• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
At this point, I'd rather speculate about it's competitive ability and it's movepool rather than it's type. .___. That's something that I feel would greatly interest me, but sadly that isn't going to be revealed for a while. xD

The only problem there is that it's extremely difficult to speculate on that until we see it's typing =P I mean, we know it will generally have the same moves that all the Eeveelutions tend to share, but what usually sets them apart is just stat distribution and type-specific moves/abilities. It definitely would be more fun to speculate, but the two things kind of go hand in hand.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You forgot Salamence, Garchomp, Latios, Latias, and Hydreigon. The Latis, in particular, are also common in VGCs, not just Smogon's metagame. Also, keep in mind that Ice Beam and Stone Edge are one of the main reasons why Water and Fighting/Ground are dominant in the first place (Water outclasses Ice for doing everything better, Ground outclasses Rock in terms of offense, and Fighting are equiped with powerful coverage moves).

By that logic, GF shouldn't have made Steel and Dark, because the best way to fix Psychic types back in that day was more Bug and Ghost Pokemon and more Bug and Ghost moves. They also would've given one of the two types a resistance to Psychic types when redoing the type chart.

Game Freak has stated that they do keep an eye on the metagame to see what needs to be fixed based on how often the Pokemon is used. Whether we like it or not, our metagame is slowly being accepted to our community and may someday replace GF's metagame.

So you wish to see Poison types suffer in the low tiers for lacking any boosts? Then what's the point having Poison types in the first place if they're neverused?

Gamefreak watches their own meta. That is all they concern themselves with. They honestly couldn't give a load about Smogon or any other site that runs their own rules on Pokemon battles. The Dragons you named would STILL be on top of everyone's VGC teams because of how strong they are individually. Garchomp can rape without Dragon attacks. Hydreigon can rape without Dragon Attacks. They can all deal massive damage without one of their two types because they have high stats. Three of which are Pseudo and the other two are legendary so they already top over most Pokemon with their 600 BST. A Clefable will not stop their use. (Latter two have their personal item banned from tournament use.)

Blissey already attempts to wall them and is already OU. her changing to Fairy won't change her status nor would her status change how other Pokemon are used to counter her. If anything they've just weakened all of the normal Type Pokemon that shift over. They keep their no bonus vs anything but gain more weaknesses with an unbalanced immunity and Resistance to make them of any real use.

Not all types are made to be powerful. Poison types are made to be weak because their attacks deal extra damage over time. Their use is simply to get in, hit and get out for later if at all possible. The type chart doesn't need any unnecessary balances.

Psychic type in Gen 1 was also the end all beat all type along with Dragon. Ghost, Normal, and Bug were also types that had major changes done to their lists. It wasn't just because of the inclusion of Steel and Dark. The entire list was remodeled to weaken Dragon and Psychic. Such a case does not exist in today's game play.

Even with the mock up we got, it hasn't a high chance to change much at all. Only Pokemon that are already in OU that were listed is Blissey. All of the others are already bottom rung or close to so them gaining more weaknesses would push them even lower and would only really have an effect on NU. Currently shown info barely does anything as far as changes are concerned except weaken already weak Pokemon.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Serebii said:
The episode of Japanese variety show, Pokémon Smash, due to air on May 19th is said to be a massive Pokémon X & Y special featuring Junichi Masuda with lots of information promised. It is likely that this information will be revealed in CoroCoro, which is due for release in Japan on Wednesday, so we could have it any time between now and then, so keep checking back.

Lots of information, eh? New Pokémon? Type revelations? Region name? Town and city names? Characters? I think I'll get my hopes up this time.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Lots of information, eh? New Pokémon? Type revelations? Region name? Town and city names? Characters? I think I'll get my hopes up this time.
It could very well be the region, and the main characters, and rival. Hopefully Smash will show a new trailer, that way we can see the game in action. However most of the info will proably be released in Corocoro and the main sight before Smash comes, unless they put some news aside from the magazine for the episode, but I don't think that's that case.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Moe info on what jsziede mentioned:

According to Pokemon's Japanese website, Junichi Masuda will be appearing on Pokemon Smash May 19th (18th everywhere else.) with lots of info on X and Y, particularly on Slyveon and the new Mewtwo form. (Or at least that's what the screenshot indicates. )
x-y-smash.jpg

"ポケモンゲームの神様・増田さんがポケモンエンタープライズを訪れ、驚 きの最新情報をたくさん届けてくれるぞ!"

(May 19th PokeSmash) "The god of Pokemon Games, Mr. Masuda, will come to the studio and give us LOTS of surprising new info (on Pokemon X/Y)!"

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/smash/

This could mean we finally will get to know Sylveon's typing! I also hope we get some more new info too as well, like new Pokemon and what the new region map looks like and possibly it's name too.

There's also the possibility of info leaked from May's CoroCoro soon since this is the time it's usually leaked. So look forward to that too.

Years
Moe info on what jsziede mentioned:

According to Pokemon's Japanese website, Junichi Masuda will be appearing on Pokemon Smash May 19th (18th everywhere else.) with lots of info on X and Y, particularly on Slyveon and the new Mewtwo form. (Or at least that's what the screenshot indicates. )
x-y-smash.jpg

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/smash/

This could mean we finally will get to know Sylveon's typing! I also hope we get some more new info too as well, like new Pokemon and what the new region map looks like and possibly it's name too.

There's also the possibility of info leaked from May's CoroCoro soon since this is the time it's usually leaked. So look forward to that too.
I sure hope so. I wonder what they'll say about Mewtwo's forme though...other than how we may obtain it that is, it seems too early to be telling us how it changes forme though. I don't beleive Kyurem's forme change method was revealed until after the game was out...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Oh man i can't wait to finally have some legit new info on X/Y!
Hopefully they reveal Sylveon's typing, so we can move away from the
type speculation onto things like possible stats and movesets.
Regarding NewMew, i hope they reveal some info on if it will have anything to do
with the storyline of X/Y? I mean, Mewtwo has been around for years, why give
him a new form now? So i hope we'll be getting details on that.

