The PokéCommunity Forums Community Square Feedback & Support
Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

Closed Thread

Old December 14th, 2014 (10:18 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The '???' View Post
Sweeet! Thanks a lot :)

Another quick question : why in the hack section re-makes are often called de-makes?
Googling the term ended up in no result.
It typically refers to the fact that they're made using ROMs from generations before the games they were de-makes of were released.

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 14th, 2014 (10:31 PM).
The one true question mark

Nature: Impish
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
    It typically refers to the fact that they're made using ROMs from generations before the games they were de-makes of were released.
    I do understand that bit, what I'm asking is that is there any specific full form or meaning to why its called that?
    Old December 14th, 2014 (11:14 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The '???' View Post
    I do understand that bit, what I'm asking is that is there any specific full form or meaning to why its called that?
    Because "de" as a prefix is easy to remember even if it isn't a 100% accurate prefix to use, and it probably stems from when someone used a Red ROM to make a version of a later game using the Red ROM's graphics and sound and applied the "de" prefix to describe their work. I don't frequent ROM Hacking enough to give anymore detail than that.
    Old December 18th, 2014 (8:28 PM).
    almost everyone is offended now

Nature: Quiet
      Can I put a .gif pic in my profile picture? (Not avatar)
      Old December 18th, 2014 (9:39 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BlazikenXY View Post
      It's tough to be sure since not many of us seem to upload animated profile pictures, but since we're allowed to do this with avatars and signatures, hopefully, it should work (so long as it's within maximum size limit). =) If it does not, then sadly, we might have to settle for static images.
      Old December 18th, 2014 (9:45 PM).
      the day was mine

Quote:
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
      It's tough to be sure since not many of us seem to upload animated profile pictures, but since we're allowed to do this with avatars and signatures, hopefully, it should work (so long as it's within maximum size limit). =) If it does not, then sadly, we might have to settle for static images.
      Just tested it and I can confirm that gifs can be used as profile pictures.

and i will love to see that day
      that day is mine
      when she will marry me outside with the willow trees

Old December 18th, 2014 (10:50 PM).
      Hollow.

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
      Just tested it and I can confirm that gifs can be used as profile pictures.
      My avatar is evidence enough that gifs can be used.

Here's the thing about it. If the gif in itself is bigger than the dimensions allowed by your ranking (which in your case is 120x120 I believe.) then PC will automatically resize and reformat it into a static image. That being said, you can use this to resize your gif.

http://ezgif.com/resize

Steps to resize image:
      1. Upload file/copy and paste image url of gif
      2. Resize image if image is too large. Note: if you're going to reduce the size of the image, make sure you do it by the percentage of the gif. What I mean is if you have a 500x250 gif and you want to resize it to a smaller size, do it by like 20% which would make the new dimensions 400x200 (100 is 1/5 of 500 and 50 is 1/5 of 250.) By reducing it by a percentage instead of just random amounts, you are keeping the pixels intact within the picture.
      3. If you just want a specific part of the gif after you resize it, click "crop" in the hud bar. This will allow you to take just pieces of a gif and make it the desired size (note: you don't have to do the percentages in that part.
      4. Once you're done hit "save" in the hud bar which should download the image, then you can upload directly from PC to make the image your avatar. If everything is done correctly the gif should work.

Hope this helps, mate. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a VM and I can work you through the steps.
      Old December 19th, 2014 (6:44 AM).
      the day was mine

Quote:
      Originally Posted by El Héroe Oscuro View Post

Here's the thing about it. If the gif in itself is bigger than the dimensions allowed by your ranking (which in your case is 120x120 I believe.) then PC will automatically resize and reformat it into a static image. That being said, you can use this to resize your gif.

Steps to resize image:
      2. Resize image if image is too large. Note: if you're going to reduce the size of the image, make sure you do it by the percentage of the gif. What I mean is if you have a 500x250 gif and you want to resize it to a smaller size, do it by like 20% which would make the new dimensions 400x200 (100 is 1/5 of 500 and 50 is 1/5 of 250.) By reducing it by a percentage instead of just random amounts, you are keeping the pixels intact within the picture.
      3. If you just want a specific part of the gif after you resize it, click "crop" in the hud bar. This will allow you to take just pieces of a gif and make it the desired size (note: you don't have to do the percentages in that part.
      4. Once you're done hit "save" in the hud bar which should download the image, then you can upload directly from PC to make the image your avatar. If everything is done correctly the gif should work.

Hope this helps, mate. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a VM and I can work you through the steps.

That's a great explanation and should probably be set up somewhere as a guide, but he, unfortunately, isn't talking about avatars, but profile pictures. :p

that day is mine

Old December 19th, 2014 (7:41 AM).
      Hollow.

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      That's a great explanation and should probably be set up somewhere as a guide, but he, unfortunately, isn't talking about avatars, but profile pictures. :p
      Same thing applies to profile pictures, just needs to be within the dimensions eligible or it will resize the gif to a static image. I've had one in the past as my profile picture so I know it works. Just replace avatar with profile picture in that explanation and you're golden.
      Old December 19th, 2014 (6:22 PM).

Nature: Lax
        I'd like to have a gif as a avatar, is there anything that I can do to have the image in my avi move? Yes, the file is a .gif
        Old December 19th, 2014 (6:28 PM).
        the day was mine

Quote:
        Originally Posted by El Héroe Oscuro View Post

Steps to resize image:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by GhostTrainer View Post
        I'd like to have a gif as a avatar, is there anything that I can do to have the image in my avi move? Yes, the file is a .gif
        Just two posts above El Héroe Oscuro posted a great guide on how to make sure your .gif moves in your avatar. :)

that day is mine

Old December 19th, 2014 (6:37 PM).

