• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon The Movie Game (BETA 3.1 RELEASED!)

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
I'll get to fixing on the back sprite.
The reason why I do trainer battles instead of wild battles (and probably why others do it as well) is that it doesn't allow you to catch Pokémon that I don't want you to catch at least not yet.

There are scripts out there that can force no catching Pokémon, maybe they could be of use?

I'm making a comparison because other fan games have done it as well. Some of which are well-known like Reborn. So it's not the oddest thing you can see in a fan game, especially one found in this section.

Yeah understandable but I didn't know what Reborn was until I searched for it. But the reason is not that he's copying Reborn, the reason is something different, as a developer, I like to listen to other developers techniques, so when someone tells me a reason that is not true, I can only wonder why! Nonetheless, the developer has responded to my question. But I appreciated a response from you.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
There are scripts out there that can force no catching Pokémon, maybe they could be of use?

Yeah understandable but I didn't know what Reborn was until I searched for it. But the reason is not that he's copying Reborn, the reason is something different, as a developer, I like to listen to other developers techniques, so when someone tells me a reason that is not true, I can only wonder why! Nonetheless, the developer has responded to my question. But I appreciated a response from you.

It is true that you can get scripts that force a trainer to not catch a Pokémon and it would be better than what I'm doing now, but I'm not bothered to be honest. It's just too much hassle to go and put the script in my game then go back and fix all the Pokémon only trainer battles so they're wild battles. I hope you can understand that.
Also I have to admit something, going back to LastOne's argument about me doing the same thing as other popular Pokémon RPG games. Another reason why I do the Uncatchable Pokémon battles this way because I saw another Pokémon RPG Maker game doing it that way. (An old abandoned game called Pokémon Manga Red.) That was when I was starting to get the hang of Pokémon essentials as well.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
That's no problem, good to know the reasons behind things... I figured it was more hassle doing it your way since you'd have to edit the pbs files and make events, instead of flicking a switch before battle lol, but no worries.

It obviously doesn't bother many people, guess I'm being picky.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
That's no problem, good to know the reasons behind things... I figured it was more hassle doing it your way since you'd have to edit the pbs files and make events, instead of flicking a switch before battle lol, but no worries.

It obviously doesn't bother many people, guess I'm being picky.
Like I said it was when I was starting to get the hang of Pokémon essentials and it was the first time I was thought how to do battles this way so I immediately got use to it even if it was a longer process.
Don't worry about being picky, you're right to point that out. :)

Sam24

Sam24
Years
There is a problem with my browser so I cant download from Onedrive
Well here you go. Hopefully this works for you. If it does then remember to give feedback. ;)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
If this game is still alive I need help. Whenever i play in the options screen or in the screen where you confirm ur name the cursor thing to choose options is always at the bottom as if something is mashing the down button super fast. If it helps I also am playing Pokemon Insurgence on RPG maker

Sam24

Sam24
Years
If this game is still alive I need help. Whenever i play in the options screen or in the screen where you confirm ur name the cursor thing to choose options is always at the bottom as if something is mashing the down button super fast. If it helps I also am playing Pokemon Insurgence on RPG maker
Have you tried running the game in compadability mode?

Sam24

Sam24
Years
UPDATE 20/08/15
I'm back for another small update.
I've finished the story for Movie 5 and i'm moving onto the Hoenn movies.
Speaking of Hoenn I actually have a question tileset wise.
Most people would say when you're making a game you should only use one style when you're making a game. Since my game focuses on going around multiple regions I've wanted to make the tilesets to match each region.
For the majority of the game I've used a few Fire Red/Leaf Green tilesets mixed with a few of my own to match. (Except for Arborville)
Now I'm wondering what sprites I should use now i'm moving into Hoenn.
Should I change to RSE tiles or should I do something else.
Also sorry but no screencaps today. Hope you can forgive me.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
You should try to stick to one style, I would use the FRLG tiles still even though you are making Hoenn. I doubt you'll be using any of the regular Hoenn maps anyways. It doesn't look right when you switch styles suddenly.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
You should try to stick to one style, I would use the FRLG tiles still even though you are making Hoenn. I doubt you'll be using any of the regular Hoenn maps anyways. It doesn't look right when you switch styles suddenly.
What if I was to use certain Hoenn sprites such as buildings (e.g. Hoenn Pokémon Center) but keep the rest of the sprites Fire red/ Leaf Green? (It's probobly what i'm going to do to Arborville.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 21, 2015
Okay I'm using gba4ios I want to play this game.. It downloads and then it doesn't do anything it's like it stays zipped.. What am I doing wrong???

Sam24

Sam24
Years
UPDATE: 10/10/15
Hey guys.
Kind of cutting it close with this update.
First, remember in my previous update I said I was considering using R/S/E sprites for this game. Well i'm going to go through with it. But I plan on modifying them so that they look like the FR/LG sprites. Here's an example with the Poké Center:
Spoiler:

So what do you think? Good, bad, need some tweaking, tell me! :)
Aside from that i've mainly been just making more modifications.
Butler's Tent
Spoiler:

And Butler himself
Spoiler:

I'll see if I can speed things up here with the progress of this game, but for now here you go!

Sam24

Sam24
Years
UPDATE 09/11/15
Cutting it close again with this update.
So anyway I've started moving on with the story portion of the game and I've started moving a little faster. Hopefully I can get it done quicker than I expected.
Here's the screencaps
Fisrt an actual time sensitive event.
Spoiler:

Then the other story based screencaps
Spoiler:

That's all for now.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
UPDATE 08/11/15
Alright I've almost finished with the story portion of the game. From their it will be adding final adjustments and some new modifications.
Since i'm so close to finishing, this will be the last few screenshots. I plan to get the next update out next update hopefully fingers crossed.
Spoiler:

Back