• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Shrimz

Press Start, go to Option, go to Battle Style, change it from Set to Shift. That should help.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
I also know Dratini is at level 18, I checked in my other save file, and it is level 25. Thanks!

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
Hey guys, I have a quick question for you.

In Emerald (NOT R/S), after you beat the pokemon league and after you get magically teleported to your own home in a matter of seconds, you get to decide what Lati you want, right?

I was just wondering: In Emerald, are the IVs and shininess of the Lati determined once you choose "Red" or "Blue"? I'm just wondering because I really really want a shiny Latias. (I don't mind SRing) I've heard that the IVs and shininess are determined once you pick what Lati you want in Emerald, but that in R/S it is determined once you start the game. I just need confirmation: CAN it be shiny sometime if I save in front of the TV and then keep choosing the red pokemon and then keep going out to hunt it down?

If not.. GOD DANG YOU NINTENDO
If yes.. HALLELUJA

Also, can you use Synchronize on the Lati? I just really want a shiny Latias with a good nature.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
No, you can't use Synchronize as the nature and shiny or not is decided as you pick the colour. You need to save in front of the TV, and then Soft Reset till you get a Shiny Latias.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
I ordered 2 games of Ebay, Emerald and Leaf green. I have already managed to work out their fake due to be flat packed. When i played Leafgreen for the first time It came up with 'The saved file is ok'.
It seemed the owner had made a file called AAAAAA

I made a new game and everythign and saved. Then when i played againt he file deleted itself.

Then on emerald i started it up and it came up with 'The game can be played.'

Exactly the same happened. It came up with: 'The file has been deleted due to damage or curruption.

My friend told me because their from USA and thats why they dont work on my DS i got 4 years ago.

Is this the reason they dont work?

Years
The people there explain some of the stories behind the legendary Pokemon of Hoenn, iirc.

Also, there's the man who tells you if he can see Mirage Island and the Fan Club's Chairman's brother who gives you Return/Frustration every week.

Years
Then you can go to Mirage Island. Nothing special there but Leichi berries and wild Wynaut. It's on Route 130 by the way. Chances of him seeing it are comparable to matching all 5 numbers on the lottery.

RedRose

Coffee Addict
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
Umbreon

I have a question about the Eevee Umbreon/Espeon evolutions. In my ruby, it's 7 at night and I have a lv 37 Eevee that has a high friendship level, but every time it levels up it starts to evolve into an Espeon, but I want it to evolve into an Umbreon.

Is there something different I should be doing?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I have a question about the Eevee Umbreon/Espeon evolutions. In my ruby, it's 7 at night and I have a lv 37 Eevee that has a high friendship level, but every time it levels up it starts to evolve into an Espeon, but I want it to evolve into an Umbreon.

Is there something different I should be doing?

Are you sure it's night?

Also, at the start of Ruby, does it say "internal battery has run dry"?

RedRose

Coffee Addict
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
yup, it's definetly night, and no it doesn't say that...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Is there anyway how we can teach our pokemon some of the move tutor attacks (from the Emerald, Firered, and leafgreen) on Diamond, Pearl, and platinum? Cause I want an aerodactyl with double edge and good iv's. And I really don't want to play emerald, firered, or leafgreen all over again because it will take a long time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
@Cloud:
You can do Contests in more than just Lilycove. Surskuit, Zangoose and Meditite aren't available in Emerald.

However, Emerald has both plots intertwined, with a brilliant ending involving Rayquaza. Also, the ONLY real Battle Frontier (not like 4th Gen rip-offs), is in Emerald.Also, you get stalked by a guy called Scott.And Steven is available post-E4 for a battle in Meteor Falls, as the 2nd strongest trainer EVER (he has a slightly higher level average than Cynthia in Platinum.

@Juupton: Fraid there isn't sorry.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
cool beans. so it sounds to me that for both platinum and emerald, the only disadvantages are that there are a select few pokemon that you can't find in them. other than that they sound pretty superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back