• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Galar's Darkest Hour

Years
  • Age 32
  • Uk
  • Seen Aug 5, 2020
A darker retelling of the Eternatus battle from Pokémon Sword and Shield. The battle affects the entire Galar Region. With an important battle on hold, Victor waits while dealing with flashbacks.

Defeating Rose had not been easy for Victor and Hop. Instead of stopping them, the Chairman let them pass. He even congratulated Victor for beating him. Roars fill the air as Victor and Hop exit the elevator. Leon's Charizard knocked down a large skeleton-like dragon Pokémon. Was this creature even a Pokémon? It looked like it came from another dimension.

Charizard roared as he subdued the beast. He was covered in deep gashes. But the fire-type does not seem bothered. Charizard's tail flame flared up when the beast rose up. "So you can still fight? Bring it then!"

Clutching the rusted sword, Victor released Dover. "Help out Charizard." He told the Inteleon. Dover nodded and protected Charizard from a blast of energy from the dragon with Ice Beam.

"He's done it!" A smile formed on Hop's face. He gazed at the dragon who growled in pain. "Great work, Lee!"

As the dragon lunged at Victor and Hop, Charizard blocked it with Dragon Claw. Dover growled and sniped the beast. Charizard gave the Inteleon a growl of thanks.

"You came to help me in spite of the danger?" Leon briefly glanced at Victor and Hop. Victor noticed the Champion's eyes widen. There was not even a scratch on Leon. It was like the beast was unable to touch him.

"We had to come. Even if you can deal with this." Victor flinched as the dragon sent out a blast of energy. This creature was much dangerous than any Pokémon Victor had seen. "We got the sword and shield. To help you…" He stopped, noticing Leon's look of scepticism. "Yes, two gym challengers turn up with rusted weapons. I do not blame you, Leon." Victor gazed at the rusted sword. "But they must be helpful."

"No need for you two to worry." Despite his doubt, Leon remained focused. "Charizard and the rest of my champion team members have really worn Eternatus down." This dragon, Eternatus lets out roars of pain. It glared at Leon and Charizard, struggling to attack again. But the beast could cripple anyone with a loud roar. The injuries it received appeared not to phase it. "It seems like some power of Eternatus's was keeping my team from Dynamaxing, but... we've had a champion time all the same!" Leon nodded to let Charizard know to stand down. Getting out an Ultra Ball, he declared. "Now if I can simply catch it and we should be able to get this madness under control."

Leon threw the Ultra Ball at Eternatus and took a few steps back. Victor held his breath and Hop cheered as the dragon was captured. As the Ball wobbled, Victor held his breath. Seconds passed and Leon gestured to Charizard who shielded the pair. An ear-splitting explosion blasted out from the ball, breaking it.

Leon had been caught in the explosion. "No, Leon!" Victor yelled as he uncovered his eyes. The Champion was knocked down and laid motionless in a pool of his own blood. Leon struggled to breath as he attempted to look at Eternatus. As if he would get back up and face the beast again. But he would be unable to now. Victor and Hop ran to Leon, both fearful. He was unbeatable, yet he had been knocked down.

"Damn it! Leon, please-" Victor cursed as his heart lurched. "Fuck. Not our Champion." He stood between the weakened Champion and that beast. Uncertainty crept into Victor's mind. Glaring at Eternatus, Victor shouted. "You see what you have done to Leon!" He wanted that beast to understand how he felt.

"Lee!" Hop yelled, forgetting about the danger. He turned and ran toward Leon. "Please don't-"

"Look out!" Leon yelled when Eternatus went for them. Victor stood in front of Hop and glared at Eternatus. Dover drove back the beast with Ice Beam. This sent it back, roaring in pain.

"Do not even think about blasting anyone else!" Dover hissed as he glared at Eternatus. "You know you took down the Champion of the Galar Region?" The beast roared and Dover got ready to Snipe Shot it if he must. The Inteleon took Eternatus' attention away from the trainers.

Charizard snarled as his injures took a toll on him. "Leon." The fire-type gasped as he walked over to his fallen master with some effort. "You cannot die now, Champion." He laid down beside Leon and looked at Victor. "You have unfinished work."

