• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Would there be any way to incorporate tag battles in FireRed?

This is a tag battle:

Battle_with_Lance.png

Jokuc

']['he Master of Horror Movies
Years
I know!! Isn't it horrible when you're trying to make a hack and ask a question, and people ignore you so you have to wait for ages before you can continue on you hack!!!

Here you go:

Thank you so much! I started the hack 2007 so.. and I've had problems with question 2 for 4 years now so I couldn't work with it >_>

Gives us more information, I don't understand your question.
I'm sorry I thought you would understand.
If I test the game in VBA or No$Gba (something like that. Yes I always test with 2 emulators if the problem is with the emu)
and if all my Pokémon die somehow, and I'm out of pokemon the screen with text appears as usal.
But when I press A, Instead of spawning inside the pokemoncenter, I spawn here:

CINNABAR ISLAND (12.0)
X:07 Y:04

This is only when my pokemon die in a route. If they die in a house of city I come to the pkmcenter.

Go to the Header option (Next to the Events option and the Wild Pokemon option above the canvas), change the name from there (from the first option on the right). The slide down thing which is the first option on the left selects under which category the map is. I don't currently know how to add your own categories. If you change the category of a map you have to save and reload the rom for the change to appear.
I'm really sorry, I didn't know how to formulate my words. I'll try agin

1. I press From Header (Which I always use)
2. I open some random map in a bank.
3. I press new map.
4. I change the map name to like 'Example', size and tile set. And then OK
5. I make my map.
6. I press Insert map.
7. I go to Create New Space and then I choose bank 3 (LG, you know) and then 1 reserved map.
Then I press Create and Insert. But now, the map's name is not Example, It's Pallet Town.
If I go to header and Edit the Name there to Example, the name Changes to Example but all Maps related to Pallet Town changes name to Example.

So, I've got preblems when I try to make a new map..
I've tried to make new maps with: 1.82, 1.92, 1.95
The same thing happens.. I've had the same problem for 4 years now :/
No one seems to know my problem.. :'(

I don't know about 1.95 but try this (this is valid for 1.92, it might work for 1.95 too): Don't edit the size of pre-existing maps. There is a solution if you do want to change the size of an already existing map but I don't know it (it has something to do with reinserting the map or whatever)
The map I was trying to warp to was my edit of Viridian Forest. I resized it a little bit. So I shouldn't re-size existing maps..

No idea, sorry
Nvm, Just something I would like to know, not that important.
My biggest problem here is that I can't make new maps.

It doesn't matter which one you edit.
Alright, then I'll keepon stick to Header. :)

And by the way, All my problems:
I have of course tested over and over, reinstalled, restarted pc, tested other versions, other emulators, mirrors to Advance map. AND, I've also tried on another PC.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I'm a newb here so I didn't know where to post this and please don't assume that I know about errors in A-M.
AND YE,YE This miiiggghhht not be a "simple" quetion ^.^
Alright, I'm using Advance Map 1.92 to hackLG
. To test it I use VBA. I have 4 questions.

1. When I'm out of of Pokémon, I re-spawn inside a Gym. Wtf?

2. How can I re-name maps?
I tried to insert a map and then it became a copy of the trading room place in the Pokécenter. (I created a new bank)
Then I edited the name of the new map in the new bank folder.
But when I edited it, the name of the Pokécenter place also changed!
How can I make a new name and keep the other?

[/COLOR] 3. Well, I am working very much with my hack but when I test it something happens:
If I go into a warp I have made myself, I get a blackscreen.
If I edit a map that's connected with warps (like a house) , I get a blackscreen.
IF I change ROM and then edit another map..
..I get a blackscreen!
I can't understand why it does not work though I know how to place warps.
So I deleted the warp in one of the maps and then tried agin with a new warp. Finally it worked.
BUT! Then I edited another map (that not had anything to do with the first map) and then saved.
Then I tried and my new place was looking great, but the blackscreen came back when I tried to visit the other place..
So I thought it might be a bug or something.
So, I downloaded Advance Map 1.95. I tried to open my map but then I got this error:

'The MapFooter is not saved at an Offset dividable by 4,
this can cause map is Black in ROM. Loading it anyway.
'

4. I'm using scripts and A-trainer to create new trainers. I've got almost everything to work.
The thing is, How can I change the battle music? I tried to edit the "intro music" in A-trainer but nothing happend in the game.
So I tried a script like 'sound 0x153' But that didn't work..

