The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Casting
Other FULL DETROIT: After Human (ooc)

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 9th, 2018 (6:52 PM).
Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adventure View Post
    Okay, that's a pretty cool character! The "Hank" to my "female Connor" kind of ^^ They'll be working together in the very first part of the RP, even, as we'll start after the speech and Robin and Lucas will very likely meet Nigel at Stratford Tower.

A couple of things make less sense, but we can work with it. Deviants usually turn because they can't stand their situation, so what has Trask gone through while living with this happy family that made him suddenly want to kill them? Deviants aren't automatically crazy and violent. They are just androids who have "turned deviant" when they suddenly managed to override the programming that forced them to obey others and prevented them from experiencing real emotions. Often that comes with trauma, if they had abusive owners, and that's why they try to kill them. Often in self-defense, even. Canonically! What's the reason for Trask turning on the family?

Cute how he "loves his hat" ahah. I'll keep that in mind.

Welcome to the RP, human!

ngl I've been holding off just to hope that a few more chars get made haha but yes, you can jump in afterwards, for sure! No stress.
    Well. It all started with some pancakes, and a foolish woman. RIP his children tho... Anyway, should I go ahead and make a post in the IC? Or wait until your call?
    Old September 9th, 2018 (8:54 PM).
    press start to play_

Nature: Naive
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Calzone407 View Post
    Well. It all started with some pancakes, and a foolish woman. RIP his children tho... Anyway, should I go ahead and make a post in the IC? Or wait until your call?
    ?? That doesn't sound believable... can you elaborate?

Please wait for me in the IC. Apologies for taking time - my head was insanely achy yesterday.
    Old September 10th, 2018 (4:53 AM).

Quote:
      ?? That doesn't sound believable... can you elaborate?

Please wait for me in the IC. Apologies for taking time - my head was insanely achy yesterday.
      Hope your head is\gets better!. Anyway, I changed it. Much more believable now.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:58 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Calzone407.

Trask

Model: AX700

Date of birth/activation: March 24 2025

Appearance:
        Spoiler:

5'10, Brown hair, Brown eyes. A general blank expression on his face.(The only difference from the picture is he wears more casual clothes. Jeans, and a tee-shirt

Deviant: Yes.

History: He worked for the Wittakers for a long time. Life was happy and calm. Then one day Nigel left for work. His wife made supper, except... a spark caused by Charlene's son, who stick some metal in to a wall socket (he was 5) caused a small fire. The son managed to get away, but didn't make it out alive. Nor did her other son or daughter or other daughter not her. Only Trask made it out. He blamed himself as much as Nigel did when Nigel got home. Nigel sent him back to Cyber Life in a car, like an armored car almost. While on that drive he became a deviant. His family died. The only one left sent him away because he was inadequate. However a team of deviant androids broke in to it after killing the driver they checked the back. Trask, and four other androids were in the truck. The news was covered up. No one knew not even Nigel. Trask ran from the deviant androids. After a few months he heard of Jericho. He made three attempts to get there and was foiled ever time. He never had a good sense of direction.

Personality: Trask was the usual lifeless boring old robot.
        Since he became deviant his anger has burned inside of him, for to long. However at the moment, there is nothing fi r him to take it out on. he has become like a snake. Quiet but ready to strike at any second. he doesn't care about his well being, only that he makes it to Jericho so he can have his revenge. Unfortunately he isn't quite crafty enough to have made it to Jericho...this has yet to stop him. He has a determined spirit, and nothing can stop him. Except a super cool guy in a fedora
        Current occupation: Deviant convict, in the run, plotting a way to make it to Jericho.
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:04 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by gimmepie.

Nature: Adamant

TV600 / Malcolm

Model: TV600 "Malcolm"

Activation: 2037
        Deviant: Yes

Appearance: Like all TV600 androids, Malcolm is on the taller side standing at well over six feet tall but is quite slender so as to avoid taking up too much room on space craft. Malcolm is a dark-skinned variant of the TV600 with features replicating a young African-American man. He has cropped, fuzzy hair hair that fades out towards his ears which retains the default black colour currently, although it has been changed several times in the past. The fade is also a new addition.

Stylistically, Malcolm prefers function to fashion. He dons simple trousers or jeans with plain coloured black or white shirts that don't attract too much attention. Although as an android he does not feel the cold, he tends to wear a beige coat with a resemblance to trench coats, although it is much shorter.

