Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 26th, 2011 (5:26 AM).

Nature: Naive
Honestly, I'd like a new subforum where post count is disabled and where short-posts-RPs can go. Since many want to play that way. But the higher staff don't agree, so that's that and there's not much point in discussing it, maybe. One paragraph isn't much to ask for in a decent RP.

Roleplaying on a forum is different on every board. Looking at many RPs on BMGF for example, short posts and a page or two every day isn't unusual. Looking at Serebiiforums, they don't at all seem to have much trouble posting with at least one decent paragraph. And looking at pe2k, they mostly make very advanced RPs with long SUs and posts. And here on PC, we have all kinds of different styles.
Old April 26th, 2011 (5:30 AM).
The Rivers will run red....

Nature: Lonely
    (not really supporting short posts but meh)

That's what makes us stand out. We have variety! :)

lol I'm joking. The Library thing is a great idea :)

and those short-post haters, please cut some slack and quit it with those harsh remarks...some really can't help it you know?

in my Eternal RP, from now on, all my posts will have to be 500+ words...

The most Caring Girlfriend/Pair Ever

PC Brothers:
    SuperVegeta
    [ silver ]
    Miju-kun
    Diamond1304/
    Blaziken15
    Rustymenon
    InkHeart

PC Sisters:
    Marina E. silver
    Mzmingle
    FlurryTheGlaceon
    XxSweetDreamsxX

PC Family

FanFic
    CSS

Old April 26th, 2011 (1:09 PM).
    CAT-BUS!

To BaconKillsZombies: I apologize for my grammatical mistakes... But I'm not against the people who make short Sign-Ups, I am against the sign-up itself. I wouldn't tell them, "Don't even try, that was horrible." In my RP's I try to make it so that they correct the mistakes, and will eventually be accepted. All I was trying to say was that it's a huge turn-off for joining a roleplay. I definitely promote the growth of the RPers.

Oh and it could be either 'a' or 'an', it depends on how you pronounce it. If you say SU as the name "Sue" or as "Suh" (for whatever reason), you would put 'a'. However if you say SU like this "Ehs Yu" then it would be 'an' because it starts with a vowel sound being the "Eh". So neither is right or wrong, and I'm very sorry if you were offended by my post.
      Old April 26th, 2011 (1:48 PM).

Nature: Jolly
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
      Honestly, I'd like a new subforum where post count is disabled and where short-posts-RPs can go. Since many want to play that way. But the higher staff don't agree, so that's that and there's not much point in discussing it, maybe. One paragraph isn't much to ask for in a decent RP.

Roleplaying on a forum is different on every board. Looking at many RPs on BMGF for example, short posts and a page or two every day isn't unusual. Looking at Serebiiforums, they don't at all seem to have much trouble posting with at least one decent paragraph. And looking at pe2k, they mostly make very advanced RPs with long SUs and posts. And here on PC, we have all kinds of different styles.
      *Stares out window at huge, amazing thunderstorm* Huh, wha? Oh! Hey, don't get me thinking about joining another website ;P Though, I likely wouldn't...

I hate really short RPing, like if you were to do it in chat. That's how I started RPing, with my sister (whom still does it), but now I hate it for some reason...probably both because i've become a little more of a "serious" writer and i'm just used to longer, more advanced RPs now...

Quote:
      Originally Posted by pokemongarnet
      Oh and it could be either 'a' or 'an', it depends on how you pronounce it. If you say SU as the name "Sue" or as "Suh" (for whatever reason), you would put 'a'. However if you say SU like this "Ehs Yu" then it would be 'an' because it starts with a vowel sound being the "Eh". So neither is right or wrong, and I'm very sorry if you were offended by my post.
      I pronounce it the "Ehs Yu" way, but for some reason i'd rather put a instead of an. Likely because it's an abbreviation for a word that starts with a consonant. Same for RP, but I don't say R-P, I just say roleplay.

Also, was there a specific reason Ichiro got the honor of being the Roleplay Librarian? Just curious :3

Under Renovations
      Old April 26th, 2011 (2:52 PM).

Yes, on PC we have variety and that's a good thing :3

Yes, Ichiro was the one who came up with the whole idea and the one who wants to be responsible for keeping the list updated, it's as simple as that. If you ever have an idea for something new in the Roleplay Corner (or the Lounge, for that matter), please do tell me about it~

Also, the RP "... Agent" just got an open spot, if anybody's interested. It's for chasing the legendary beast Entei, and you get to choose a pokédex color.
      Old April 26th, 2011 (9:52 PM).
      I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>

Nature: Calm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
        To BaconKillsZombies: I apologize for my grammatical mistakes... But I'm not against the people who make short Sign-Ups, I am against the sign-up itself. I wouldn't tell them, "Don't even try, that was horrible." In my RP's I try to make it so that they correct the mistakes, and will eventually be accepted. All I was trying to say was that it's a huge turn-off for joining a roleplay. I definitely promote the growth of the RPers.

