• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Syn's Chill VGM Remixes

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
Hey everyone, I've recently started getting into music production and found that creating chill remixes of game soundtracks I like was super fun and rewarding. I've only done a few so far, but I can see myself getting better each time and developing more of a personal style. Have a listen and I hope you enjoy what I've made :)

(Also feel free to suggest other VGM pieces that you think would be cool with my style, upbeat or chill. I'm always looking for inspiration)

Update: I've now made a few upbeat remixes. Not entirely a chill remix post anymore

Update 2: This is definitely not even a "mostly chill remixes" thread or youtube channel anymore

Update 3: As of Sycamore's Theme, I have an equal number of chill and upbeat remixes

Recommended remix:

Most recent remix:

Undella Town, Catalyst, and Battle! Gym Leader Sonia now available on other streaming services!

Sorted newest to oldest:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
this is some really good stuff Syn! i especially love the trippy 3/4 rhythm on your Undella Town remix. took me a while before i could comfortably follow the rhythm there lol. kinda wish there was a sort of lo-fi filter added to it though, i feel like that'd make it sound extra epic (since it already is epic hehe).

if you're looking for suggestions, how's about the FRLG title screen music? seems like it'd be perfect if retextured and given a chill beat~ (starts at around 0:19)

Syntthetix

Years
this is some really good stuff Syn! i especially love the trippy 3/4 rhythm on your Undella Town remix. took me a while before i could comfortably follow the rhythm there lol. kinda wish there was a sort of lo-fi filter added to it though, i feel like that'd make it sound extra epic (since it already is epic hehe).

if you're looking for suggestions, how's about the FRLG title screen music? seems like it'd be perfect if retextured and given a chill beat~ (starts at around 0:19)

Hey I'm really glad you like that one, it's definitely my favorite so far as well. Getting used to that 3/4 rhythm took a little listening and messing around for me too, it's always weird stepping out of the usual 4/4 but it makes things more interesting for sure.

I can definitely hear the FRLG title theme working for this style, I would definitely look at doing that one soon. I'm also learning more about how to make things sound more like actual lo-fi, so I'd also try to apply those ideas to that song.

Syntthetix

Years
newest remix is Unlasting by LiSA, used as an ending theme for SAO Alicization War of Underworld. Not VGM this time but I'm really happy with how it came out

Syntthetix

Years
did another one with a non-VGM song, turns out jpop is really fun to remix as well. Newest remix is Kaze wo Hamu (風を食む) by Yorushika.

Syntthetix

Years

Syntthetix

Years
Alright it's been literally 5 months, but the newest remix is Catalyst by Solar Fields, from Mirror's Edge Catalyst! I've learned a lot over the time that I wasn't actually making any complete remixes, so this one ended up feeling really polished compared to my older stuff.

Syntthetix

Years
Just finished remixing Lugia's Song from Pokemon the Movie 2000! I'm really happy with this one, it's such a nostalgic song for me

.hack

skunkape
Years
Hey great work!
I gave most a listen and particualrly enjoyed the pokemon ones! I followed your account on twitter to keep up with any new ones you post! :)
Any plans to do any gen 2 music?

Syntthetix

Years
Hey great work!
I gave most a listen and particualrly enjoyed the pokemon ones! I followed your account on twitter to keep up with any new ones you post! :)
Any plans to do any gen 2 music?

I'm really glad you enjoyed them, and thanks a lot for the follow :) I have looked at some gen 2 songs as potential options, but I haven't been quite sure which one I would actually want to go for. Ecruteak City could be a solid option, but we'll have to wait and see since I typically have to experiment with a song a bit before I can tell if it'll work for me.

.hack

skunkape
Years
I'm really glad you enjoyed them, and thanks a lot for the follow :) I have looked at some gen 2 songs as potential options, but I haven't been quite sure which one I would actually want to go for. Ecruteak City could be a solid option, but we'll have to wait and see since I typically have to experiment with a song a bit before I can tell if it'll work for me.

That would be awesome! But good luck with whatever you do decide to make! Look forward to it!

Syntthetix

Years
Took a long ass time to get around to finishing this one, but my Jubilife Village remix is finally done! Probably the most difficult remix I've done so far, but I like how it came out.

Syntthetix

Years
And somehow only less than a week later I've made a whole new upbeat remix of Dialga's Fight to the Finish from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I'm really happy with how my first shot at an upbeat remix came out, so definitely check it out

Syntthetix

Years
Newest remix is Marnie's Theme from Pokemon Sword and Shield! It's my second upbeat remix so far and one of my favorite songs from the series without a doubt.

Syntthetix

Years
I've added Battle! Zinnia and Sonia's Theme from ORAS and SwSh, respectively! Definitely two of my favorite remixes I've done so far

Syntthetix

Years
Just added Mer Stadium and Theia Sky Ruins, both from Pokemon Unite! I think these two are really showing my improvement in the mixing department, but I'm generally super happy with them overall as well

Syntthetix

Years
Newest remix is Unova's Route 10 from Pokemon Black and White! I've wanted to do this one for a while and it's finally done.

Back