• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lava_Princess

Princess of Everything Burning
Years
I have Heart Gold and I love it so much aaaah. I still love playing it. I love being able to talk to my Pokemon.

Years
That's the feature I'm most psyched about!

My father scolded me for my love of pokemon ;-; seeing that I'm 18 and all.

POKEMON IS TIMELESS, AND SO IS MY LOVE.

╥.╥

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
HG/SS is the best, I love the walking Pokemin thing, I like seeing the overworld sprites shiny too, thats really cool. Im training for Red in Soul Silver. I gotta beat him so I can get my other starters.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I couldn't finish HG when I got it, lol. :( I was still in my Pokemon slump then, but even now remakes in general just don't appeal to me.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
My father scolded me for my love of pokemon ;-; seeing that I'm 18 and all.

Why?

When someone genuinely enjoys something, that harms no one, why can't they enjoy it? And why does it seem to differ from place to place what is acceptable to like?

I am 20, and Pokemon is really quite common around here. Most fans I know are actually older than I am.

Years
Why?

When someone genuinely enjoys something, that harms no one, why can't they enjoy it? And why does it seem to differ from place to place what is acceptable to like?

I am 20, and Pokemon is really quite common around here. Most fans I know are actually older than I am.
Well, he just thinks I need to grow out of these childish games. I've been in love with pokemon since it first came out in 1995-96 and I never stopped the love coming. It's just a small passion and stress relieve of mine and it really is annoying when someone nags you about it EVERY SINGLE TIME they catch you playing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I will never grow out of Pokemon. ;x The problem with my age group is that people will say "OMG I LOVE POKEMON" and then will only like R/B/G/S and I'll get so....incredibly....angry

Years
I will never grow out of Pokemon. ;x The problem with my age group is that people will say "OMG I LOVE POKEMON" and then will only like R/B/G/S and I'll get so....incredibly....angry

That's no good, you'll end up losing weight.

I get annoyed when people claim they are into something but it turns out that they have just scratched the surface of the matter or they are inconsistent with it - like on and off with the hobby or whatever.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I probably won't either but, hah? I don't really get what you meant Touj haha, isn't it more like the other way around, when people say they love Pokémon and they only like 4th/5th gen? Cause that's something of "our" agegroup specifically because we grew up with the first few generations.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well people my age will have played the first two and then not any of the new ones and then they'll claim they LOVE POKEMON SO MUCH and won't even know anything about it and it just makes me so mad haha.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Ooh like that, yeah I guess I can see that. Even though I like the previous generations more I did play the newer games and I'm actively playing competitive so I'm all good hahaha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah at least you're aware of the newer games and are making a choice "I don't like them as much as the old ones", the people I'm talking about are the kind that latched onto Pokemon back when it was a fad and then drifted off when it stopped being a fad and haven't cared about it at all since then haha.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Yeah no that's annoying, I agree with you on that. I guess one of my former friends was like that, she played it because I did and we were friends at the moment and then she totally grew out of it when we stopped seeing eachother, but I can easily imagine her saying that she's a Pokémon fan just to.. have something incommon with me haha. Or however you'd describe that.

Years
I completely understand what you guys are talking about, I could see some of my "friends" saying that, just to appear "cute" or cool, I suppose.

Sanguinius

Lt. Ral
Years
Yeah at least you're aware of the newer games and are making a choice "I don't like them as much as the old ones", the people I'm talking about are the kind that latched onto Pokemon back when it was a fad and then drifted off when it stopped being a fad and haven't cared about it at all since then haha.

The people like that don't actually bother me that much. The ones that get to me are the Pokemon hipsters who hate on anyone who enjoys any of the games from Gen III on. If they don't enjoy the newer games, that's cool; if they don't have the time or money to pick up the newer games, but like to reminisce about how much they enjoyed the old games, that's cool too. It's when they try to tell you that the newer games are bad and that you should feel bad for liking them - that's what bothers me D:<

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
Well people my age will have played the first two and then not any of the new ones and then they'll claim they LOVE POKEMON SO MUCH and won't even know anything about it and it just makes me so mad haha.

At least you don't have to deal with people in my age group not knowing what a Bulbasaur is. ALLOFMYRAGE.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Outside of forums, I've rarely had to deal with the "x generation is the best and z generation sucks" people. My group of friends who play Pokemon, we pretty much discuss all generations of the franchise. Though I admittedly check out of the conversation whenever the anime starts being discussed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Each generation has its own good and bad points, and I for one am hard-pressed to call one a "favorite" or to say one is downright "horrible."

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Everybody I know in real life is pretty much of the opinion that Gen 1 is good and the rest are crap. To be honest, it's just the sign of a casual Pokemon fan who can't be bothered changing with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back