"I-I will… definitely… make it, Charizard." Leon lifted up his head and smiled weakly at his partner. He then gave his attention to Victor and Hop. "But… now… it… is…" Leon's eyes drained of that spark as his strength quickly faded. Coughing up blood, he nodded. "So… you both… have… Here... you... must…" The Champion placed another Ultra Ball near Victor. "Victor, Hop. You… two should-" Weakened from his injuries, Leon passed out.

"Lee, please hold on." Hop's voice shook. He held Leon's hand, not wanting to leave his side. "Lee!" Hop's eyes fill with fear at the amount of blood lost. "Don't-"

"Come on, Hop. We have to deal with this." Victor placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. But Hop did not respond. He put Leon's fallen hat next to him. "Or the region will be doomed." Eternatus could also severely damage or kill them. Victor pushed the thought away. He cannot think like that right now.

"I-" Hop whispered, still clutching Leon's hand. "How can I? Let Lee bleed out? Just leave me, Victor." The rusted shield in Hop's grasp falls to the ground.

"Hey, Hop!" Victor yelled, getting Hop's attention. Wasting time would only leave Leon in a more critical state. With the amount of blood he was losing. "Listen to me!" Victor pointed to Eternatus who cried in pain.

Hop's eyes twitched as he turned to Victor, yelling. "No!" His enraged high-pitched voice makes Victor took a step back. "Just look at Lee, Victor!" Breathless with his anger, Hop clenched his fists. He pointed to the weakened Champion as his voice lowered. "He's really hurt. So I should just forget him?" Hop glared at Victor, showing the blood on his hands. "You don't have a brother. So don't-"

"Do not talk like that! Of course I have family!" Victors pulled Hop around to face him. "But Galar will suffer if Eternatus is not stopped." Victor got Hop's attention to the darkened sky. "You think Leon would want that? His brother refusing to fight? To let Galar fall into ruin?"

Hop took a moment to think over Victor's words. "No. Lee wouldn't. No lives should be lost." Picking up the shield, he composed himself. "Hang in there, please." Hop whispered, looking towards Leon and sent out Dubwool. The sheep Pokémon cried out to his trainer. "We have to take on Eternatus." Hop tells his partner.

"Here." Victor held up the Ultra Ball. "You should use this, to avenge your brother."

Hop shook his head. "No, you should be the one to do it, Victor."

With a nod, Victor called to Dover. Who was holding his own against Eternatus. "Try to freeze Eternatus and subdue it!"

"For the Champion and Galar!" Dover sent out a strong blast of freezing air. The dragon roared as the ice partially froze it. A headbutt from Dubwool sent Eternatus reeling. Roaring, Eternatus shot up into the darkened sky.

"It's getting- If only Eternatus' power did not stop me from Gigantamaxing." Dover growled, watching the energy surround Eternatus. The dragon started to transform drastically. Eternatus' body grew longer and snake-like. The beast's head was now a clawed hand.

Eternatus' giant form loomed over them and roared. Dover's and Dubwool's attacks were now unable to faze it. Victor and Hop looked at each other in desperation. "We must call Zacian and Zamazenta." Victor lifted up the sword. "Galar will suffer destruction, Zacian."

"We are the onies who can aide you." A faint voice replied in his mind. "Yonge hero who wischen to stoppen the Derk Day."

Howls filled the air causing Eternatus to roar and send out a blast of energy. Two wolf Pokémon shielded the group from the blast. They both looked majestic even with the scars on their bodies.

The blue wolf turned to Victor. "The sweord given min trewe forme." Victor held up the sword and Zacian was surrounded in bright light. Blue armour covered the Pokémon's body. She looked so regal, so does Zamazenta in his armour. Zacian turned towards the unconscious Leon. "That humain is important to your contree."

Victor nodded, trembling. The amount of blood that Leon had lost was terrifying. "Yes, he is. Please let's quickly deal with Eternatus, Zacian." He did not want to order this legendary Pokémon around. But many were in danger of losing their lives.

"We are meant to defenden this contree." Zacian gazed at Victor with her intense eyes. "For everich humain and enchaunteing creature."

"Yes, I am worried for Lee." Hop told Zamazenta who looked at him intently. "But we need to stop the Darkest Day to save Galar."

Along with Zacian, Zamazenta howled to boost their strength. Zacian moved so fast that Eternatus cannot react. She slashed the beast with such force that could cut it in half. With a blade of psychic energy, she wounded Eternatus even more.Zacian avoided every attack that Eternatus threw at her. With freezing fangs, she sent the beast reeling. But it prepared for another attack.