And also, when I'm using Advance map, What should I edit? "From ini" or "From Header"??

Help, anyone?

1. You have to have the heros house(or wherever you want to "Respawn") set as a healing place. Do this by using "sethealing place 0x1" in a script and put it in the map as a map script.

2. I'm not sure you can add names. It's a good idea to just rename a map name that you're not using. (ie. Sevii Isle 6-9 which are unused in the rom.)

3. Chances are the maps you're using are linked. (As in the have the same Map Footer) In which case changing one map will change the others. Contrary to what CrazyShooter says, resizing maps is perfectly fine. A way around this is to create new maps by adding resevred map spaces (File + Map + Insert Map + Create New Space). This way you can avoid messing around with linked maps.

Edit: Did you remember to move the placement of the warps so that they are on the map, as opposed to outside of the map's range?

4. In A-Trainer change the intro music. In FR/LG there are 3 pieces of intro music you can use as far as i know. They are 0 (male encounter) 1 (Female Encounter) and 3 (Mystery Encounter aka Super Nerds and Team Rocket). The others are duplicates of these three.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
can somebody answer my questions its really annoying to have people like mods completely ignore your "simple questions" that they know and then you hack takes forever to release

does anybody know how to make night exclusive wild Pokemon encounters?

i am making people hidden how do i make them appear for a script in xse?

how do i make sprites dissapear forever in xse? <== i tried the hidesprite command but it dissapears for a second then reappears when i move.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
can somebody answer my questions its really annoying to have people like mods completely ignore your "simple questions" that they know and then you hack takes forever to release

does anybody know how to make night exclusive wild Pokemon encounters?

i am making people hidden how do i make them appear for a script in xse?

how do i make sprites dissapear forever in xse? <== i tried the hidesprite command but it dissapears for a second then reappears when i move.

1. There's a thread about day/night pokemon encounters in the Research & Development thread. It's actually somewhat complicated so if you're a new hacker it might be a tad too difficult for you.

2. How are you making them hidden? Using the "Hidesprite" command in XSE or via A-Map?

3. Use the command Hidesprite in XSE. Also make sure there's a flag in the sprites "Person ID" box in A-Map.

Edit: Sometimes your questions are ignored because they've already been answered a million times before, which is why you're encouraged to use the search function.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I think he means that he's set the movement type of an OW to Hidden. If that's the case, then you have to include a show (appear sprite) movement raw before all of the other movements in the offset. The movement raw varies depending on the game you're hacking.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
1. There's a thread about day/night pokemon encounters in the Research & Development thread. It's actually somewhat complicated so if you're a new hacker it might be a tad too difficult for you.

2. How are you making them hidden? Using the "Hidesprite" command in XSE or via A-Map?

3. Use the command Hidesprite in XSE. Also make sure there's a flag in the sprites "Person ID" box in A-Map.

1. ill have to visit that thread

2. the command hidesprite makes the sprite hide til i move then its back im making the sprites hidden via a map and i need to know how to make them unhidden for specific scripts only

3. and like i said the hidesprite hides the sprite until my character moves then it reappears

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014

2. the command hidesprite makes the sprite hide til i move then its back im making the sprites hidden via a map and i need to know how to make them unhidden for specific scripts only

3. and like i said the hidesprite hides the sprite until my character moves then it reappears

2. Use the Hidden movement type for an OW, and do what I stated above.

3. You need to use a Setflag that corresponds to the Person ID of an OW in A-Map after the hidesprite command.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I told you how to fix that, Make sure to have a flag in the OW's Person Id box in A-Map. That will make it disappear permanently.

