Age 26
Under my rock
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
49 posts
1.7 Years
Rylie Larus and Ivrant Lehort

The Academy Pokemon Center

Ivrant made his way inside the Pokemon Center. Thankfully it was pretty close by to the Cafeteria and Library. It seemed to be a central hub for trainers after classes. Made sense considering the Battlefields weren't too far off either. Which gave Ivrant an idea... that'd be a perfect spot to battle in! He could even show off to the other students at the same time to start making a bit of a name for himself as a somewhat competent trainer! Or a total fool... either way! It was exciting! First things first though. Ivrant had to get his Pokemon healed. Dynamo still had some punch left but his freshly caught Marill had seen better days for sure. Once Ivrant placed his Pokeballs on the counter, he sat down in the main lobby to wait for the healing process to be finished. "Alright... lets send out that message." Ivrant said as he pulled out his Pokegear and started sending a message to Rylie. Should have been long enough now right?

"Heya. I'm at the Pokemon Center if your ready for that Battle!" Ivrant sent the message and left it at that. A small nap would do him good while waiting for his Pokemon to heal up. He leaned back in his seat and shut his eyes. At least until he was eventually called up to fetch his Pokemon.

Meanwhile, Rylie was midway through her run back to the Academy, her heavy coat draped over her shoulder as she left the icy plains behind her. Feeling her pokégear vibrate in her pocket she quickly made sure to check it figuring it would either be her mom or that boy from earlier, sure enough it was the latter.

“You’re in luck, I’m headed that way right now. Guess I’ll meet you there in about five minutes then.” She messaged back, returning the pokégear to her pocket. “Looks like you’re in luck, runs over a bit early for you buddy.” She said, kneeling to give Hakan his last treat before returning him to his pokéball. “Need you as rested as possible. If he’s at the Pokémon center, it’s clear he’s been training too.”

Ivrant felt the Pokegear vibrate which was enough to get him to open his eyes. Sure enough he got a quick response. He simply typed "Cool meet ya there" and sent it right back. His first battle on the island! This was going to be exciting! Ivrant made sure he still had everything set up for himself so he didn't leave anything behind on accident. His Pokemon were still being healed up so he had some time to rest a bit while waiting. He'd need the energy for the battle after all.

Rylie stumbled into the Pokémon center rather exhausted looking. Making her way to the counter she gave the nurse Hakan’s ball before looking over the center. It seemed rather busy, many young-looking trainers populated the inside of the building, guess they weren’t the only ones getting into battles on day one unsurprisingly. Over against the wall Ivrant seemed to be laying back into a chair, perhaps as tired as she was. Approaching him she gave a bit of a wave, tossing her heavy coat into the seat next to him. “You look a bit better properly dressed ya know…” she prodded a bit.

Ivrant snapped more awake when he felt that heavy jacket land next to him. Looks like she was busy as well! He could already take a wild guess where she was training. "Ya think so? Guess having clothes on does that to a guy. The Suicune jacket matches everything else pretty nicely I'd say. And not having messy hair helps I spose." Ivrant said, running a finger along his hair to emphasize. "You must have been busy out there huh?"

Rylie falls back into the chair next to him, savoring the well-deserved rest she earned for a moment before finally responding. “Yeah, if for any reason I’m glad I got into Suicune for the color of the jacket alone. I always thought blue was a nice color on me.” With her hands curled behind the back of her neck, Rylie took a moment to stretch out her legs before resting them on a convenient coffee table in front of them. “Yeah, you could say I was a bit busy. I was cooped up in that plane all day yesterday, so I figured I would go for a bit of a run. Picked a nice cool place to take it as well.”

"Judging by the jacket, I'm guessing you went somewhere pretty darn cold huh? It looks wet so guess you were deep in the snow huh?" Ivrant chuckled. "I've been meeting a lot of interesting folks around so far. Even got to fight a few Pokemon. I actually just caught a new team member earlier!" Ivrant grinned. "I took a boat here pretty early. I haven't flown on a plane before. I'd take its pretty cramped in one of those. Dynamo would have gotten restless up there! I'd never hear the end of it."

“Well yeah! It’s way too warm out on the school grounds for a proper run! I swear I was fine for the entire plains but the short little spurt of run here left me completely exhausted!” Pulling her backpack onto her lap she dug through it for a bit, pulling out a bottle of water. After chugging whatever liquid was left in there she threw it back into the bag. “Yeah, it was a bit cramped, luckily I got a window seat. I didn’t bother letting Hakan out of his ball. Last thing I need is for him to wander off inside of a plane.”

"Heheh, guess coming here from a snowy town is kind of a big adjustment huh?" Ivrant commented. He didn't think it was all that hot yet but it was definitely a different deal for her. "I gotta let Dynamo out to walk around or he gets pretty upset with me. He's loves to practice moves on his own. He's popped out of the ball on his own at times even! He at least listens to me though so I guess it isn't all that bad. You'll see for yourself when we battle!" Ivrant smirked, playfully patting her on the back. The nurse at the counter suddenly called Ivrant on over. His Pokemon must have been done being healed! "Just a sec!" Ivrant said as he hopped from his seat and fetched his two Pokemon from the tray. He was ready as ever for some more action! Once he grabbed them he moved right back to his seat. "Its decently warm up in Kalos. I don't think its ever gotten super hot by the city or anything like that. I brought over some spare outfits, coats, swim trunks and all of that just in case. I gotta make a note to drop by the beach while the weather is good."

“I don’t know how I’m going to handle it if it gets much warmer… Even on the warmest days of the year there’s still snow on the ground where I’m from.” Rylie sighed a bit, enjoying the nice cool air conditioning of inside the Pokémon center. “Geez, as I said before I wish Hakan was like that. I have to bribe him to do anything, Train, Battle, you name it. Luckily the treats he likes are cheap if bought in bulk.” Rylie gave him a bit of a weird look as she was patted on the back but was too exhausted to do anything about it.

Rylie brainstormed for a moment as Ivrant got up to take his ball. She knew the Roselia was likely faster than Hakan so she could try to slow it down with an Icy wind, Or she can just go all out from the beginning with an avalanche just like she did with the snover and hope he can finish it quickly.

Her brainstorming is interrupted once Ivrant sat back down next to her, she began to quietly listen again, putting her planning on the backburner. “I’ve never been swimming before, didn’t even think to buy any sort of swimsuit before getting here. Heck, I probably couldn’t have found one even if I wanted to.”

"I'm sure Oak Town is bound to sell some if you ever want to give it a shot. The beach is a lot of fun. Might be a huge contrast from where your from. I've gone a couple of times myself whenever we're traveling around Kalos and seeing the new Pokemon I got, going down there sometime might not be a bad idea to get some training down... maybe after classes tomorrow I'll check it out and get some training down." Ivrant said.

“Hm, I’ll consider it then.” She said. Letting her arms drop to her side she felt a lump in her Coat “Hm?”. Reaching back to her pocket she pulled out the gray stone form earlier.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about this thing… Hey, you have any idea what this is?” She asked, showing him a palm sided gray stone. Nothing seemed too remarkable about it aside from the snowflake printed on the front and a small crack lining the outside of it.

Ivrant leaned in a little closer and took a look at the stone... at first he thought it was an evolution stone like an "Ice Stone" or something but they were usually way more shiny then that... "Huh... can't say I know for sure. Doesn't look like it'd evolve any Pokemon looking like that. Maybe it does something else or its a used evolution stone? Eheh... I'm more experienced with Pokeballs then stones honestly sorry." He said a bit bashfully.

“That was my first thought too but yeah, they’re usually much nicer looking than this.” She said, looking down at it as she played with it a bit in her hand. “Now that I mess with it, it almost feels like it’s split along this crack… See? I can kind of move it here just a tiny bit.” Showing it off, sure enough the cracks seem to move just a hair as the stone is squeezed.

"Hmm... that's odd... maybe it needs to get refined? Heheh. Who knows? My mom told me some Pokemon hold onto items to power their attacks up... what if that's one of those items? Can't say I know past that. Darn now I'm kinda interested! Maybe the library has a book on items like that? Would be worth a read." Ivrant said, still looking down at the stone.

“Well, I can confidently say it’s not Never-melt Ice. I’ve never had any but it isn’t exactly rare where I’m from. So unless there’s something that…” Rylie began to say as she was interrupted by the nurse calling for her. “Oh, sounds like Hakan’s done. I’ll be right back.” She said, leaving the rock in her seat as she went to fetch her Pokémon.

Ivrant was careful not to hold the stone.. last thing he needed was to accidentally break it or something like that. It looked like a large crack was forming on the rock so who knows? Maybe it was a used evolution stone... he always assumed they just faded away after being used or something like that. Ivrant was about to go as far as say it was a Pokemon or something but that seemed like a really big stretch. "Hmmmm..."

Rylie returned a moment later, Hakan’s ball in her pocket. Picking up the stone one last time she gives it only last look over before turning to address Ivrant. “Well, I guess this mystery will have to be saved for another time. For now though we have a battle we need to get to right?” She said, Picking up her coat and stowing the stone back in its pocket.

"Oh yeah!" Ivrant hopped out of his chair excitedly. "They got a battlefield not too far from the Pokemon Center actually! Just straight ahead as soon as we walk out! Theres a few trainers battling there so at least we'll have a crowd huh?" Ivrant chuckled as he started to make his way to the door. "Hope your ready Rylie! I know I got two Pokemon on hand but for the sake of it, we'll make this a one on one for now. Sound good?"

Rylie gave a bit of a smirk at the news of Ivrant’s second Pokémon. “Ah, so that’s what you were doing then. If you think it will make it fair then by all means.” She said in a bit of a taunting tone. “I hope you’re not underestimating us with that proposal though. Hakan might be lazy but we have our own fair share of tricks as well.”

"Hehehe, well hey if you want it to be two vs one then by all means." Ivrant joked. "But yeah, One vs One sounds proper. I offered the battle before I caught my second member anyways so only fair eh?" Ivrant smirked back.

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer

Male
Oregon
Seen May 9th, 2018
Posted March 25th, 2018
49 posts
4 Years
Lucas McMillan
A Mountainous Adventure (Day 1)

Lucas woke with a jolt. He looked around in confusion, but then remembered that he was in his new dorm room. He shook his head to wake up more, grabbed his backpack, and left his room. He ran down the stairs and outside, eager to do some training. He looked around for anyone, but no one was around. H quickly ran from the dorms towards the mountains. On his way, Lucas though about his bag and what he had. I don't have any Poke Balls! Lucas thought, but he kept running. This was for training, not growing his team.
Soon, Lucas arrived at the mountains. He looked up, some of the peaks disappearing into the clouds, and sighed in wonder. He started to climb up the side, using rocks and cracks as foot and hand holds when he couldn't just walk. After a bit of climbing, he came to a cave. He leaned against the mouth of it, taking a bit to catch his breath. Lucas looked inside the cave, the darkness hiding anything within the cave. "Come on out, Ace!" Lucas said, bringing out the Puppy Pokemon. Ace barked happily, the loud noise echoing in the cave. Ace was not expecting that, and nearly jumped at hearing his bark repeated at him. "C'mon, Ace," Lucas said, taking a few steps into the cave. The Growlithe followed him slowly, a small ball of fire in his mouth to light the way. Soon enough, the two of them were plunged into near darkness, the only light coming from the ball of fire in Ace's jaws. The cave was deathly silent as they walked along, the only sound being their footsteps, breath, and a quiet skittering sound. Lucas stopped, turning around to see 2 yellow eyes staring at him in the darkness. Ace instinctively shot a burst of fire at the eyes, but they dodged and moved to the side. The fire made it possible to see the source of the eyes. It was a Scolipede! Lucas and Ace began to run as fast as they could away from the Scolipede, but it was much faster, and they couldn't see where they were going. Lucas soon ran into a wall, almost hitting his head again. They saw the Scolipede's eyes come closer to them. Lucas tensed up, but then Ace shot a ball of fire at the Scolipede, its eyes widening as it got hit. Lucas grabbed Ace and ran past the Scolipede as fast as he could and ran back they way they came.
They were soon out of the cave, but their surroundings looked different. Instead of seeing an open field, they were faced with a mountain. Lucas could hear the Scolipede, so he returned Ace and started climbing up the new mountain to find out how deep he had gone into the mountains. After many scrapes, bruises, and minor cuts, Lucas reached a flat top to the mountain. It was much warmer up here than he had expected, until he realised he was on top of the volcano! There was a giant hole in the middle, but on the other side of it was a spiky, orange and red Pokemon. Lucas gasped. The Pokemon turned its head to look at him, its cannon-like snout giving it a strange appearance. Lucas had never seen a Pokemon like it, so he had to fight it. Lucas sent out Aaron. The little Aron bounced and chirped with glee as it got ready to battle. Lucas and Aaron walked closer to the Pokemon, which kept its spiky shell to them at all times. Once they were close enough, Lucas called, "Aaron, use Bulldoze!" The Aron stomped its feet and created a tremor that barely made the Pokemon flinch. What was this Pokemon? Lucas wondered. The Pokemon reeled its head back, then let forth a giant blast of fire directly at Aaron. Aaron tried to dodge, but to no avail. The blast hit Aaron, knocking him out instantly. "Aaron!!!" Lucas cried, running over to the fallen Pokemon. After returning him to his ball, Lucas sent out Donna. The Drilbur looked at the Pokemon with a look of determination. "Donna, use Skull Bash!" Lucas said, pointing at the Pokemon. Donna launched herself at the Pokemon with as much force as she could. The Pokemon seemed to smile, and when Donna hit the Pokemon's shell, there was an explosion that sent Donna flying. The Pokemon was fine, but Donna was still in the air. Lucas ran to catch Donna, but tripped over the edge of the mountain and went tumbling down the side. He soon landed on a platform at the mouth of a cave, and Donna seemed to be heading right for him. Lucas stood up and got ready to catch her. As the 18.7 pound Pokemon landed in Lucas's arms, he fell down, luckily not breaking anything. The two of them proceeded to lay there for a bit to recover.
Lucas returned the fainted Pokemon to its ball and got up. While wiping rocks off of himself, he noticed a red crystal with what looked like fire inside. Lucas pocketed the stone and pulled out his Pokenav to get out of here.He had to go west, which meant going over at least one mountain. He could go through the same cave as before, but he could get lost or encounter the Scolipede again. He decided to risk it. Luckily, he made it through without incident. Sighing, he began to make his way back to the Academy.
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.
-The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Kung Fu Ferret

White and Nerdy

Male
Digital World
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted June 28th, 2019
1,296 posts
14 Years
Eric headed over to the makeshift arena, just out of curiosity.

He saw a battle going on, and decided to spectate, because this island was, hopefully, safe without any Team Rocket-related threats, and Eric was free to do so.

Suddenly, he had a flashback as soon as he though of the words "Team Rocket".

It was the day of Peggy's funeral. It was raining pretty hard, as if the entire world was in mourning.
Eric remembered that mere days before this tragedy, he kissed his beloved goodbye and wished her luck on her first mission as a Pokémon Ranger. Now, she was lifeless, about to be buried in Lavender Town, thanks to Team Rocket bombing the Silph Co, building in Saffron City. Eric had the honor of being the last thing she saw in life, but as much grief he was feeling, Eric had an intense anger in his heart as well. This was the only human being he EVER LOVED.

Eric knew little of Team Rocket's intents. At the time, all he knew is that he wanted every last one of them DEAD for this misdeed. If it weren't for them, Peggy would still be alive.

The flashback ended, the memory of Peggy's last breath still lingering.

He didn't care what he had to, even if he had to sell his soul to Giratina itself, in order to make sure Team Rocket would cease to exist.

