• 392 replies

Sheep

Female
Cape Town
Online now
Posted 18 Minutes Ago
26,138 posts
12.8 Years
Yeah it's fun too, but I've gotten soo lazy recently. idk why haha. Well, probably because getting to lv. 100 means I can't level any more and that makes me feel a little sad.

If we still had the Vs. Seeker, lvling would be soo much fun tbh

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Sydian

XIII

Age 26
Georgia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
32,309 posts
11.4 Years
leveling is fun for me, but i get sad when there's no more growth to be had and nothing else to do, you know? so i don't like getting to level 100. i usually slow down around 70-80. not that i don't have pokemon at level 100 or even chillin in their 90's, but it still just kind of makes me sad.

and yeah, no vs seeker makes it a pain. audino grinding in bw/2 was alright but your EVs end up skewed if you're trying to raise new party members solely off those and then like. it just gets boring after a while. i found the most convenient leveling up was the restaurants in xy tbh. that's largely how i raised new teams and finished my pokedex by leveling everyone up. i have a lot of hours in x for someone that doesn't like gen VI much lmfao
somebody up there must be sad
twitter | ao3

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 16 Hours Ago
4,600 posts
14.2 Years
I'm actually kinda irritated that rematching trainers isn't a thing in Gen 7 (and XY, too? I'm not sure since I haven't played it in a long time). Would've made my training to LV. 100 so much easier instead of just hunting for Chansey all day. @_@

also I'mma randomly chuck this thread somewhere since it's been a while sooooooooo

edit: speaking of pokemon gaming, I hope everyone likes doing Challenges!

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
3,171 posts
6.2 Years
Hey, what is this thread doing in my section? It brings attention!

So what was the most challenging run you ever had?

Nah

Age 26
Female
Seen 25 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
13,458 posts
5.7 Years
I'm actually kinda irritated that rematching trainers isn't a thing in Gen 7 (and XY, too? I'm not sure since I haven't played it in a long time).
It wasn't a thing in XY either, but you were still arguably better off than in Gen 7 since you had the Battle Chateau and the Lumiose City restaurants
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

SorveteQuente

Bookworm

Male
Brazil
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
994 posts
1.2 Years
Hey, what is this thread doing in my section? It brings attention!

So what was the most challenging run you ever had?
I've never completed any nuzlocke run so probably that? If you mean completed runs though I had some trouble with a Gift Challenge in Pokémon Yellow, mostly because I wasn't familiar at all with the sloppy gen 1 mechanics and battles.
The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice as he had.

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 16 Hours Ago
4,600 posts
14.2 Years
Honestly, if Pokemon had multiple save slots, I wouldn't mind going for a monotype run since those are the type of challenges I want to do the most. :>

SorveteQuente

Bookworm

Male
Brazil
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
994 posts
1.2 Years
I really like Monotypes too! I should do more runs in the future when I feel like playing Pokémon again.
The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice as he had.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions

Male
Washington, USA
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
4,158 posts
8.7 Years
Honestly, if Pokemon had multiple save slots, I wouldn't mind going for a monotype run since those are the type of challenges I want to do the most. :>
Yeah that's what I would love to see as well....is save game data really that big? C'mon Gamefreak!

Monotypes and Monocolors are my forte...though I haven't been able to get into Gens 6 and 7 much at all for those ones yet.

More Monocolor challengers would be great though!

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
3,171 posts
6.2 Years
White Monocolor in Kalos is my favourite run in the last year or so. I adore my team so much even now. I should do more monocolor runs.

+1 for more save slots. It would make things so much easier.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
1,181 posts
8.1 Years
I feel like doing any sort of challenging run in Gen 7 is impossible because the games are made to be really easy and friendly. Even if you start limiting yourself on things it just becomes really easy. I've given up on 2 nuzlockes and a wonderlocke after 3-4 gyms because I just didn't care for how easy it was.. Now if we're talking about a challenge, I ask anyone to try playing a game with Shuckle.. I did a solo once on Emerald using one and while it has good defensive stats, in Emerald you get about one decent move and that's rollout, so you spend most of the game using X-accuracys and X-Attacks then spamming rollout on your opponents.

Got to say that while I've done over 50+ Solo's in Emerald, I've got to agree with Jd that monotypes are great, I'd probably rank them higher than solos purely because of how difficult or easy one can be. Depending on the game and the type, some are incredibly easy and a breeze while other types and other games can be a real pain to go through, this contrasting of difficulty makes you feel a lot more accomplished than having an overleveled mon beating everything in 1-2 hits.

I advise anyone wanting to do some fun and unique challenges to consider Type-Lockes and EliminationLockes. Type locks are probably easier for newer people and add a real nice twist to a nuzlocke.

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
3,171 posts
6.2 Years
Time to move on from challenging to writing.

So, have you ever written a Pokémon fanfiction?

SorveteQuente

Bookworm

Male
Brazil
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
994 posts
1.2 Years
Haven't yet, but planning too. Already got some ideas in my head that I might start developing soon.

CiCi Sama

A̻͚͠s̠͟o̠͚͖̣̕ci ̠̦̝̟a̸l̸ ̶C̪̫̫̲̮̥r͓̦̺̰e ̱̘͈̙̥̦̦́e̫͡ p͉̩̙̫

Age 26
Female
Souichi's Haunted Mansion
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
143 posts
69 Days
I've only written a few chapters of Pokemon fanfiction. Damn lack of motivation has held me back, but my partner and I are watching the anime atm so if my Oblivion obsession wears off soon (lol no), Pokemon will probably be next on the list, haha. Rin doesn't really want to be known but I want her to be known. And she hates me for it. x3

Haven't yet, but planning too. Already got some ideas in my head that I might start developing soon.
Ooh, ideas are fun! I don't really have anything particularly interesting except having a character who's more into saving and rescuing Pokemon, as well as the idea to make it more "realistic" (Pokemon licenses at 18, very rarely people are actually given "starters" -- only certain people in more privileged or ones near research labs -- and there are real animals, too. Yay kitties alongside my Houndoom~ :3333). Other than that, there's so much to do that I can't focus on any one idea, haha
Full sig pic & bigger gallery

As I caress your perfection, ɯy ƃuɐ,Ì̘̯̰͝'̡̹͎͚́ͅl̕͏͚̣̱̻̩ͅļ̗̞͉̝͇̖̬̬͢͠ te͢ar ẏ̷̡o̸͒̊ͪ̽̄͂͠u̎͗͐̿̾̕͜ŗ̸̿̆ͧ̈́ ̛ͩ̊̋͌̇̒ͥ͝i̵̷̓̔͌̋͠ủ̋s̴ͧ̽̅̽͋́̓́͡i̶ͯ̽ͣ͑̓͒́ͩd̷͔̭̬͎ͪͫ̈́ͣͮ̋ͤ͜ȩ͕̪̉͜s̭͕͉̈̄̂ͭ̾͂͋ͫ́͡ ̶̢̟̱͎̙͇͚̩͇̖̦͚̠̝̰̟̅͛͑̓ͬͣ̄͂̾͑̕̚on̛͙̠̤̲͍̯ͪͮ͋̔̉͐̚ʇ̻̰͕͆͒͗̈̅ͭ̂̓

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Minute Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
19,921 posts
7.2 Years
I have written exactly one Pokemon fic, my current one.

Bay

Darkinium Z

Female
Dani California
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
5,639 posts
13.2 Years
I've written several Pokemon fics, both chaptered and short stories! My latest one is based on Sun/Moon (and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to an extent), and I have ideas for more!

Foul Play
[Chapter Nine up!]
Advertiser Content