Zamazenta protected Victor and Hop from Eternatus' fatal blasts. With a snarl, he slammed into the beast with his powered-up shield. The wolf then gave his foe a bone-shattering Crunch.

"Leten ende this for the deyen humain and the contree." Zacian snarled as she lifted up the sword. She slashed with such force that could cut Eternatus in half. Along with Dover's Ice Beam, Eternatus was now very worn down.

"Now it can be caught!" Victor yelled as he threw the Ultra Ball. It had to work this time. "It cannot-" Victor braced himself for another explosion.

"Not this tyme, yonge hero." Zacian stood in front of Victor. Eyes blazing as she glared at the struggling Eternatus.

Exhaling, Victor nodded as he watched the weakened dragon resisting. "No, not this time." With a lot of effort, the ball caught the dragon. Sighing in relief, Victor picked up the Ball. The sky has cleared, but Victor's mind is not.

"The derk dragoun moste remainen guarder." Zacian's calm voice told Victor. "Or the contree ayain will go thrugh a disastre."

"No one else will do this." Victor gazed at the Ultra Ball. "Thank you, Zacian."

"Thanks, Zamazenta." Hop's voices shook, but he managed a smile. "He cannot die." Hop replied to Zamazenta's telepathy.

The two wolves howled and departed back to the Slumbering Weald. With the threat over, Victor told Dover. "Good Job, partner."

The Inteleon flashed a brief smile. "I am always with you." He hissed softly. Victor recalled his partner then turned to Hop.

"Well done, mate." Victor smiled at him. "You and Zamazenta were a great team."

"Yes." Hop's voice quietened as he walked over to Leon. Charizard had remained close to his trainer. Yelling, he turned to Victor. "No, he is losing so much blood!"

Weakly growling, Charizard lifted up his blooded talons. It was also not enough to stop the bleeding. "Good job, you two." A smile formed on the tired fire-type. "Hey." He growled to his dying trainer. "You can get through anything." Even Leon was unable to respond to him. Charizard continued telling the Champion about overpowering strong challengers. That he cannot die right now.

"Storm!" Victor called as he released the Corviknight. "Get help. Champion Leon is near death."

A flash of concern flashed across Storm's face. "I shall be quick." He cawed and flew off to find anybody who could help.

Victor tore off strips from his jacket and wrapped them around Leon's wounds. "Leon will not die, Hop. He can overcome things thrown at him." He held them tightly even when his hands got soaked. Victor trembled, unsure if from fear or anger.

"Yes." The fear left Hop's eyes. Though there was doubt in his voice. "He will." But with the amount of blood Leon has lost, they both were uncertain. He sat near his dying brother without saying another word.

"I'm sure, Hop." Victor comforted his friend. "Storm, please be quick." He looked up to the sky. The Champion got closer to death with every second.

The wait for Storm got more painful. Victor thought about using the rest of his jacket to help Leon. He cursed, Rose should see this. The Champion was dying on the roof of his damn power plant. This must be a nightmare, Victor closed his eyes. He should wake up to his victory or loss against Leon.

Quicksand hissed as she slithered up to Leon. Since she was nearly out of sand, her eyes drooped. "Make it, Leon. Just like when I lack sand."

The life in Leon was fading fast. His body got colder as more blood was lost. Victor wrapped more strips around the wounds. But the blood still flowed. "He cannot make it now." Tears started to fall down Victor's face. But he wiped them away. His team cannot see their trainer breaking down.

"He must be helped quickly. Helped quickly." Lightning barked, trembling. The Boltund nudged the Champion's hand. "Hey, Leon." He whined as he licked him.

Charred snarled, sending out sparks of fire. "The Chairman's actions caused the Champion to nearly die!" His many legs trembled as his anger flared. "Shall we find him after this, Victor?" Strike swings her leek sword in agreement.

"We should." Victor replied while giving Lightning a comforting stroke. "Storm!" He called as he saw the Corviknight leading a taxi.

Hop remained beside Leon and whispered. "Lee, Storm has got help. Hang on." Victor was able to tell that Hop wished that Leon could regain consciousness. But the Champion was unable to right now.

"Good work, Storm. Good work." Lightning howled as Storm landeded with the taxi.

Storm tipped his head. "I have less of a grudge to Corviknight Taxis."

A doctor stepped out of the taxi. His eyes widen as he raised his voice. "Arceus! It's the Champion? Why is- What happened?"