Eric snapped out of it after a few minutes, and headed closer to the battlefield after slapping himself in the face a few times. Eric sat down in the bleachers, near the others. Friendly Pokémon battles normally cheered him up as of late, even now.
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
"The most important thing when ill is to never lose heart."
"Sometimes - history needs a push."
-Vladimir Lenin

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit

Age 23
Male
Ambrette Town, Kalos
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted June 7th, 2019

Desmond Allen

Sizing up the Competition

With the Scyther now caught, Desmond shifted his attention to getting back to the dorms. Taking in his surroundings he noticed a small figure up on one of the ledges looking down at him. It seemed to be a Hitmonchan and boy did it look angry. Taking the cue, Desmond returned Leo to his ball and hurriedly left the area with Hecate. There was no way he was about take on that Hitmonchan. He could feel its piercing gaze on him as he jogged away.

Soon after he broke out into the open fields and in sight of Oak Town. Heading south, he headed back towards the dorms to grab some food and heal up his Pokemon. He hadn't eaten anything yet and he was starving, not to forget his promise to Leo. Scyther, who he had decided was going to be named Ares, also needed to be healed up after getting one its wings messed up.

In sight of the dorms now, Desmond made his way to Pokemon Center and handed Ares and Leo over to the nurse. A short time later, the pair were as good as new. Walking out of the center Desmond could hear a commotion over by the battlefields and decided to make his way over. Several battles were happening but a small crowd was beginning to form around a particular battle. Moving closer he saw a silver haired boy with a Roselia battling a girl dressed more for winter with a Swinub.

"What do ya think Hecate? Wanna stay?"

The Umbreon nodded its affirmation and the pair found a bench to sit down and watch.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3

Age 26
Male
A house
Seen June 20th, 2019
Posted May 3rd, 2019
2,688 posts
10.1 Years
Ivrant VS. Rylie, (Rosa is there too!): Outside the Pokemon Center

Ivrant pointed ahead at the large open battlefield set in front of the center. Several trainers were set in their own spots battling it out already with their Pokemon. The battles were of course being moderated by the school staff to make sure that nothing got out of hand. These were all new trainers and Pokemon after all! Sometimes these got out of control. Not every Pokemon was going to just listen to their trainer upon being caught after all. "Here's an empty spot. Should be plenty of space for our battle don't ya think?" Ivrant said confidently.

“Seems fine to me, Come on out Hakan!” She cheered, Releasing the Swinub from its ball. Hakan looked around confused for a moment, slowly coming to terms with its surroundings. “Alright buddy, you’ll be earning double treats tonight with your dinner if you can win this fight, Deal?” she said, giving Hakan a pat on the head. Hakan responded with a bit of an excited squeal.

Ivrant pulled out his ball right on queue. "Alright. Let's go Dynamo!" Ivrant called out as he tossed his ball into the air. When the Pokeball popped open it gave off a more unique effect opposed to the usual opening. Several red petals would pop out from the ball and surround Dynamo before falling to the ground to reveal the Rosellia all of its grace. It gave off a pose similar to that of a fencer and showed off a confident smirk toward its opponent. "Alright Dynamo, its our first battle in the academy. Let's show everyone why we're here!" Dynamo gave off a firm nod and whipped out a sharp vine from its flower arm, ready to engage in combat.

Hakan stared at the opposing Roselia for a moment, unsure of what to make of it. Never fighting much more than Snover in the past this is a rather new thing to him. “Heh, Nice little bit of bravado you have going there. Hakan! Show ‘em you’re not scared! Let’s put them on their back foot immediately with an Avalanche!” Hakan nodded in conformation. Staring down the Roselia, Hakan began to swipe its hind legs against the ground. Behind it a billowing cloud of snow began to form behind it.

This was a new experience for Ivrant as well... Ice Pokemon weren't something he fought against before with Dynamo. He'd just have to wing it and see where it went! Whatever it was up too, Ivrant had to get to dealing some damage right away. "Alright Dynamo, lets get him while he's open!" Ivrant pointed forward. Dynamo stepped forward keeping its stance and used its Vine to viciously swipe at the Swinub with Power Whip. It swiped its arms similar to that of a Rapier, even though the vine didn't quite work like that, Dynamo still worked with it fairly well. It kept a decent distance away from the opponent.

After her first catch, Rosa made her way to the Pokemon Center in order to heal her new teammate. On her way out, she couldn’t help but notice all the battles going on around the center, and couldn’t help but want to watch. “C’mon, Autumn.” She urges her Espeon to follow as they walk towards one of the battlefields. A Roselia catches her eye, engaging in an intense looking battle with a Swinub. “This should be good.” She whispers to Autumn as she walks closer.

Hakan glowered as it was hit by the vine, growling as it began to kick its hind legs harder. The snow cloud billowing behind him swiftly growing bigger the angrier it got. “Alright! Let it loose Hakan!” Rylie called out. On cue Hakan charged forward towards Dynamo, the large billowing cloud of snow following closely behind freezing over the trampled grass.

Dynamo attempted to hop away from the incoming cloud of snow but ended up being properly trampled by the Avalanche. It was quite a heavy trade of blows and both attacks they were weak too. Ivrant had to be careful next time the Swinub tried a vicious attack like that. Time to get a little more strategic. "Alright Dynamo let's tread our steps here. Stun Spore!" He called out. The Vine on Dynamo's arm retracted and instead it flung out a yellow powder toward Hakan to hinder its mobility with paralysis. "This should help Dynamo's approach a bit..."

“Is...that a good idea?” Rosa whispers to Autumn, who tilts her head in confusion. “Avalanche gets stronger if it goes after its opponent, so...slowing Swinub down will just guarantee it goes second.” Then again, it could also mean Swinub can’t attack at all, which would be the best possible thing for a grass type going up against an ice type. This is setting up to be a really good match.

Hakan hopped on the top of the snow pile it created with its attack. Somewhat proud of his work, he expected to see a frozen over flower in its wake. What he found however wasn’t quite so pleasant, the yellow powder coating Hakan as he revealed himself from the cover of the snow. “Shake it off Hakan and use freeze dry!” The Swinub trembled a bit as he tried to attack. Opening his mouth the expected harsh winds did eventually arrive, however quite a bit slower than initially expected.

Ivrant could tell Dynamo wasn't handling the cold very well. It usually could handle attacks like this better then something physical such as Avalanche though but the type difference was still apparent. Dynamo had to deal some more serious damage and hope that Stun Spore did its job. He debated using Growth to power up but he wasn't sure if there would be enough time to boost up. "Hang in there Dynamo! Cut through that ice and show that fancy footwork of yours!" Ivrant called out. Dynamo confidently whipped out his vine once more and charged forward to swipe at Hakan with Power Whip left and right.

Hakan wasn’t looking too great himself taking attack after attack was really doing a number on him. Rylie however knew he’ll be fine for now, her secret weapon should be kicking in any moment now. “You know what to do Hakan! Make them regret that attack with another Avalanche.” As he began to kick up snow again, it could be noticed that Hakan was… chewing something? Whatever it was he didn’t give much time to notice it as he began his charge again. While it was slower this time, he did seem to manage to hit some sort of second wind as well.

Ivrant caught note of the Swinub seemingly chewing something... of course. It had snuck an item in. Ivrant would have to keep not of that for his own Pokemon next time. After all, he was the one going on about it earlier in the Pokemon Center. That Avalanche attack was pretty darn vicious on its own though! Ivrant had to come up with something quick. Attacking that onslaught head on seemed to be more harmful then benefiting for Dynamo unless it would knock the Swinub out anyways.

Rosa, now sitting on the grass, Espeon in her lap, blinked in confusion as the little Swinub seemed to get a second wind. Its trainer didn’t give it any potions, it has no recovery moves… “Did it eat a berry?” Rosa asks Autumn once more. This time the purple fox responds with a nod. They’re a bit far away from the field to see crucial details, though Autumn can smell the berry as it was chewed.

“She’s making really good choices.” Rosa whispers. “And that Roselia is relentless.” Did that trainer arrive with that Roselia, or catch it? Maybe she should ask once this battle is over. She’d like to have a Roselia of her own...although...would that be stepping on this trainer’s toes?

"Dynamo, lets step back this time. Use Growth!" Ivrant called out. Rather then charge into the storm, Dynamo held its stance and stood ready to defend against the oncoming Avalanche attack as well as Power up its next move all the same. Time to see if this would be enough to last the incoming hit.

“Bury them Hakan!” Rylie called out, Hakan rushing forward in one last snow powered charge. The snow cloud didn’t seem quite as big this time as it did the previous two, was he tired? Either way he charged forward none the less, Aiming his head straight for the body of Dynamo.

After using growth, Dynamo waited for Hakan to enter its "circle" before whipping out its fines and taking out the blunt of the blow. The impact was nowhere near as hard as it was before. Attacking during that move seemed to effect is power... Ivrant just had to get a proper counter attack down. Dynamo held out its Vine and slammed it onto the ground intimidatingly. "One more Dynamo! Like you mean it this time!" His vines were slightly larger thanks to the previous boost but hopefully it would be enough to take out this Swinub! Extending it out further, Dynamo swing its Rapier esque vine and swiped it across Hakan several times while giving out a loud battle cry to emphasize the strike.

“Swin…” Hakan whined, stumbling forward with it’s own momentum as it takes the full brunt of the attack. “Hakan! You’re almost done! Just need to use one more Freeze dry!” She called out hopeful as he was getting back up again. Hakan, turning around took a deep breath… and collapsed shortly after with a small whine. “Hakan!” Rylie called out, rushing onto the battlefield.

Ivrant ran toward the battlefield as well. Dynamo looked super exhausted from that series of attacks. He definitely didn't enjoy the cold at all but he came out victorious. Dynamo held up its arm near its face and swung it forward confidently to give off one more triumphant pose before sitting down. "Good job Dynamo. Rest up." Ivrant said as he returned him to his ball. Afterwards Ivrant walked toward Rylie. "Hakan really gave us a run for our money there." He complimented.

Rylie pulled the Swinub up into her arms giving it a little bit of a pat on the head before returning him to his ball, ignoring Dynamo’s bravado. “Sorry buddy, I guess it was close though.” She said before returning him to his ball. Sighing she turned her attention to Ivrant, “So I guess I should congratulate you now huh?” She said in a rather disappointed tone.

"Ah don't worry about it. You were a great opponent in the end." Ivrant said, holding out his hand to shake hers. "I definitely gotta get some coverage for those ice attacks. That Avalanche was rough!"

"Yeah... Sorry I'm not the greatest loser in the world." She apologized, returning his handshake. “Not sure what I’m going to do myself. The easiest answer I guess would just be to train Hakan some more. Eventually just get him to the point where he can overpower everything. Still should probably put some thought into a second team member though.”

"Mmmhm! Maybe someone to cover Hakan's own weaknesses? That's why I got a water type for my team. I was thinking about how to cover Dynamo's grass and poison typing and figured water would cover both pretty well... I'll definitely have to give him a run sometime." Ivrant grinned. "Though besides that... I don't really have a whole lot of plans today myself."

“I’ll think of something, eventually, who knows. Heck, I almost wish you chose the water type to battle against Hakan, freeze dry would have done wonders.” She said, giving a bit of a sigh. “Well, looks like I get to wait in line at the Pokemon center again… Oh! That reminds me.” She said, throwing a light punch towards Ivrant’s arm. “I promised you a beating back at the dorm, in text and everything. Since I lost the battle to you that’ll have to do for now.”

Ivrant winced a little from the light punch. "Haha, oh right. That comment from before." Ivrant gave off a tiny blush at that. Maybe that was a bit bold to say before. "Heh, guess I deserved that then! I may as well join ya in line in that case. Don't want Dynamo weakened for too long. Maybe we can look into that stone ya got?"

What a battle! That was so intense, right up until the end. Rosa can’t help but smile as she stands up-- though that smile fades as she considers going over to speak to the trainers. It’s not eavesdropping if you battle in a public place, is it? Still...they might not like it.

Autumn leaps down from Rosa’s arms and gives her leg a gentle push with her head. She’s not a real social butterfree herself, but she knows Rosa wants to go up there.

“You sure…?” Rosa looks back to the two and draws in a deep breath, then trots towards them. As she gets closer, she offers a polite clap. “That was...a really fantastic fight, both of you.”

“Yeah, you kinda did.” She said, brushing her fist off against the side of her jeans. At the mention of the stone Rylie pulled it from her coat pocket yet again. Giving it another good look over as she spoke. “Might as well yeah, nothing much better to do while waiting.” Shortly after speaking she heard another girl’s voice behind her, congratulating the both of them. “Oh, Um… Thank you.” She said rather awkwardly. Clearly she wasn’t good at taking compliments either.

"Heheh... thanks. It got pretty dicey there I gotta say. Dynamo dosn't really fight like most Roselllia." Ivrant said, going a little red from the compliment. Geez already getting some praise for his battling! This really was a good start to his school year. "Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't realize we had spectators but guess that's just a given huh?"

He seems to know his Roselia pretty well, so...he’s probably had it for awhile. Well, that doesn’t mean there aren’t others on the island. “Well...You are kind of right next to the Pokemon Center...which is kind of a hub.” Rosa gives a tiny chuckle as she speaks. She turns to the girl, who probably wants to get her Swinub healed sooner rather than later. “I...should probably stop holding you up, huh?”

“Eh, yeah. I would appreciate getting there sooner rather than later.” She said, shooting a glance over to the building. “If you’d like to talk more there though I wouldn’t mind, There’s the extra benefit of getting out of the sun as well.”

"Mmhm!" Ivrant added in. "We're probly gonna be taking it easy for a bit anyways if you wanna chat. Ah, I'm Ivrant by the way. Making a habit of meeting alot of folks on my first day so far! Haha" Ivrant laughed, holding out his hand to her. "And this here is Rylie."

“Ivrant, Rylie. Nice to meet you both.” Rosa nods to each of them. “I’m Rosa, this is Autumn.” She gestures to the shy little Espeon peering out from behind her leg. “I’m game. The line doesn’t seem so long when you’re not alone.” At least, it probably didn’t. If the company’s good...hopefully she’s good company.

“Alright, then let’s hurry up and head over there then.” Rylie beckons, already starting to walk off towards the building, not wanting to spend too much more time out in the heat.

"Heating up already huh? Well hopefully ya adjust. There's probly alot warmer places on the island I'm sure." Ivrant said. "Well alright lets head on in and rest up. The day's still young!"

“Adjust? Are you from a colder climate?” That makes sense, with the Swinub. Back home they only showed up around the Ice Cavern between Mahogany and Blackthorn, which, given, she had never been to, but with a name like Ice Cave, it’s gotta be pretty frigid.

Walking ahead, Rosa opens the door for the two battle goers, glancing to Ivrant as she does. “And...based on Roselia, I take it you are from a not so cold climate.”

"Ah yeah, I'm from Kalos myself. I live in Lumiouse City with my folks." He explained. "They're fairly common around the area. At least their previous evolutions are but some Rosellia are out of town sometimes." He explained.

