• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lavender Town- PokeConspiracies and Strange Tales Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Theres a new Creepypasta inspired theme on Hypnos Lulaby!

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Club is kinda inactive. Anyone wanna enliven it? Like a new topic or maybe something like a minigame/activity.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
Anyone read the creepy pasta about the construction area in kanto and geovanni not being the bad guy. It isn't very scary but it makes you think.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Started reading creepy pastas because of this thread so I thought I would join :)

Name: Squidchan
Pick a Pokemon from the list: Absol
What's your favourite Pokemon creepy topic: I enjoy the conspiracy theories and any creepy pastas that are within the Pokemon world itself.
Do you have a favourite character from a Pokemon Creepypasta? Not so far, but I haven't read them all yet.

I'm kinds getting tired of the 'find/buy Pokemon game, something creepy happens, particular Pokemon acts stalkerish, Pokemon turns against player, something creepy happens in real life, all other Pokemon die, death threats to player, player never plays have again' stories, especially the ones that mention creepy pasta itself. Kind of ruins the thrill of it to me. Though one of these types I did enjoy was 'Snow on Mt. Silver'.

As for the topic, I prefer the theory that Ash has been living in his eternal happiness after seeing Ho-oh.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Welcome, Squidchan!

I'm kinds getting tired of the 'find/buy Pokemon game, something creepy happens, particular Pokemon acts stalkerish, Pokemon turns against player, something creepy happens in real life, all other Pokemon die, death threats to player, player never plays have again' stories, especially the ones that mention creepy pasta itself. Kind of ruins the thrill of it to me. Though one of these types I did enjoy was 'Snow on Mt. Silver'.

I agree totally. Unfortunately, this seems to be the default plot for creepypasta. It bothers me too, believe me. That's why I prefer some of the more nontraditional pastas like Loss of Purpose and pretty much anything about Missingno...but to be honest most creepypastas follow that pattern. The specific one you're describing seems to be a Revenge-pasta sort of thing. But an exceptional pasta I've read involving the "messed up game that I bought" pattern is "N's Rage" because it just incorporates so much awesome into one thing. I reccomend it.

As for the topic, I prefer the theory that Ash has been living in his eternal happiness after seeing Ho-oh.

I've always liked that one. I think it makes the most sense. The coma thing is a bit far fetched, but it's certainly one explanation. Another strange one I've heard is that Ash is Red's mentally disabled brother. That's just not true.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Thank you :)

And thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check it out. Right now I'm going alphabetically through the poke pasta wikia page, and I'm up to G. I feel like I need to read all of them just in case one of the above types is actually good.

The Ho-oh theory just make me feel so good and happy. The coma theory just makes me feel kinda sad... The brothers theory I think I read was proven false, and considering you never see Ash in the game or Red in the shows, that gives you the answer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Running out of good pastas to eat read. Anything that is creepy? The real ones that can freak me out, please. Slenderman(or nonpokemon) pastas are accepted, as long as I have something to read.

Also, welcome Squidchan!

Zayphora

Years
Do you like Minecraft? There's a bunch of stuff about that...namely HIM 0_0 yeah...I keep recommending Loss of Purpose and that other one which was interesting "Door's Open"...or if you're looking for something long, and you like LoZ then maybe BEN DROWNED...yeah. There's another one called "White Death" or "Muerto Blanca" that used to freak me out...and then there's an interesting Pokepasta called "Perfect" it's basically another Revenge-style pasta but I like the way it's written.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Running out of good pastas to eat read. Anything that is creepy? The real ones that can freak me out, please. Slenderman(or nonpokemon) pastas are accepted, as long as I have something to read.

Also, welcome Squidchan!

Thank you :)

I have read a creepy pasta recently called Curse, I really enjoyed that one, it makes you really think about the moves Pokemon use.

@Zayphora, I read Loss of Purpose, and I have to agree, that one is really good.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Name:meiza542
Pick a pokemon from the list:MissingNo (GHOST form)
What's your favorite pokemon creepy topic?:Anything that's related to MissingNo.
Do you have a favorite character from pokemon creepypasta:None yet

Zayphora

Years
Welcome to the club, Meiza!

This has been dormant for a while, and my co-owner hasn't been on for at least two months, so let's make a new topic.

What do you like/dislike seeing in a creepypasta?

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Ah, sorry Zay, it's the busy time of the year.

Welcome, Meiza!

As for the topic, if I begin to read a pasta and I see it's based in the Pokèmon world (as opposed to the task would where the pastas are about the games), I'll read on eagerly! The thing I dislike about a lot of pastas is when they are based in the game and then manifest into the real world. Especially when they tell me it really actually happened and to believe them... It seems so insulting to my intelligence.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Welcome meiza542!

What do you like/dislike seeing in a creepypasta?

Well, let's see....

Likes:Death involved. Violence, distortion of images. Epic glitch. Lost episodes.
Dislikes:Ghost stuff, seriously they are extremely boring(except those that suddenly pop up). Zombies(some). "Adventure".

Zayphora

Years
Likes- Glitches, especially Missingno.; anything that involves inverted/reversed colors or characters, any retellings of famous pastas, as long as they're well written; things that occur within the Pokeworld itself instead of through a player who has a strange experience with a game, things in which the characters in a game "come alive" and realize that they are in a game, a la Glitchy Red.

Dislikes- Crappy Revenge-pasta, things where the game knows your real name, any pasta with tons of stereotypes (i.e. LT Music, missing arms, Curse) that are out of context, anything badly written, anything super-gory, dirty, or violent.

I'm picky! xD

Zayphora

Years
Okay. This club's been dead for quite a while, almost a month, and I'd like to bring up a new topic.
With the arrival of X&Y, do you think the creepypasta tradition will live on, or die out with the new generation?

Crux

Evermore
Years
That's kind of a strange question, i'd imagine so. (Sorry, been really inactive!)
Hell, with the 3D aspect on the horizon prepare to see countless crappy 'they were sucked into the game/the character escaped from the game' pastas.
Some people just shouldn't write horror. :l

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
With the arrival of X&Y, do you think the creepypasta tradition will live on, or die out with the new generation?

I don't see any reason to why pokepasta would die out, since it's not really anything that can ever have an end to it. There may be a chance that good creepypasta might die out, seeing how they kinda started to decline in quality with the fifth generation, however that's all about the writers, not the tradition.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Name: YamaskUnchained
Pick a pokemon from the list: Yamask (duh)
What's your favorite Pokemon creepy topic?: Lavender Town is a good classic since I grew up with it
Do you have a favorite character from a Pokemon Creepypasta?: Red from LostSilver

As for the question, it will live on. Will good ones exist? We'll see if new writers turn up out of the younger generation where X/Y is either their second or third generation in their lifetime.

One of the creepiest things for Pokemon in my eyes isn't even a CreepyPasta really, its just there. Champion Red just standing there at the end of Silver/Gold I believe it is. You go through the whole game, whoop everyone, beat the elite league and reign supreme. Then you trek into the cave and he's just there.....No mention of him really prior, no motive for him to just be standing there, dead-like waiting for anything like a true challenge. He just seems like something you happened upon after the game and he holds on to the fact of being the true champion....

Almost inspires me to write a Creepy Pasta about it. Maybe about him being shunned from society after becoming power hungry. Beats the Elite Four for the first time, captures a Mewtwo, trains all his pokemon to high levels and ran rampant through the region destroying every trainer he came across. He was then run out of the region and forced to become reclusive in his cave just standing there thinking about the time when he had it all and how he IS the true pokemon league champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back