Nature: Lax
          Quote:
          Just two posts above El Héroe Oscuro posted a great guide on how to make sure your .gif moves in your avatar. :)
          Thank you for pointing that out to me!
          Old December 20th, 2014 (6:59 PM).
          Changing Seasons~

Nature: Relaxed
          I got 2 questions :)
          When i click on a thread thats the last posted in that forum it brings u too that post generally but when i click it sometimes it brings me too a page 1-3 pages before that with some random post and i end up quoting it or something and its like a couple weeks old lol is this a normal problem or is it just because i work on my ipad?
          Another is more an inquiry haha i looked at the 2 threads im the real dave made and he said some pretty insulting things to the community and was not very "nice" to the staff actually he was very rude im just wondering why it took so long to ban him or are we all just that nice here :)
          Also is it really acceptable to have him post things like come on over to "my forum"?
          Credit
          Haitus
          Discord
          Old December 20th, 2014 (7:14 PM).

Nature: Jolly
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dedenne1 View Post
          I got 2 questions :)
          When i click on a thread thats the last posted in that forum it brings u too that post generally but when i click it sometimes it brings me too a page 1-3 pages before that with some random post and i end up quoting it or something and its like a couple weeks old lol is this a normal problem or is it just because i work on my ipad?
          It probably takes you to the post in which was made after you last read the thread. If you want to go to the last post in the thread, click the arrow beside the timestamp instead of on the actual thread and it should take you there.

Quote:
          Another is more an inquiry haha i looked at the 2 threads im the real dave made and he said some pretty insulting things to the community and was not very "nice" to the staff actually he was very rude im just wondering why it took so long to ban him or are we all just that nice here :)
          I'm not representing those that took action, so this may or may not have a correct analysis, but usually the higher staff has to come to a majority before placing a ban, or a user would also have to accumulate the proper amount of infraction points first before they're banned. Sometimes it's case-by-case basis as well.

Quote:
          Also is it really acceptable to have him post things like come on over to "my forum"?
          Of course not! If you ever see advertising, always report it!
          Old December 20th, 2014 (7:54 PM).
          Changing Seasons~

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
          It probably takes you to the post in which was made after you last read the thread. If you want to go to the last post in the thread, click the arrow beside the timestamp instead of on the actual thread and it should take you there.

I'm not representing those that took action, so this may or may not have a correct analysis, but usually the higher staff has to come to a majority before placing a ban, or a user would also have to accumulate the proper amount of infraction points first before they're banned. Sometimes it's case-by-case basis as well.

Of course not! If you ever see advertising, always report it!
          Thank u i saw it at the top of the post that he had an issue and there was a better thread on another forum that his "buddies" and he added a link and everything so i do think those threads started by him should be deleted. Thanks again Tsutarja! :)
          Credit
          Haitus
          Discord
          Old December 20th, 2014 (7:54 PM).
          aka Ronnie

Nature: Calm
          Visitor messages just vanished. Am I the only one noticing that problem? :o
          Old December 20th, 2014 (8:06 PM).
          high as hope

Nature: Quirky
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alfieri View Post
          Visitor messages just vanished. Am I the only one noticing that problem? :o
          I'm still seeing visitor messages on your profile as far as my end is concerned. Maybe it's an issue with the forum skin you're using?
          Old December 20th, 2014 (8:07 PM).
          la justice

Nature: Timid
          Hiroshi was doing some coding changes to the VMs for banned members and it had a hiccup. Sorry about that!

some princes don't become kings.
          Old December 20th, 2014 (10:55 PM).

Is the multiple quoting notifications bug fixed yet?

Normally I'd be patient but it's been over 8 months since I first addressed this issue. It must be a more difficult problem to fix than I originally thought?
          Old December 21st, 2014 (5:37 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Aeroblast View Post
          Is the multiple quoting notifications bug fixed yet?

Normally I'd be patient but it's been over 8 months since I first addressed this issue. It must be a more difficult problem to fix than I originally thought?
          It's on the to-do list. It's not like it's being worked on for 8 months, there have been other priorities to be worked on. That said it's... for lack of better words, an awkward bug to fix. Hopefully it will get looked at in the near future. For now though, it doesn't take long to close a notification, nor is the bug too frequent.
          Old December 21st, 2014 (5:38 AM).
          Banned

Why are there so many forum themes?
            Old December 21st, 2014 (5:43 AM).
            high as hope

Nature: Quirky
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
            Why are there so many forum themes?
            Because everyone has different tastes I guess, and there's so many designs because everyone likes different things. Not much else I can say other than that I think. But hey, diversity is good!
            Old December 21st, 2014 (8:38 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by stranger View Post
            It's on the to-do list. It's not like it's being worked on for 8 months, there have been other priorities to be worked on. That said it's... for lack of better words, an awkward bug to fix. Hopefully it will get looked at in the near future. For now though, it doesn't take long to close a notification, nor is the bug too frequent.
            Thanks for answering.

I mean, the bug itself seems like nothing major, but having been such a long time since I last addressed this and with no signs of this bug being worked on I was just concerned.

And personally, it does happen quite frequently and I do it to others too, often unknowingly.
            Old December 22nd, 2014 (2:27 AM).
            Banned

Nature: Naive
              Is there any way I can make Generation 2 my default forum theme? Whenever I log back in, I get Let's Fly Together again.
              Old December 22nd, 2014 (2:29 AM).
              press start to play_

Nature: Naive
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Galmar View Post
              Is there any way I can make Generation 2 my default forum theme? Whenever I log back in, I get Let's Fly Together again.
              If you scroll down a bit in your options, you can set your default theme and it will stay. Just remember to hit save!
              Closed Thread

Quick Reply