"Yep, Snowpeak city. Northern Sinnoh." she said with a bit of a wave, beckoning them to hurry up. "As the name implies it's not the warmest place in the world.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Dynamo, Rosellia, Male Level: 15
Moves: Spikes, Stun Spore, Power Whip, Sludge Bomb, Growth

Buster, Marill, Male Level: 11
Moves: Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Belly Drum, Tail Whip, Tickle

Knox, Sandygast, Female Level 10
Moves: Absorb, Astronish, Sand Attack, Destiny Bond, Ancient Power

L'Belle

Sexy sexy sexy

Male
The netherlands
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2,155 posts
3.4 Years
Arwyn Wilton - Training

After saying goodbye to Rosa and Autumn, Arwyn went inside of the dorm. He didn't see all that much people, luckily. He went into his room and sat down for a second. He grabbed Klink's pokéball. Thinking out loud, he said: ''What a mysterious thing you are.'' He was really proud of himself, but he didn't really didn't know anything about it at all, except for it being a steel type pokémon from Unova. At that moment he remembered the Entei dorm is the 'Battle' dorm. They had a battlefield nearby. It was time to see what Klink could do.

He arrived at the Battlefield and let both his Pokémon out. ''Ok, Scraggy, we are going to train Klink. I want you to not counterattack at all, just take the hit, all right?'' Scraggy seemed to agree with that. ''Klink, use any attack you have on Scraggy!'' With that, Klink readied it's gear and headed for Scraggy, he then slammed his both of the gears into Scraggy. That was Vice grip! ''Great job!'' It seemed like Vice grip and Charge were Klink's only moves. It seemed like some work was still neccesary. ''Ok, Klink and Scraggy, for now, you guys can fight eachother however you please!'' Klink began charging up. Scraggy went in for a headbutt, but Klink managed to dodge. Then he tried sand attack, but it didn't do anything! That means Klink's ability was Clear Body! ''Wow, Klink, you are awesome!'' Scraggy wasn't having it though. He began to use a strange move that they have never seen before. He calmly walked towards Klink, and suddenly let out a surprise attack, knocking Klink down. ''That was feint attack! Good job, Scraggy!''

Arwyn decided to call it a day at that point. Both of his pokémon put in great effort.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
4,923 posts
9.3 Years
Dallas Yukira - Dorms and Heading Out

Dallas had just finished taking a shower and getting ready as he heard a light scream from not far away. It wasn't a surprise to him though. So many people, anything could be happening so he didn't really pay attention to it. But he did take not that the Academy had become much more liveyer than before his shower. He was more concerned about what he was going to catch.

"Hmm, I can't remember where, maybe Sinnoh, but could have been Hoenn, that there was people using electricity to cook berries... It is actually a good idea. Maybe I could try that..... Blazey's flames can't be controlled right now, so he can't roast a berry very well. He still needs more training." Dallas spoke to himself as he started to put socks on.

Then, someone started banging on his door. He wasn't going to answer it, but then a voice called, "Can you please help me!"

He opened the door to find a female with long blue hair. She was trying to catch her breath.

"What's wrong?" Dallas asked.

"A Pidgey got in my room and I can't get him out! I was so nervous that I left my pokemon at home. I don't know what to do. I am going to get expelled I know it! Please can you assist me?" The girl pleased.

"Ok." Dallas said, "Where is your room?"

"Next door." She said as she ran to the left.

He followed her and sure enough, there was a Pidgey flying around her room, causing a massive mess. Without being called out, both Blazey and Freezey came out, ready to fight.

"No. Not here you two. You will have plenty of training later. This isn't the place to have a pokemon battle." He said, both pokemon eased up, but continued to watch their trainer.

"How are you gonna get it out then?" The girl asked.

"Shut your door. Not all the way, just enough to block the path. We don't need it going out that way." Dallas said.

"O...ok." The girl said, following instructions.

Dallas looked at the Pidgey, studying it closely. On one of its wings, feathers were ruffled and sticking out, as if something was there. The Pidgey was still going mad as he approached it.

"Hey there little fella... can you calm down please. I think I can help you." Dallas said.

The Pidgey looked over at Dallas and turned toward him, it flew toward him and started pecking his head. However, he didn't attack back. He didn't try to grab it or anything. He just waited. It hurt a bit, but the Pidgey was fairly young, so not too strong. He could tell by the feathers on its wings. It was no worse than being bit by his Vulpix.

"Are you ok!?" The girl exclaimed.

However, Dallas didn't answer. He was busy with the Pidgey. After a moment, the Pidgey stopped pecking him and then landed on the bed post and looked at Dallas.

"You see, I don't mean you any harm." Dallas said.

The Pidgey continued to look up and then slowly spread one of its wings. The one where the feathers were ruffled.

"What is it doing?" The girl asked.

Dallas approached slowly and after he had gotten to the Pidgey, he softly put the back side of his hand up against the under-feathers. The Pidgey was pretty calm now and he removed his hand and reached his hands behind the out stretched feather. Dallas looked at the wing and pushed the ruffled feathers away to reveal a twig that had gotten lodged in the wing.

"Yeah. I thought so. One of the easiest things to study about a bird pokemon is its feathers. This is going to sting for a little, but once I remove it, it will be ok." Dallas said in a soothing voice.

He put his second hand on the twig and slowly pulled it out. After it was removed he put the feathers back down. The Pidgey chirped in delight.

"There you go little guy. Now can you fly out that window please. You will be free then." Dallas said, pointing toward the open window. The Pidgey nodded and flew straight through the window. Dallas then followed behind and shut the window.

"Oh thank Arceus...." The girl let out a sigh.

"You may want to think about getting a screen for that window before opening it again. You don't want a Spearow or something getting in." Dallas said, turning to the girl.

"I know... I didn't even think about that. It just felt so hot to me. I don't even no how I am in Suicune... I thought I would be Raikou or not accepted... I can't believe I forgot my pokemon!" The girl said.

"How did you forget your pokemon exactly?" Dallas asked.

"I got nervous and started to rush... I couldn't even breath right. I didn't even realize I had forgotten until got here... I am such a bad trainer..." The girl said.

"Everyone gets nervous on the first day." Dallas said.

"You aren't. You did that so smoothly. How did you know? Are you a training to be a pokemon doctor?"

"I am not nervous because I have been here for a few days. Although I still wasn't very nervous then. As for how I know, I am studying to become a breeder, flying pokemon are some of the easiest to learn about. However, my true foal is to become a World Chef, so I don't really have time to be nervous." Dallas said.

"Oh wow... really? My mother runs a small restaurant... I helped her cook. She offered me a chance to come here to expand my skill because she though I was gifted... I was worried I wouldn't even make it." The girl said.

"Ooo really?" Dallas smiled and brought out a notepad and pencil. "What region are you from? What kind of food do you specialize in? What kind of seasonings do you use?" Dallas started fireing off questions.

This made the girl back away a little bit and smile, putting her hands up, "I... I- I'm not the one to ask. I am only from a small port town in North Sinnoh... I never left home, so I don't know too much about it."

"Oh ok... sorry... I have a bad habit about asking questions about food when I meet someone from another region. My name is Dallas by the way. I am from Snowbelle City, Kalos." He smiled.

"Oh... my name is.... uh... oh! My name is Megami. I am from Chocovine Town near Snowpoint City in SInnoh." Megami said.

"Well Megami, if you made to Suicune, then you have something worth exploring. If you can contact your mother, I am sure there is a Pokemon Transfer or something similar in the main office." Dallas said.

"Oh really! I thought I was going to be without a pokemon! Thank you! But I guess I need to clean my room up first." Megami said.

Dallas shrugged, "Ok guys, back to the poke balls." He said, returning his pokemon to their balls and putting them on his waste.

"Oh you have ball capsules... I have them too... if I can just find them...." Megami said.

"No worries. You don't owe me anything, just try my food every now and then."

"Ok! I will. Bye."

"Seeya." Dallas said, walking out the room.

Dallas returned to his own room and finished getting dressed. He locked his door and activated a hologram map from his C-Gear, thanks to the technology of a holocaster in the updated C-Gear. The map showed an image of the map in a 3D form.

"Guess I will head to the old power plant place. It is close to Oak Town and the forest. It should be the perfect place to find a new pokemon." He said, closing the hologram.

He walked down stairs and outside past two statues of Suicune and into a much more lively court yard. Where battles were going on left and right.

Magnificent Magilou

Perfalmost Victory!

Age 33
Female
Seen 41 Minutes Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
736 posts
8.8 Years
Naomi Junn And Sydney Ramirez
Some Open Field
Double Catch!

Current Party

Inventory

- x4 Poké Balls - x5 Potions - x1 Antidote - x1 Oran Berry

Sydney nodded and started clearing up after herself while Miko scurried back into her spot in the bag. Before long both girls were ready to go and set off, leaving the cafeteria and making their way outside of the building. Sydney was pretty pleased with herself, she'd managed to rope someone into going along with her even if she'd done it in a bit of a strange way. Hopefully Naomi proved trustworthy even if she did seem a little rough around the edges. But could Sydney really blame her? The girl hadn't exactly had the perfect breakfast experience.

"Where are you from, originally?" She asked. "Totodile is a Johto Pokemon mainly, right?"

A little conversation shouldn't irritate Naomi too much, and people always loved talking about themselves anyway right? It would help Sydney with her nerves at least, she'd never even battled a wild Pokemon before neve rmind caught one. She hoped she wouldn't make a total fool of herself... suddenly she had images of throwing the pokeball and missing completely, smacking Naomi right in the face. No, there was no point psyching herself out too much. Either she'd be okay or she wouldn't. And she would be okay. She had Miko with her and backup from another Trainer besides. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

"People here are just full of questions, aren't they...?" Naomi thought, glancing over at Sydney as she spoke.

She figured it was just something else to chalk up to the academic experience. Then again, maybe it has something to do with where one was brought up. Naomi's living experiences up to this point had both come from living in the big city, where one normally doesn't go out of their way to know everything about someone else. Regardless, it was a simple enough question. It probably wouldn't hurt to make a small bit banter on the way to... wherever it was they were heading.

"Something like that..." Naomi finally replied. "I lived a good amount of time in Celadon, but moved to Johto around the time I turned ten to live with my grandpops..."

The girl paused, the sound of some happy gurgling catching her attention. She glanced down, watching as her Totodile happily waddled ahead. His eyes were shining with excitement as he constantly looked all around in an attempt to see all this new scenery. The island was so different compared to Goldenrod, that Franky was completely in awe of it all. Naomi took a moment to pull out one of her cigarettes, lighting it and taking a small puff before she resumed her answer.

"I met Franky there... In Goldenrod City, to be exact," she explained. "He was left out to dry by his former trainer, so... I just sorta brought him home with me."

"Oh that's awful! The poor thing... but he seems really happy with you, so I guess it all worked out." Sydney said, her expression clearly sympathetic. "I can't imagine how anyone could ever abandon their Pokemon. I'd be lost without Miko."

Miko popped her head out of the bag hanging at Sydney's hip and gave a squeak to the affirmative, clearly agreeing that Sydney was totally dependent on her. The two girls and their Pokemon kept walking, making their way off campus and hitting the road that led to Oak Town. Sydney figured that halfway between the Academy and the town would be the best spot to venture off road and find some wild Pokemon. She made sure not to react when Naomi lit up her cigarette - she was used to people smoking and as much as she didn't like it she always tried not to make a fuss unless they were stuck in close quarters together. It was their life after all!

"I've never been outside Unova before," she admitted, "I'm from Castelia City and it's got it all. I wanted to travel but I knew my parents wouldn't be cool with it, so I'm really excited to be here. I want to make the most of it, you know?"

"Uh... yeah, I can see what ya mean..." Naomi responded, glancing away before she rolled her eyes. "Having both of your parents around to care about your well-being must really be drag. Hooray for liberation..."

The girl could already feel her nerves tensing up, and they had barely been outside of the academy for more than ten or so minutes tops. Naomi was beginning to get tempted to simply break this whole expedition off, but the fact that she had decided to go along for the chance to add a Pokémon to her own arsenal was the only reason for why she didn't. She took another drag off of her cigarette, this one much longer than the original, before finally returning her attention to the conversation at hand.

"So... Is there something in particular you're looking for? Like a Pidgey or an Oddish?" Naomi questioned. Maybe if she could get some idea as to what Sydney was looking for, she could speed this hunt up a bit. Besides, considering the fact that she had Pachirisu as her first Pokémon... a rather cute and fluffy one at that. Naomi could feel her gaze gradually shifting to the Pokémon poking out of Sydney's bag. "I mean.... those seem like a good start to go formin' a team around an electric type..."

"I thought about a Grass type," Sydney answered, "but I think I'm going to be looking for a Bug Pokemon instead. Miko wouldn't be too great against Grass or Ground types and this could help with that a bit. Plus the Castelia City Gym is a Bug type gym so I kinda know a bit about them. Anyway, this is as good a place to go off the road as any. C'mon Miko, out you get." Miko climbed out of the bag and clambered down the side of her trainers leg.

"You ready Naomi? Anything you want me to keep an eye out for you while we're searching?"

"A flying-type," Naomi replied quickly, as she extinguished what was left of cigarette. She took a moment to put the remainder back in her pack so she could finish what was left of it for later. "Franky is pretty strong, but speed isn't his strong point. I need somethin' that can make up for that."

The Totodile in question waddled his way towards Sydney's Pachirisu. He offered Miko a quick grin, before turning his attention to the open space before them and carefully looking around. He wanted to be the one to help Naomi find what she was looking for. Besides that, there was a princess here! What sort of brave warrior would he be if he left her unprotected?!

"Alright. You watch the skies then, I'll keep my eyes closer to the ground." Sydney reached into her pocket and pulled out a scrunchie, reaching behind her head to tie her black and blue hair back into a loose tail. She took a deep breath and stepped off the road into the tall grass, her expressive eyes narrowed as she looked almost comically hard to try and spot a Pokemon. Miko ranged alongside her, bushy tail held high. Some Bug types would be close to the earth but most of them could be found near patches of wildflower or some trees and almost all of them were pretty damn small, so she was going to have to keep her eyes peeled to spot one.

"Sometimes Flying types circle around where Bug types congregate to try and swipe an easy meal, so if you see something like that we might be able to solve both our problems in one go. I'll let you know if it looks like anything is coming at us through the grass." It was a firm statement, shy of being bossy but not by a wide margin. She seemed to be taking the hunt seriously.

Franky on the other hand, kept his eyes peeled to the skies. It was going to be difficult fighting one so high up while he was so low to the ground. Naomi seemed to be thinking along the same thing. The brown-haired teenager frowned as she squinted up towards the sky, but except for the occasional passing clouds... There really wasn't much to see up there.

"There's gotta be a better way than this..." Naomi thought, crossing her arms in a huff. She paused for a moment, glancing down as she spotted some nearby rocks. Slowly, a small grin managed to crawl its way across her lips. "Of course... I should just bring one out to us instead..."

Scooping up a hand full of rocks, Naomi motioned for Franky to follow close behind. The Totodile gave his trainer a curious look as she led him towards some nearby trees. Without even a moment for consideration, Naomi took some of the rocks and began to casually toss them in the direction of the tree branches one by one.

"What are you do-oh!" Sydney yelped as there was a chorus of squawks from the tree, a flock of wild Spearow enraged by the rock throwing bursting out and taking to the air. "Uh, well done, I guess? But that's a lot of Spearow!"

The flock spent some time flapping about and screeching before they seemed to realize where the source of their disturbance had come from. Some of the Spearow decided it wasn't worth their time and went off in search of somewhere quieter to roost but four of them were too fired up to let the matter go. They moved as a unit and got into formation before divebombing towards the two girls and their Pokemon.

"Miko - Attract!" Sydney blurted out the first move that came into her head. Miko ran straight up the side of her Trainer and set herself on Sydney's head, briefly covering her face with her bushy tail before taking it away and blowing a kiss at one of the Spearow. An almost cartoon heart shot out from the kiss and exploded against one of the diving Spearow in a shower of pink dust. That one sharply veered off from the group and started circling Sydney and Miko, singing some sort of Spearow sonnet of affection. Sydney still had to hit the dirt though to avoid being swiped by the others, hitting the ground with a whoosh of exhaled breath while Miko clung onto her hair for dear life.