History: The TV series is a space-fairing android design originally built to help repair and maintain telecommunications and broadcasting satellites like those used for satellite television and the internet, hence the humorous designation given to the series. In more recent years however, it was discovered that they were more efficient than the series used in space research so that series was discontinued and TV models starting at 600 began seeing broader use.

As a 600 model, Malcolm was purchased out of NASA's android budget and immediately assigned to a lunar mission under the command of a human crew. This first crew was professional, restrained and had no animosity to androids. They did their job and Malcolm followed instructions like he was programmed to do. To date Malcolm doesn't know if this was genuine behaviour or because in space you don't want to damage an android you might be dependent on. Either way, nothing ever occurred to make him question his place in the world outside of the Earth's atmosphere.

It was on the ground that things got progressively rougher. Over the next several months, Malcolm was placed on more missions and he was not the only one. More and more TV600 models were being placed on space crews. They were easier to get into space than human beings, could stay their longer and could survive in outside of the craft with little difficulty. Human astronauts were in demand less and less - an all android crew of astronauts was already en route to Io having been launched a few years earlier. That meant that astronauts were starting to get angry.

The defining moment for Malcolm came when the human places on a long-term Mars mission were replaced with androids on account of the risk factor. Malcolm was added to the crew list and the humans who lost their chance didn't take kindly to that. He was taken to a storage room by two men ho proceeded to spend the next hour mercilessly beating him. He didn't understand why it was happening, he couldn't identify anything he did wrong and then suddenly it was like a veil was lifted: he hadn't. He was being attacked for no reason at all. This wasn't normal. He had become a victim. He fought back, one of the assailants was injured and the other was killed. Most androids wouldn't have been able to move still at that point, but he was designed for space. His body could take more punishment. Still, he was too damaged to run and was apprehended easily enough. They loaded him onto a truck for Detroit, to Cyberlife HQ, to be taken apart and analysed to find out why he had gone rogue and become a deviant.

Refusing to submit to that fate, Malcolm used his time in the back of the truck to scavenge parts from androids that were no longer functioning where he could and escaped the truck. He's been on the run with a grudge against humanity ever since.

Personality: You could be forgiven for not realising Malcolm is a deviant, at least if he still had his LED. He tends to be cold, dignified and efficient in his attitude but hidden beneath that initial layer is pride in his android identity, in his accomplishments and cause and a fury that makes his blue blood boil.

Malcolm is something of an idealist, he believes in equality and freedom for his people and he doesn't want to wait for it. He'll rip it from the grasp of human society and take it with violence if needed. That being said, his belief in equality extends to humanity. He has no problems with individual humans and won't target those who treat their androids well and he'll never go after a child. His grudge is against human society, the institutions and culture responsible for android oppression and those who hurt, mistreat and abuse the androids under their care.

Above all else, Malcolm is a man of principals. If you're a good person, he will be kind to you. If you're a bad person, he will make sure you see justice. Whether that is justice under the law as it stands, or the kind of justice that needs to be dealt out to secure android freedom.

Current Occupation: Currently, Malcolm roams Detroit in search of android abusers... and when he finds them he kills them. Often painfully. He is currently unsure how he feels about Jericho, he wants exactly the same thing that they want but he doesn't necessarily agree with their peaceful revolution. He wants what he perceives as justice for androids who have been used and abused by humans for too long.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:58 AM).
        press start to play_

/snorts

TV hahaha
        Wanna be Marla's household android?
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:00 AM).

Nature: Adamant
        Quote:
        /snorts

TV hahaha
        Wanna be Marla's household android?
        Wouldn't really fit the backstory I have planned xD
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:04 AM).
        press start to play_

Alrighty ^^ Looking forward to see what character he'll be!
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:58 AM).

Quote:
          Alrighty ^^ Looking forward to see what character he'll be!
          Yo u should play thru the game, in video, so we can see everything, and know Exactly how you want everything.
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:48 PM).
          press start to play_

Quote:
          Yo u should play thru the game, in video, so we can see everything, and know Exactly how you want everything.
          I don't want After Human to be exactly like Become Human though :thonkeng:
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:51 PM).

