• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic]

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
First off, let me just say thanks for making an awesome tool. I was just wondering if you would be willing to throw it up on a mirror site like mediafire. Over at another forum I frequent, we have a budding hacks section and, while I love the NSE, I don't like recommending it because I don't like telling people that they have to register here just to use it. If you want it to be a PokeCommunity exclusive tool I understand, and I didn't just distribute it because I recognize the amount of work you must have put into it. Again, thanks for making an awesome tool.

link12552

decade club
Years
NSE Mirror

First off, let me just say thanks for making an awesome tool. I was just wondering if you would be willing to throw it up on a mirror site like mediafire. Over at another forum I frequent, we have a budding hacks section and, while I love the NSE, I don't like recommending it because I don't like telling people that they have to register here just to use it. If you want it to be a PokeCommunity exclusive tool I understand, and I didn't just distribute it because I recognize the amount of work you must have put into it. Again, thanks for making an awesome tool.

Huzzah!

Quickly threw a website together, Here: www.lastlink.cz.cc
You can download NSE at the bottom of this page.

Hopefully I'm able maintain the site :nervous:

I might even add a section for plug-ins and whatever else I can dream up!
Cheers for me knowing CSS and PHP

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Hey, just thought I'd say.
I really admire how often you update NSE, and the quality of the program itself.
And on another note, your website, design and layout is really nice! :)

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Just wondering if you could make a small edit.

The pallete changer, can you add it so you can type in a number and then just press enter or maybe it changes it automatically. ^^

Thanks. x

EDIT: Also, the rival sprite on the name choose thing doesn't change even if you change his real sprite, just wondering if you know how to change that, thanks. xxx

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
I'd hate to come off as any sort of bossy nobody, but could the next update include more Emerald compatibility? Namely to edit the second frame of a Pokemon?

I'm either too inexperienced to have found the feature in the current version (1.7.5.0) or it isn't there! This is a damn good program nonetheless, keep it up.

Thanks,
I quickly threw together a plug-in so you can edit the second frame,
Get it here, look for "Emerald Animations"

Again I just quickly threw it together, so I'm not sure how stable it'll be in the long run.
I'm also unsure as to why the game has two different tables of Pokemon sprites. (ie. there are 3 frames, but frames 1 and 3 are the same)

Also:
Eventually more Emerald updates will come...

Just wondering if you could make a small edit.

The pallete changer, can you add it so you can type in a number and then just press enter or maybe it changes it automatically. ^^

Thanks. x

EDIT: Also, the rival sprite on the name choose thing doesn't change even if you change his real sprite, just wondering if you know how to change that, thanks. xxx

Regarding the palette editor, you can already type in a number palette code and it will automatically update.
(Note the GBA has it's own palette code format)
You could also click the actual color and edit it with the color selection dialog.

Regarding the rival sprite:
The reason for the rival not changing while your naming him is because his OW is loaded from a specific location in the rom,
different from the standard OW.

If you could find out the offsets for the sprite, though, you could easily change it through NSE.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Regarding the palette editor, you can already type in a number palette code and it will automatically update.
(Note the GBA has it's own palette code format)
You could also click the actual color and edit it with the color selection dialog.

Regarding the rival sprite:
The reason for the rival not changing while your naming him is because his OW is loaded from a specific location in the rom,
different from the standard OW.

If you could find out the offsets for the sprite, though, you could easily change it through NSE.

Thanks for telling me about the Rival OW and what I meant was with the number chage for selecting different palletes for the sprite. I think it would be easier to just press enter.

Sorry if you misundertsood. xxxx

disturbedfan98

NO DISASSEMBLE NUMBER 5!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I'm working on a hack of ruby and sapphire but every time i try to open one of the plugins, it gives me an error message that says "AXVE is not supported by this plugin. it gives me the same for sapphire only instead of AXVE it says "AXPE is not supported by this plugin." any suggestions?

link12552

decade club
Years
I'm working on a hack of ruby and sapphire but every time i try to open one of the plugins, it gives me an error message that says "AXVE is not supported by this plugin. it gives me the same for sapphire only instead of AXVE it says "AXPE is not supported by this plugin." any suggestions?

Some plug-ins are only currently compatible with certain ROMS;
AXVE is Ruby, AXPE is Saphire.

What plug-in are you using, so that I can see if I can port it over...

disturbedfan98

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Some plug-ins are only currently compatible with certain ROMS;
AXVE is Ruby, AXPE is Saphire.

What plug-in are you using, so that I can see if I can port it over...

Im trying to use the Icon, Trainer and Item plug-ins

link12552

decade club
Years
Plug-ins

Im trying to use the Icon, Trainer and Item plug-ins

Okay, I spent ~4 hours but I think I've finally done it,
I fixed the icon plugin to work with Pokemon ruby.
Get it on this page (my Site)I knew it would be useful
The updated version supports all versions of Pokemon Ruby, and Pokemon Firered.
Sadly I don't own a copy of Sapphire, so you're out of luck on that one. (Unless someone with sapphire can lend me a hand)
The trainer plugin on my site also works with Ruby (AXVE).