One of the Spearow swooped down angrily in the direction of Miko and Sydney. The bird Pokémon let out a loud, razor-sharp screech as its pointy beak closed in on the duo, only for a sudden jet of water to come crashing into the Spearow. The bird fell back from its attack, managing to catch and balance itself before it would have hit the ground from the surprise assault. The rest of the flock stopped in their assault, all eyes suddenly resting on the now drenched flying type, Naomi, and Franky.

The flock of Spearow seemed hesiitant for a moment, as if questioning just what they should do. One of their numbers, a slightly smaller than average Spearow, let out an angry screech and began to quickly charge towards Franky. However, before it managed to make it all the way over, the soaked member of the flock let out a very agressive squawk. The charging Spearow stopped dead in its tracks, its eyes locking with those of its wet cohort. The soggy bird Pokémon merely glared in the direction of the smaller flying-type, causing it to cower and fall back into the crowd of its fellow Spearow.

"Hmmm... Looks like this one is must be the ringleader..." Naomi mused, an excited smirk managing to take hold over the girl's lips. "I like that..."

"You could have shared your 'plan' with me you know," Sydney grumbled, getting back to her feet. The enamoured Spearow was still circling her and Miko, squawking sweet-nothings. "Miko, Iron Tail!"

The Pachirisu leapt off her Trainers head, a metal coating spreading across her large tail before she twisted in the air, smacking the Spearow right in the beak and sending it tumbling off into the grass. Miko landed nimbly on the ground and glanced to Franky. "I seem to be doing a lot of work here..." She squeaked.

"If there's a second half to this you might want to figure it out before we get pecked to death. Spearow aren't known for being very forgiving." At this point Sydney wasn't entirely convinced that Naomi wouldn't just catch a Spearow and go home, leaving her here without having caught anything for herself. She'd picked up on the other girls surly attitude but hadn't figured her for outright reckless.

"I don't really recall ever havin' one," Naomi replied bluntly. She pointed in the direction of the wet Spearow, who was currently having a staring competition with Franky. “If ya’d chill out for a bit and pay attention, you’d notice that that one right there seems to be the one of the flock that calls the shots… and for some reason, it seems like it wants to go one on one with Franky. So just… calm down and stop having a meltdown already.”

Franky glanced over at Miko for a moment, a small blush working its way to his blue cheeks. “Um… Sorry about that,” he babbled. “But… This Spearow looks really strong, and I totally wanna try battling her first! You understand, right?”

Before Miko would have had a chance to respond, the Spearow let out a rather loud screech and took off flying towards Franky. Naomi’s eyes widened at the sound, quickly snapping her focus back to the battle at hand. The Spearow quickly flew over head of Franky and dove down, starting to peck at the water Pokémon with her sharp beak in rapid succession. Franky let out a pained grunt, quickly bringing his arms up to try and shield his face from the constant Peck attacks as best as he could.

“Franky, don’t just sit there and take that! Pound that little featherbag with an Ice Punch!” Naomi shouted.

Franky quickly jumped back from the rapid assault of the Spearow, shooting the bird a rather toothy grin as his little first began to form a chilling air around it. As quickly as the little Totodile could, he slammed his frosty fist right into the face of the Spearow, causing the bird to squawk in pain from the chilling blow.

"A meltdown?" She flushed. "I'm not having a meltdown! Just... whatever..." She trailed off, not sure how to tell Naomi she was wrong without just proving she was right. "Miko, stay on guard in case the other two try to get involved. We're not going to break our word just because things have gone off the rails."

The other Spearow seemed like they were going to listen to what their leader had said, staying back and waiting to see how things played out. They were a naturally aggressive species of Pokemon though so Sydney wasn't about to take anything for granted.

Naomi didn't respond to Sydney's retort. Rather, she kept herself focused on the battle at hand. "Franky, follow up with a Scratch attack!"

Franky ran towards the Spearow, taking a swipe at the bird Pokémon with his claws. The Spearow was quick to counter, however. The Spearow's wing quickly began to shine with a metallic shimmer. The Spearow quickly slammed its wing into the Totodile's head, causing Franky to stagger back and wince in pain. Yet instead of being angry, Franky grinned happily. Clearly, he was having the time of his life in this little skirmish.

"Franky, go for another Scratch attack!" Naomi ordered. Once more, the Totodile ran towards the Spearow with his claws ready to swipe at the wild Pokémon. Just like before, the Spearow's wing began to shine with a metallic glow as she slammed her wing in Franky's direction once more. However unlike before, Franky managed to grab hold of the wing. Spearow's eyes widened in shock at this development as the wild Pokémon desperately tried to pry itself free from Franky's grasp. Naomi's confidence seemed to only grow however, as she quickly called out to Franky once more. "Now, Dragon Claw!"

Franky's claws on his left hand seemed to glow with a fierce aura as he leaned back and took a mighty swipe at the wild Spearow. The bird Pokémon let out a loud wail as Franky released his grip on its wing with the attack, sending the flying type staggering back and falling flat on its belly. The Spearow let out a weak groan of sorts as it tried to pick itself up off the ground, but could not manage to find the strength to do so. Without wasting another moment, Naomi grabbed a Poké Ball out of the bag she was carrying and launched it straight in the Spearow's direction. The ball smacked right into the downed bird, pulling it inside of the capsule-like device with a faint, red beam of light. The ball shook once... twice... and then one final time before coming to a complete stop. The Spearow had been caught!

With their leader being sucked into the Poke Ball its two cohorts panicked and quickly turned tail, flying away from the skirmish as quickly as they could. "Congratulations." Sydney said, mostly covering the bitterness she felt. "Next time you decide to aggravate a group of wild Pokemon either let me know or do it with someone else. That was incredibly dangerous - Spearow have been known to flock around a powerful Fearow and if one of those had turned up we'd have been in serious trouble."

She stalked through the grass in a huff with Miko scampering behind her, looking concerned for her Trainer. "And all that will have scared off any Pokemon even remotely close by, so I guess I'm empty handed. Oh, and don't tell me not to have a meltdown - I can handle myself fine when I actually know what's going on thank you very much!" She kicked the tree the Spearow had been roosting in, wincing afterwards. "Stupid first day. This sucks."

From a hollow in the tree a tiny Cutiefly floated out, disturbed by the noise and subsequent kick. It flew up into the air and started circling Sydney's blue highlighted hair, trying to figure out if it was some sort of odd flower. Sydney seemed to be too busy sulking to even notice.

"Look, it ain't my fault that you couldn't even move durin' all that. Besides, it was faster than stumbling around the middle of nowhere for hours like a couple of idiots..." Naomi retorted, scooping down to pick up her newly acquired Spearow. "So stop gettin' so bent out of shape... I said I'd help ya find your stupid bug, didn't I?"

As the two trainers bickered, Franky waddled his way over towards Miko. The Totodile gave a curious glance towards the Pachirisu, before babbling, "Should... should we do something to stop them...? If there are any other wild Pokémon around, they're gonna scare them off with all that yelling..."

"Couldn't move? Miko and I took one of them down actually, but you were obviously too worried about yourself to remember we were supposed to be looking out for each other. And do not, do not call my Pokemon stupid. Even if I haven't caught them yet!"

"I don't know... maybe your Trainer will just apologize?" Miko answered.

The Cutiefly settled on Sydney's head, nestling into her hair. "If you want them to be quiet, I could murder them for you," it whispered down to the other Pokemon, "Then the only noise will be when we eat their corpses. Dibs on the eyeballs."

Franky's eyes widened at the sound of the voice. He quickly glanced around, trying to find the source of the voice. "Umm... Who... Who said that...?"

Meanwhile, both trainers seemed to be completely oblivious to the fact of the Cutiefly in Sydney's hair. Naomi in particular, seemed to have no sympathy showing for Sydney's plight. "Oh... My bad. I'm sorry I insulted somethin' ya don't have."

"I did. Up here. I like the eyeballs best when they pop." The Cutiefly responded.

Miko looked around, finally spotting it. "Hey! Get off my Sydney!"

Sydney crossed her arms, staring at Naomi angrily. "Oh you're right, it would be like me insulting your good manners or ability to not be a jerk. When we're out of here I want a battle - a real one - and when I win you're going to apologise for being so awful."

"Like I really have the desire to waste my time on ya...? I mean, getting the chance to watch ya cry would be the best thing ever, but I have better things to do with my time than that." Naomi shot back.

Franky glanced up, his eyes quickly spotting something moving around in Sydney's hair as well. The Totodile wasted no time in waddling over towards the two trainers, tugging on Naomi's leg to try and get the girl's attention. Naomi glared down towards the Totodile, causing him to flinch back slightly. Still, Franky stayed still as he babbled and pointed up towards Sydney. Naomi turned her attention back to the girl in question, her eyes narrowing as she witnessed something moving around ever so slightly in her hair.

"...The hell..." Naomi muttered. "Do... Do ya actually have bugs nestin' in your hair...?"

"Oh so you're too chicken to battle me because you know I have a type advantage? Really nice, that attitude will take you far! And a... what? What are you talking about?"

Miko quickly shot forward and started climbing Sydney, reaching her head in record time and hissing at the Cutiefly. The tiny bug took off and buzzed closer to the tree again.

"Wha- what IS that!?" Sydney screamed, frantically swatting at her hair in case any others were lurking there. "Are there more!? I've never even seen one of those before!"

Naomi watched as the bug quickly buzzed out of Sydney's hair before zipping towards the tree that she had assaulted with the rocks earlier. The older of the two girls narrowed her eyes, trying her best to point out the finer points of the bug from a distance. "I... I think it's a Cutiefly... My sister used to go on about them back home."

"Well you can actually do your part now, I guess. Miko, Quick Attack before it gets away!"

Miko squeaked and jumped off of Sydney, landing on the tree before bouncing off it to slam into the Cutiefly. It veered off course, circling back around to face the two girls and started buzzing at them angrily, sending out a gust of wind carrying pink sparkles. It was a strong Fairy Wind for such a small Pokemon, almost knocking Sydney off her feet and sending Miko tumbling backwards.

"Don't let up! Iron Tail!" Sydney shouted over the wind. Miko got back to her feet and coated her tail in metal, sprinting towards the Cutiefly and performing a backflip, effectively uppercutting the tiny bug and sending it shooting into the air.

"Oh shoot, oh shoot!" Sydney scrambled through her bag, pulling out a Poke Ball of her own and squinted skyward, trying to see where it had gone. She had the hand with the Pokeball up at an angle, trying to block the sun from getting into her eyes.

"...Ahhh it's too small, I can't see where it we-"

The Cutiefly fell back down, landing directly onto the Poke Ball Sydney was holding up and activating it. She nearly dropped it as it snapped open and sucked the mite inside, snapping shut again with an audible click. She stared at it dumbfounded while it started shaking around in her hand before finally giving another definite *click* and settling down.

"That was... somethin', alright..." Naomi replied, having watched the scene playout before her. Sydney's Pachirishu had handled herself fairly well. The trainer, on the other hand. It was almost comical watching her catch the wild Cutiefly. She paused, retrieving the cigarette she had started earlier and relit it, before resuming her critique of Sydney's achievment. "I thought ya were honestly gonna choke for a minute there."

"I... I caught it!" Sydney cheered, bursting out into peals of laughter and tackling Naomi in a forceful hug. "I can't believe we did it, that was awesome!" Apparently their previous feud was either forgiven or forgotten in the excitement of the moment. "A Pokemon each, what a day!"

Naomi's body seemed to tense up from the sudden and unexpected hug, the girl losing her cigarette in the grass in the process. A fierce blush managed to quickly run its way to her cheeks, but both her body language and the sudden rush of color managed to go unnoticed by Sydney. Eventually, the older trainer managed to regain her composure just enough to awkwardly pat Sydney on the back.

"Yeah... Pretty amazin'!" she replied, her enthusiasm a bit more phoned in than her fellow trainer's.

"Listen, listen, I'm sorry about before, I don't like not knowing what's going on but I guess it all worked out! Ohhhh, a Cutiefly!" She eventually broke the hug and turned to face Miko. "And you were amazing, that flip, I knew our practice would pay off!" The squirrel preened under the attention, clearly feeling she deserved it.

"But hey, we should head back and get our new catches to the Pokemon Center, right? Then I need to hit the books and learn everything I can about Cutiefly. They're definitely not from Unova, I can tell you that much."

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan," Naomi replied, glancing down at Franky as she spoke. "I'm sure this runt probably wouldn't mind a quick pick-me-up too."

With their catches complete, the duo began to quickly make their way back towards the Pokémon academy. It had definitely been quite the interesting day so far, Naomi was sure of that much. For some reason, the girl had a feeling this was going to quickly become the standard for her here.

Spearow And Cutiefly Were Caught!

Pudding

[ alegría ]

Female
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
373 posts
2.7 Years

Pupui The Poliwag

DOROTHY ROSELAND

- To... Training? -

Now that Dorothy has a sense of where the cafeteria was, along with some cookies for snacks, she was left with where to go next. With Pupui's endless energy Dorothy might as well take a longer trip... to the nearby town?

Another option that remained in the abyss of her thoughts was battling. She's never been adept at the sport, much less confident or quick enough to react to others. Thus her father would aid her, occasionally lending her tips and advice. He would know - he has a Poliwrath. The two tadpoles shaved off their energy that way. But regardless Dorothy was still a wee bit timid. At this point in time she's sure she'd flee from a trainer battle, and it's mainly due to her lack of experience.

She had to start somewhere, and the open plains on their way to town is their best bet. In fact, why not capture a new friend? Without Poliwrath to keep Pupui on his toes, then who will?

"Pupui, do you wanna tr...," she began, exciting her poliwag, but the thought of fighting in general made her weak in the knees. "...do you want to play rough?" The term began with Mr. Roseland, a way to hype up baby Pupui into training with then Poliwhirl. It grew on to him, basically a vague term meaning anything from training to trainer battles.

And, of course, he caved in to the offer, tail wagging in anticipation.

Breathe in and out. In and out. Rarely does she train or fight with Pupui on her own. Better earlier than later, or else what was the point of coming here? "Let's start heading over to Oak Town and face some Pokémon on the way there?" a suggestion was thrown out, much to Pupui's delight.

With everything already packed they set off on to a thirty minute journey, cell in hand for use as GPS. They weren't the only ones either; many had decided beforehand to embark to Oak Town as well. Some traveled in groups while others journeyed alone. Some were already capturing their future teams, others simply training.

Dorothy wanted to travel on her own, mainly due to wanting to avoid spectators to her training or accidents. She also didn't want somebody or group to think they were being followed, or want anybody to get upset over her slow pace.

Once there was some distance between her and the further soul, whilst looking behind her of course, she started to walk. Pupui joyfully waddled near her side.

Not too long into the journey a wild Pokémon came into view - a purple rat glaring from afar. Dorothy paused at the sight, hands clutching at her bag's string from fear. This was her chance, the time to act. There was a potential opponent ready for Pupui, who had been alternating glances between Dorothy and Rattata in anticipation.

The longer she took contemplating, the harder it was to act. So drawn-out that the wild Pokémon ducked under the safety of the grass and vanished. Pupui puffed in disappointment, having already imagined the rough play.

"They're... gone... that's okay," Dorothy began, a sense of ease returning to her. "We'll find at least one more before we reach town." The thought calmed her conscious, monologuing to herself excuses other than her cowardly flaw. To Pupui's dismay Dorothy repeated this several more times, no closer than she was the first. And it was beginning to annoy him, like a tease.

