• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite TV shows of all time?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
And why?

I'd list some but I have no clue, it's like choosing my favorite Pokemon. Plus there are many good shows out there that I haven't seen but would probably love if I gave them a chance.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I never loved a TV show as much as Bojack Horseman ....
I think everyone can find themselves in any characters. It is so... real. I couldn't imagine a show about animals living as humans could touch me so badly and bring this real view of our society. I can't count how many time I've watched it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
at the moment, my choice is between gotham and breaking bad. both are incredibly interesting to follow and i love watching them. honorable mentions also go to lucifer, game of thrones and legends of tomorrow.

blue

gucci
Years
friends, big little lies, orange is the new black, riverdale, prison break, desperate housewives, wentworth.

honestly all great shows with some tremendous actors, particularly big little lies. i could probably list plenty more but those are the ones that stand out for me/can rewatch over and over.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Game of Thrones, despite the pretty mediocre half of season 7. I'm sad the next season is coming 2019, but hopefully the extra time they spend on it will make it even better. Also waiting on season 6 of Orange if the New Black. Piper is just turning into the worst but I still love the show.

I really love Rick and Morty too, because of my exceptionally high IQ

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I would say Supernatural, but the last couple of seasons haven't impressed me. It was brilliant in the beginning though.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is an all-time fave, very nostalgic for me since I started watching it in my early teen years.
I expect Game of Thrones will also go down as a favourite, but of course it hasn't ended yet.

Years
Carnivale. You have to really dig through the archives of ancient HBO cancelled shows to have even heard of it. Its set during the 1930s and its about this boy who has healing powers that he doesn't want anyone to know about. He ends up joining a travelling circus to blend in. His story is told parallel to a minister who is experiencing visions and believes he has an extraordinary destiny-- he does.

What I like about this series is that it is extremely original. There is a mythology within this world that is not like anything I have heard of before. I won't give the specifics away but there are multiple people in the series with powers and everyone has a role assigned to them that they may or may not be aware of. The characters in the world are playing a sort of game of chess. I don't really have a word for it other than its really different. Its a slower-paced story where many things don't become clear until the end, and either you are going to love it or hate it. There's no real middle ground for Carnivale. If you like the Dark Tower BOOKS or Neil Gaiman then it might be something you could get into.

It's the series that got me into learning how to read Tarot cards and it has possibly my all time favorite character from fantasy Justin Crowe. It has a gorgeous and chilling soundtrack, great opening theme and it looks very realistic and gritty in production values and is well-acted.

As mentioned Carnivale is the all the time show for me, but if I'm allowed honorable mentions then I would put Game of Thrones and The Last Kingdom on my list respectively as #2 and 3.

Game of Thrones had a 95% great cast, so many colorful ammoral characters to choose from and good plot twists. Its gets a little cheesy with shock value gore and sex at times, but overall I liked the first 4 seasons a lot. Those are the only ones I watch and rewatch though, the 5th season is just alright to me and the sixth season was so bad I quit midway, went back to the books and never looked back on the TV show. But it was still fun while it lasted.

My third favorite TV series is The Last Kingdom. It could rise to the top of the list one day. I think its perfect in every way. I love history, and this is a period of time that we don't make as many films, tv shows or novels about. In any case its production design looks very authentic, none of that Merlin or Tudors stylized stuff with characters wearing unrealistic fashion. Every single actor in it is good, and I love the main character Uhtred. I'm just waiting a while before I crown this series my fav because I've only seen the first season. I hope they keep up the good work, it has tons of potential.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Game Of Thrones
Doctor Who
The Price Is Right

All I need.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Doctor Who isn't the most spectacular thing ever, but it's something I just love. In contrast, Game of Thrones probably is the most spectacular thing ever, but it isn't what I'd usually like. It's just darn good enough to be enjoyed by everybody. Also Star Trek Voyager is one of the cheesiest, silliest and most awesomest things to be put on the TV screen ever, idc what u say

I think Steven Universe is extremely well made and enjoyable, as far as children friendly shows go. I don't think anything can match it's balance between goofyness and depth, really.

For more mature things, the first season of Heroes is probably my all time favorite. It's genius and I will always love it and ignore all the subsequent seasons completely.

For light hearted stuff, I'm going to stomp on Friends and Big Bang Theory and HIMYM a bit and instead push New Girl to the top. Wow it's so good and has so much goodfeels that marathoning all the seasons made my life feel better. The sweetest and funniest show I've seen.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
For more mature things, the first season of Heroes is probably my all time favorite. It's genius and I will always love it and ignore all the subsequent seasons completely.

Ha I also only acknowledge S1 of Heroes! Man, that show tanked.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
The Sopranos and The X-Files are my two favorite shows. I watch a lot of mafia and paranormal documentaries/youtube videos and those shows are right up my alley. To be honest I haven't really watched that much TV so the concept of the show has to really interest me.

Millennium is another TV show (by the creator of the X-Files) that is about serial killer profiling and the end of the world (two other things I'm really interested in... I swear I'm not a weirdo hahaha ) but the first season is the only season I really really love although there are great episodes in seasons 2 and 3.

The original Star Trek series with Kirk and Spock is what I'm watching right now. I gotta say I'm really loving it but I've only seen maybe 10-15 episodes as of yet.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
X-Files (watched all episodes up until S7 or 8, but watched enough episodes through 10 and have watched most recent seasons), The Strain (finished it and its great), The Walking Dead (haven't watched anything past S5 or 6)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
my favorites for a while have been, I think most are off the air by now

South Beach Tow
Shipping Wars
Lizard Lick Towing
World's Dumbest
Hardcore Pawn
TruTV's Top 20

Back