• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Duo-Species Challenge

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm sorry for replying to a post this old, but I was reading through the thread and saw this. You traded in the Fire Stone?
Just saying, it breaks the rules to do so, as it says any and all hacking/trading is forbidden except for a few exceptions, which this does not apply to one of said exceptions.
------------------------------------------------------
I think it's Route 9 where the fire stone is found - that route that leads to Glittering Cave
Didn't trade in anything

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
I think it's Route 9 where the fire stone is found - that route that leads to Glittering Cave
Didn't trade in anything
But you said transfer in the post I quoted, and your update after that, here, says you evolved Eevee before Viola, which isn't possible without trading.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Slight update:

Spoiler:

Spr_6x_037_s.png

Vulpix
Level 7 ~ Female ~ Flash Fire ~ Adamant
Ember ~ Tail Whip ~ Roar

Spr_6x_470.png

Leafeon
Level 8 ~ Male ~ Leaf Guard ~ Adamant
Sand Attack ~ Tackle ~ Tail Whip ~ Natural Gift​

Fun fact: My Eevee had Pokerus and now all the Pokemon I own on this save have it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Looking back I think I made Eevee evolve before transferring it to the challenge

Whether you traded it in as an Eevee or a Flareon, it's still against the rules, since you can get a Fire Stone in-game.
Then I realised I got mixed up and that Santalune Forest has no Moss Rock so I transfered the Eevee back to Omega Ruby and evolved it into Leafeon.

Same as the situation with Poke Fox, since you can evolve Eevee to Leafeon legitimately in-game pre-E4, you broke a rule.
The moss rock is on Route 20. I know it's late, but it's still pre-E4 and available during the game.

So I'll move your guys' challenges to the rule-free section later.
And I added this to the OP because this seems to be something that's unclear.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Whether you traded it in as an Eevee or a Flareon, it's still against the rules, since you can get a Fire Stone in-game.

Same as the situation with Poke Fox, since you can evolve Eevee to Leafeon legitimately in-game pre-E4, you broke a rule.
The moss rock is on Route 20. I know it's late, but it's still pre-E4 and available during the game.

So I'll move your guys' challenges to the rule-free section later.
And I added this to the OP because this seems to be something that's unclear.

Ah, sorry about that. It was indeed unclear. Feel free to scrap my challenge. I'll start over with a different choice of pokemon since I never got that far to begin with. Just need to look at what's available and what isn't and maybe just do a bunch of wonder trades to add some more pokemon to my bank. Was actually considering doing a run using Absol and some other pokemon that doesn't evolve and now you got me the reason to do it xD

EDIT:

New sign up:

Username: Ahri
Game: Y
Challenge: Solo
Pokemon:
lapras.gif
absol.gif

Last edited:

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I'm signing up for this, Duo-Species is one of my favorite challenges!

(However, as a rules clarification, one of my Pokemon is unavailable before the 1st badge, and the other is not in the regional Pokedex, so am I allowed to hack both of them in or just the one? And as far as Moon Stones go, they're available in the Underground and via Pickup, so I can hack one in as soon as I could access the underground right? Because they are otherwise unobtainable in Diamond.)

Name: thenickel09
Game: Diamond
Pokemon:
nidoqueen.gif
lopunny.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I'm signing up for this, Duo-Species is one of my favorite challenges!

(However, as a rules clarification, one of my Pokemon is unavailable before the 1st badge, and the other is not in the regional Pokedex, so am I allowed to hack both of them in or just the one? And as far as Moon Stones go, they're available in the Underground and via Pickup, so I can hack one in as soon as I could access the underground right? Because they are otherwise unobtainable in Diamond.)

Name: thenickel09
Game: Diamond
Pokemon:
nidoqueen.gif
lopunny.gif

For all it's worth, I'm playing Platinum on my 3DS atm and I can access the Underground just fine even without any sort of wi-fi. So I'm guessing you'll be spending quite some time down there looking for that moon stone since it IS obtainable in your game. Just my 2 cents.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016

You can hack in both Pokemon, the only requirement is that they're legal.

But for the Moon Stone. As Ahri said, it's available in-game, so no, you can't hack it in.

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Ok, quick update because I'm really into challenges and such:

Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
After catching 14 Cleffa in Mt. Coronet, I FINALLY got a Moon Stone to evolve Nidorina.
Just sayin', wouldn't it have been easier to just to dig it up from the underground? It's also free, since you don't have to use any items like Pokeballs, and you can make some good money by selling the other stuff you dig up, like star pieces, rare bones, etc.
----------------------------------
Omega Ruby: 3/8
I'm in Fallarbor Town, and my team is:
028.png
Lv.26 @Quick Claw
- Aerial Ace, Rollout, Magnitude, Fury Cutter

331.png
Lv.28 @None
- Needle Arm, Leech Seed, Payback, Ingrain

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Just sayin', wouldn't it have been easier to just to dig it up from the underground? It's also free, since you don't have to use any items like Pokeballs, and you can make some good money by selling the other stuff you dig up, like star pieces, rare bones, etc.

Probably would have lol, but Moon Stones are just as rare in the Underground as they are to be found on wild Cleffa, plus I had the amulet coin since before Hearthome City so I wasn't too worried about money.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Username: OverHerbivore3
Version: Theta Emerald (difficulty and pokemon hack) emerald hack
Single/Ultimate?:Rule Free
Pokemon: Emboar/Flygon

Edit: Do i post updates?

Last edited:

Lynda

Redhead Ponytail Gal
Years
Username: Lynda
Version: Gold
Single/Ultimate?: Single
Pokemon: Butterfree/Wigglytuff

I had a question regarding a trading situation. In Pokemon Gold the only legitimate way to obtain the Psych Up TM is to trade an Abra or Kadabra from Red/Blue into Gold. The Abra or Kadabra will be holding the Psych Up TM.

I was thinking of trying out a strategy involving Swagger and Psych Up on Wigglytuff, but the only legitimate way to teach Wigglytuff Psych Up in Generation II involves a trade. I feel like this is an unusual enough situation where it should be okay, since it's the only way you're capable of getting that TM. Unlike other item trades where you'd be giving yourself an early unfair advantage, this is the intended way to get this item, and it's even locked off from you until the Time Capsule event in Ecruteak. That gives the Psych Up TM a specific time and location in the game where you can obtain it, just like any other item in the game.

Would I be allowed to trade an Abra from Red to get the Psych Up TM?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Updated the main post.

I'm also dropping my Sandslash/Cacturne challenge, and doing Ludicolo/Shiftry instead.

Years
I am getting back into this so in addition to LG that I plan on starting today because I am sick I am going to do several other games alongside that I guess ^.^

Username: AoTora
Version: Fire Red Omega [FireRed]
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single
Pokemon: Xatu and Luvdisc

Username: AoTora
Version: Ruby
Pokemon: Masquerain and Exeggutor

Username:
Version: Red++ Hard Version [Red]
Pokemon: Tauros and Sylveon