Poi! he finally vocalized his annoyance after the 9th wild critter she let loose, hoping Dorothy would take a hint. But she did not. "Hm? What is it Pupui?"

Pupui scampered a few feet away. He began to imitate a wild Pokémon, thrashing and whinning. After a few moments of that display he returned. Like Dorothy, Pupui froze and let out a fake gasp, staring at where he once was.

Dorothy knelt to his height, utilizing her brainpower to understand his skit. "Um... you want to play? Over there?" she guessed incorrectly, finger pointing feet away. Pupui sighed at this, proceeding to lay down in a fetal position. "What is-"

Pupui shot straight up upon the sound of an approaching enemy. Sssssssssssseks! "Ah?!" A strong yank coming from her bag sent her straight to the ground, nearly injuring the thief. Stunned, Dorothy lifted her head to discover an Ekans was in the midst of stealing her bag.

The snake dodged Pupui's water gun, successfully snatching the bag away from the slow girl. "W-wait! Stop!" she hollered, leaping into a run. Her partner had long followed, eyes keener than Dorothy's.

A bubblebeam was shot out during pursuit, to which the snake easily dodged but grew peeved. The Ekans ceased their escape, now concentrated on the poliwag. Poli poi! Pupui glanced at Dorothy, awaiting her directions.

This was her chance to fight a wild Pokémon. "O-oh ah... Pupui use... a-ah..." She tripped over her thoughts, mind blanking out. Their opponent saw this as a window of opportunity, slithering towards Pupui.

Poliiiii!! He sidestepped the first attack, still awaiting a response from his trainer. "W-wait! Don't hurt him!" she blurted out, unable to muster out a command. She's always been told what to do, what to say, and now... She's on her own.

She didn't remember what to do.

Despite maneuvering away from the thief, the snake was more adept on land than Pupui. A tail wrapped around the water-type, rendering him useless. Before Pupui could react he let out a cry, bitten. He squirmed and thrashed, but it was futile.

"Oh my god, w-what do I d-do, what- Use Toxic!!" Dorothy thought impulsively, finally recalling what she must do. Pupui didn't hesitate, instantly releasing a stream of purple, toxic liquid right at the snake's face. They writhed in pain, allowing Pupui to scramble his way out. "Oh my-You're okay!"

Enraged, the enemy growled at the tadpole, tail now glowing a dark hue of purple. Dorothy's instincts began to kick in, worried for her companion. But instead of a command, she called out his name. He wanted to evade, but his body easily took a beating from the rapid succession of earlier hits the snake landed on him. "Ice Beam!" It was too late by then, the tail having slammed Pupui to the dirt.

Even then, as his trainer trembled with anguish, Pupui forced out a small, snowy blue sphere. The snake blinked, startled that they were still conscious.

A beam of ice shot from the sphere, sending the snake flying feet away, the bag still clutched tightly. Pupui dashed over to the snake, albeit with a limp and uneven breathing. Dorothy wanted to help and throw herself into the brawl, yet her legs had turned to stone.

Tired of the shenanigans, the thief hissed and prepared their tail for another round. Pupui did a circle around, aiming for the bag clinging on their slender body. He dodged the thief's bite, but didn't realize the poison tail came right after. It came too fast, too sudden, that all he could do was gasp and gawk as the tail decked him on the forehead.

"Pupui!" she shrieked, legs breaking out of their frozen spell. The snake made a run for it, satisfied with its victory and loot.

She fell to her knees, eyes dilated from horror as she took in the image of her unconscious Pupui. Her quivering arms slowly reached down, the memory of the previous moments replaying in her mind.

Dorothy embraced the injured comrade as closely as possible. Tears swelled, irritating her eyes upon his limp body. "I... I-I-I'm so sorry... I, -sniff- I didn't... I messed up. I m-messed up... I messed up," she mumbled in between sobs. She let her forehead gently kiss Pupui's skin, her body trembling from misery.

Soft gusts of wind tickled her spine, easing her into comfort. She remained there for what felt like minutes, undeterred. Jerk-like movements would plague her from moment to moment.

A brawl could be heard in the distance, a pair of bushes shivering in response to its proximity. Dorothy only glanced at it briefly, making sure no other creature approached them.

The sounds of light footsteps were becoming more prominent with every second, but Dorothy had long vanished into a blank mind, locking herself from the outside. They got closer. And closer. And even closer, so close that when they paused, a small cloud of dirt touched Dorothy's cheek.

The unknown entity plopped her bag in front, recognizable from the familiar sound of keys clanking. It was enough to snap Dorothy out of her state, eyes widening upon the sight of her bag.

A sniffle was all she could muster, hands not wanting to let go Pupui in exchange for the bag's safety.

Ty. The young voice had her lifting her head. She flinched at the image of her friendly hero; it was a Tyrogue.

"T-thank you... thank you," Dorothy uttered, grateful for the Pokémon's deed. Bruises littered their pastel purple skin, one of which a typical brown bandage was slapped on their left cheek. Their honey mustard pupils examined the duo, somewhat disappointed by the image.

Tyrogue walked away.

Day 1

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer

Male
Oregon
Seen May 9th, 2018
Posted March 25th, 2018
49 posts
4 Years
Lucas McMillan
Research the Volcano Pokemon (Day 1)

As Lucas neared the Academy grounds, he started heading to the Pokemon Center. Once he got there, he saw a group of three people entering the Pokemon Center. Lucas followed them and waited in line for the Nurse to take his Pokemon. Once she did, Lucas sat down in one of the chairs, thinking about that Pokemon on the volcano. The library will probably know what that was, Lucas thought, eager to learn as much about it as he could so he could defeat it. Soon enough, the Nurse called him over to retrieve his Pokemon, he thanked her, and then he left the Pokemon Center. After checking the map, Lucas started heading to the Library. After a bit, he arrived at the large stone building. Lucas walked in, the smell of books filling the air. He instantly went over to the desk to ask about the volcano Pokemon. "Hi," he said to the lady behind the counter. "Is there a list of all the Pokemon on the island, or of at least the ones in the mountains?" The lady checked a computer, then shook her head. "No, I'm sorry." she said. "Oh, OK." Lucas replied turning around. He decided to go back to his dorm and do some of his own research. Once Lucas got back to his dorm, he opened his laptop. He quickly opened the web browser and did a quick Porysearch. The browser took a bit, then came up with results. Lucas had searched "turtle pokemon at volcano", and found some sites on fossil pokemon, volcanoes and fire types, so he went to images. Volcanoes, Tirtugas, more volcanoes, and BINGO! There it was. The Pokemon. Lucas could never forget that spiky shell and that cannon-like snout. He clicked on the image to go to the website, and he finally learned its name. It was Turtonator, and it was a Fire/Dragon type. He needed to catch it. But Lucas wasn't strong enough to take it on now. He needed to train. Fighting a trainer would get my Pokemon more exp, Lucas thought as he left the dorm once more.
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.
-The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

ShaymieTheShaymin

i see stars

Age 20
Female
musical land
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted April 23rd, 2019
676 posts
7.2 Years
Shelby Hampton and Dorothy Roseland

The trip back to the Pokémon Center was an unpleasant one. She dashed and ignored everybody around her, yet didn't shove anyone aside. Instead she maneuvered around bodies, frantic to search for the center. It was there that they healed up and rested, unable to speak to Pupui without shame.

And, to her surprise, he wasn't upset. Or bothered. Or anything sad. Instead he displayed happiness. Content. Dorothy weakly smiled at Pupui whenever their eyes would meet, his body bouncing out of boredom.

She didn't want him this way. She didn't want him to be happy, or content. Truth be told it made it less awkward for Dorothy, but she felt as if he was purposely hiding his negative emotions to spare her feelings. Or so she felt.

The duo didn't stay in the center too long. Like usual, Pupui showed disdain towards the thought of being in his Pokéball despite Dorothy's feeble pleads. He wobbled beside her, at times limping but he refused to let Dorothy stop as a result while on their way back to the dorm.

"Um... so... um," Dorothy began, but to no avail. She didn't know what to say.

Shelby put the now empty candy wrapper in her sweater pocket and sighed as she wiped her fingers on the grass. She took her map from her pocket and opened it. If she wasn't going back to her dorm, there had to be something she could do. She wanted to catch a new Pokemon, but Cream wasn't really up for battling. As much as she hated it, she'd probably need Audrey's help. Her sister was the only person that could make her Pokemon stay in a battle. She didn't have the heart to yell at her.

"Cream, where do you think we should go?" Shelby looked up from the map towards her partner... or rather, at the spot where her partner used to be. She frowned at the frosty patch of grass, as if that would bring the Pokemon back. She stood up and tucked the map back into her pocket. Cream couldn't have gone that far, could she? She sighed when she saw the Vanillite going over to a girl who looked younger than her. More specifically, going to the girl's Poliwag and breathing out a puff of frosty air in greeting. Okay, so maybe this wasn't just something that happened in movies. Shelby's face grew hot as she ran over to grab Cream.

"I'm so sorry about her!" she stammered, adjusting her glasses with her free hand. She scowled down at her Pokemon, who was trying to scramble free from her arms. "She's never seen a Poliwag before and I guess she got really excited. I... Um... I hope she didn't bother you."

Way to go, Shelby. Audrey wouldn't be this awkward meeting someone new...

The encounter was just as surprising to Dorothy, who blushed at the scene. "O-oh no no no!" she held up her waving hands in protest, "she didn't b-bother me at all!" Pupui agreed, leaping to take a better look at the frozen companion. Pooooooliiiii. Unlike the previous meeting with a stranger, she felt more at ease with this one. Not because she was a girl, but because Pupui was finally present. Had he been left behind then the sight of vanillite would have set her guilt into motion. Never will she leave Pupui again.

Besides. It would be a breather after what happened.

"I-I'm also sorry for, um, having my Poliwag out. I-If I didn't then your Vanillite w-wouldn't have run off," Dorothy apologized, hands hiding behind her back, feeling at fault as well. "B-but... I think she's very cute!" Pupui whistled in agreement, continuing to hop and bound in place, admiring the new acquaintances. She giggled, "P-Pupui agrees too!" Dorothy still carried her red face, attempting to make an effort to engage in a decent conversation.

Shelby smiled shyly, thankful that the first person she met at the school wasn't a bully. She tucked a bit of hair behind her ear and let go of Cream so she could get acquainted with the Poliwag. She kept a close eye on her, making sure that she wasn't causing any trouble. Cream had a habit of getting too excited for her own good.

"Oh, um... You don't really have to apologize. Really. If anything, Cream running off helped me finally meet someone..." Shelby's blush deepened. She was making herself sound like a friendless loser! She offered her hand to the younger girl and chuckled awkwardly. "My name's Shelby. And I think your Poliwag is adorable, too!"

"O-oh, you do?" Dorothy replied with delight. It took a few seconds to notice the hand, making her let out a soft oh upon the realization. Even now her reaction time fails her. Regardless, the gesture was reciprocated with a weak grip. "T-thank you! His name is Pupui." The tadpole hopped between them in response to his name before returning to the vanillite. "A-and my name is Dorothy." Slowly her timid-riddled outer layer is being melted away, already finding herself comfortable at Shelby's presence.

Meanwhile Pupui frolicked about, enjoying the new company. The bubbles he conjured hovered around them, their iridescent surfaces soothing to Dorothy and adding to the atmosphere. "So... what were you doing before? Did I interrupt?" she asked curiously, wanting to prevent the conversation from dying. "I'm sorry if I did."

"This little lady is Cream!" Shelby grinned, looking down at the ice type. She released Dorothy's hand and let out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding. She started fixing her hair, putting it into a slightly less sloppy bun. She suddenly felt like a disgusting mess, since she hadn't even bothered to brush her hair. She'd originally planned to just take a nap when she got to the academy, but Audrey had kind of ruined that plan immediately. The smile fell from her face when she thought of her sister.

"I wasn't really doing anything. I was trying to get away from my sister, since she has this perfect little checklist of things that she wanted us to do before we even got to look around and it was kind of annoying." Shelby sighed as she finished fixing her hair. "Sorry if I'm being a bit of a downer. I hope that you never have to meet my sister. We're twins, but complete opposites."

Cream looked at the bubbles in awe and reached up to poke one of them, frowning as it popped in her face. She huffed and blew out a blast of icy breath, freezing the bubbles as they floated into the air. She smiled, seemingly satisfied with her work, and looked to the Poliwag for approval.

"Oh!" Dorothy let out, her hands now intertwined, "I like that name! It sounds cute." She herself was beginning to worry about her appearance as well, yet didn't want to appear as if she was copying Shelby. "And that's okay, I sometimes don't get along with my sisters, too. You're not a downer."

Pupui danced in glee at the ice cream's action, leading him to send out a horde of bubbles for more. "B-but I've always wanted a twin sister," Dorothy continued. "I thought having one was cool." Conversations weren't her strong suit, and her responses proved just that. In fact she's surprised she didn't bore the new girl by now. All Dorothy thought she was good at was okay support and trivial topics.

Her poliwag was having more luck than her in creating bridges, never too afraid to make a fool of himself. He would hop from foot to foot in a ditzy swing. At some points he was caught doing pirouettes to amuse his audience of one. Every so often he'd turn to glance at Dorothy, as if to show off his new pal.

"I have a lot of siblings, but luckily they're not as uptight as Audrey." Shelby put her hands in her pockets and rocked on her heels. She knew she would probably have to apologize to her sister later for walking out like that. Audrey had a way of spinning things around to make herself look like the victim, and the last thing she wanted to deal with was her sister placing a distressed phone call to their mother on the first day of school. She blinked as a frozen bubble floated into her face and smiled.

"It seems like our Pokemon are getting along alright, Dory," she said happily. She laughed as Cream started to dance around in the bubbles. She briefly wondered if the other girl would mind the nickname. Maybe she should have asked before just throwing it out there. Hopefully Dorothy was okay with it...

And she was.

Dory. It was a nickname used by... Not many actually. Dotti is what she normally goes by, but then again she never tells anybody that. Perhaps it's due to it being reserved for her parent's usage.

"Yeah! They are. And I'm happy about that too! Pupui loves making-" Pooooooli! "-new friends. I thought maybe he could make some new friends here." And she really is glad. Jealous? Perhaps. If only she could have Pupui's charisma and self-confidence, then friends wouldn't be such a rarity for Dorothy.

"That's why I think I need to catch new Pokémon, so that Pupui isn't... lonely. All of the time. I can be boring, hehehe," Dorothy awkwardly admits, cheeks flustered.

"Cream likes making friends, but she gets too... excited. She scares away most Pokemon." Shelby laughed to herself, remembering the times back in Nacrene when Cream would try to make a friend, only to cause the other trainer to return their Pokemon to its Pokeball and run off. She was pretty sure that Audrey's Rufflet barely tolerated her.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't think you're boring. And I think Cream likes you. Right, Cream?" The ice cream stopped blowing cold air long enough to nod and smile. Shelby smiled down at her and looked towards Dorothy. She hadn't even been at the academy for a day and she had already made a friend! It wasn't such a bad idea to leave her room after all.

Pupui glanced at Dorothy with a quick grin before returning to his shenanigans, seemingly carrying unlimited energy. "We'll that's okay! Because Pupui has so much energy that he won't mind." In fact, she's beginning to question where it all came from. Not too long ago he was beaten down to his limits, and here he is now boasting himself. Perhaps it was to take his mind off of it? Or is he just like that?