Victor and Hop told him about what happened with Eternatus. After hearing their story, Leon was taken away for treatment. Victor recalled everyone to their Pokéballs and headed back down. He looked at his blood-stained hands and shivered. "Hop, you go on." Victor whispered, trying to stop the tears.

"Victor." Hop took Victor's hand. "Let's-"

"I just need a moment with Dover." Victor mumbled, wiping the blood from his hands. "I meet you back in Wyndon."
Hop nodded and left him. Feeling bad about pushing him away, Victor cursed. He kicked at the door as he left the power plant. Not caring if it broke, Victor gave it a punch and yelled. "He is nearly fucking dead, Rose!"

As he walked through Hammerlocke Stadium's entrance, Victor stopped himself. Raihan did not deserve his grief and anger. Had the Dragon User heard of the incident yet?

"Dover." Victor mumbled as he released his partner. The Inteleon looked at him with a solemn expression.

"Victor, your mind is deteriorating." Dover could see this from Victor's appearance. "Let yourself and the others rest."

Victor was about to retort, he wanted to stay in the Wild Area. The blood on him could be washed off in the lake. But he found himself agreeing with Dover. "Let's get to the Pokémon Centre." Victor scowled as he walked on. He would stay anywhere that was not owned by Rose.

Now back at Wyndon, Victor locked himself in his hotel room. He laid on his bed, refusing to talk with anyone. Even to Hop and his own Pokémon. Victor clutched at the ball that held Eternatus. "Come on you beast. Try and take me out." But the Pokémon is sealed tightly inside. "Why cannot you stay in when Leon caught you?!" He screamed, almost throwing it. "Don't do that, Victor." Victor shook his head. That would be a disaster if it broke out again.

He heard knocking on his room's door. "What do they fucking want?" Victor put the ball down and goes to open it. A man in uniform stood outside. "You are the one who caught Eternatus?" He asked, unware about Victor's distress.

"Yes." Victor tried to keep the anger out of his voice. "Take that beast away. Destroy it if you have to." He shivered at his last words before reminding himself that Eternatus was dangerous. The man took the beast and left.

Victor picked up the television remote, but hesitated. He feared the worst if he turned on the news. Reluctantly, Victor switched on the television. Dread filled him as he changed to the news report.

Leon had died. The doctors treating him are trying to resuscitate the Champion. But he had suffered severe damage and blood loss.

"No…" Victor turns of the television, trembling. He cannot bear to hear more. Victor let the tears flow. No one can see him cry. The Champion was gone now, all thanks to Rose. He would always be grateful to Leon. For letting him start the journey around Galar. Even when Victor struggled to talk to the man.

"Victor." Lightning's whine got Victor's attention. "Something has happened to him?"

"Yes." Victor sobbed as he petted Lightning. "Leon is dead. Fuck Rose. That impatient, murdering bastard."

Lightning's howls pierced the room. "No! No!" The Boltund laid down, trembling. It pained Victor seeing his energetic friend in this state.

"Our journey is over." Victor told Lightning. "I wished I got the chance to thank him."

"Really?" Lightning licked Victor's hand. "What about us?"

"We stay together and find Rose." Victor spat out the man's name. "Charred will go all out on him." He smacked the wall several times. Victor's fists ached, but he ignored the pain. "Burn him alive. See how he likes that."

Lightning's fur sparked as he snarled. "Everyone loved Leon. We did too. Even Charred."

"We did." Victor gazed at the celling. He cursed as someone knocks on his door. "Just piss off." Just staying on the bed seemed to ease him a little.

"Victor, it could be Hop." Lightning whined as he walked over to the door.

"Crap, I need to be there for him." Victor opened the door to see his grief-stricken friend. "Hey, come in."

"Lee has-" Hop sobbed as Victor hugged him. His Dubwool bleated as he nudged his trainer. Hop responded to Dubwool with a gentle pat.

"I know." Victor whispered. He wished that he had done more to help Leon. "But what else could I do?" Not a lot, Victor told himself. He let Hop sit on the bed. "You can stay here." Victor told him, trying to smile.

Hop wiped away his tears. "Should I, Victor?" He petted Lightning as the Boltund licked his hand. Closing his eyes, Hop mumbled. "Couldn't they save him at all?"