I would also be interested in having more info on the starters on their evos, maybe revealing some other new pokes, details on the National Dex and how big it's going to be. Revealing some new gameplay mechanics would be awesome too, and i'd love to see some more screenshots from the cities we are going to visit in the new games

Guy

just a guy
Years
There have been a few complaints about how discussion has been going around in circles and people getting tired of talking about the same thing again and again, so I called up GameFreak and told Masuda to make sure they release something BIG this month.

tumblr_lsk25negmM1qbcwn9.gif

i really hope they will reveal sylveon's type, information bout the region and even tell us a little bit about the story line
I wouldn't hold out much hope for that last bit there, as we almost never get details on the storyline until after the game's release.

I'm hoping we get to see some new native Gen VI Pokémon, learn the region name, maybe see a piece of the map, finally learn the types of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Sylveon, and maybe get some protagonist artwork. They've been so slow with news these past few months, it's about time they started picking up their feet and began to actually promote these games.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It could very well be the region, and the main characters, and rival. Hopefully Smash will show a new trailer, that way we can see the game in action. However most of the info will proably be released in Corocoro and the main sight before Smash comes, unless they put some news aside from the magazine for the episode, but I don't think that's that case.

I was expecting the new trailer to be revealed in Nintendo Direct rather than Smash, because that will attract more audiences outside of the Pokemon community to be hyped up for the game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just a reminder to everyone. "Big" announcements don't mean what we always think they mean. It can literally be 1 new Pokemon or they may give us a new video of Xerneaus and Yveltal in their proper game graphics.

What ever Smash has to say keep your expectations low so you don't get disappointed.

Though....Watch Sylveon Dragon Type for the lulz

I was expecting the new trailer to be revealed in Nintendo Direct rather than Smash, because that will attract more audiences outside of the Pokemon community to be hyped up for the game.

I don't expect Nintendo to do any more revealing for Pokemon especially since they aren't hosting a major presentation at E3 this year.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There have been a few complaints about how discussion has been going around in circles and people getting tired of talking about the same thing again and again, so I called up GameFreak and told Masuda to make sure they release something BIG this month.
You're doing a fantastic jo-...hey, WAIT...

The fact that the big guy is scheduled to be on Smash in mid-May is telling. This will be a big month, folks. I'll eat my shirt if I'm wrong.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
Well I wonder what else they have to announce, I don't think Sylveon's typing along would be branded as a " a massive Pokémon X & Y special featuring Junichi Masuda with lots of information promised". Hopefully we'll get that and more by the looks of things.

Years
Just a reminder to everyone. "Big" announcements don't mean what we always think they mean. It can literally be 1 new Pokemon or they may give us a new video of Xerneaus and Yveltal in their proper game graphics.

What ever Smash has to say keep your expectations low so you don't get disappointed.

Though....Watch Sylveon Dragon Type for the lulz

I don't expect Nintendo to do any more revealing for Pokemon especially since they aren't hosting a major presentation at E3 this year.
True, however Sylveon's type doesn't warrant as a big announcement for me, however it will be a big relief to finally know. Hopefully Corocoro will really have something worthy of being called big if Smash doesn't.

blue

gucci
Years
At this point I'd be happy with any trailer or announcement, regardless of how anti climactic it may be. It seems like news flow has been slow these last couple of months.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years

Nintendo said that it's doing a bunch of Nintendo Directs around the time of E3 for consumers who, unlike the media and business aficionados to whom Nintendo will present information at the event, won't be there instead of the usual hullabaloo surrounding its annual presentation. Therefore, we'll still get lots of information around that time even though I hope that the upcoming Pokémon Smash episode and CoroCoro leak give us a ton of information which we can all analyze to kingdom come or death, whichever comes first.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I see Sylveon's type being significant news in the event that it is a new type, that would be a fairly significant announcement but Im not getting my hopes up for that. I want to know some game info, info on the Player Characters, region, maybe show us a human character or two. We litterally know almost nothing about any of that. I want some real info we can discuss and speculate on.

Years
Well I wonder what else they have to announce, I don't think Sylveon's typing along would be branded as a " a massive Pokémon X & Y special featuring Junichi Masuda with lots of information promised". Hopefully we'll get that and more by the looks of things.

As already mentioned though, 'big' often means 'not quite as big as we're expecting'. I gotta agree with XanderO and I'm not going to think about it too much in the event that it's something... stoopid.

I'm glad that the Pokémon shown outside of the initial trailer have been related to past Pokémon (Sylveon, the new Mewtwo form)- personally, I'd like to see one or two NEW new Pokémon. I may be wrong, but it didn't take them nearly this long to reveal more new Pokémon for the likes of DP or BW, so it's a bit frustrating that we STILL only have the starters and two legendaries to go on.

I'd kinda like to see the legendary trio (as in the sub-legendary trio, like the Musketeers/Elves/Golems/Beasts/Birds).

Years
Yeah, BW had like 2 new mons every month after it's official announcement. With X and Y we get...Sylveon in February, and Mewtwo forme in April. However we did get the starters and mascots together so not all was bad.
Maybe corocoro will have a snippet of the antagonist, that way we can speculate on what they may want based on their uniforms...which considering Aqua,Galactic, and BW plasma they fit quite well with the teams goal. Pirate look for water, Spacewomen and men for space,and Knight Templar expy for a team with a templar like goal, and a conspirary inside of it too for added measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back