Dorothy loved the company, having nearly forgotten where she was originally heading if it weren't for a sudden cough Pupui did. Afraid of making a scene, as well as her comrade's well-being, she began to feel indecisive. Hence her slow realization at the last comment Shelby did, making her reply rather rapidly. "Oh no no no, don't s-say that... But I'm glad I'm not boring to you." She grinned. "T-thank you for your time, I really liked getting to meet you..." Oh, she never liked goodbyes, especially when she's the first to leave. But Pupui isn't as healthy as he demonstrates. "I r-really hope everything goes well... And that your day goes good... And that nothing bad happens," she expressed, getting nervous once more. She didn't want to look like a fool either, spouting random nonsense at them.

"I hope you have a good day too, Dory," Shelby smiled, kneeling down to pick up Cream. The Vanillite pouted and waved goodbye to her new friend. Shelby waved to Dorothy and started to walk off, unsure of where she wanted to go. She definitely wasn't ready to deal with her sister yet. Audrey was a total perfectionist when it came to getting things organized and hated being bothered while she was working. Maybe she would just walk around and get to know the island a bit better. The last thing she'd want is to get lost when the time for classes rolled around.
now that's a party!

it's a revenge party with your two
best friends~
Pairs♥amerininja and TheZenTraveler

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit

Age 23
Male
Ambrette Town, Kalos
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted June 7th, 2019

Desmond Allen

Aftermath of Events

Desmond watched intently as the battle progressed. That Roselia was quite the capable battler even if it did have an unorthodox way of battling. Desmond wondered if that was the best way for the grass type to battle. The Pokemon definitely seemed comfortable in its style though. It made him wonder if his own Pokemon would do better with a more unique style.

The battle finally ended with the Roselia coming out on top, proving too much for the little Swinub. That Swinub gave a good effort though, just needed some more practice. Desmond had to admit he was impressed by both sides. He was of course a capable battler but it was going to take much more work and effort if he was going to be able to be the best at the Academy. Those two proved just that.

With the battle over and his Pokemon healed up, Desmond figured it was time to find some food. Before the cafeteria though, he was going to have to find some Sitrus berries. He thought he saw a Sitrus berry tree or two on his way back from the forest so he made his way back there. It didn't take long thankfully and Desmond was able to get to the cafeteria soon after.

Walking in, he stopped at the food line and handed over the sitrus berries to be cooked to one of the cooks. Afterwards he grabbed some burgers and soup for himself and the rest of his team and found a table towards the back where there'd be enough room. Sitting down, he called out Leo and Ares who sat next each other and seemed pretty friendly already. Guess the two must've formed a bond after their battle.

Leo's sandwiches were brought out shortly and the four of them began enjoying their meal. Even though his day had started out so poorly, Desmond had to admit it was beginning to turn around already. He got some training in, caught a new Pokemon and watched some battling. Not to mention the food was amazing, better than anything his reform school had made. It was like eating bricks and dirt at that place. Most importantly though, he hadn't thought about Daro for hours. Feeling reinvigorated, Desmond was determined to not just stand idly by and let Daro disappear from his life again. Things would be different next time they saw each other.

Megaman765

Age 26
Male
A house
Seen June 20th, 2019
Posted May 3rd, 2019
2,688 posts
10.1 Years
Ivrant, Rylie, and Rosa: Inside the Pokemon Center

While Rylie’s Swinub was being tended to, Rosa decided to take the time to talk to Ivrant about his Roselia, although...she had no idea how to dive into a conversation about the grass type without sounding just incredibly unnatural. “Outside, you said your Roselia doesn’t fight like most of them. Have you spent time with lots of Roselia?” Alright, that’s...a start.

Ivrant had turned in his Rosellia in to heal up as well. Once Rosa spoke up, he sat down nearby and looked up at her. "Oh heheh... uh, not exactly. I actually caught Dynamo here while trying out some Pokeballs my dad made at the factory. I figured it'd be a good chance to catch my first Pokemon. My mom helped me out of course. Can't go in the wild without a Pokemon after all!" Ivrant explained. "I made sure she got plenty of sun back home though. He's usually out of his ball and helping me out back home or with other school work. Before I came here anyways."

“Sounds like you two are really close.” That’s always so nice to see. She hadn’t met a lot of trainers before today, every now and then she would see a trainer stomping towards the center, frustrated after being defeated by Whitney...somehow she doubted those trainers were very affectionate towards their Poke-partners.

“Before I left Goldenrod, my cousin told me she wanted me to catch a Roselia-- but they’re not native to Johto. So...Dynamo’s the first one I’ve seen up close.” Good segway, Rosa, top notch.

"Johto huh? I haven't been down there but I'd assume my dads taken a few trips around the world. I know they've taken a few trips to Silph Co. In Kanto so thats as much as I know. I caught a Marill earlier actually! Those are native to Johto right? So I guess that kinda counts for something." Ivrant laughed. "Me and Dynamo have been together for awhile but we didn't get into battling until recently. Dynamo just suddenly became super determined to become a better battler and started to fight way differently then what I'd expect it to. So since then I'd take it out and practice whenever I could. Heheh. You'd be surprised how often I got teased for having a Rosellia and uh... that'd usually lead to Dynamo getting super fiesty toward them. Needless to say, the battles started themselves."

“Mhm! Maril’s great. There were a bunch of them in the lake close to my house back home. Autumn and I used to go out and play with them.” Upon hearing her name, the Espeon peers out from under the center’s sofa, where she was hiding. “Most of them are pretty laid back, unless you get near their nests...then they bring out the belly drum and...yeah, don’t do that. I saw it happen once...not pretty.” Phew, it’s so much nicer talking about something she knows. This is getting her nowhere near closer to finding a Roselia, but making a friend is good too.

“Teased…? Oh, because it’s made of flowers?” Rosa sighs. “People can be so...ugh. I bet Dynamo showed them a thing or two for that one.”

"Belly Drum?" Ivrant actually wondered if his Marill knew a move like that... it must have been threatening if it really wasn't that pretty. "Mine kept rushing toward Dynamo with a super fast rush of water. It moved super quickly even after we Paralized it. I didn't notice it use anything like Belly Drum though... I'll have to see if it has something like that." Ivrant pondered for a moment and looked down at the Espeon. He gave it a small welcoming grin. "Yeah... some people can be a pain. At the same time its kinda what drives me to train up. To take down stuck up jerks like that. Dynamo would always step in if any bullies back at school were picking on younger kids that were just fresh out of the Pokemon Lab with their Pokemon. He was kinda like the school hero in a way. Haha. I figure he gets it from the movies I watch back at home whenever I'm tinkering with spare Pokeballs my dad rings home."

“Super fast water? It was probably Aqua Jet. It’s like...water type Quick Attack. It’s pretty hard to slow down.”

Upon seeing the welcoming smile, Autumn slowly inches out of her hiding place to give a proper greeting. She swishes her tail in welcome as the jewel atop her head glistens, before hopping into Rosa’s lap.

“Really? Wow...what a cool Pokemon.” Rosa beams at the idea of the schoolyard hero. She...really could have used a Pokemon hero like that back on the schoolyard. After she ‘turned off’ a lot of kids had a field day shoving her around. “I hope he keeps up his heroics around here.”

"I sure hope so too but he did get pretty carried away back home. Usually whenever he was finished "saving" someone, he would use his vines to leave a mark. I have no idea how he learned to do it but he would carve out a large capital D on their clothes. Usually on their butt to make it extra humiliating." Ivrant laughed. "The teachers weren't very pleased by it needless to say and I got plenty of parents upset. Their fault for being such big bullies though!"

Rylie, finally managing to get through the line of students, rejoined the group once again. Stowing Hakan’s ball safely in her jacket pocket she claimed a spot next to Rosa. “Jeez, that’s not a fun line to wait though. Hopefully it’ll die down after the first day...” She said with a bit of a sigh, looking over at the other two. “So, what did I miss while waiting?”

"Heheh, not much! Just talking about Dynamo and past school life mostly." Ivrant said. Afterwards, Ivrant explained a rough summary of what he just told Rosa just so Rylie could get caught up with the conversation.

"I guess everyone's excited to get out there and show their stuff." Rosa thinks aloud as she watches more people join the line. As much as she wants to take part in a battle of her own, or catch another Pokemon, the sight of that line's a pretty big ambition killer.

"I'm looking forward to getting mixed into some more battles. I'm sure Dynamo is too. I definately gotta get Buster out there next time..." He realized that he was just instinctiely calling his Marill that now. "Buster... heheh. Not a bad nickname for him I'd say. Wonder if that Arwyn guy would wanna battle later... our two Pokemon got into a heck of a scuffle earlier."

“Arwyn…?” How many Arwyn’s could there be at this school? “That’s a battle I’d like to see.” Rosa smiles as she speaks, taking a Friend Ball from her belt and setting it in her lap beside Espeon. “Arwyn’s pretty cool. He helped me catch a Sneasel in the caves.”

"Oh yeah?" Ivrant got a little curious now... maybe maybe this would be a good chance to have a 2 on 2 battle... assuming anyways. "Heheh, any chance he caught a new Pokemon himself? Maybe we can get one going after everyone is all healed up."

“Mhm, he did.” Rosa nods. Should she tell Ivrant what the new Pokemon was? It might not be fair; unless she then rushes to Arwyn and tells him what Pokemon Ivrant has. “Once they give Dynamo back, I’ll help you track him down.”

Mission failed! Looks like his other Pokemon would be a secret! Can't say he didn' try! "I gave him my number after are little scuffle but I don't think I got his. Expected him to throw me a message honestly heheh. I should uh, probly be more careful being so open. I think I've given my number to three other people too." Ivrant laughed. He couldn't help being such a social butterfly. "Possibly four if this keeps up huh?"

“I have his number.” Rosa absentmindedly gestures to her Pokegear. “I...could call him.” Actually, that sounds kind of strange. Calling to arrange a battle for someone else? Makes her sound a little bit like his secretary. “Er...maybe we should just wait on him.” Yeah, that sounds less creepy.

"True. If he was with you then chances are he'd drop by the Pokemon Center sooner or later right?" Ivrant smiled, leaning back a bit on the chair. Though that comfort wouldnt last long as he was suddenly called on up to fetch Dynamo. "Ah, there we are!" Ivrant hopped off of his seat and rushed on up to grab the ball and let Dynamo out beside him. "Feeling better Dynamo?" Ivrant asked. The Rosellia gave off a confident smirk and nodded up to him as they walked back to their sea.

“Welcome back.” Rosa waves to the rose Pokemon with a joyful smile. So this is what Roselia looked like up close, in real life. Is sort of has a regal air about it-- at least this one did. Maybe that’s just Dynamo. “Feeling all rested up?”

Dynamo grinned up to the trainer and gave off a rather formal bow to her and also greeted the Espeon nearby. "Heheh, Guess that'd be a yes!" Ivrant said.

Autumn’s ears twitch with curiosity as she studies the grass type. Slowly her tail unwraps from her body and she offers a small wave with it, she then returns the gesture by bowing her head.

“I can’t wait to see you in action again.” Rosa goes on. “That rapier technique is fantastic.” She has to wonder how she and Autumn would fare against it, although she feels Autumn needs more time to acclimate to her surroundings before she takes part in battles against friends-- she’s pretty shy as is.

"Alright, if you're planning on getting into another battle I think I'm going to head out myself. I'm gonna go to the library and do a bit of research into this thing." She said, holding out the same snowflake printed stone. "I'll be sure to message you if I find anything out, cya!" See said, heading for the exit of the center. "Oh, and feel free to snag my number from ivrant Rosa"

Ivrant was already on it! He pulled out his Pokegear and displayed the number so Rosa could write it down. And oh so conveiently displaying his own number as well. "Might as well at this point right? Good look over there Rylie! Give me a shout if you need a hand!"

“Good luck out there!” Rosa waves enthusiastically as Rylie heads off. Another phone number for her Pokegear-- oh, make that two. She’s been at the school roughly three hours and already has more people she can, at the very least, call friendly, if not friends, than she ever did back home. Pokemon just bring people together, it seems.

Rosa picks up her Pokegear and inputs the two numbers, offering hers to Ivrant as well. “Will you give her my number too, please?”

"Course!" Ivrant said, already texting the number to Ryliie as it was displayed. Rylie could surely do the rest while she was busy. "Anndd there we go! That makes us friends!" He said, giving a playful pat on her shoulder. "Already looking good in the academy." Ivrant said. Dynamo even seemed to hop up in agreement.

“I never knew it was so easy.” Rosa says in a joking tone (despite meaning every word). As Dynamo hops, the blue haired girl can’t help but giggle in delight; something about those little legs springing up and down was just...a sight to see. Autumn, seeming to catch on to the happiness those around her are feeling, hops down from Rosa’s lap and does a few tiny jumps by Dynamo’s side.
“Well look at you, miss social.” Rosa praises her (usually) shy Pokemon.

Dynamo smiled happily at Autumn after seeing her come down to join him. "Heheh... well now that we're all up and ready, might be a good chance to head out and see if we can get that battle hooked up. Or at the least, see what Buster can do before I blindly go into battle not knowing what moves it can pull off!"

“Mhm, and find out if he knows Belly Drum.” Combine that move with Riley’s berry-chomping strategy and you’ve got a pretty unstoppable mouse aqua-jetting its way across the battlefield. This will be a great battle.

...Who is she supposed to cheer for in this situation? You know what? Both. Both is good.

Pudding

[ alegría ]

Female
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
373 posts
2.7 Years

Pupui The Poliwag

DOROTHY ROSELAND

- Dorm -

Dorothy figured that the library could be a quick stop with comfortable seats to ponder in. That and the dorm is a few minutes trip. Were her energy as boundless as Pupui's then she'd wing it.

As to be expected, the library held less activity than the cafeteria. Groups would linger outside of its doors and socialize, but not to the blaring levels of the cafeteria doors.

Her hands dug through the bag for Pupui's pokeball, much to his dismay. "I'm sorry... but this is a library. Do you remember what we do in libraries?" Dorothy responded to his whine. To Pupui it looked nothing like the library he's used to, prompting him to shake his head. "Pupui, please," she pleads, kneeling down. "I promise you'll come out right after... okay?"

He hesitated, but an eventual response was given. It was a scoff and turn of the head.

She sighed in defeat. Normally her father was there to help her, to push her. In reality she firmly believed that by Pupui seeing that Mr. Roseland demand Dorothy to return him to his pokéball, then she wasn't the culprit.

Mr. Roseland is not here right now, nor will he be holding her hand for the rest of her life either. Unfortunately Dorothy was far too lenient, and that's why she never insisted Pupui to return. Instead they began to head over to their dorms.

There they settled down, the door locked for safety. Pupui plopped himself right on his tiny bed whereas Dorothy was engulfed by the pile of plush dolls in the corner of her room. It was her leisure spot, but she had no time for such.

Her mind kept rewinding her failures as a trainer. Over and over Dorothy mentally pointed out where she might have acted different, maybe then the following events would consist of them prevailing.

Cowardly. Slow. Stupid. Irresponsible. The self-inflicted insults kept coming, misty-eyes staring at the blue rope lights above. They hung like one large chandelier, caking the room with light blue.

Dorothy rummaged through her bag, aiming to eat a quick snack to to drown her sorrows. Hopefully one cookie would suffice.

The note with Ivrants contact information conveniently tumbled out of its hiding during the search. At first Dorothy paid no mind to it, not seeing this as the right time to talk to someone. Then again...

She found the cookies, heart somewhat uplifted and, furthermore, convinced herself to text. Might it be too soon? Might he think she's weird for texting during the same day? Will she say something stupid?

First the number was added to her contacts to avoid future confusion. Then she got to texting.

