• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Would you prefer more things to do in-game or more Pokémon noises? Personally, I choose the former.

Cyclone
The 3DS game cart can hold up to 8GB and considering they would be replacing the current "cries" with another sound clip, it wouldn't be taking up any more space than already being used, or at least hardly more. As for in-game content, do you really think Game Freak will put 8GB worth of data on a $40 game? Not really. A company won't put more work than necessary into a game because in the end it's still a product of a business and profit is what they're looking for. Even if they would revamp and have the pokemon say their names instead of having cries, it still wouldn't be the best of quality sounds to keep it about the same sizes as the current sound data.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I highly doubt that'll ever happen. All starter Pokémon have been able to walk on land at this point, and well a dolphin (unless they do something weird to it) a can't.

Why? Do you have any proof they won't? Show me proof and I'll believe you. Everyone's entitled to believe whatever the heck they want whether it's right or wrong. And who says they can't make it walk on land. The starter Totodile, walks on two legs and it's based off an alligator that walks on 4 legs. So, they could do the same thing with a dolphin.

blue

gucci
Years
I can see a Dolphin Pokemon being more of a stand alone Pokemon with no evolutions, similar to Qwilfish, Tauros, Maractus, Miltank etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Same here, unless they do a baby dolphin.

Speaking of evolutions do you think we'll have another
Octillery/Masqerain line evolution where a pokémon turns into an entirely different species.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Same here, unless they do a baby dolphin.

Speaking of evolutions do you think we'll have another
Octillery/Masqerain line evolution where a pokémon turns into an entirely different species.

It's definitely possible~

You know what? I actually love to see more evolutions like that; it's like, expect the unexpected, you know? Like it blewwwwwwwwwww my mind when I found out that Trapinch can evolve to Vibrava; I'd love to see more unexpected evolutions!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah, sometime the unexpected evolutions are the coolest. Like from going from Drantini to Dragonite. They look nothing alike. It adds a surprise. But they can't just get a bird and evolve it into a lizard, there has to be some reasonable thought behind it or it just looks silly!

TheRiddler

Rouge
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I was so upset when Tauros didn't evolve into bouffalant I hope they do not do that again

blue

gucci
Years
I reaaaally like this idea, although it's not likely it's still a really neat evolution line.
mooby___fake_prevo_for_miltank_and_tauros_by_jamalpokemon-d55hmvz.jpg

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I was so upset when Tauros didn't evolve into bouffalant I hope they do not do that again

I'm pretty sure Bouffalant is an entirely different animal that it's based on, where as Tauros was based off a male cattle.

Either way, Samurott is actually a fusion between a seal and an otter in Generation V. I surely hope nothing like that happens again to the starters. :P

TheRiddler

Rouge
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I also want to know what new Eevee evolution we are going to get, seeing all the speculations online I hope it is either flying, fighting, or dragon. That would be so BA to see a dragon Eevee

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I also want to know what new Eevee evolution we are going to get, seeing all the speculations online I hope it is either flying, fighting, or dragon. That would be so BA to see a dragon Eevee

The whole thing with Eeveelutions, though, is that they adapt to their environment - that's what the Eevee line is all about. There isn't really an environment that an Eevee could adapt to that would make it evolve into a Fighting- or Dragon-type Pokemon, I'm afraid. (That said, there are environments that could result in Poison- or Ghost-type Eeveelutions, imo)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Why? Do you have any proof they won't? Show me proof and I'll believe you. Everyone's entitled to believe whatever the heck they want whether it's right or wrong. And who says they can't make it walk on land. The starter Totodile, walks on two legs and it's based off an alligator that walks on 4 legs. So, they could do the same thing with a dolphin.

In Totodile's case they based it off an animal that already has legs and made him a bipedal aka why Feraligatr still has four legs yet can walk on two. In the case of this Dolphin starter...there are no legs and it'd be a pokemon forced to live in the water.

This defeats the point of a dolphin ever being a starter pokemon for children because in the Pokemon canon the starter pokemon are supposed to be easy to train while pokemon based on fish/aquatic animals are limited to being near a body of water, or in it!

Dolphins don't live outside of water lol

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I'll probably be one of those people who will preorder it, but I still need to play Black 2 first...and get a 3DS too. xD

I'm actually excited about these games!

Yeah, me too (except that I haven't even played Black much yet even though I have both it and its sequal and am kind of in the middle of playing through all of the regions in order, starting with Kanto via FireRed.)

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013

People can believe anything they want, whethere they're right or wrong, like you said. In this case you're wrong. Like others have stated, an alligator already has legs and therefore it's not a drastic change to make it just stand up on 2 and have the front legs become arms. As for a Dolphin to grow legs, that would be completely redundant as it would be evolving backwards in time and wouldn't even be a dolphin at that point. If they based the pokemon on a dolphin's ancestors that have legs, that would make sense, but having one that is simply a dolphin with legs, that wouldn't make any sense at all.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Well, that's interesting. o_O Maybe it could take place in a region similar to Unova, perhaps? I do find that quite interesting, though..

I don't think so: the Eiffel Tower is presented prominently both at the beginning of and later on in the trailer; Pikachu fires his electric apocalypse attack from on top of it or a similar structure, and the male protagonist is later seen skating away from it.

Over 700 hundred, eh? Can't wait to see those.

"The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure." I'm interested in seeing how this will work, how the bonds will "deepen".

Maybe through a player level-up system similar to the Kanto badge 'controllable Pokémon level' limits? Though it'll probably be something more…

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The whole thing with Eeveelutions, though, is that they adapt to their environment - that's what the Eevee line is all about. There isn't really an environment that an Eevee could adapt to that would make it evolve into a Fighting- or Dragon-type Pokemon, I'm afraid. (That said, there are environments that could result in Poison- or Ghost-type Eeveelutions, imo)

An Eevee can adapt into being a Dragon as Dragons are highly resilient. A Dragon typed Eevee would pretty much be an end all change really as Dragons can survive in roughly any terrain except Snowy terrain base on Pokemon's Logic. They can Adapt into Steel, Rock, Ground, roughly any type really. To adapt into a Fighting type it would have to live in an area where it has to pretty much fight for its life on a constant cycle.

Eevee doesn't really "Adapt" to anything when it becomes Psychic during the daytime. Night time you can say it adapted because there are drastic changes between Day and night and unless Eevee was strictly Nocturnal which defeats the purpose to "adapting to night".

Adapting is to change to your surroundings. There are manythings Eevee can do to adapt and evolve based on every type currently in use and not yet used.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's right, Espeon's adaption isn't much of a change.
Steel, maybe evolve it in a new location with lots of ore,and Dragon (meteor location?) are what I currently want to see for new eeveelutions. However the sad thing is these two plus Sinnoh's will likely not appear in the remakes as thus far post the generation remade they been left out (2nds in FrLg, qnd 4ths in HgSs).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
That's right, Espeon's adaption isn't much of a change.
Steel, maybe evolve it in a new location with lots of ore,and Dragon (meteor location?) are what I currently want to see for new eeveelutions. However the sad thing is these two plus Sinnoh's will likely not appear in the remakes as thus far post the generation remade they been left out (2nds in FrLg, qnd 4ths in HgSs).

I think they will give a way to evolve Magneton, etc in all future games. Just for conveniences sake.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I kind of think that Generation VI will only introduce one new Eeveelution, from what most of us have speculated on that short movie poster, from the last Katakana character in the title.

But I'm kind of getting this feeling that there might be two, like previous generations. But I think it would be nice even if it was just one new Eeveelution, as long as it's an Eeveelution. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back