• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: The All Animations Project

Years
I have 2 questions.

In the wiki it often says "Version 2 in Essentials v13" (or something along these lines), it means that I don't need to import these animations because I'm running the last version of essentials?

Second question, Is it ok to make animations with gen 3 graphics? It's awkward to look at 3D like graphics for move animations for me. Would be sad if I couldn't release my animations for these project just because of that.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
In the wiki it often says "Version 2 in Essentials v13" (or something along these lines), it means that I don't need to import these animations because I'm running the last version of essentials?
Correct.

Second question, Is it ok to make animations with gen 3 graphics? It's awkward to look at 3D like graphics for move animations for me. Would be sad if I couldn't release my animations for these project just because of that.
Make animations with whatever you want. Currently, having animations is better than not having animations, because so many moves don't have any.

Rob-120

~Revived~
Years
Added Dig and Updated Fly

So I animated the move dig and reanimated the move fly to include a hit ring. I also made the user transparent.

However, when a status effect is applied the user comes back. Does anyone know a way I can work around this through scripting? Maybe by adding a move check before status effects in the script and then making it play a different animation?

Attached are the animation files though for those that want them. For those that may miss it on the essentials wiki: Remember that the charge animation goes after the move animation.

Attachments

• FLY.rar
    1,021 bytes · Views: 19
  • DIG.rar
    30.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Sotireon

Strong pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Hello, I took a look at the animations, and to be sure moves which have a different orientation between player and opponent (like water gun, rollout...) need 2 different animations? One for each side?

I made a water sport and rollout animation but the rollout one isn't correctly placed when used by the opponent so I guess it needs another animation.

Edit : I forgot to ask : rollout is a 5-turn move (if it doesn't miss), so it should be possible to make 5 animations (first rollout will be slow, last one will be fast)?

Another thing, is it possible to delete a pokémon sprite in an animation? For now I just move the sprite outside of the battle window but if someone use a big sprite (legendaries tends to be huge), the top may still be visible.

I'm also looking for the decrease stat sound from B/W... I got the increase sound in the video with all animations, but there isn't the decrease one sadly in.

Yes im very curious about these moves that have split animations listed as
"Move:PSYCHOCUT"
"OppMove:PSYCHOCUT"

Its interesting there needs to be two separate animations for the same move, I understand it has to do with sprite orientation though. What im trying to implement in The animation editor is creating physical attack animations for things like TACKLE and QUICK ATTACK. What I'm dyyyiinngg to see is the sprites actually move across the screen to literally "Tackle" the opposing pokemon sprite!!! Every ***** pokemon game whether its on the gameboy or 3DS ceases to show Pokemon sprites or even 3D models traveling ACROSS the screen to physically attack one another.!!!!! That's all I want to see!!!! So disappointed with XY when Eevee uses Tackle, jumps forward a little , but can't jump all the way and collide into Charmander!!! That's all I want to see. Pokemon as a franchise is very cheap with animations as they never show movement ACROSS screen with pokemon interacting with each other. Im not saying we need fully animated physical attacks or sprite sheets for every single pokemon. NO!!! Just throw the sprite across the screen already and show some interaction for once in your years Pokemon!!!!!!
----So anyways I was able to edit the "Tackle" animation in Essentials , click user sprite Pikachu and do "extrapolate path" to move Pikachu's sprite all the way across the screen to collide with the opposing target, Charizard. When u play the "Opp Animation" Charizard goes offscreen...ughhh ... So I know I need to make a 2nd animation for Tackle as "OppMove:TACKLE" ....... Which I did do. Unfortunately, when I played the game, my user pokemon has the new dynamic Tackle animation but the opposing Bulbasaur is still going offscreen when it uses Tackle, so the game is not loading my "OppMove:TACKLE" file :(
Is there something else that needs to be edited to designate that TACKLE now has 2 different animations like WATER GUN and PSYCHO CUT? Im so desperate to make this work!!!! Please let me know if any of you guys know how to implement this!!

Back