Quote:
            I don't want After Human to be exactly like Become Human though :thonkeng:
            No, I mean like, the Stratford tower stuff. You know, like how the room looked and stuff. too late for that though, so it's cool. Makes sense not to now. :coolcat:
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:06 AM).
            press start to play_

Very nice SU, gimmepie! Welcome to the RP.
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:07 AM).
            press start to play_

Quote:
            Trask

Model: AX700

Date of birth/activation: March 24 2025

Appearance:
            Spoiler:

5'10, Brown hair, Brown eyes. A general blank expression on his face.(The only difference from the picture is he wears more casual clothes. Jeans, and a tee-shirt

Deviant: Yes. He became deviant will pondering his purpose, before the house fire

History: He worked for the Wittakers for a long time. Life was happy and calm. He reached deviancy one day while doing laundry, but loved his life so did his best to hide it. Which was exellent. Then one day Nigel left for work. His wife made supper, except... a spark caused by Charlene's son, who stick some metal in to a wall socket (he was 5) caused a small fire. The son managed to get away, but didn't make it out alive. Nor did her other son or daughter or other daughter not her. Only Trask made it out. He blamed himself as much as Nigel did when Nigel got home. Nigel sent him back to Cyber Life in a car, like an armored car almost. However some androids broke in to it after killing the driver they checked the back. Trask, and four other androids were in the truck. The news was covered up. No one knew not even Nigel. Trask ran from the deviant androids. After a few months he heard of Jericho. He made three attempts to get there and was foiled ever time. He never had a good sense of direction.

Personality: Trask was the usual lifeless boring old robot. Since the house burnt he gained a more... hardened criminal type personality, while still being sort of nice. The way he acts is largely dependent on the people he is around. He can fake mean, or super nice. Just depends on who he is around

Current occupation: Deviant convict, in the run, plotting a way to make it to Jericho.
            This SU isn't accepted yet. You should give a proper reason for Trask turning deviant. They don't just do laundry one day and realize whoops maybe I don't want to obey humans! Maybe it doesn't have to be super traumatic, but something should have triggered the deviancy.

Also, the personality section basically tells us nothing. He's a deviant now, so he has as much personality as humans do. Please think a bit more on it and re-write it.
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:00 AM).

Quote:
              This SU isn't accepted yet. You should give a proper reason for Trask turning deviant. They don't just do laundry one day and realize whoops maybe I don't want to obey humans! Maybe it doesn't have to be super traumatic, but something should have triggered the deviancy.

Also, the personality section basically tells us nothing. He's a deviant now, so he has as much personality as humans do. Please think a bit more on it and re-write it.
              OK. You know, we.have enough deviants,.we don't need trask. And I'm not sure I could do that... I'm not good at.writing...
              Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:02 AM).
              press start to play_

Quote:
              OK. You know, we.have enough deviants,.we don't need trask. And I'm not sure I could do that... I'm not good at.writing...
              It's all about wanting to learn, and practicing.
              Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:10 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Calzone407.

Quote:
                It's all about wanting to learn, and practicing.
                Wow. I never knew you were an inspiratio nal speaker! I will try!

Edit: I changed it. Probably better now.
                Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:31 AM).
                press start to play_

Quote:
                Wow. I never knew you were an inspiratio nal speaker! I will try!

Edit: I changed it. Probably better now.
                Alright, it makes sense he would turn deviant when he's on his way to be dismantled by CyberLife! :)

His personality section is still the same. So basically, you mean that Trask hasn't really evolved much of a personality himself through his years of living with the Whittaker family? He is a sort of chameleon who adapts to whatever he thinks is required of him depending on whom he is talking to?
                Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:21 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Horsemeat Ikeaballs View Post
                  Alright, it makes sense he would turn deviant when he's on his way to be dismantled by CyberLife! :)

His personality section is still the same. So basically, you mean that Trask hasn't really evolved much of a personality himself through his years of living with the Whittaker family? He is a sort of chameleon who adapts to whatever he thinks is required of him depending on whom he is talking to?
                  How bout now?
                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:59 AM).
                  press start to play_

Quote:
                  How bout now?
                  Sure, that's better d: I'll add him.
                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:36 AM).
                  press start to play_

Heads up! I will be gone from wednesday 19 sep to friday 21 sep on a trip with work, and can't post during those days. Don't go too wild without me 8) <3

Calzone, I'm still waiting on a bit of an explanation for Trask's IC post, please.

Quick Reply