• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Either way, I really couldn't care less if I had a laptop then missed out on a major software update.. because then hopefully it would be really low-priced for upgrades like they did with Windows 8 Pro for its first three months of being on the market.

All I'm saying though: I need a newer, faster, and more-compact laptop this year.

So, thinking of a normal laptop, Ultrabook, or a gaming laptop, or some combination of them? ;)

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I only want that Windows 9 allows for a direct upgrade path from Windows 7.

Even if it doesn't allow that, though, at least I can chain-upgrade from 7 to 8, then 8.1, and then 9, if I need to do exactly that, seeing as I have a proper 8 licence.

Zach, when it comes to laptops, you don't want to get a bottom-barrel laptop. It's a very good idea to give it a lot of thought!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Since we're on the topic of Windows, and imo, we could really use a topic to talk about here in this thread (and that's due to me being lazy making a thread about this), but I retweeted this a little while ago on twitter. Probs worth reading. http://t.co/QfWp251IfE

Can you say WAAAAAAKE UP CAAAALL? What does everyone think?

Years
That doesn't really surprise me at all.. after all, I remember seeing some desktops that were still coming with XP as late as 2009 or so, before the release of Windows 7, when Vista was still the newest stable OS around.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm still on the fence with regard to Windows 8.x. It's a bit strange to know that I'm still running Windows 7 despite being able to upgrade to Windows 8 and 8.1 at any time I'd like.

Years
I could easily upgrade my desktop to Windows 8.x as well, but then that would mean I'd have to buy a separate activation code xD

In fact, my desktop is already running a non-stock OS.. it runs Windows 7, when it's only supposed to be running Windows Vista. But it's just as stable on 7 as it would be on Vista. :3

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I have a copy of 8 as well that I installed on a test partition just to play around with, but I'm just keeping Win7 on my desktop. I just don't see the point of upgrading, right now at least. Metro is clunky as all hell, and even now that you can boot straight to the desktop in 8.1, you still have to search for everything or create shortcuts.

Years
What's up with this message when I try to get to Pokecommunity IRC? I'm probably missing something simple but I haven't found a solution yet.

mrpmz4.png

Years
I've never seen that type of error with Java O_o

Then again, I don't really use java applications anymore.. and even after all the security flaws that were revealed last year about java, I've still left it enabled.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm stuck with Java because at least four applications that I use on my laptop need it. That includes Minecraft, but there's also a bunch of diagram creation programs that rely on it.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
What's up with this message when I try to get to Pokecommunity IRC? I'm probably missing something simple but I haven't found a solution yet.

mrpmz4.png

Try to use mibbit.com for chat. It's not Java based and works well
We have a link to #tradecorner in trade announcements.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Try to use mibbit.com for chat. It's not Java based and works well
We have a link to #tradecorner in trade announcements.

Nah, just go the whole hog and use a desktop client. Sometimes you just want to have everything you need in an IRC client. Personally, I use HexChat on everything that can run it.

Years
I'm a total IRC geek lmao

I have my own IRC server, I use mIRC with various scripts, and I use an IRC bouncer allowing me more than one connection with the same nickname

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm not too into IRC scripting (unless you count TwigBot which is derieved from Dragobot) :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I run and actually own mIRC and I absolutely love it. Mibbit is a nice tool for on the go. I use xchat2 on my Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back