• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
How can I use NSE to edit the textbox? I loaded and changed it on there, pressed 'Insert -> Image Data', then save, however it just causes the game to go into a crashing frenzy (problems loading the first textbox image I presume?) ><.

Pic:
Spoiler:

I have also attempted it by repointing the data to a 100% safe zone, but the same thing happens. If I reinsert the original back in then it works fine. ;_;

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
How can I use NSE to edit the textbox? I loaded and changed it on there, pressed 'Insert -> Image Data', then save, however it just causes the game to go into a crashing frenzy (problems loading the first textbox image I presume?) ><.

Pic:
Spoiler:

I have also attempted it by repointing the data to a 100% safe zone, but the same thing happens. If I reinsert the original back in then it works fine. ;_;

Are you inserting it with compression? If not, that might be your problem.

link12552

decade club
Years

Pic:
Spoiler:

1. No the image does not have to be compressed.
  2. It also looks like you are trying to import a "Type2" text-box in the "Type1" slot... don't do that!
  3. Do not edit any part of the image in this red box!

Textbox.png

That should fix up any issue you're having :)

P.S. Attached are the original Type1 and 2 sprites in-case you need them

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
Mac rom hack

[SIZE="a"]I am trying to hack a rom on a Mac. I can't code so I need some ideas on programs (like advanced map) that work on macs. Remember macs can't read exe files. Please help! I can hack any game so just include the game(s) it works on. Thank you.[/SIZE]

supershadow64ds

Confused Noob Programmer
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Day Night Seasons Tool Help

I recently downloaded a tool called Day Night Seasons. I have successfully inserted a day/night cycle into my Pokemon Fire Red hack, but I am asking for scripting help on how to display the time/day of the week. (I am a horrible noob at VAR hacking :cer_confused: ) So uh yeah... :t201-h: :t201-e: :t201-l: :t201-p:

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
I think that question was already asked but is there any program that can be used to modify abilities(Not ability which pokemon has, but description of ability itself) and also a program for Item modifying?

redriders180

Years
I think that question was already asked but is there any program that can be used to modify abilities(Not ability which pokemon has, but description of ability itself) and also a program for Item modifying?
For item modifying, try Item Manager, which can be downloaded here. It allows you to create new items in the unused space, change which pocket things go in, and the description, along with the ASM code to execute when used.

I recently downloaded a tool called Day Night Seasons. I have successfully inserted a day/night cycle into my Pokemon Fire Red hack, but I am asking for scripting help on how to display the time/day of the week. (I am a horrible noob at VAR hacking :cer_confused: ) So uh yeah... :t201-h: :t201-e: :t201-l: :t201-p:
The time of the day is written to certain parts of the memory, as follows:
Year: two bytes, 0x0300553C
Filler/Day of the week: one byte, 0x0300553E
Month: one byte, 0x0300553F
Day: one byte, 0x03005540
Filler: one byte, 0x03005541
Hour: one byte, 0x03005542
Minute: one byte, 0x03005543
Second: one byte, 0x03005544

Also, the memory offset for variable 0x8004 is [FONT=&quot]0x020370c0.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
So, all you need to do is incorporate the following:
[/FONT]

Code:
copybyte 0x020370C0 OFFSET_OF_WHICHEVER_TIME_YOU_NEED
This will store the whichever time you chose into variable 0x8004. For example:

Spoiler:

Would load the year to 0x8004, buffer it, and display it in a message. You need to use copybyte twice, because the year is two bytes long. But since variables are two bytes, the year is still in only one variable.

Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
For item modifying, try Item Manager, which can be downloaded here. It allows you to create new items in the unused space, change which pocket things go in, and the description, along with the ASM code to execute when used.
Thanks... But how to edit item discription here? 0_0

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks... But how to edit item discription here? 0_0

What you want to do is open up XSE, and make a script like this=

------

#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @Description
= This is my new item!

------

You will then get an offset when you compile it to the ROM, for arguments sake we'll use 0x800016

You will then put '800016' into the description box, and the description should change.

Description.png

Voilà.

supershadow64ds

Confused Noob Programmer
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023

The time of the day is written to certain parts of the memory, as follows:
Year: two bytes, 0x0300553C
Filler/Day of the week: one byte, 0x0300553E
Month: one byte, 0x0300553F
Day: one byte, 0x03005540
Filler: one byte, 0x03005541
Hour: one byte, 0x03005542
Minute: one byte, 0x03005543
Second: one byte, 0x03005544

Also, the memory offset for variable 0x8004 is [FONT=&quot]0x020370c0.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
So, all you need to do is incorporate the following:
[/FONT]

Code:
copybyte 0x020370C0 OFFSET_OF_WHICHEVER_TIME_YOU_NEED
This will store the whichever time you chose into variable 0x8004. For example:

Spoiler:

Would load the year to 0x8004, buffer it, and display it in a message. You need to use copybyte twice, because the year is two bytes long. But since variables are two bytes, the year is still in only one variable.

Good luck!
I have little to no knowledge on what you just said, but I am certain that the script you used is exclusive to Xtreme Script Editor. Unfortunately, I use PokeScript, and I have searched and searched but I have yet to find Xtreme Script Editor.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
fx9i5d.jpg

I just started making a new hack and it's the first time I started working with map connections. However, if I go from the top map to the bottom map, my top map gets glitched as shown above. When I return to the top map and walk around it disappears (when it gets in the non-viewable part and then back to the viewable part it's normal again), but if I go back to the bottom map, it gets glitched again.

What causes this and how can I solve it?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
fx9i5d.jpg

I just started making a new hack and it's the first time I started working with map connections. However, if I go from the top map to the bottom map, my top map gets glitched as shown above. When I return to the top map and walk around it disappears (when it gets in the non-viewable part and then back to the viewable part it's normal again), but if I go back to the bottom map, it gets glitched again.

What causes this and how can I solve it?

It's because your 2 maps have different secondary tilesets. One way is to make both share the same secondary tilesets, or not use those tiles in that map right away. It's perfectly normal.

redriders180

Years
I have little to no knowledge on what you just said, but I am certain that the script you used is exclusive to Xtreme Script Editor. Unfortunately, I use PokeScript, and I have searched and searched but I have yet to find Xtreme Script Editor.

I don't know anything about Pokescript, although I'm pretty sure that if all else fails, you can use raws. copybyte is the same as #raw 0x15, so you can either look at the list of commands pokescript uses, and find which is 0x15, or just script with raws, which I think is used quite often when using pokescript.

Also, insert the obligatory speech about how XSE is better than Pokescript. use whichever you want, you can always change later.

redriders180

Years
Hey, I have a question.
http://pastebin.com/nnsUY5sG <--- This has my script in it. This script should be that a person gives you an HM03 and then you fight them, but instead it does nothing. Can you help? I'm using PKSV. And I'm a noob at scripting. Please help!

Call me crazy, but I don't think flag 0x8740517 exists. Maybe try changing it to an actual flag, such as 0x100 or something.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
How using unLZ.GBA I can found overworld trainers sprites in Emerland Rom? What numbers are they?

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
When I try to put music into my rom using Sappy, I get this error message:
Code:
Pub.s:19: unavailable op-code "and"
Assembly halted.

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back