"I had hope." Victor replied as he sat beside Hop. "Leon is supposed to be unbeatable." The man had always conquered any challenge thrown at him. "Catching a Pokémon should not be a problem for Leon." Victor thought to himself, scowling.

Hop sat there without saying a word. He had now shut down, worrying Victor. This was much worse than when Hop got defeated by Bede. It would be harder to get him out of this. But Victor would never leave Hop's side.

"You can rest on the bed. You are welcome to." Victor saw the tiredness in Hop's eyes.

"I wish I can." Hop whispered, unable to look at Victor. "I just want…" He drifted off as Dubwool snuggled up to him.

Victor left Hop to rest and spoke with Lightning. "Hop will not be the same after this." He mumbled as he stroked his partner's snout.

"No one will be." Lightning growled softly. The Boltund was right, Victor agreed. This would affect Galar so much.

Despite the blood loss, Leon had been revived. But Victor's grief and anger did not leave. He hid his pain for Hop who had brightened up. His friend's happiness brought a smile to Victor. He felt that he did not smile in ages.

Still the nightmares keep returning. The same things played out in them. Leon lying helpless and bleeding. The powered up Eternatus roaring and lunging at them. Victor found himself yelling when he woke up. This startled Lightning who slept near him.

Getting up, Victor slammed his fist into the wall. Why can't these flashbacks leave him? "That bastard! He can wait for 50 years!" He yelled, a part of him wanted to let Charred burn Rose. Scowling, Victor headed to the window to calm himself. Outside the Tower looms, Victor glared at it. Screw Macro Cosmos and their crisis, Leon nearly died. He smacked the window, not caring if it smashed.

"Victor!" Dover's growling hiss stopped him. The Inteleon gave Victor an intense glare. "Do not let you anger-"

"If it was not for Leon." Victor snapped, making Dover blink. "We would not have met."

"We have wouldn't. But-" Dover remained calm. This is slightly annoying to Victor.

"He had suffered for trying to catch that beast." Victor tightened his fists, trembling. "You have seen him in that terrible state."

"Remember, the man is unbeatable." Dover's eyes darkened as Victor recalled the event.

"Then he cannot fail." Victor snarled as he attempted to recall Dover.

Dover lowered down Victor's arm. "I can see the desire for revenge in your eyes. I do not want my trainer feeling that."

"Just let me be alone." Victor turned away and recalled Dover. He tried to get rid of the returning flashbacks. He sat back on the bed, cursing. "Just let that bastard Rose suffer." By the flames of an angry Centiskorch. Taking out Charred's Poké Ball, Victor trembled. He hated these dark thoughts.

Maybe taking a walk would clear his head. "Fuck off, Macro Cosmos." Victor snarled as the tower taunted him. Wyndon has quiet green spaces. Victor would just hang around them until the battle with Leon. When people praised him, Victor nearly snapped. "The Champion is supposed to deal with this. But he failed! Leon managed to weaken Eternatus. So don't forget about his role in saving Galar!" He tries to shout these words, but stops himself.

"He is alive." Victor muttered to himself. "So why do I keep feeling this way?" He had lost interest in carrying on with his journey. If only the recent memories would stop tormenting Victor.

"I did not think that Rose would attempt murder." He overheard a couple in a conversation. "Poor Leon… I had been worried for him."

"Just because Rose cannot wait one day. He would do something like that." The man scowled. "I wonder about Leon's condition. Will our Champion be able to keep on battling?"

"I hope so." The woman's voice lowered. "He always has a lot of energy."

"If that bastard can see how Galar feels about him." Victor glared at the ground. After hearing that couple talk, he wished to see Leon. But right now was impossible. The Champion was still in bad shape.

Finding a bench, Victor sat down. "Just leave me alone." He mumbled as two children praised his and Hop's heroic act. "You forgot someone." They soon walk off, leaving him to his thoughts. "Good, just walk on." Victor expected to lose this battle. His mind would be unable to handle being Champion.

Many hours passed and the sun soon starts to set. But Victor remained seated in the quiet park. The street was quiet which Victor was pleased with. No one else will come up to him.

"Hey." A voice whispered, getting Victor's attention. A hooded figure stood by the fence. His face was well hidden by the coming darkness.

"What is it?" Anger flooded Victor's voice. What was up with this man and why was he dressed like that?

