• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: BW/B2W2 Music Patch for all versions! (Gen 3)

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
v1.4 Update
Another big update

Changes in v1.4:
-More B2W2 music added:
Kanto Gym Leader
Kanto Champion
Johto Gym Leader
Johto Champion
Hoenn Gym Leader
Hoenn Champion
Sinnoh Gym Leader
Sinnoh Champion
Champion Iris Battle
Humilau City
vs N B2W2
Lentimas Town
Gym Leader Last Pokemon B2W2
Road to Reversal Mountain
Reversal Mountain (Black2)
Reversal Mountain (White2)

-Adjust some songs in the songtables (again)
-New Acoustic Guitar samples
-New Accordion samples
-Amplified B2W2 Electric Guitar samples
-Removed some unused HGSS sample data left over from HGSS music patch
-Relocated multi-sample data (will be used in future update)
-Relocated some voicegroups to give way for free space (will be useful for future update)
-More minor fixes I haven't mentioned

-I also made UPS patches for more convenient patching! (use NUPS patcher)
If you are applying this to an already hacked ROM, I recommend to use the manual patching method instead of the UPS patches.

Download v1.4

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
hey, never used custom music before but i got this set up pretty easily.

any advice on how to actual use the songs? like playing a specific song for a specific battle? using hopeless trainer editor for this

i did the manual patching method, so i'm not sure if songs were actually replaced or just space was made to add them. using the UPS method it just seems like all of the songs were replaced with the appropriate one from bw2

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
any advice on how to actual use the songs? like playing a specific song for a specific battle? using hopeless trainer editor for this
I use XSE scripts to do this because it is the easiest way. There are better ways to do it with ASM, like Jambo51's tutorial, but I haven't tried it yet.

This is what I use for wild battles and this one for trainer battles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
I use XSE scripts to do this because it is the easiest way. There are better ways to do it with ASM, like Jambo51's tutorial, but I haven't tried it yet.

This is what I use for wild battles and this one for trainer battles.

awesome, thanks for the help

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
I have an problem with patching this to Pokemon Ruby version since i have white screen and nothing more.

I just realized, the current patch of Ruby is broken right now.. I'll fix this in the next update, along with Ruby 1.0 support and other fixes.

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
v1.4.1 Update
Minor update, but it fixes and improves things

Changes in v1.4.1:
-Ruby 1.0 now supported! (with music mixer and everything)
-Fix Ruby 1.1 crash
-New Flute Sample (for Nuvema Town, Accumula Town, Icirrus City, etc.)
-Song improvements (PWT Finals, Pokemon Center)

Download v1.4.1

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Still crushes on Ruby 1.0 and 1.1. Also when patched on unexpanded rom. Partialy work, with MAJOR graphic glitches and crushes.

That's weird.. Both versions should work fine, even in hacked versions. I've also tested UPS (using NUPS patcher, NOT tsukuyomi) and manual patching and got no issues.

Last edited:

Mr Ghost

oh no
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Does anyone have a list of this for it to show up in A-Map or know how to go about that?

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Does anyone have a list of this for it to show up in A-Map or know how to go about that?

To use the custom music in A-Map, get the decimal song number of the song in the full song list, convert it to hex, and put the converted music no. to the header of the map.
I think you also can use it on other utilities and tools if it supports it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 8, 2018
Hello, I'm trying to rip the rom patches music to midi via gbamusriper, but the soundfont for the midis is not written correctly. Do you know the voicegroup offset i need to make a correct rip?

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Hello, I'm trying to rip the rom patches music to midi via gbamusriper, but the soundfont for the midis is not written correctly. Do you know the voicegroup offset i need to make a correct rip?

I also tried and gave me an error... I don't really know what's wrong. For voicegroup offsets, as far as I remember, some are listed in one of the txt files or the spreadsheet of the source files.

Years
Can you do a DPPT music patch for Pok?mon Fire Red? Because only there's a DPPT music patch for Emerald version and I don't know how to port to Fire Red the source file from the patch.

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Can you do a DPPT music patch for Pokémon Fire Red? Because only there's a DPPT music patch for Emerald version and I don't know how to port to Fire Red the source file from the patch.

I actually had something like that in progress, but never finished it. Maybe I'll get back to it sometime soon...

Back