Edit: In accordance with what Binary said: You don't necessarily need to have a "setflag" command present in the script. Simply using "hidesprite" while there is a flag in the Person ID box will cause the person to disappear.

Jokuc

Years
1. You have to have the heros house(or wherever you want to "Respawn") set as a healing place. Do this by using "sethealing place 0x1" in a script and put it in the map as a map script.

2. I'm not sure you can add names. It's a good idea to just rename a map name that you're not using. (ie. Sevii Isle 6-9 which are unused in the rom.)

3. Chances are the maps you're using are linked. (As in the have the same Map Footer) In which case changing one map will change the others. Contrary to what CrazyShooter says, resizing maps is perfectly fine. A way around this is to create new maps by adding resevred map spaces (File + Map + Insert Map + Create New Space). This way you can avoid messing around with linked maps.

Edit: Did you remember to move the placement of the warps so that they are on the map, as opposed to outside of the map's range?

4. In A-Trainer change the intro music. In FR/LG there are 3 pieces of intro music you can use as far as i know. They are 0 (male encounter) 1 (Female Encounter) and 3 (Mystery Encounter aka Super Nerds and Team Rocket). The others are duplicates of these three.

1. Oh thanks, it worked :)

2. Huh what? You can't add new names?? But people on youtube do it.. And look at my earlier post (Post number #18157 page 727) And I mean.. you have to be able to change names.. People who make hacks, their cities is not named like Pallet town.. They make own names.

3. Look at my earlier post agin, when I press new map I just get a blank map named Pallet Town lol

4. What? Could you please explain more detailed, I'm quite stupid hah :classic:

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
2. Huh what? You can't add new names?? But people on youtube do it.. And look at my earlier post (more detailed what I mean) And I mean.. you have to be able to change names.. People who make hacks, their cities is not named like Pallet town.. They make own names.

3. Look at my earlier post agin, when I press new map I just get a blank map named Pallet Town lol

4. What? Could you please explain more detailed, I'm quite stupid hah :classic:
2. AFAIK they just rename pre-existing maps (ie. Changing Pallet Town to New Bark Town etc.) not add new map names. You can do this with A-Map by goign to the header tab and changing the name in the "Name" box. I've added more details in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

3. Change the name of the map by using the header tab.

4. In Fr/Lg you're limited to three pieces of music to use as "encounter music". Those pieces of music are Male Encounter (which is Intro Music 0 in A-Trainer), the Female Encounter (which is Intro Music 1 & 2 in A-Trainer) and Unknown Encounter [which is used for Hikers, Evil Teams and people of that nature]. Unknown Encounter is Intro Music 3 & 6 in A-Trainer. There are other Intro Musics in A-Trainer but those are just duplicates of these three.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
I told you how to fix that, Make sure to have a flag in the OW's Person Id box in A-Map. That will make it disappear permanently.

Edit: In accordance with what Binary said: You don't necessarily need to have a "setflag" command present in the script. Simply using "hidesprite" while there is a flag in the Person ID box will cause the person to disappear.

what do you mean by flag in the OW's id box in a map?

also no i need a person to be hidden UNTIL a specific script happens i make them hidden using the hidden option in A map how do i make them unhidden for ONLY that specific script?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
what do you mean by flag in the OW's id box in a map?

also no i need a person to be hidden UNTIL a specific script happens i make them hidden using the hidden option in A map how do i make them unhidden for ONLY that specific script?

In amap under the offset box is a box that says "Person ID". Just put a flag in there and that should fix your problem.

Years
Thank you so much! I started the hack 2007 so.. and I've had problems with question 2 for 4 years now so I couldn't work with it >_>

I'm sorry I thought you would understand.
If I test the game in VBA or No$Gba (something like that. Yes I always test with 2 emulators if the problem is with the emu)
and if all my Pokémon die somehow, and I'm out of pokemon the screen with text appears as usal.
But when I press A, Instead of spawning inside the pokemoncenter, I spawn here:

CINNABAR ISLAND (12.0)
X:07 Y:04

This is only when my pokemon die in a route. If they die in a house of city I come to the pkmcenter.

