• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen RMT Emerald(in-game)

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 19, 2018
Sup guys I am about to face the E4 in Emerald and this is my team:

Blaziken - Lv.48 @ Charcoal
Blaze Kick
Brick Break
Fire Blast
Bulk Up

Gardevoir - Lv.49 @ Magnet
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Reflect

Ludicolo - Lv.46 @ Mystic Water/Miracle Seed
Surf
Giga Drain
Ice Beam
Fake Out

Skarmory - Lv.45 @ Shell Bell
Fly
Steel Wing
Toxic
Protect

Flygon - Lv.48 @ Blackglasses
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch
Screech

Absol - Lv.45 @ Lax Incense
Shadow Ball
Slash
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance

How would you rate this team out of 10?

Years
It's decent overall and I think you have a good idea what you're doing. There are a few redundant moves like Fake Out on Ludicolo and Crunch on Flygon; you don't need Crunch on Flygon because Absol is guaranteed to solo Phoebe. Phoebe always protects on the first turn so you can get the freest Swords Dance of your life. I think Drake usually protects on the first turn, too.

It may be worth teaching Return to Flygon just so you have a way to hit Salamence/Gyarados after Screech. I can't think of anything to replace Fake Out on Ludicolo that isn't an egg move, so you could run Double Team or something. idk, I don't blame you if you continue to roll with Fake Out for the free damage, however minor.

Gardevoir is likely to be your win condition against Wallace. Probably your best member, and I wouldn't change anything on it.

One last change: I'd probably switch the Lax Incense and Shell Bell. Skarmory won't deal that much damage so it's not going to recover as much as Absol, which should OHKO everything when boosted.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 19, 2018
Thanks, I think I will teach Rain Dance to Ludicolo to take advantage of Swift Swim and the power boost. I may replace Crunch with Return but I don't know. As for the items I may put berries instead of Incense and Shell Bell as you are right about their usefulness. Thank you for your reply, it was very helpful.

Back