• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Mid-Season Checkup

Years
Since several shows are about to hit their halfway point, I figured now would be a good time to ask you a few questions about this season.

So, what have you picked up? What did you drop? What are you still trying to work into your schedule?

What surprised you? What disappointed you? What was exactly as you expected?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Haven't dropped anything yet so far! though Animegataris is getting pretty close to being dropped...

Houseki no Kuni and Kujira no Kora wa Saijou no Utau were my surprises for the season. I'm really liking how they're moving towards telling a much larger story outside of the original, smaller setting introduced. Of course, stories with secrets are also very appealing!

Idolmaster SideM, Umaru 2, and Mahoutsukai no Yome are also very good, but no surprises here. I also really like Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru, but it's exactly the same as the movies, except split into episodes, so it's not very new.

Years
Only been keeping up with Sunshine S2. >.< Don't want to start any other series until I finish Gochuumon and actually start Your Lie in April like I promised my friend... ages ago lol.

Years
I suppose I should answer my own questions.

My first 3 shows I picked up were Umaru, UQ Holder, and Love Live! Sunshine because those were all either sequels of stuff I was already watching or an adaptation of a manga I really enjoyed (in Umaru's case, it was both). I also added Animegataris and Just Because! after the season started because of hype around both here and in other anime communities.

I've yet to be surprised by anything, though. Might change as I've got 6 more series I want to pick up, though: Blend S, A Sister's All You Need, Konoha Kitan, Recovery of an MMO Addict, Kino's Journey, and Urahara.

Haven't dropped anything yet so far! though Animegataris is getting pretty close to being dropped...

Houseki no Kuni and Kujira no Kora wa Saijou no Utau were my surprises for the season. I'm really liking how they're moving towards telling a much larger story outside of the original, smaller setting introduced. Of course, stories with secrets are also very appealing!

Idolmaster SideM, Umaru 2, and Mahoutsukai no Yome are also very good, but no surprises here. I also really like Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru, but it's exactly the same as the movies, except split into episodes, so it's not very new.

How far into Animegataris are you, and what's making you consider dropping it? I don't find it anywhere near as bad as everyone else seems to find it, personally. Though it is pretty cliche and Genshiken did the whole meta anime club thing FAR better in both its otaku-heavy original run and its fujoshi-heavy second run. I'm still having fun with Animegataris though.

Other than Umaru I'm not really watching anything else you've mentioned.

Only been keeping up with Sunshine S2. >.< Don't want to start any other series until I finish Gochuumon and actually start Your Lie in April like I promised my friend... ages ago lol.

Sometimes you only have the time and energy to keep up with one show in a season. It happens!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
So far I've only been able to keep up with BBB. I've been meaning to catch up with several others that I'd planned to watch, but as things are now I'm just catching up with past seasons of anime.

Back