• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are Game Freak going all-in with legendaries in every game now?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
judging by the promotional video this morning, it's looking like for the second Generation in a row, every legendary (ignoring version exclusivity) will be obtainable in Ultra Sun & Moon. do you think this trend will continue and what are your thoughts on it?

personally, I do like catching legendaries, but to me it feels like a bit of a desperation move to keep the multiple versions relevant. having two versions has always been a pure marketing ploy and adding a bunch of legendaries onto that feels like a bittt of a cash grab. that said, it's not doing any harm, and if it's just in the postgame i see no reason to actively complain about it.

Years
I'm of the mindset that, since USUM are the last games on the 3DS, there's no good reason not to shove in as many legendaries as possible.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
I guess USUM is in a bit of a unique situation in that it is the last set of games on the 3DS and thus the last chance people will have to obtain the ledendaries on that system. The game itself seems to be a celebration and deliberate culmination of everything that has come before, so it makes sense for the legendaries to be present here (particularly the mascot ones).

Game Freak have also talked about wanting these games to appeal to new players who have come on board after playing Pok?mon Go. Having the legendaries available for them without overwhelming them by forcing them to play though multiple older games in order to complete their Pokedexes makes sense.

Last edited:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I think it's also for the sake of every Pok?mon being possible to get with the Generation VII origin marking (the black clover) , just like thanks to ORAS, all legendaries (and even one mythical Pok?mon) could be obtained with the blue pentagon.

Years
By the way, as far as every subsequent game afterwards, I more or less expect Game Freak to follow the same pattern that they've always have: don't put a whole lot of legendaries in the first set of games of a given generation, and then go wild when it comes to the third games/sequels.

Although, the question does remain whether or not it'd even be necessary to catch legendaries all over again in Gen 8.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
<p>I get going all-out if it is the last 3DS game but hopefully that doesn't mean we'll be unable to transfer Pok?mon to Switch games - that's kinda my worry.</p>

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
<p>I get going all-out if it is the last 3DS game but hopefully that doesn't mean we'll be unable to transfer Pok?mon to Switch games - that's kinda my worry.</p>

This.

I have a living dex in Bank with one of every single species plus every single form of ones like Vivillon. Now that I can transfer them to Sun/Moon I don't feel there's any point to catching everything anymore. I'm hoping once the series moves to the Switch I'll be able to start from scratch all over again and rediscover the fun of catching 'em all.

Back