"You need some help getting back to the hotel?" The man walked up to Victor. His voice was so quiet that Victor had to strain to hear him. "It is getting late. You need plenty of rest for-"

"Leon is fucking injured and is close to death!" Victor snapped, clenching his fists. "Because that bastard was impatient and released that bloody creature!"

The man sighed then composed himself. "That is tragic, but you know Leon can get through this. You have faith in the Champion?"

"Of course." Victor calmed himself down a bit. "I just want him to recover."

The man nodded, pulling his hood further over his eyes. "Leon will. He is unbeatable after all."

"Yes, Leon is." The man's words slightly eased Victor. "I do have to go back to the hotel."

The man walked alongside Victor through Wyndon's dark streets. Who was he? Victor wondered as he followed. Would he attack Victor and his Pokémon? His fears disappeared when the hotel came into view.

"Thanks, um." Victor turned to the man. What was his name?

"Do not worry about that." The man told Victor. "Just get some rest." He walked off, leaving Victor standing near the door.

Victor returned to his room and switched on the television. Hopefully the music will keep the nightmares away. But they came when he closed his eyes. His hand was again stained with blood and the beast roared. It was about to strike and tear him apart. These visions would never end. Victor knew that they will stay with him forever.

Only blackness surrounded him and he heard cheering. Leon blinked and regained his vision. He stood in Wyndon Stadium. Hearing a familiar growl, he turned. It was Charizard, his partner. They were ready for this battle. At age eighteen, he had been Champion for a while. Leon would win this to continue his reign.

His opponent sent out a Barbaracle. Charizard turned towards Leon and smirked. Saying, "They can try. I have got this."

Leon Gigantamaxed his partner and ordered him to use Max Overgrowth. As a rush of energy flowed through Leon, a light filled his eyes.

He trekked through a forest. Leon had been looking for special mushrooms. But he was now lost. Charmander growled and pointed to a cluster of purple mushrooms.

"Thanks, partner." Leon smiled as he picked up the mushrooms. "Now which way back to the Dojo?" He walked on with Charmander until he stopped at the desert. "It's not this way." Leon turned to Charmander who shook his head.

"You have gotten lost again." Charmander growled. "It will be hard to complete this trial."

The light returned and Leon found himself standing in front of Charizard. His partner roared in delight. "Now I can carry you to the places you need to go, future Champion."

Leon smiled and patted Charizard's snout. "That will not be any trouble, buddy?"

Charizard snorted and spread out his wings. "You will end up in the wrong place, Leon. So it is not."

Leon heard a familiar voice asking him if he was okay. "I am." He tried to reply, but no word came out. Leon should know this voice, but his mind is foggy.

He was lying down, but where? Someone's hand touched his. They are worried, Leon could tell. "Why are they?" He wanted to ask. But still he was unable to speak.

Leon opened his eyes, blinking away the blackness. He looked around, he was in a hospital ward. As Leon exhaled, his chest throbbed slightly. Most of his body was bandaged. He was covered in wounds. But the last thing he remembered was catching Eternatus.

"Lee." He turned to see Hop standing there, whispering his name. Despite the relief in Hop's eyes, he kept them from closing. He had little sleep, Leon could tell.

"Hey, Hop." Leon's voice came out sounding hoarse. He smiled at his younger brother. "How long have you been waiting here?"

"I'm glad that you are alive, Lee!" Hop hugged Leon tightly. "I thought you were gone."

Leon's injuries flared with pain from Hop hugging him. "Whoa, hey." He winced while chuckling. "Careful or my wounds could open up. Then there will be a problem."

"Sorry." Hop released himself from Leon. He paused for a moment before facing Leon directly. "Why didn't you get out of the way quicker?"

"Of what?" Leon raised an eyebrow. His memory from throwing the Ultra Ball onwards was foggy. "Remind me, Hop."

"Eternatus breaking out of the ball." Hop's eyes were fixed on Leon. "That explosion from it almost killed you."

"Oh, it was that." Leon now remembered more of the event. Stepping back after throwing the Ultra Ball. Eternatus freeing itself and the explosion. The burning pain when he was thrown to the floor. "That explosion came quicker than I expected. There was little time even for me."

A shadow crossed Hop's eyes as he nodded. "I understand, Lee." Both he and Leon turned around when footsteps came and stopped outside of the room. Hop's eyes narrowed as he tried to spot the arrival.

"So you two dealt with Eternatus?" Leon wondered to himself how they managed to subdue the beast. When he, the Champion, could not.