You use "a" before a word that starts as a consonant and "an" before a word that begins with a vowel. :3 Anyhow, I just posted because I was a little annoyed by the way it was said because it sounded bad to me.
        Spoiler:

I'd like a ball.

I'd like an icecream cone.
        Old April 27th, 2011 (11:34 AM).
        CAT-BUS!

Yeah sorry if I sounded angry. But it depends how you say the abbreviation. If you just read it as Roleplay instead of RP it would be a.
          Old April 27th, 2011 (10:54 PM).

Good, everybody are friends again. I've had that problem too, and I'm still not sure which I normally use xD Let's just say everybody can write whatever they want in that particular case.
          Old April 28th, 2011 (1:38 AM).

Nature: Adamant
            If you asked me, I would say a SU, since SU is the acronym for Sign-Up so one should say a sign-up, not an sign-up. Just my 2 cent's worth.

Moving on, I like the library idea of RPs. It's more organized and it's like the Game Index sheet in the Pokemon Trivia forum. Lol, I also didn't know that our librarian's name is Ichiro since I don't read Japanese.
            Old April 28th, 2011 (4:47 AM).
            ✫彡 one for all

Nature: Gentle
            Is it silly of me to feel giddy that you relate it to the Game Index in Pokemon Trivia? xD

Anyways, the Roleplay Index is definitely a great idea. It'll definitely be easier to go through the roleplays and track down which ones are open or not (even though it doesn't say in the index, it would probably be too much work to try to keep updating on which ones are open for SUs and which ones are closed. However, I can simply go to the Index, open a link in a new tab, and check it out there).
            Old April 28th, 2011 (9:41 AM).

Glad that you like it, Ichiro will be happy hearing that :3

Also, I finally decided that Game Masters need to be able to double post at times. Please read the new rules. Hopefully it will help when Game Masters update with new chapters or info in OOC threads and such things.

Quote:
            >> Note on Double Posting: Consecutive posting is allowed in the Roleplay Forums only if

1) you are the GM. Game Masters may make consecutive posts in both their own OOC and main threads, if at least 48 hours has passed since your last post. Be sure to keep track of time!
            2) your post has reached the maximum amount allowed in a single post on VBulletin, and can only be continued in a second post.

Any other circumstances must be brought to the moderator for approval before the consecutive post. Because otherwise you can simply edit your last post with the new text.
            Old April 28th, 2011 (9:11 PM).
            chelia.blendy

Interest check!

I've been entertaining the idea of doing an RP based on the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise, and wrote up a plot. Though, FMA is pretty old at this point and I have no idea how many current RPers are familiar with it. XD Basically it takes place in a parallel world of the series, where none of the canon characters exist (because things are easier that way).

Plot Idea

“The world faces a terrible crisis,” The cold words of Fuhrer Klein rang like the rusted church bells of a demolished building in the young man’s ears. “We – no, I have been ignoring the issue for far too long, and now our people are beginning to pay the price for my inability to act.”

The year is 1913, and the country of Amestris is still recovering from the fallout of the Ishvalan Civil War that had taken seven years, and ended abruptly in 1908 when State Alchemists were sent to the East to remove finish the conflict. The war, which came about as a result of the neighbouring country of Aerugo playing on tensions between the alchemic government and religious Ishvalan people in order to weaken the nearby border, nearly completely decimated the Ishvalan population and created many anti-government groups down the road.

Shortly after the end of the civil war, a strange disease began to spread across Aerugo. There were few cases at first, but eventually it multiplied, and more and more fell ill to the bizarre epidemic. To those who caught the disease, it would begin as a simple cold, but over time more discrepancies would surface. Parts of the human body began to crystallize, their bodies becoming covered in hard, red stone. Eventually, they would become completely coated in this unbreakable stone, but were still very much alive, just immobile. For some reason, they lived on without human sustenance as well, as if their very existence was now to live on as these structures for an unknown reason.

Amestris’ Fuhrer, Sebastian Klein, paid little attention to this outbreak in the other country, and instead of helping, increased border security to disallow outsiders from entering the nation. Some feared he was losing his touch with common sense in his old age, but he was still a scary old man, so very few stood up to him. The people of Amestris heard of the disease, xylica as it was eventually named, spreading to the other countries that bordered Amestris, until they were completely surrounded. However, Klein still did nothing, instead increasing security once again.

Finally, there was a recorded case in Amestris, in Central City of all places. Apparently an infected person had snuck into the country, and infected his countrymen! At this point, however, it was almost too late. The disease started to spread across the nation, but there was no foreseeable cure. Eventually, in his old age, Klein began looking at less… traditional methods. Panacea, the elixir of life. It was an alchemic legend that was told to cure any disease, but as far as anyone was aware, nobody had actually ever created the medicine. However, there were rumors that the people of Xing had done some useful research on it with their alkahestry.