Or tried to. Butterflies formed in her stomach, fingers becoming rigid on the digital keyboard. "O-oh, what if I mess up? I don't want to... I don't want him to think I'm-"

Ding. Something sent. "W-what? Wait, no!" Panic ensued, worsening upon seeing what she had accidentally messaged:

Jjjjdsjsndkdsjsjjjjjjjjjjjjj.

"Oh no... oh nononono." So engrossed into her worries that she had been pressing on the digital keyboard without noticing. "I gotta send something now... I gotta... eek," Dorothy whined, letting out a small cry of dread.

Hai hello mister please please ignore the last text please it was an accident i promise

It was sent out of trepidation without revisions or double checking. The cell was gently, yet with trembling hands, set down on the floor. Fear outweighed curiosity, making her too fearful to read. Despite this she kept staring at her device, a small piece of her hoping for some sort of response.

But she was okay without one too.

Day 1

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal

Age 27
Female
Where the maple trees grow
Seen February 16th, 2018
Posted February 16th, 2018
260 posts
2.2 Years
- Aoife Breen -
Crashes into hello!
@ Dallas

Aoife made sure to check her black satchel, making sure it was packed with everything she figured would be needed. Poké balls, berries, even neon orange markers, were all placed neatly in their own sections. And, of course, the redhead had her handy-dandy map. It wasn’t detailed or anything, not enough to navigate the woods, but it was good to have anyway.

What she didn’t spot was her collapsible knee-brace, although the girl knew it was there, in the hidden pocket at the bottom of the bag. It wasn’t something she wanted others seeing, and despite not wanting to lug it around, Aoife understood it was important she have it. A quick sigh later, the redhead zipped her satchel up, lowered the front flap, and grabbed her map.

“Alright, so…” Aoife started, mumbling some kind of plan to herself, with Mona following a pace behind her.

“Esp!” the some cat cried, but the redhead didn’t respond in time and ended up bumping into another student. She’d been too engrossed in the map and her thoughts that Aoife didn’t see the boy until it was too late. Like, crashed into hello too late…

He had dark hair and honey-coloured eyes, which were unlike any Aoife had seen. Instead of staring, however, she quickly turned to the side, her face suddenly feeling very warm.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to…” she managed, turning back to face him with a sheepish grin. Mona, on the other hand, found herself behind her trainer, quietly observing the situation…

Paired with my BF, CountDVB

Megaman765

Age 26
Male
A house
Seen June 20th, 2019
Posted May 3rd, 2019
2,688 posts
10.1 Years
Ivrant: On the way outside

As Ivrant was walking outside with Rosa, Ivrant felt his Pokegear Vibrate. He quickly pulled it out and saw he had two messages. At first he thought it was some spam message but the second message quickly convinced him that it was that one girl from when he left his Dorm. Dorothy. "Oh She's precious..." Ivrant mutteed to himself with a small chuckle as he quickly formed up a response. It had to be Dorthy. It just matched how she was when they first met after all! Must have still been nervous about the first day. Ivrant was alot happier he was such a social butterfly suddenly

"Hey Dorothy :) First day going well? Going to be training in front of the Pokemon Center if you want to drop by. Hoping to battle a friend soon." Ivrant replied before sending the text. Ivrant had a feeling she was going to be way too adorable for his health to handle.

Age 30
Seen June 11th, 2019
Posted May 14th, 2019
422 posts
6.5 Years
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

Sydney was far too excited about her capture to worry about the small disagreement she and Naomi had had with each other although on the way back she tried to make sure she didn’t let her enthusiasm show too much – it seemed like Naomi was a bit of a grump overall. But that was okay, the world needed all sorts of people, right? After the two parted ways Sydney made sure to head to the Pokémon Centre to get her Pokémon checked out. Pokémon – plural! Miko was mostly unscathed after their little adventure but Cutiefly needed checking over. It was a long line to actually get seen with everyone taking advantage of the free day to do some catching of their own, not to mention the constant battling taking place almost everywhere she looked. That was something she would have to get in on if she could… she thought she’d handled herself pretty well against the wild Spearow, and Cutiefly of course, but an actual battle against another Trainer was a different thing entirely.

Nurse Joy gave Cutiefly the full “new catch” check-up though and was able to give Sydney some basic information but she already knew she was going straight to the library to learn as much as she could. Her father had raised her with a strong respect for the power that knowledge granted and since she knew next to nothing about Cutiefly that meant she was effectively powerless – not something she could let slide if she wanted to become a top class battler. Once she had the tiny creatures Poke Ball back she wove her way through the crowds, resisting the urge to stop and watch the battles going on, heading for the library to do some serious studying. Along the way she fired a message off to her dad to see if he could tell her anything particularly useful, as a Pokémon Researcher he had to know something she could use in the short term while she took care of her own long term studies. Suicune Dorm was the place for the people who could battle and who knew their Caterpie from their Wurmple after all so she couldn’t settle for anything less than being the best.

With Cutiefly on her side she not only had a Bug type now, but a Fairy type too, according to what Nurse Joy had told her. It made sense with how adorable it was that it would have the Fairy typing in there but she wasn’t as familiar with that type as she was with Bug, so that would be a whole field of study all by itself. She was also going to have to think up a name for the critter… something suitably sweet! That would help make people underestimate it, along with its tiny size. It probably didn’t pack too much of a punch so she was going to have to get inventive in battle. Although that wasn’t too different from how she was going to have to work with Miko, Pachirisu wasn’t exactly a powerhouse Pokémon. She continued to muse to herself as she entered the library, sitting down at one of the computer terminals and searching the database for whatever information she could drag up. Going by what Nurse Joy had said Cutiefly were indigenous to the Alola region so there probably wouldn’t be a lot of hard copy books about it here, although she’d have to check out some textbooks about Fairy Pokémon. For once Miko was safely ensconced inside her own Poke Ball meaning Sydney could study in peace for a change. At least she hoped so.

Megaman765

Age 26
Male
A house
Seen June 20th, 2019
Posted May 3rd, 2019
2,688 posts
10.1 Years
Ivrant VS Arwyn (With Rosa and Lucas commentating)

After Ivrant finished his text he gave a off a nice long stretch. He was glad to at least be getting a head start in battling but he had to make sure not to go too overboard. Despite Dynamo's bravado, he could only handle so many Pokemon Center trips. He had a whole island to explore after all! And plenty more friends to meet surely. Right now he at least should get Buster a bit of training so he isn't sitting in his ball for too long.

After training Klink and Scraggy, Arwyn noticed his Pokémon, both tired. ''I guess I should take them to a Pokémon center.'' With that, he headed for the Pokémon center. He knew Rosa was there too, maybe he will see her again? It was just a short walk to the Pokémon center, and he was surprised to find both Rosa and Ivrant there.

As if fate had brought all the pieces together, Arwyn was right on his way to the Pokemon Center as well! Just on time too. He quickly waved him on over. "Hey! Arwyn right?" Ivrant called out, just making sure he still had the name right. "Heard you've been busy. You still up for a battle? I got a bit of training off with Dynamo after that last scuffle and got a new Pokemon myself. Wouldn't mind putting that to the test if you are."

"We meet again." Rosa offers a polite wave as she sees Arwyn walking in. It's only been an hour or so since they parted ways, but it's still nice to see a familiar face in this unfamiliar setting.

''Oh.. hey! Ivrant right? And good to see you again Rosa. A battle? Sure, but I need to heal my Pokémon first. Is that alright with you?'' He didn't expect to get into his first battle like this, being challenged like this, but it should surely be a good experience for Arwyn's team, right?

"Heh. Sure we'll wait outside. I just finished healing my Pokemon so take your time to prep up. We'll be right o the battlefield in front of the center so I'll be sure to meet ya there." Ivrant said. Dyanmo was right by Ivrant's feet and looked up at Arwyn with a confident grin. He was eager to battle as ever!

Running into the Pokémon center, Arwyn felt really excited all of a sudden. A battle huh? He couldn't say no. ''Hello, could you heal my Pokémon, please?'' He said to the nurse. He took a look around the Pokémon center. It looks so modern. Quite different than the one from Undella Town, which looks kind of old. After that, he went outside, and talked to Ivrant. ''I am ready for our battle.''

"Good luck to both of you! We'll be watching, right, Autumn?" Rosa gestures to her Espeon, who gives a polite nod. Rosa's as excited as ever to see a Pokemon battle, and it's always nice to see her so perky.

As Lucas left the dorm building, he saw two trainers going onto one of the battlefields. A battle could be fun to watch. I'll at least get an idea of what they're capable of, Lucas thought as he walked over to the battlefield.

After getting properly prepared, Ivrant stood on his side of the battlefield and faced down Arwyn. He already had one victory so far! Time to see if he could get a win streak going! This would be a perfect chance to see what his new Pokemon could pull off as well. "Alright Buster, first battle for you! Lets go!" Ivrant called out as he let out his newly caught Mariill.

A beachball mouse Pokémon came out. Arwyn believed this was a Marill. A water and fairy type. ''Interesting. So you caught a Marill? Then I will use my new Pokémon as well! Klink, this is your time to shine!'' He threw the pokéball with force, and out came the gear Pokémon. His gears were running, which means he was ready to battle.

"Marill versus Klink. This should be good." Rosa beams as she takes her seat on a grassy patch near the battle squares, Autumn sitting at her side. "Oh, why don't you come out too? This should be fun." Rosa murmurs as she calls forth her new Sneasel. She should really spend some time with this one before she pins a name on him, and it's far too nice a day to keep someone cooped up in their ball.

"Alright Buster! Us-" The Marill already seemed ready to rush into battle as it didn't hesitate to use Aqua Jet and ram into the Klink as soon as it came out. "Uh- ok then! Aqua Jet it is!" He had a feeling Buster was more of a attack first ask questions later sort of Pokemon! To be fair, Ivrant was going to start with that anyways!

"Did...Ivrant ever look up what moves Marill knows?" Rosa whispers, to which Autumn gave a look of confusion. Did he? She didn't see, but maybe?

The aqua jet hit Klink in the face immediately as it came out. ''Not bad at all. Klink, use Charge! Get your gears going!'' The gears began running faster and sparks were seen coming off Klink. ''NOW we're ready.'' Arwyn had confidence that they could defeat this Marill, as long as Klink was charged up, which practically makes it ready for battle in this state. Klink's facial expressions didn't change, but you could tell it was fired up and ready for battle.

That electricity looked concerning to Ivrant. But he started to think about what Rosa was mentioning before with Belly Drum. He had no idea what it did but it was a threatening move right? He decided to take a shot in the wind to see if his Marill knew the move. "Alright Buster" Ivrant flinched a bit, hoping that Buster wouldn't charge in again. "...Belly Drum!" Ivrant called out. Luckily for him, Buster seemed to respond! He seemed to roughly pound at his own belly several times. Okay... he hurt himself? That didn't seem to be too efficient but he could feel a threatening force emitting from Buster all of a sudden... That marill still seemed happy as every despite the threatening feeling Ivrant couldn't shake off.

Belly drum?! What is that move. Whatever it was, it seemed dangerous. Arwyn wasn't going to let that stand though! Klink was charged up, this should work! ''Klink, use Vice grip!'' At high speed, Klink came at the Marill and slammed him his loaded-up gears. It seemed to hurt Marill, but Arwyn was concerned over what the Marill was going to do.

Buster ended up getting slammed up by those charged up gears and funny enough, Buster was already looking super exhausted... the battle hadn't even lasted that long! Still, he had to see what was going to happen next. "alright Buster, one more time, Aqua Jet!" Ivrant callled out. This time it seemed different. Like some intense force was forming around the Marill. As soon as that stream of water appeared and pushed the Maril forward the mere motion gave off an extreme intensity. Whatever was getting hit by this next attack was going to feel it for the rest of the day! And Buster just had that wide grin on his face as he charged forward to his opponent.

"It worked!" Rosa whispered excitedly. While she still refused to pick sides, it was nice to see the strategy she suggested for Marill paid off-- except that he didn't get the chance to put a berry, on Buster, so the little guy banged himself up a bit too... still, it's working!

The Marill came against Klink with an incredible force, that he has never seen before. Klink couldn't even dodge that if he tried. Klink was hit with the great force. When the smoke cleared up that was caused by Marill's attack, Klink was on the ground, fainted. Klink's gears stopped turning, and it looked quite agitated, ''K-k-klink!!'' Arwyn ran to Klink. ''You did a good job out there, i'm proud of you.'' Arwyn returned Klink to his Pokéball. ''W-what was that?!''

"H-holy crap!" Ivrant stated out in surprise. He felt that hit too! Buster himself seemed to be knocked out from the initial hit as well. Whatever Belly Drum did, really put Buster down for the count. Maybe this is what Rosa was talking about when using that berry strategy. If Belly drum hurt Buster as much as it did, having a way to heal up would be smart for next time. He didn't expect something so powerful though! Buster still had that wide goofy smile of his even as he fell down. Even though he got knocked out, Buster seemed to be very pleased to have broke something with its sheer force. He definitely had a beserker mentality. Ivrant returned Buster back into his ball. "I uh... should probly look into those moves next time. It must have been from Belly Drum. Geez that really is scary!" Ivrant chuckled bashfully. He had to really research his Pokemon more before he went off and sent one out to the field like that. Especially with a Pokemon like Buster. He was afraid he'd charge into the first thing it saw next time it got out and about.

''I-it.. really is..but we still have one more Pokémon left. Go, Scraggy!'' Scraggy came out of it's Pokéball, looking ready for battle as well. He must know who he's up against. ''This will be.. rough. These two don't seem to like each other very much.'' Arwyn himself was excited for this battle too, though. He was excited to let Ivrant see how strong his partner was.

"Alright lets go Dynamo!" Ivrant called out, throwing out his ball and of course giving off that same unique effect from his Pokeball as red petals emerged and surrounded Dynamo before finally fading and revealing the Rosellia. He quickly caught note of his Opponent and stared him down. The wrongdoer from before... Dynamo didn't hesitate to change into its fencer stance to finally show this Scraggy what for! "Dynamo is my start player. Hope your ready Arwyn!" Ivrant called out confidently.

Dynamo seemed ready to go. Not a problem. Scraggy seemed more than ready as well. ''It looks like we'll have the first move. Scraggy, use feint attack!'' Scraggy neared Dynamo disarmingly, then when it was behind it, left a surprise attack on it, hitting it in the back. ''Good job, Scraggy! You pulled that off perfectly!''

Such dirty form... Dynamo wasn't pleased with such a sneaky attack but it did manage to catch him off guard. He wasn't about to let something like that strike him directly again though. "...Ruffian, did no one teach you proper form?" Dynamo said to the Scraggy. Ivrant quickly called out the next move.

"Power Whip!" Ivrant shouted. The Rosellia smirked and swiftly stepped forward and swiped at the Scraggy with an extended sharp vine several times.

''Eh hehe, I ain't scared of y'all. Keep them vines to yerself!'' Scraggy said in a cheeky tone. ''I'll show ya i'm not a person to be messin' with! I'll keep ya entertained with some of them tricks I have!'' Scraggy seemed even more fired up than before. Arwyn called up Scraggy's next move. ''Scraggy, use Feint Attack again!'' Scraggy walked up to Roselia, pointed to the air in the other direction. ''Look out! That's one of them dangerous Pokémon!'' Dynamo looked up, but saw nothing. That's when Scraggy attacked. Dynamo fell back, but something didn't seem right. Scraggy suddenly seemed.. sick? Scraggy was poisoned by Dymano's poison point!

