• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

From The PokéCommunity Staff: Hurricane Irma - Let Us Know

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
It does seem to be a pretty slow moving storm. Even here down south, it's just been rain and wind off and on throughout the day. We have been given a 7:00 pm curfew though.

yea its still the same just like that where i am

just 5 hours ago we thought it would be storming horribly by 2:00, so at this point, we are just like "just come already!"

Years
Just figured I would let you guys know I'm in Port Saint Lucie on the east coast of Florida. We are going to stick it out at home but we are fully prepared.

Years
I may be down in a place well away from this destruction, but I still send my prayers to the Floridian members who may be affected by Irma.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
now its raining really hard and the wind is pretty bad, but we still have power somehow... I'm really surprised because I thought we would lose power a long time ago.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
update: lights flickered for a minute just a few minutes after my last post

I'm going to bed and ill probably lose power over night

see y'all. stay safe!

Years
It's not raining yet in Tampa but it's getting windy outside. Just took a trip back to my house to grab stuff and 98% of businesses I passed are either closed and/or boarded up.

Years
Hm, I woke up about 30 minutes ago and it looked like the power was either coming on from a black out or a brown out(flickering), and you all from Florida know how common brown outs are...

Anyways, I'm blessed to have power now...surprisingly.

Sounds/looks like moderate rain and 30~ mph winds. We cut out little holes in our shutters to be able to have some kind of view to the outside world.

Hope everyone is safe, especially ya'll on the south- west coast and the keys. ;-;

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Praise the sun I still have power! The wind's blowing really hard and the rain is coming down just as bad as well. My aunt, who doesn't live too far away from me, has been without power since early morning. The lights have flickered occasionally, but we're still good.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I think the storm should be reaching my area in no more than a few hours from now, though it feels kinda weird that we haven't seen any intense winds yet. I was expecting the weather to start getting rougher yesterday evening, but it seems that probably isn't going to happen until tonight, then. =/

Please stay safe, everyone! ^-^

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
doing alright here in georgia, couldn't evacuate if I wanted to.. floridians bought up all the damn food and gas, and they're hogging the left lanes lmao. should be fine tho, we're supposed to start seeing the weather in the AM. just worried about losing power, don't have candles or flashlights in my dorm

Years
It's still pretty windy here after the hurricane has passed. Power is out to over 300,000 in Tampa alone, but it's still on at my evacuation place. Power is out at my house though, which worries me.

Years
Power came back on today around 6pm after 26 hours without power in 86 degree, 90% humidity conditions lol. We made due pretty well though I think. No flooding at all where I am. We have a massive drainage canal behind us that didn't even look much higher than usual and the swales were dry this morning. Got the generator running this afternoon.

Now here's to hoping we don't get hit by Jose; especially since I just took down all the shutters...Hope you're all doing fine :)

PS: I live in Port Saint Lucie {east coast south of Ft Pierce}.

Years
Hiii~! So, power just came back after 25 hours without it. My house is fine, and most of the neighborhood is too. However, earlier today I did do some driving around to see how everyone else fared. Most of the roads were flooded, many had trees uprooted in their yard, destroying fencing or even landing on their roof, there were some toppled garages and flooded churches and stores. Most stores/restaurants will be open tomorrow (Tuesday), so hopefully that'll help everyone out. All I know is that it's going to be very busy tomorrow at work.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
lol, I only lost power after the storm had passed! We just got power back to our complex like half an hour ago. Not really any flooding in the area, but a ton of downed trees, fences, and a lot of areas without electricity.

We dodged a bullet here in Miami again.

Years
My home is fine! I will be returning to it today and settling back down now that power is back on.

Oh, and later on I do have a storm damage pic from Tampa to share.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Didn't downtown Miami get slightly wrecked though or was it just slight flooding and destroyed signs or something like that? I saw a bit of downtown Miami in the news so I was rather concerned. D:

Downtown (as most times) got the worst of it. There was flooding, a ton of downed trees, and I hear even a few construction cranes fell. But on a whole, the city was spared much of Irma's wrath.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
i just got power back after losing it since the hurricane hit. Aside from the power outage, there wasnt much damage to my house. There were quite a few uprooted trees elsewhere though, and my school sustained a lot of damage, so we dont have school until next week.

im glad that it seems that everyone here on PC is alright

Back