I'm really sorry, I didn't know how to formulate my words. I'll try agin

1. I press From Header (Which I always use)
2. I open some random map in a bank.
3. I press new map.
4. I change the map name to like 'Example', size and tile set. And then OK
5. I make my map.
6. I press Insert map.
7. I go to Create New Space and then I choose bank 3 (LG, you know) and then 1 reserved map.
Then I press Create and Insert. But now, the map's name is not Example, It's Pallet Town.
If I go to header and Edit the Name there to Example, the name Changes to Example but all Maps related to Pallet Town changes name to Example.

So, I've got preblems when I try to make a new map..
I've tried to make new maps with: 1.82, 1.92, 1.95
The same thing happens.. I've had the same problem for 4 years now :/
No one seems to know my problem.. :'(

The map I was trying to warp to was my edit of Viridian Forest. I resized it a little bit. So I shouldn't re-size existing maps..

Nvm, Just something I would like to know, not that important.
My biggest problem here is that I can't make new maps.

Alright, then I'll keepon stick to Header. :)

And by the way, All my problems:
I have of course tested over and over, reinstalled, restarted pc, tested other versions, other emulators, mirrors to Advance map. AND, I've also tried on another PC.

I don't know how to fix the respawn thing but quilava's master already answered you.

About the name, I just realised I get the same problem. The maps are linked (I don't mean via Connections or Warps, but in another way which I don't know). If you see below the Change Name button there is a Create name button. Mine is grey though and unpressable. If you find out how to cxreate a new name please do tell me about it.

I will try to find a way to fix the warp thing but I'll do it later since I need to go grab a snack now.

Jokuc

Years
2. AFAIK they just rename pre-existing maps (ie. Changing Pallet Town to New Bark Town etc.) not add new map names. You can do this with A-Map by goign to the header tab and changing the name in the "Name" box. I've added more details in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

3. Change the name of the map by using the header tab.

4. In Fr/Lg you're limited to three pieces of music to use as "encounter music". Those pieces of music are Male Encounter (which is Intro Music 0 in A-Trainer), the Female Encounter (which is Intro Music 1 & 2 in A-Trainer) and Unknown Encounter [which is used for Hikers, Evil Teams and people of that nature]. Unknown Encounter is Intro Music 3 & 6 in A-Trainer. There are other Intro Musics in A-Trainer but those are just duplicates of these three.
2. Are you sure? So what do you mean, if I create a new map, I do have to use an already existing map-name? If that's the case, I really think LU-HO should fix that. :\

Spoiler:

3. Yes yes, I know. But have you read post #18157?
When I change the name Pallet Town's name also changes, and I don't want that.

4. ok Thanks! I took song 3 :)

Last edited:

Jokuc

Years
I don't know how to fix the respawn thing but quilava's master already answered you.

About the name, I just realised I get the same problem. The maps are linked (I don't mean via Connections or Warps, but in another way which I don't know). If you see below the Change Name button there is a Create name button. Mine is grey though and unpressable. If you find out how to cxreate a new name please do tell me about it.

I will try to find a way to fix the warp thing but I'll do it later since I need to go grab a snack now.

Yeah there must be a way to make a new map with a new name..
I mean this is ADVANCE MAP 1.95, Hello??

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
What are the flags tied to Deoxys event, and how can I make it appear at Birth Island?

I want to make him catchable in my hack, but I've messed with the script and nothing worked (unlike Mew event, which went on a breeze)

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
Sorry I had just woken up and didn't see what you said :D
Make sure your movement perimissions are valid.
C lets you walk on it
1 is for solid
4 is for surf
0 is for stairs
14 is for something located on a different level than the C or 4 surroundings

They are, that wa the first thing I checked v-v
This is driving me insane as there is no logical explanation I can find, also when you enter a building in map b then exit, map a is completely gone from sight and there are just border tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back