"The two wolves Zacian and Zamazenta helped us." Hop's eyes brightened as he turned back to Leon. "The rusted sword and shield gave them enough power to defeat Eternatus."

"So those weapons were necessary." Leon sat up, wincing when his wounds protest. "That was amazing you two saved Galar. You are both heroes. I am proud of you both."

Hop was about to reply, but he just nodded. "Victor was the one to catch it. I felt that he must. The one who will soon battle you."

Leon ruffled Hop's hair and smiled. "Remember, you have done well." His younger brother's league loss still affected him. "I will give Victor a battle that he will not forget. But I will not hold back against him. I will have a champion time." Leon felt like that he could do the battle right now. Even with his injuries.

"Lee!" Hop cried as Leon got out the bed. "You are still-"

"I am alright." Leon reassured him with a smile. "I will just walk about for a bit. I am fired up about our battle."

Hop's eyes widened. "But your wounds."

"It will be fine." Leon chuckled as he embraced Hop. "You think that the unbeatable Champion will sit around all day?"

Also laughing, Hop replied. "No, you wouldn't do that." He quickly turned as a figure walked down the corridor. They had been watched.

Hop watched the figure until they turned around a corner. "Who was that?"

Leon narrowed his eyes. "I wonder." He should let the doctors know about this. As he headed out. Hop stopped him.

"Please, Lee. You could reopen your wounds." Hop cried out. "You must be well enough to battle Victor."

"You are right, I must." Leon agreed. He laid back down on the bed. "It has been great talking with you, Hop. Come again soon." Leon whispered as he closed his eyes. With plenty of rest, he would soon be in Wyndon Stadium. Facing Victor and increasing his winning streak.

He looked on as the Champion and his brother spoke with each other. Pulling the hood over his head, he smiled. Champion Leon had survived, he knew he would. But the man knew that Galar will never forget their Champion nearly dying.

As Hop looked back, Rose moved away from view. The boy would surely be angry with him, like Victor was. He cannot be right now. He needed time with his brother. There was something that the man must do. Because with the whole of Galar hating Rose and with his own regret. He cannot walk freely. Some people said that he attempted murder. Releasing Eternatus on Leon because he did not get his way. The news of their meeting had spread through the region.

"I expected that you would recover, Leon." Rose smiled as he left the hospital. He would wait for the Champion to recover. Rose was sure that he could still battle. Not many people pay attention to him with his hood obscuring his face.

Stopping in front of Wyndon Stadium, Rose looked up. When Leon was well enough to battle Victor. He would watch both of the trainers' intense battle. Then he would turn himself after the event was finished.

"Lee is awake. We talked for a while." Hop beamed as he sent Victor the text. He and Dubwool stood near the river close to the hospital. This news would definitely please him. And everyone in the region.

Victor's reply came quickly. "That's great. I wish him well."

The sound of beating wings got Hop's attention. His Dubwool bleated in surprise. It was Leon's Charizard. "Hop." He growled as he landed. "Leon must be-" The Charizard's eyes were fixed on Hop.

"Yes." Hop patted Charizard's snout. "Lee is doing well. But he got out of bed. With his injures, Lee should not push himself."

"Oh, Leon." Charizard lowered his head, holding back tears. "I am glad that he is fine. Dragapult kept growling on how our trainer was doomed."

"He wasn't." Hop found himself also fighting back tears. Dubwool nudged his hand gently and Hop petted his partner. "I'm just happy, Dubwool." He whispered and smiled.

Licking his hand, Dubwool bleated. "Now I'm not scared for him."

"I told him that Leon would make it." Charizard looked towards to the hospital. "So did Haxorus." With a relieved roar, Charizard bellowed. "Soon, we will be by Leon's side again!"

They would be, if Leon did not strain himself. "Soon, Charizard." Hop doubted that his and Victor's flashbacks will disappear. But Leon pushing through would improve both of their moods.

Victor gazed out the window. His eyes drooped as he struggled to stay awake. News on Leon had been the same. The unbeatable Champion was recovering. Apart from one incident when Leon stood up and started coughing up blood. The doctors had to keep Leon from discharging himself too early.

Still the negative thoughts remained in Victor's mind. Why couldn't Rose wait? Why did Leon fail to catch Eternatus? Scowling, Victor wandered around the hotel corridors. Not caring where he ended up.

