• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Media] The music of pokemon- who composed what?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
Hi. I was wondering about the first two generations, and who composed what.
Seems that there were more than one people. Is there a list of composers and the individual tracks that they did for blue/ silver?
Thanks in advance.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
For the most part, like Mister Coffee posted above, you can count on Junichi Masuda and Go Ichinose for the vast majority of the core game compositions... even up to the present day.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
If you look on the Bulbapedia pages for the original soundtracks, it tells you who composed and arranged each track.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
Thanks, but there is no such page since the gold/silver games didn't have an official ost.
From bulbapedia:
"Pokémon Gold and Silver are the only paired versions which have not had any sort of official soundtrack release of the games' original tracks."
So I guess there is no definitive way for me to learn who composed what. Hm, strange. I guess soul silver is my closest alternative.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Thanks, but there is no such page since the gold/silver games didn't have an official ost.
From bulbapedia:
"Pokémon Gold and Silver are the only paired versions which have not had any sort of official soundtrack release of the games' original tracks."
So I guess there is no definitive way for me to learn who composed what. Hm, strange. I guess soul silver is my closest alternative.
All the 8-bit tracks from the original Gold/Silver were included on the third disc of the HeartGold/SoulSilver soundtrack.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
Ah, my mistake .Many thanks ^^
Now I know who wrote ecruteak city theme finally. (Go Ichinose)

Last edited:
Back