Shortly after the first outbreak, the Fuhrer brought called a young State Alchemist into his office and assigned him a simple task: find a team of capable people and seek Panacea. In the meantime, the government was going to try other means, and since the elixir of life was nothing but legend, much like the Philosopher’s Stone, both the State Alchemist and any who joined in his quest would start out as nothing but skeptical.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
            twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
            Old April 28th, 2011 (9:21 PM).
            x

^ We already went over this, but I'm in for this one.
            Love FMA too much to pass up the opportunity, even if I don't roleplay anymore. *A*
            Old April 29th, 2011 (2:37 AM).

Nature: Jolly
            Hm...interesting. I think it would be fun to be in an FMA RP, it's just too bad Ed and Al won't be in it.

Never saw all of FMA, but i've seen most of it and, as none of the same characters are in it, I think i'd be okay. As you can tell from my signature, I do like it X3

Under Renovations
            Old April 29th, 2011 (6:58 AM).
            ✫彡 one for all

Nature: Gentle
            The plot sounds really nice, and I would definitely join it if I remembered enough about FMA. Sadly, I don't remember much (the mechanics I mean, considering the canon characters won't be in it).
            Old April 29th, 2011 (11:00 AM).
            chelia.blendy

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
            The plot sounds really nice, and I would definitely join it if I remembered enough about FMA. Sadly, I don't remember much (the mechanics I mean, considering the canon characters won't be in it).
            I'll be linking to some resources that explain the mechanics of Alchemy and all that once I've gotten enough interest.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
            twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
            Old April 29th, 2011 (12:03 PM).
            CAT-BUS!

I'd be interested but I don't know if I'd be able to join. I probably would anyways though. Now, would the mechanics of it be based on FMA's original anime, or the manga/brotherhood?
              Old April 29th, 2011 (5:38 PM).
              See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
              So...don't mean to pry, but why wasn't there any of those RP awards? Just wondering.

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
              Paired with the Artsy Infinite and the Spectacular Shak
              Old April 29th, 2011 (9:19 PM). Edited April 29th, 2011 by Neptune Vasilias.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
                So...don't mean to pry, but why wasn't there any of those RP awards? Just wondering.
                There will be one in May. It's every 2 months.
                Old April 30th, 2011 (6:37 AM).
                Forever Shawol and Aileean

I'd love to join a FMA RP! =D I love FMA, rereading the manga for the fifth time. Although, I do feel that it is sad that Ed and Al wouldn't be in it. Or Roy. XD

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
                  Old May 1st, 2011 (1:48 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
                  There will be soon, I'm just very busy this weekend xD Bear with the moderator who has an IRL life as well. Plus, you've got the whole month to vote, so it's not the end of the world if the thread doesn't come up in the first days of May, is it?
                  Old May 1st, 2011 (7:19 AM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
                    There will be soon, I'm just very busy this weekend xD Bear with the moderator who has an IRL life as well. Plus, you've got the whole month to vote, so it's not the end of the world if the thread doesn't come up in the first days of May, is it?
                    No, it is the end of the world. You have to post it on the first days of May. You have to.

On another note, no double post! =D

Old May 1st, 2011 (7:25 AM).
                    CAT-BUS!

Haha, yeah. That seems like the first time that's happened. <SPAM
                      Old May 1st, 2011 (1:05 PM).

Are there any rules/guidelines to making an RP that would speed up the approval process? I'd love to make a pokemon RP but dont want to have a game thats unorthodox (if such a trait exists in RPland). ive been out of the RP scene for years but after signing up to these forums...my thirst for a good story has grown once again.
                        Old May 1st, 2011 (1:27 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by obavijest View Post
                          Are there any rules/guidelines to making an RP that would speed up the approval process? I'd love to make a pokemon RP but dont want to have a game thats unorthodox (if such a trait exists in RPland). ive been out of the RP scene for years but after signing up to these forums...my thirst for a good story has grown once again.
                          I am currently working on a guideline that helps with making RPs. XD Really, all one needs to know is that you need an original and fairly long plot, good grammar/spelling (since that can sometimes turn people off), a good SU and a good SU sheet (it is better to put in your own character SU in so they can see how good of an RPer you are, unless you aren't actually going to be in the actual RP), have rules, etc. Oh, wait, can't forget, a rating. =D If I didn't mention the latter, I think RHCP would have eaten me. :P

There is pretty much no unorthodox RPs. I am actually RPing in, probably, the most insane RP ever. And I don't think it's going away for a while...well, unless someone doesn't post, but that is an entirely different rant. =D

Closed Thread

Quick Reply