As for the Item's plugin, after heavily searching my Ruby ROM, I finally re-realized a sick conclusion.
RUBY DOES NOT SHOW ITEM IMAGES
Oooow... :knockedou
there went an hour of my day.

So to conclude download the pokekon and icon plug-ins off of my site,
and no matter how hard I wish there were, there are no item images in Ruby... so no Item plugin.

NSE for the win!

disturbedfan98

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Okay, I spent ~4 hours but I think I've finally done it,
I fixed the icon plugin to work with Pokemon ruby.
Get it on this page (my Site)I knew it would be useful
The updated version supports all versions of Pokemon Ruby, and Pokemon Firered.
Sadly I don't own a copy of Sapphire, so you're out of luck on that one. (Unless someone with sapphire can lend me a hand)
The trainer plugin on my site also works with Ruby (AXVE).

As for the Item's plugin, after heavily searching my Ruby ROM, I finally re-realized a sick conclusion.
RUBY DOES NOT SHOW ITEM IMAGES
Oooow... :knockedou
there went an hour of my day.

So to conclude download the pokekon and icon plug-ins off of my site,
and no matter how hard I wish there were, there are no item images in Ruby... so no Item plugin.

NSE for the win!
AWESOME! thanks dude this is great!

iAmOut

Average Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Question! I can save my palette from my Fire Red to Ruby but not the Frame! Reply please!

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
A quick question,when re-pointing sprites,does NSE search for free space,or does it overwrite other data.
Just asking,my hack has crashed over 5 times while editing overworlds.
and something else,can you add extra palletes?

Years
This tool Improve a lot since I last visited here. I feel very happy when I think that there are so many person who really helped us by making many tools for us.

link12552

decade club
Years
IMPORTANT READ!

A quick question,when re-pointing sprites,does NSE search for free space,or does it overwrite other data.
Just asking,my hack has crashed over 5 times while editing overworlds.
and something else,can you add extra palletes?

Response to asker's question
Spoiler:

Edit: Bugs and MORE (Read to find out)

Okay so I found a bug regarding the NSL Importer.
For some reason NSE won't save while in Frame mode.
This only effects non-compressed sprites.

The other bug, only effects those who have been writing NSE plug-ins.
The "Image" command wont take a value, not loaded from memory as the image offset.
What this means is that you can't go:

Image(&h123ABC, &456DEF, 0020,0020)

... because it will fail while trying to load(&h123ABC).

Also effecting NSE plug-in makers is an issue with the if> and if< commands,
they act as if>= and if<=.

Now here's the shpeel...

A new super-enhanced version of NSE is in the works,
so these bugs won't be fixed anytime too soon :shocked:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

But seeing how I've probably just created some confused looks, I'll throw a couple of hints regarding the new NSE.

For one it's a major release, so it's going to be NSE 2.0,
Secondly, OW editing will not be it's primary function,
Current NSE plug-ins will not be directly supported,
There are high hopes for 256 color sprites,
You'll be able to edit multiple sprites at once, think photoshop,
and drum roll please....

You will be able to directly program, new features, abilities, and anything else that can be programmed, as plug-ins now a.k.a as dll's in any .net language (C#, VB.net, C++ ect. ),
NSE locates appropriate dll's and add's them, simple.

NSE is allowing access to several of it's currently proprietary functions,

Currently the newly accessible functions look like this:
Code:
        string Filename { get; }

Byte[] ReadBytes(int Offset, int Length);
        void WriteBytes(Byte[] WriteBytes, int Offset);

int FindFreeSpace(int StartOffset, int Size);
        int FindBytes(byte[] Bytes, byte[] SearchBytes, int Offset = 0);
        void SearchAndReplace(byte[] Search, byte[] Replace, List<int> 
        void Draw(ref Bitmap bitmap, byte[] Data, NSE2.Data.SpritePalette Palette, Size size, Point Position, int Length = -1)Pointers = null);

With things like:
  • Lz77 Decompression
  • Lz77 Compression
  • A super fancy editor
  • Access to things like ("Import Bitmap, Import NSL, Export...")
  • Self drawn and object populated win-forms
All coming as accessible functions, with much more planned.

Calling all developers:
If you have any suggestions for functions that should be accessible, please PM me.

I want to make NSE as feature full, and user friendly as possible.
Expect a beta eventually

Last edited:

DeathJusty

Turtle Boss
Years
there is the index witch has the first sprite of all the overworld sptites actulay all the sprites say u wanted to edit the mail sprite all the way click next frame and u get the rest of the sprite positons for him the same can be done for anything else

hope this heped

there is the index witch has the first sprite of all the overworld sptites actulay all the sprites say u wanted to edit the mail sprite all the way click next frame and u get the rest of the sprite positons for him the same can be done for anything else

hope this helped

Last edited:

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Um, I have HGSS overworlds in PNG format, and I can't seem to be able to import them into FireRed. I did try your NSL Editor, but it only accepts 16 Color Bitmaps, but if I convert them to .BMP they lose color. Do I have to manually edit the overworlds to import them to my FireRed ROM? Please help.

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
so how do u edit more than just what you walking around. Like how do you edit the battle scene stuff, and can u edit icons and the map with this. If so how?

Back