

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
Woohoo, first!

004.png
130f.gif
004.png

Thumper
shiny.png
| Level 20
Hans | 12288 | Black
Adamant | Intimidate | 31 31 31 XX 31 31
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 idgaf
Splash, Tackle, Bite

This is my Gyarados, sixth in a long line of Thumpers before her. Since Pokemon Emerald, all of my parties have had a Gyarados in them. Why? Can't be terribly sure, probably because they're just so awesome. I mean, come on, you take a Magikarp, whallop some wimpy little pokemon over the head with it long enough and it turns into a goddamn sea serpent from hell. It also helps that Gyarados is one of the better non-uber pokemon, with it's pretty high 125 base attack it's my favourite physical sweeper in the game. Gyarados also possesses the highest base stat change between two of any evolutionary forms, that is to say, when it evolves from magikarp, it's average base stat rises by 340 points. With it's capability to learn earthquake, Gyarados also has perfect coverage from any bad type match-ups you may face. Gyarados was also the very first pokemon that I trained to level 100, shortly thereafter my save file broke and the original Thumper was lost forever. :( He's sweeping the elite four in a better place now.

But anyway, with it's amazing stats for a non-uber, it's brilliant movepool and total badassery, Gyarados is what I regard as my trusty talisman pokemon.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?
I would really hope and assume that they would stay the same, learning RNGing in B/W was hard enough, but to have to learn a whole new way would be annoying, seeing as how I want and need to learn 4th gen still.

Also for fellow Mac (the computer kind lol) users, PPRNG 1.10.0 is out now.

And does anyone know a good tutorial for Gen IV RNGing for Macs or someone that could teach me? Everyone that I find is for Windows.

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?
I would really hope and assume that they would stay the same, learning RNGing in B/W was hard enough, but to have to learn a whole new way would be annoying, seeing as how I want and need to learn 4th gen still.

Also for fellow Mac (the computer kind lol) users, PPRNG 1.10.0 is out now.

And does anyone know a good tutorial for Gen IV RNGing for Macs or someone that could teach me? Everyone that I find is for Windows.

Step 1: Uninstall OSX
Step 2: Install Windows
Step 3: Win Uninstall windows, install unix.

But seriously, http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?534245-*Revamped-RNG-Discussion-Help-Thread fourth post, try that. It looks pretty legit but I can't verify because I don't own a Mac. You could also try running RNG Reporter through Mono, but again, I haven't the foggiest idea of how you'd go about that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Good luck, I guess.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2020
But seriously, http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?534245-*Revamped-RNG-Discussion-Help-Thread fourth post, try that. It looks pretty legit but I can't verify because I don't own a Mac. You could also try running RNG Reporter through Mono, but again, I haven't the foggiest idea of how you'd go about that.

That's for 5th gen RNG ^^;

My OS is Windows, I wish I could help.

Apparently the basics are the same from what I've read, but again, I've never used it, so I have no idea. Sorry.

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
That's for 5th gen RNG ^^;

Whoopsie, I only skimmed through it :L

Further on the discussion, I can't see them making RNG any harder in B2/W2. What with the introduction of the Masuda method and how much easier RNG is in B/W when compared to the others, if anything it'll get easier. The way it is now is good, I think, it's very time consuming, but fairly straightforward once you learn the basics.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2020
This has nothing to do with anything, but I successfully did my first 4th gen abuse!!

Spr_4p_280_s.png

♂ | Lv. 17 | Caught at Route 209 | Lv. 17
Bold Nature | Synchronize | OT: Wolf | ID: 00338
<Crap IV's> | obviously, shiny ^^;
Confusion | Double Team | Teleport | Lucky Chant​

May not be my lucky charm, but it does know Lucky Chant xD
This was caught to be a Synchronizer for Giratina...Shiny Giratina, here I come!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This one took most of the day, but I'm really proud of how it turned out! :)

004.png
197.gif
004.png

Midnight / Umbreon (f) lv. 2
Synchronize | Careful
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/20/31/31 | 100 HP/100 Sp. Def
[ Tail Whip, Tackle, Payback, Wish ]
-hatched in Black City-

Umbreon! Ever since I saw it up for rental in Pokemon Stadium 2, it's been my favorite Pokemon of all time. Shocking, isn't it? Most people would think Petilil. In Pokemon Stadium 2, Umbreon was always that Pokemon that could survive the Explosion or Self-Destruct that my other Pokemon fell to. In Platinum, when I didn't have anything to rely on, it took out 2 ubers as well as a Typhlosion that were all way overleveled compared to it. This particular one is basically my dream Pokemon. Midnight is the name of what I would have named the Umbreon in Pokemon Stadium 2. I couldn't make a rental team without it. It wasn't shiny (though Umbreon's 3D animation has it pass back and forth between normal and shiny coloration sort of), but it was what I consider to be my first Umbreon, and so that's what this one here represents. I could always rely on it then, in Colosseum, Silver, Gale of Darkness, Platinum, SoulSilver, you name it. I've had too many Umbreon to count. Umbreon is my trusty talisman, trump card, and favorite Pokemon. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back