• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
If there are no more new gym leaders then I wonder who will be returning/filling in the blank spaces we are currently unaware of, either way one or two who were originally in Black & White will no longer be taking that space due to Homika & Shizui, but that might mean they have a different role in the game. I still think that Iris will be ruling Opelucid City as Drayden either retired or went on to become an Elite Four member.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Well I'm guessing that Lenora and the triplets are most definitely gone. I also speculate that Clay is out of the league, too, so he can focus on his career with his mine and the town's trade. Drayden I have a feeling is gone and retired from battling all together, and is focusing full time on teaching new trainers how to battle.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
If Homika is due to be the 2nd gym leader, which she is, what TM would she give you? It would seems early for stuff like Poison Jab or Sludge Bomb, so maybe Toxic?

----------------------
Here's also an updated gym list from me:
1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.) Burgh?/Shizui?
4.) Elesa
5.) ???/Shizui?
6.) Skyla?
7.) Brycen?/ Replacement
8.) Iris?

The reason for Burgh is if you zoom in far enough on the west side of Castelia, there is a greenish bug type colored spot over
where the gym is.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If there are no more new gym leaders then I wonder who will be returning/filling in the blank spaces we are currently unaware of, either way one or two who were originally in Black & White will no longer be taking that space due to Homika & Shizui, but that might mean they have a different role in the game. I still think that Iris will be ruling Opelucid City as Drayden either retired or went on to become an Elite Four member.

Well there's definitely three that are retired, due to Cheren, too. While the first two are obvious it's someone else, but we could see someone else retiring and making way for a character with a lesser role in the games. Buuut I really doubt it because there's too little of a backstory from everyone else who wasn't a main character for it to work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
This image from the Anime:
OPJ15.png

Up top, we have Caitlin, Cynthia, Alder, Drayden & Shizui. Interesting!

Drayden looks like he's wearing a new black-colored cape, too. Maybe he'll be in BW2 after all?

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
Well I think Burgh or at least the 3rd gym is still a bug type gym. If you look at the pic of you getting the Basic Badge for Cheren, you can see the left side of the silhouette of the 3rd gym badge. Now it's possible that it could be Shizui's badge, but the way the left side curves fits the Beetle Badge. Also just because Brycen is in the games, doesn't mean he is still a gym leader. Really, the confirm gym leaders we have are Cheren, Homika, Elesa, and Shizui, and we only know the order of 2. Imo, Elesa and Shizui could be anywhere, so I really can't say an order they will be in.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
...Is the picture of the Elite Four building? Is Drayden an Elite now? Ppl were saying he might be.

If you are talkin about the picture above, that's supposedly taken from the new opening for Best Wishes 2. Shizui is shown in that picture and we know he's a Gym Leader so I don't think that's for the Elite Four. Despite what some people are saying we don't know if Drayden is still a gym leader or not.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If Homika is due to be the 2nd gym leader, which she is, what TM would she give you? It would seems early for stuff like Poison Jab or Sludge Bomb, so maybe Toxic?

----------------------
Here's also an updated gym list from me:
1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.) Burgh?/Shizui?
4.) Elesa
5.) ???/Shizui?
6.) Skyla?
7.) Brycen?/ Replacement
8.) Iris?

The reason for Burgh is if you zoom in far enough on the west side of Castelia, there is a greenish bug type colored spot over
where the gym is.

Well I'm guessing that it will be either toxic or the tm that doubles in power if the opponent is poisoned.
I forgot about the third replacement...well we know that Cheren replaced Lenora due to the badge and Homika might be triplets, that leaves Shizui replacing who? It's not Elesa, and maybe not Brycen. That leaves Clay, Skyla, and Burgh (I have a feeling Opelucid will stay with Iris).

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
A little amount of new footage was shown at the end of the anime episode in Japan tonight, you can see it here. It shows footage inside Homika's gym (I love the flashing lights!), her animated sprite and also her gym battle music. Also confirms Koffing as her first Pokemon.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
The suspense is killing me for the games release to know all the new info.

What else could Homika have? Venipede?

blue

gucci
Years
Although unlikely I'd love to see an old gym leader take one of the places and when I say old I mean from another region i.e Fantina from Sinnoh.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Trubbish evolves at too high of a level for Homika to have a Garbador seeing as she's the second Gym Leader. The levels from Generation 1 to Generation 5 for the Second Gym Leader vary between 15 (Bugsy) to 22 (Gardenia) So I can't see her with a Garbador.

I know underleved evolutions could be brought up, but Gamefreak had pretty much stopped with the underleveled thing as the years went on. Out of all of Black and White only Ghetsis had an underleveled Pokemon, Hydreigon, and that was just to get Hydreigon into the Pokedex.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would love for her to have a Trubbish, and maybe in the World Tournament have her compete with a Garbodor. Or maybe have them bring back rematches and have her Trubbish evolve then?

Either way, the idea of her with that evolution line really appeals to me because maybe people will stop whining about it then.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Putting Trubbish with Homika would help it gain respect and love, which it lacked in BW from everyone crushing it's dreams by not using it and dissing it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Trubbish evolves at too high of a level for Homika to have a Garbador seeing as she's the second Gym Leader. The levels from Generation 1 to Generation 5 for the Second Gym Leader vary between 15 (Bugsy) to 22 (Gardenia) So I can't see her with a Garbador.
I know underleved evolutions could be brought up, but Gamefreak had pretty much stopped with the underleveled thing as the years went on. Out of all of Black and White only Ghetsis had an underleveled Pokemon, Hydreigon, and that was just to get Hydreigon into the Pokedex.
Uh Iris and Drayden's Haxorus say hi!
So it's possible that it might be underleveled, or she might have trubish too.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years

Uh Iris and Drayden's Haxorus say hi!
So it's possible that it might be underleveled, or she might have trubish too.

If you mean an under leveled Garbador, then as long as I have a psychic or ground to handle it, I'll be okay.

After review, a underleveled Garbador would be crazy, considering it evolves from Trubbish at level 36!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back