In the lobby, Victor heard a voice. "Took me a while to find this hotel." It was Leon, now fully recovered. "Victor, I was just looking for you." The Champion gave him a warm smile. His uniform and cape was now devoid of damage.

Charizard shook his head and snorted. "Victor would not be at the train station."

Victor breathed slowly. "He is alive?" Forgetting how to behave near a Champion, Victor ran up to Leon. "Leon! I-I had been thinking about you for days. You are still a hero." He sobbed as he embraced him. "I cannot bear to be filled with anger anymore. Ending up hurting someone."

Leon winced, there were still lingering wounds. "Hey." He comforted Victor. "Remember, it will take more to finish me."

"I know." Victor mumbled, voice coming out rough. "I just want to have the battle when you are fully recovered."

"I will get you some help." Leon told Victor. "You would not want to suffer with this."

"I do not." Victor wiped away his tears. "For my team."

Leon patted Victor's shoulder, his voice still calm. "I know that you would not want to lash out at others."

Victor took a moment to cool himself and asked. "Our battle will be held soon?" He bowed his head, if the man was able.

"Yes." Leon's eyes gleamed. "It will be tomorrow."

"We will be ready." Victor's voice filled with determination. "It will not be easy for you, Leon. Every one of us will go all out. " He smiled when the Champion did his signature pose. The man's presence erased all the anger from Victor. Leon had that effect on people and he always will.

Last edited:

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
As someone that hasn't played these games, I don't have too much knowledge on all that transpired on the events so I can't say I'm the best equipped in talking about Eternatus or other plot stuff. However, I can say there are two big things I did notice.

1: The pacing was a bit rough. I say this, mainly due to how it seemed we traversed so much content in so little time. We start with what is Rose stepping aside (a few lines in and of itself) to the Eternatus battle, to Leon getting injured, to them pursuing and getting the two wolves to help, to one more fight, to you get the picture. It all feels rather rushed and doesn't take advantage of the strong emotions you're trying to convey. This leads to the second thing.

2: The detailing could use some improvement. Some descriptions about the scene or where everyone is isn't enough to make things clear, so when we do get a point where they are, I'm sitting here sipping on my tea raising a brow. This is not to say that it's a deal-breaker, however, it does make me look back and re-read what I had read to make sure I didn't miss something, leaving me confused when I see I haven't.

Let's use an example of an instance in your story I think you did this very well, but some improvements could be made:
Hop nodded and left him. Feeling bad about pushing him away, Victor cursed. He kicked at the door as he left the power plant. Not caring if it broke, Victor gave it a punch and yelled. "He is nearly psyducking dead, Rose!"

This tells me a lot about Victor's current state as well as other things. However, notice how you have the "feeling bad about pushing him away". This falls into a category called "Telling rather than showing". Now, I'm of the opinion that's not a bad thing, however, it's effectiveness depends on the certain scene and here you use a lot of other gestures with your character. So perhaps instead of saying how the character is feeling, we as the reader can observe his movements and come to such a conclusion. For example, if we replace that part with.

Hop nodded and left him. Victory paused, lowering his eyes to gaze at the crack on the door. "Hop," He mumbled. "Damnit!" Victor suddenly screamed, stomping over to the door, and kicked with all his might. The door swung open violently, as Victor stormed through, without a second thought. He spun around and slammed a punch upon the door, tightening his teeth along with his fist that pressed firmly against the wooden surface. "He is nearly f*cking dead, Rose!"

Now, I'm focusing mainly on these two points since I think these are the biggest hindrances to what this work is trying to convey. That being a darker and perhaps more emotionally charged version of the Eternatus Episode. After all, we get many scenes and many lines of dialogue indicating some strong emotion, however, we only get lines and not motions near as much. We get scenes where the characters are, but we don't see much of how the character is seeing this scene now. Of course, not all of this needs to be implemented and I take it you're still a bit new so I'm of course not expecting a novel, so if you want to take away something from this, I'd say look over your story and think about the scene and ask yourself some questions relating to the characters and place. Stuff like battles and moments between characters have a lot of potentials to invoke feelings and tension by ways other than dialogue so I'd encourage you to explore such options and maybe look at how other authors use the non-voiced narration in order to add more meaning or expand upon the words spoken.

Also, fun fact: So this site changes your curse words to other things, but if you want to keep the same feel to them, I always try and insert an '*' to replace one of the letters so it keeps the same feel.

Back