• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I spent some time searching Emerald for the battle menu text like

"Wild ____ appeared!"

for example, and couldn't find it. I don't think anyone has the offset, are Emerald's hex values different from R/S/FR/LG? (I tried both.)

Fortunado

Prof. Hemlock is busy now...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
I've been through alot of tough problems and I'd like to think I'm a good scripter, but I'm running into probally the most simple problem.

I can't seem to get wild pokemon to appear in my new map!

Its a Cave by the way, and putting actual grass in it would mess up the look of the cave, but I went to other caves in the game to figure it out and they are set up a Grass, so thats what I did in the wild pokemon header view.

I chose the grass option, then set the Encounter Ratio, and filled out the Pokemon data (all the way!)

But to no avail I get no Pokemon action.

Anyone know what to do?

Have you tried to change the area type to Cave? I don't know if that would help, but it seems to work when I do it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
Any way of using D/P/Pt overworlds (Dawn, Lucas, Barry, etc.) in Fire Red?

Trying to replace the girl/heroine to Dawn.

cheshirecat

A Tad Insane
Years
Hey everyone, two quick questions about some problems I'm having.

1. I've created some caves and the warps are working fine except when the character warps in he is facing down when he should be facing up (or the direction you entered). Any way to fix this?

2. All my warps work except for the cave exit (the lit door you use to exit a cave). It has the warp in front of the actual door as well as one on it. You cannot walk on the door itself but you have a C permission tile where the warp is. Right now the character walks where the warp should be but it is not warping to the new map. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey everyone, two quick questions about some problems I'm having.

1. I've created some caves and the warps are working fine except when the character warps in he is facing down when he should be facing up (or the direction you entered). Any way to fix this?

2. All my warps work except for the cave exit (the lit door you use to exit a cave). It has the warp in front of the actual door as well as one on it. You cannot walk on the door itself but you have a C permission tile where the warp is. Right now the character walks where the warp should be but it is not warping to the new map. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

There is a second 'generic cave floor' tile in each of the various cave tilesets which has different attributes to the regular cave floor tiles. It has a behaviour byte of 0x65 which makes an downwards arrow appear when you step on it, allows you to use warps and correctly faces the player's OW upwards when entering the cave.

It is generally at the top of the cave tileset and will solve all of your problems :)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I spent some time searching Emerald for the battle menu text like

"Wild ____ appeared!"

for example, and couldn't find it. I don't think anyone has the offset, are Emerald's hex values different from R/S/FR/LG? (I tried both.)
0x005CBB47 It's around that offset. Look there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Question about tile animations on its way:

I was experimenting a little with tiles on Fire Red and I figured I wanted a sand dune tile that the player could walk through and encounter ground and desert pokemon. So I decided to use the rarely-used sea tiles that you only really see at the Sevii Islands and changed their colour to a sandy colour. I changed the behaviour bytes to the same as those found on regular sand, 21 and 00, with 21 signifying footprints.

I also changed the background byte to 00 and 01, with 01 signifying grass encounters but without the grass animation.

When I run the ROM it is still water animation, still blue with moving waves instead of the static golden waves I had hoped for.

Is it possible to remove the water animation or will I need to find another way to put sand dune tiles on the ROM?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Question about tile animations on its way:

I was experimenting a little with tiles on Fire Red and I figured I wanted a sand dune tile that the player could walk through and encounter ground and desert pokemon. So I decided to use the rarely-used sea tiles that you only really see at the Sevii Islands and changed their colour to a sandy colour. I changed the behaviour bytes to the same as those found on regular sand, 21 and 00, with 21 signifying footprints.

I also changed the background byte to 00 and 01, with 01 signifying grass encounters but without the grass animation.

When I run the ROM it is still water animation, still blue with moving waves instead of the static golden waves I had hoped for.

Is it possible to remove the water animation or will I need to find another way to put sand dune tiles on the ROM?

I think you might be able to remove it with an animation editor, which I forget where I seen it. Or you can manually move the tile on the actual tileset to another position because thats wherer the animation is set to be. Not the block editor but the tileset.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
POKEPIC HELP!

When ever I try to insert a pokemon into pokepic
BOOM

123.png

HELP ME!!!

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Does anyone know how to export all sprites in a rom at once??
like every pokemon sprite ive inserted in my hack i want to export them now...but im to lazy to export them one by one so is it able with NSE or another tool to export the pokemon sprites all at once?
reposting mah post:P...............

link12552

decade club
Years
The problem is that D/P/Pt OWs are bigger than GBA OWs. Can't import OWs exceeding 16x32. Resizing sprites blurs the pixels.

Then re-size the OW's to 32x32 in NSE [Classic] Edit>> Preferences
Change the size and save "ALL" NOT INDEX
Make sure you backup frequently while doing this, because errors have happened.
Also, the way I wrote NSE classic you might have to click the change palette button after you change the size.

reposting mah post:P...............
If it's that important to you and if your using Firered Leafgreen or Emerald VM me and I'll write a quick plugin for ya (at least for the Pokemon sprites) :P

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Does anyone know how to export all sprites in a rom at once??
like every pokemon sprite ive inserted in my hack i want to export them now...but im to lazy to export them one by one so is it able with NSE or another tool to export the pokemon sprites all at once?
RSball should be enough. Well that is all I have to say about that...

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Hi, as is obvious I'm hacking a pokemon game, and I had one question that has bugged me for a long time, but I've never been able to find the answer.

When hacking FireRed, is it possible to change the script of Oak's intro? (Not what he says, but like make it so that you take out the part where you choose the rival's name, etc.)

Thanks!
~BLAZE

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Hi, as is obvious I'm hacking a pokemon game, and I had one question that has bugged me for a long time, but I've never been able to find the answer.

When hacking FireRed, is it possible to change the script of Oak's intro? (Not what he says, but like make it so that you take out the part where you choose the rival's name, etc.)

Thanks!
~BLAZE

Not without using ASM. But removing the rival has been done by a few people now, so you know it's possible.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

Thanks!
~BLAZE
Jambo51 released a hack for that which you find here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back