• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokémon (2D) Unity

thor348

That's Oak to You
Years
Hello! It's been a long long time since I've visited.

I've been using Unity for the past 3 years or so, and have published a few games. With my experiences, I've gotten an idea to bring Pokémon to Unity.

I understand there is a 3D engine currently being built, however I haven't found any 2D. Basically, it would be Essentials, but with mobile/browser support, and an easier integration for multiplayer.

Is this something you'd find interesting? Or would want to help with?

Thanks,
Thor348

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
Yeah, that sounds good to me. I don't want to use unity because of the 3D aspect seems a little hard with tiling/mapping, and Pokemon Essentials mapping is so nice and easy i love it, it'd definitely be nice to have mobile/browser support.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Go right ahead, I don't think anyone other than yourself will be stopping you. Mej71 is already working on one, though. I've seen it, and it's pretty far already. You could potentially contact him and work together (I know he can use some extra hands). If you do, don't use me as a contact person, but just shoot him a message here or on the Pokécommunity's Discord server.

Back