Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 11th, 2018 (9:49 PM). Edited May 18th, 2018 by Nero.
I like it.

Nature: Relaxed
    Back again, and about time too.

Jacqueline “Jackie” Fletcher
    Date of Birth: June 7, 18 y/o

Grade and Class: 12B

Tell Me About Yourself: Jackie is many different things to different people. To her teachers, she’s an unfocused troublemaker and an undedicated slacker. To her parents, she’s a bright and rapidly maturing young girl with a spark of wisdom yet to ignite. To her sister, she’s a waste of talent and in with the wrong crowd. Jackie herself wouldn’t agree with any of them. If you were to ask her, she’d tell you about how everyone expects too much out of her, how nobody want’s to let her follow her own dream, and how she’s always being compared to her older sister’s successes.

Maybe if you were to ask an unbiased individual who somehow knew the ins and outs of Jackie’s entire character, thoughts, and life story, they’d say that everyone is both correct and incorrect to a degree. She’s most definitely a bright kid, or at least was at an earlier stage in her life. She’s matured, although her immaturity still shines through. Her wisdom might be wasted, but she still shows talent. People might hold her on too high an expectation, but she can definitely reach that height if she tried. She might not be following her dream, but she hasn’t got her directions planned out to get there anyway. And she… well, actually, her teachers might’ve done well to judge her.

Behaviour is one of Jackie’s biggest problems. As a good-hearted, intelligent, and practical young woman, she had the potential to become a respectable and charismatic student. Her soft shell hardened over the years, however, and her sincereness with it. Still plenty sociable, she’s grown to become facetious and somewhat of a prankster, yet a sourpuss and a bit of an asshole when not in the mood. Despite having what appears to be a negative output, she’s still affable and empathetic in her own way, and does take people into consideration. Jackie’s moods seem to be entirely dependent on which side of the bed she wakes up on, and it can be hard to tell which is which. While plenty of days she’s welcoming and jokey, others she’s just not feeling the humour and tends to get a little on the snarky side. It doesn’t help that her humour is a little snarky to begin with. At first plenty of people might wrongly assume that she’s reserved and unfriendly, but her friends have come to learn that she’s more genuine inside than the comments she makes and the way she behaves in class.

Jackie’s biggest love and most blatant personality kink is music, whether it be listening to, talking about, writing, performing, or just being able to relax in her bedroom and strum a few chords when she’s bored or upset, knowing that her connection to music is always there. With so much drama at school, at home, even between her friends, her retreat has become her defining hobby. A guitar player herself, she tries not to limit herself to her familiar rock and blues, branching out to funk, hip-hop, and jazz, and listening to an even broader range. Her primary genres, modern garage and 10s/20s alt, can probably be accredited to a portion of her personality, being the susceptible young girl she was when she first started mingling with others who shared her interests.

How can I identify you: Standing at 5'7", with a slim petite build, Jackie’s attire commonly consists of singlets and loose shirts, and jean and chino shorts in the summer, plus coats, jackets, and full jeans during the colder months. She prefers to keep her outfits simple, and her clothes are generally fairly plain in colour and style, bar her collection of numerous band shirts. She’s no stranger to accessories, often adding a black fabric choker to her daily attire, as well as a small piercing on the bridge of her nose, for however long she can get away with it before the school forces her to remove it.

What is your history: Being born into a family of financially stable doctors shouldn’t have made for a tough upbringing. Well, okay, maybe it didn’t. And it sure wasn’t for Mia, firstborn of Dustin and Lisa Fletcher of Virginia Beach. Her mother and father, a clinical professor of medicine and a biochemist, were thrilled to discover their daughter’s interest in science at an early age, and eagerly guided her down an academic path. As young Mia grew older, it was clear to all that she would follow in the footsteps of her parents.

Six years after Mia’s birth, the Fletchers welcomed another daughter into their life. Jacqueline, or “Jackie” as she grew to be called, was a splitting image of her older sister. She acted the same, dressed the same, and looked quite the same too. Once she began primary school, it was apparent that she had her sister’s smarts too, and the family encouraged her to take an interest in the sciences. Jackie, who had very much taken up her sister as a role-model, was all to eager to follow in her footsteps. While Mia played netball, Jackie played tennis. When Mia begun playing piano, Jackie learned the guitar. And as Mia begun to dedicate more and more of her time to her studies, Jackie grew bored.