Things were going so well in Scraggy's favor, and then suddenly...he looked kind of ill. Did Dynamo use a Poison Powder without being told? No, that would have been easy to spot. It...must have the Poison Point ability, like Nidoran, maybe? "That's a super useful ability..." She murmurs to herself, while also making a mental note not to go against Roselia with any physical moves.

Dynamo smirked confidently. It seemed that even he wasn't above relying to sneaky little tricks such as that. Dynamo's vine retracted and hopped backwards. Time to take a more long ranged approach. Ivrant himself seemed to have the same idea. "Alright lets get on the defensive while he's poisoned Dynamo. Sludge Bomb!" He called out. Dynamo flung its arms forward and released a large sludge ball aimed straight for Scraggy.

''Scraggy, this is not the end! Do something!'' Scraggy seemed to not move at all, suddenly though... a white skin seemed to come off Scraggy. This must be shed skin! However, a Sludge Bomb was still heading for Scraggy. When Scraggy was done shedding it's skin, it met face-to-face with a ball of disgusting sludge. It hit Scraggy right in the face, knocking him down.

Lucas cringed as the Scraggy got hit in the face with a Sludge Bomb. He had been watching the battle intently, analyzing each person's style, Pokemon, and the Pokemons' moves. both of the trainers were confident in their ability to win, making for an intense battle. Lucas could not tell who was going to win, for both had good, strong Pokemon.

"Alright Dynamo, get back in there!" Ivrant shouted out. Dynamo continued to show off his flair, flinging a sharp vine beside the scraggy and using the leverage to pull himself closer to him. Once the vine retracted, he used his right arm's vine to once again swipe at the Scraggy with Power Whip once again!

With a huge whip coming at Scraggy, and him lying on the ground, Arwyn didn't feel good about this. ''Scraggy, Nooooo!!!!'' The vine hit Scraggy perfectly in the face. ''Y-you... yer a scum....'' mustered Scraggy before falling backwards. Scraggy lost.... Scraggy could feel his rage piling up inside it's body, but he was too hurt to do anything about it.... Dynamo smirked at his fallen opponent and held its vine down to the defeated opponent triumphantly. ''Scraggy! ....you did your best. I am very proud of you. With Scraggy in his arms, he just sat there. Scraggy kept looking at the Roselia, who kept smirking at him. ''I'll get ye someday, Dynamo. Do not think this is the last y'all seen of me.''
Dynamo proudly cheered in victory, using his vine to carve out a large capital D where the Scraggy was left fainted. A bit over the top and even corny yet, that was just how Dynamo was. Could have been worse. He could have went for overkill and left it on the Scraggy. Luckily he returned to his ball before Dynamo could even think about it. "Hardly worth the trouble" Dynamo thought to himself.

"Phew... good battle there Dynamo. Both of you." Ivrant said. Dynamo also seemed to be looking right up at Dynamo quite confidently also as he gave a formal bow to his opponents before Ivrant returned him to his ball.

Lucas got up as the battle came to a close. They both fought well, Lucas thought as he walked away.

''........Thanks..''Arwyn stood up, and shook Ivrant's hand. ''That was a good battle. Poison Point really decided the match there.'' Arwyn was sad inside, but also felt.. happiness? Is this what being a trainer is really like? This is the first type of happiness Arwyn has felt in... years.

"Yeah it really did. Honestly if that didn't work I'd have opted for Stun Spore myself. Dynamo is pretty frail physically, but he's got some good ways to protect himself. I'm surprised how effective he is in close quarters. He watches a lot of movies with me whenever I'm back home playing with seals for Pokeballls. I figure he may have stole a few techniques from them. So far he was sitting on two victories. Ivrant was feeling extremely confident in his skill as a trainer so far. He felt like taking on the whole island now!

''How awesome. I think Scraggy would like those movies as well. Anyway, I am going to have to let my Pokémon get a rest. I assume yours need a rest too right?'' With that, Arwyn started walking to the Pokémon Center.

"Nicely done, don't you guys thi--" Rosa turns to look at Autumn and her new Sneasel, only to see that the little dark type had snuck off, and was currently hiding behind a tree with a playful smirk on its face. Does...he think she can't see him? "You're...going to be a handful." With a little smile, Rosa stands up and offers the two trainers a polite applause as they head for the center.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
4,923 posts
9.3 Years
Dallas Yukira - Road to Oak Town @ Aoife Breen :

While Dallas exited the dorms, he had ignored the battles on the battlefield. If he wanted, he could watch them from his room something. It was the first day. He had better things to do than and he knew there would be more than enough battles to watch later.

He wore black pants and a dark grey t-shirt. He thought about wearing his short sleeved jacket, but he knew it was far too warm, especially when he was used to Snowbelle City. Besides, he didn't really want people to know what dorm he was in. Some would want to battle him because he was in blue. If they didn't know what dorm he was in, it would be less likely for people to challenge him to a battle, which he really didn't want to do at this moment in time. He wanted to find ingredients and possibly a new pokemon.

Even though he wore what he did, he could sense eyes staring at him, but it just made him smile.

"Let them look. Who knows... maybe they just love my shirt." He grinned confidently.

A few minutes passed and he had stopped to look at his hologram map, double checking to make sure the road, to Oak Town, started up ahead. He nodded and closed the map, but before he started moving again, he thought he heard a pokemon cry out followed by someone walking into him. He stumbled back a few inches, but he regained his balance.

She seemed to have been looking at her map, just like he was. There eyes met, but she quickly looked away and apologized then turned back to face him.

"That's fine. I shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the walk way to look at my map on the first day." He smiled back, no longer sensing the gazes of those who were watching him.

PkMnTrainer Yellow

Queen of Magical Girls

Female
East Coast, USA
Seen February 9th, 2019
Posted February 9th, 2019
4,590 posts
11 Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
Level 10
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td></tr></table>
Ah the great outdoors! Silvana found herself not far from the academy grounds, stepping out just far enough to be faced with a mountain range and a chilly breeze. Looking behind her, she could no longer see the academy. It had been that way for what felt like a good ten, twenty minutes now? She mostly just kept track of the time by observing the position of the sun, which wasn't exactly super precise. Glancing back down at her map, she did a double take at the scene in front of her. If she was here and the mountains were there and there was snow in the distance...

Yup. She was completely lost.

She was looking for a forest! Silvana's chest tightened with anxiety. Man, maps made the world look so much easier to navigate than they actually were! What if she got lost out here and never found her way back?? A chirping sound from behind her made Silvana jump a bit. Spinning about, she found herself face to face with an... Emolga? Huh. They were a bit bigger than she was expecting. The flying squirrel pokemon looked up at Silvana with questioning eyes, curious as to her presence. "...Alright, I guess this is going to be my first battle." Silvana remarked, taking out her one and only pokeball and priming it. "Go, Carbuncle!" she announced, tossing her ball. It bounced ineffectually off of the ground without releasing anything.

" . . . Uhm."

<hr>
Meanwhile, at the beach not far from the academy.

A jigglypuff wearing a pair of plastic sunglasses can be found lounging in a kid-sized beach chair with a glass of lemonade and not a care in the world. It takes a sip, content with the knowledge that it is having a great time.

<hr>
Back not far from the icy plains, Silvana awkwardly crept over to her fallen pokeball without breaking eyecontact with the passively watching emolga and picked it up. Looking through the translucent red top, she discovered that it was empty. ...When had this happened?? That little flaker! She quietly pondered the nature of Carbuncle's betrayal for a moment as her ball fell back to her side. Her gaze returned to the Emolga. It hadn't really moved much since she encountered it. It was just kind of watching her expectantly, as if patiently waiting for something. Huh. She guessed this wasn't the worst time to find out she was without a partner. It seemed pretty friendly. And then, almost immediately after she dropped her guard and started to ponder heading back to the academy, the emolga made a move. It was as if in direct reaction to her thoughts. A devilish grin manifested on the pokemon's face and it shifted forward confrontationally, its cheeks emitting sparks of electricity. A little yelp of alarm escaped Silvana as she observed this, recoiling rather hard and half-turning to run without actually putting her foot down.

"G-Good pokemon? Good..?" she nervously stammered out, but it was of no use. The emolga lunged at her and a girly scream of fright could be heard as Silvana was sent fleeing into the icy plains, an Emolga tailing her with thundershocks on her tail.

Megaman765

Age 26
Male
A house
Seen June 20th, 2019
Posted May 3rd, 2019
2,688 posts
10.1 Years
Ivrant: Pokemon Center

After the rough battle, Ivrant once again had his Pokemon healed properly in the Pokemon Center. It'd probly be best to take it easy on trainer battles for a little while to think up some more proper techniques. The nurse even explained to Ivrant what moves the Marill had. He was in such a rush the first time that he didn't even stay for the first explanation. He'd have to keep that in mind next time he caught something out in the wild. He still had to fill in alot of holes with his team but he'd worry about that another time. No need to rush things! Ivrant turned back to Rosa and Arwyn.

"Phew... well that was basicly everything I had planned for the day. What are you guys all up too for the rest of the day?I Might grab a bite to eat myself if you all wanna tag along. I'm expecting another friend of mine to drop by too so hopefully she dosn't miss us..." Ivrant said, checking his Pokegear occasionally.

PkMnTrainer Yellow

Queen of Magical Girls

Female
East Coast, USA
Seen February 9th, 2019
Posted February 9th, 2019
4,590 posts
11 Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
Level 10
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'></td></tr></table>
Silvana emitted a shuddering, squelched yell as a shockwave struck her backside, seizing her muscles up and sending her bodily to the ground. For a moment she was dazed, awkwardly clawing at the snow before a furry head brushed up against her and sent another painful jolt down her body. Moving hurt. The snow against her exposed skin hurt. The thing that made her want to cry the most, however, was the furry creature crawling on top of her.

"D-Don't eat me!! I'm not t-tasty I pro-promise!! WAAAA!!" Silvana squealed in terror before bursting into tears, sort of halfway curling into a ball in a defensive position. The emolga gazed upon her tear-stained face, complete with a runny nose and constant sniveling. ...Yeah, it would probably take her word for that. For a long moment Silvana just sort of laid there, trembling with anxiety for whatever would come next. The Emolga crawled onto her chest and slippsed its way past the throat guard, leaning into her throat. Silvana reflexively turned her head away, bracing herself. This was how it ended, right? Before Silvana could finish that thought, the Emolga did something bizarre. It squeezed its way betwixt her breastplate and her blouse as best it could and snuggled up to her.

...Why though??

Silvana's brows furrowed almost immediately. Was she going to live or not? Because she'd really like that but it wasn't going to happen if she laid around in the freezing snow for a whole lot longer. It took her a long moment of bewilderment, but a shivering sensation against her bosom suddenly clued her in. ...The emolga was cold too. It had chased her into an environment it couldn't thrive in! She still wasn't sure why it had chased her, but she now understood why it was being weird. It was snuggling into her for warmth. Silvana took a deep breath, feeling a shifting in response as her chest rose slightly. Alright. Well. She wasn't dead yet. Maybe if she played her cards right... Silvana slowly shifted to get back to her feet, only to catch a harsh glare from the emolga as she did. Stopping in her tracks, Silvana winced.

" . . . You wanna stay there?" she nervously asked. From its position nestled against her very heart, the emolga nodded in confirmation. ...Huh. It understood her. She knew Carbuncle was just a lazy faker. Faker flaker. ...Jerkpuff. She was a little sore about that, understandably, but honestly if she could just... get home safe that would be good enough for her right now. "Okaaay... Just don't h-hurt me, okay?" Silvana replied, hugging herself a bit for warmth. In response, she received only a glare. Silvana whimpered, but fell silent. Maybe if she just... didn't bother it she could get some help. Just take nice, even steps. Don't rock the boat...

The crunching of snow could be heard from nearby. Silvana once again stopped in her tracks. Glancing over her shoulder, she spotted a bergmite chittering aggressively after her. ...Dangit all. The emolga lazily poked its head out to see what all the fuss was about, apparently unimpressed with the bergmite. The bergmite bounced forward a good foot and Silvana promptly freaked out, turning tail and fleeing back toward the academy--or in the general direction she thought it was in, anyway. She was actually heading closer to Oak Town. The sounds of a painful electric shock could be heard as she fled, causing her to stumble and fall to her knees briefly--but this time the pokemon chasing her was... Well, it crawled at a snails pace, waddling along with a vengeance. Even with the emolga's help, it could not catch her.

L'Belle

Sexy sexy sexy

Male
The netherlands
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2,155 posts
3.4 Years
Grabbing a bite to eat huh? Truthfully, Arwyn WAS a bit hungry. "I guess I can tag along to eat something, no problem." Arwyn was hoping Dynamo and Scraggy wouldn't cause eachother any trouble during eating. Scraggy looked very angry at Dynamo the whole time after the battle ended. Arwyn is just hoping he won't regret this.
Age 26
Under my rock
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
49 posts
1.7 Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:

The Academy Library

“Eternia, the City of History…. Evolution and its Mysteries… Evolution, a Primer… Falkner, an Autobiography… Ugh! Again nothing!” Rylie exclaimed, slamming her hand on one of the rather empty shelves. “I’ve checked for stones, ice, and now evolution! Everything is already gone!” She continued with her frustrated rant. As she turned around to check another shelf she was met with the gazes of several people staring at her, clearly her outburst in the formerly quiet library didn’t go unnoticed. Failing to keep composed, Rylie retreated behind one of the taller bookshelves before turning a darker shade of red than she thought possible.

“Day one and you’ve already managed to make a fool of yourself, good going…” Rylie muttered under her breath, scolding herself harshly. Her original plan was to try to check out a book while the Library was busy, figuring she wouldn’t attract much attention as long as she didn’t hang around, so much for that idea. Slinging her backpack over her shoulder she made her way towards the exit in attempt to preserve what little couth she had left.

“Excuse me.” A soft voice called from behind, causing Rylie to flinch a bit as her escape is halted. Dreadfully, she turned around to meet this saboteur of plans.

“Erm… Hello.” Rylie quietly said in response, looking over this person. She seemed to be a rather, small, mousy looking woman in professional looking clothing.

“Perhaps this is what you’re looking for.” She continued, holding a book out in front of her.

Rylie quietly took the book from the woman, flipping it over to its side she read the title of the book out loud. “Methods of Evolution… Thank you, this should work.” She said, finding it hard to keep eye contact with her out of embarrassment.

“I’ve already checked it out in your name, you just need to sign the card on the inside cover.” The woman said, giving Rylie a bit of a nod. “Oh, and next time. Try to be a little bit quieter, this is a library after all.” She said in a scolding tone.

“T-Thank you, will do.” Rylie responded, just about as red faced as before. Stowing the book away, she continued her way towards the exit, finally managing to escape the library.

Megaman765

Age 26
Male
A house
Seen June 20th, 2019
Posted May 3rd, 2019
2,688 posts
10.1 Years
"Sounds good!" Ivrant said happily. Battling really got him hungry for some reason. All that shouting and excitement was probably enough. He'd never battled and trained this much in one sitting after all. His Pokemon were no doubt starving as well after all the work they put in today. And it was practically lunch time! Time sure flied in the Academy and he already had met several different trainers he'd have to catch up with soon. Next time he had some time on his own, Ivrant had a couple of things he'd have to take care of with his team and back at the dorm. Maybe he should battle more trainers after all though? It wouldn't hurt to get a good amount of training off at least. Though getting to know Buster better would probly be a better idea before hoping into another fight like that.

"We can meet over by the Cafeteria and fetch some lunch over there." Ivrant added in. Dynamo didn't seem to be paying any attention to Scraggy. Like he wasn't worth the trouble now that he had beaten him.

Advertiser Content