In fifth grade, Jackie was an excelling student. Having tried to keep up with her older sister, she had pushed herself to limits beyond anyone else in her year level had. With a sharp intellect, a vast creative talent, and a well-built body, she was able to dominate all her classes at school. Just like her sister had, people would tell her. Her past and present had been just like Mia’s, and her future was looking mighty similar. There was nothing wrong with that though, as that’s exactly what she’d always wanted. In her eyes, Mia was perfect.

As Jackie’s sixth grade came around, Mia begun her eleventh. Now with a goal in sight, a Masters degree in physics leading to a PhD, Mia began to focus solely on her schoolwork, neglecting her sports, music, and social life. The close bond she shared with her sister strained the longer she distanced herself, and the perfect idol in Jackie's life had never seemed so flawed. Determined to not waste her time working when she could be living, Jackie decided to stop taking after her sister. She reversed her priorities, enjoying being with her schoolfriends during her last year, coasting through schoolwork, and furthering her guitar skills. Despite taking her schooling less seriously, she still passed with flying colours, and was sent off to secondary school with high expectations.

She never did manage to live up to those expectations, however. Learning new things in a new school, with no reputation as an established star student, Jackie found that her new study plan didn’t cut it anymore. While still being able to take class easy without falling behind, her teachers were less than impressed with her work ethic. It was well justified, too. As the years went on, Jackie began to struggle more and more in class, trying less and less, and eventually abandoning any ideas of an academic future. She decided to go further with her music, having become her largest hobby over the last few years, and formed an alternative rock band with a few friends who shared her mind-set during her tenth year. As her eleventh year finally rolled around, she had dedicated most of her spare time to the band, trying to make a name for themselves and dreaming of hitting big. This deeply affected her grades, much to her family’s chagrin, and after viewing her end of year results the family decided to make a change.

Jackie's parents blamed themselves. They believed that they hadn’t controlled the situation, and that Jackie was still an incredibly bright girl who just needed a hand to keep herself motivated to work. Mia took the situation much more personally. She knew just how capable her sister was, and how she had thrown it away because she was too impulse. The connection between the two finally snapped, and the argument that ensued had no resolution. To solve her education problem, it was decided that Jackie would spend her final year at St Dominic High in a much more stricter school environment, and the family would move to Havencross for the year thanks to her father being offered to work remotely after the town's pharmaceutical boom. Mia would stay at home and continue her studies, and the two sisters said goodbye on bitter terms, as did her band, who had decided to split due to their indecisive future. With no band, no friends, and no idea how she was going to pass her final year, Jackie didn't have a great year to look forward to.

Do you ever feel a sense of Déjà vu in your everyday life?: "Of course. Even the most monotonous stuff seems like it was destined to happen again, in the moment. Almost feels like life trying to send a message, even if it's just a silly little reaction."

The past shapes the future, but does the future also shape the past?: "Jeez, uh... I guess, in a way? Well, maybe not directly, but sometimes in an effort to change our future, we have to start before that. So while what we do in the past directly affects the future, the future is what drives us to do things in the past in the first place. It's what keeps us progressing as a species. Why life strives to live. Hell if I know, I'm making this up as I go."

I swear that the past is unchangeable and I will do all in my power to remember:
    x____JF_____________.

(The rest of the SU is not contained within the contract, but is necessary for the SU)

Persona: Sarasvati, Hindu goddess of knowledge, music and the arts.

Arcana: High Priestess

Persona Types: Nuclear/Psi

Anchor to the Past: "When I first decided to make my own choices and be my own person was the moment I first found myself, but the moment I lost who I once was. It's the original link to both the highs and the low points of my life."

Old May 13th, 2018 (4:38 PM).

Is there still place? I want to try joining.
      Old May 14th, 2018 (11:58 PM).
      Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)

Nature: Docile
        sorry; i'm not going to have the time to both make an app for and continue to play my character -- i can't prioritize another minimal sandbox, especially when I have my own stuff in-development.

i didn't really intend to join the first one, so i'll state it clearer this time: i've lost interest. sorry again! i'll see ya'll around.

Old May 15th, 2018 (12:28 AM).
        I like it.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by leocain View Post
          Is there still place? I want to try joining.
          Yeah, it's still open. Dunno when it's gonna start though, but if you wanna have a go then the spot's open for you.

Quick Reply