Have you ever been to an anime convention?

Started by Sheep January 29th, 2019 4:48 PM
  • 32 replies

Sheep

she/her
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
33,159 posts
14.8 Years
yes
Have you ever been to a con? Which one(s)? Did you cosplay? Buy any merchandise? Do you want to go again? If you've never went, would you consider going?? talk cons here \o/

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world."

Caite-chan

...blasting off again!

Age 34
Female
Vermillion City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
9,477 posts
17.7 Years
I have been to ColassalCon in Ohio and Anime Detroit. And I have cosplayed as Formal Leafeon, Leo from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, Eska, Toph and James as his Kalos disgues.
VPP: Zacian @ 9,710 |Futro Region
“I have found Holmes’ methodology of deductive reasoning to be quite
useful. One of his adages is that once you have eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
- Lt. Cmdr. Data

Moderator of: VPP & Pokemon Mobile

gimmepie

Age 25
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
23,331 posts
9.3 Years
I've never been to one and probably never will. Huge crowds of people have never been my thing and I don't have interest in panels, cosplay or merch. I just like watching anime at my leisure at home.
RPWLA&MBattle ServerDaily
Female
USA
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
7,821 posts
3.7 Years
I've been to Anime Expo a couple of times and I cosplayed as Pikachu and I've also been to Awesome Con. I enjoy going to cons and it's fun to go with a friend or sibling. The last time I went to Anime Expo, I didn't enjoy it much because I went by myself, it was so crowded and I had to wait 3 hours in line to pick up my badge, I cut halfway in line and if I did not cut in line, I would have had to wait 4 hours in line.

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted June 19th, 2021
3,089 posts
6.9 Years
never, but would be interesting to go to one. just doesnt see myself going to one soon since i dont really like events like that. i just like the merch and stuff :p
i don't want to have a signature

Lipstick Vogue

thick steamy gunpla resin

Age 29
Male
A place you dread and envy
Seen October 18th, 2020
Posted November 25th, 2019
2,953 posts
5.5 Years
I've never been to one and probably never will. Huge crowds of people have never been my thing and I don't have interest in panels, cosplay or merch. I just like watching anime at my leisure at home.
Pretty much this although I'd imagine if the right people were on a panel I'd be interested.

donavannj

Age 30
Male
'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
22,426 posts
16.4 Years
I have gone to at least one anime convention every year since 2012, and have attended the same one for 6 coming up on 7 years in a row, Anime Detour. I actually attended 2 in 2017, Anime Detour and A-Kon, and a whopping 4 in 2018, Anime Detour, AniMinneapolis, Anime Midwest, and Anime Expo - though for AX I was only there for the Day 0 concert. I am slated to attend 2 for sure and possibly a 3rd this year as well.

I don't cosplay, but I do attend panels and browse the artist alleys and merch halls.
whoops

Fairy

genderfluid
in the flowers
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
12,618 posts
10.2 Years
I go to NY Comic Con every year with a few small, somewhat local cons in between. I’ve been going for many years but only cosplayed a few times - each year I promise myself to work on a better costume but seldom does that ever get done lol. ( ;´Д`)

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,453 posts
12.5 Years
Yes! I went to NYCC in 2013. Nowadays I go to smaller cons at libraries, and some cheap cons like Long Island Comic Book Expo! I intend to go again to LICBE because that one was really good. I also went to Art and Comic Book Expo last year.

I go to p much any anime con that's free or cheap, it gives me an excuse to have a day out.
Theme: Sougo Osaka
Pair: Taemin

alisaie

she/they
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
Yes! I try to go to at least one each year though I believe there was one year that I didn't because of work and because of money. But I enjoy going and spending my time browsing through the merch hall and getting merch (especially artist alley!) and chilling and seeing other people's cosplays. I don't really go to panels (so i basically go to spend money oop) because I normally go with my sister and while walking crowds are find she doesn't do well in sitting crowds haha. I have gone to a few panels in the past but not many (i believe the last one i actually went to was a tales of panel during one year of metrocon a few years back).

I've cosplayed three different characters now. Definitely looking forward to my next cosplay and any future ones that I might do! As for going to any this year I'm going to try to attend both Megacon and Metrocon but if i can only get a chance to attend one it'll probably be metrocon just because it's easier to get off of work for (as last year I scheduled my week's vacation around that time since it's during summer).

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin

Age 23
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted February 22nd, 2021
1,302 posts
2.5 Years
I have been to Dragoncon twice if that counts and just looked at cosplayers because I am poor and like to see the effort that goes into the outfits.

Brendino

New Horizons
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
8,535 posts
11.7 Years
Went to my first one this weekend as a fan of more than just Pokemon and Dragon Ball. I didn't really cosplay, though I do have the track jacket that Subaru from Re:Zero wears, so I wore that the first day I was there. Maybe it's because people only cosplay the girls from it, but I had people come up to me and want to take pictures, and it was kinda... weird? All these people putting all that effort into their outfits, but they want to take pictures with the guy that just bought a $30 jacket and said "good enough". Kinda regret not taking any pictures for myself now.

Actually, the whole reason I went was to look at the merch, and I didn't end up buying a single thing. Maybe it's because it was a lot of the same vendors and artists as our local comic con, but the few things that actually caught my eye were way out of my price range. Overall it was an interesting time, but I don't know if I'd go back again if I didn't have anyone else to go with.

starseed the auticorn

unicorn in a human disguise

Age 32
she/her or he/him
the land of magical unicorns
Seen October 19th, 2020
Posted September 25th, 2020
6,622 posts
17.1 Years
I've gone to the same anime convention every year since 2009. It's so much fun! This year, I get to meet someone who's very dear to me for the third time. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. <3

Bahamut

Get your game on!

Age 18
She/her
Norway
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
312 posts
3.2 Years
I was never at an anime convention, but I want go to one.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'

Age 95
Shimoda City
Seen May 18th, 2020
Posted May 18th, 2020
9,658 posts
13.7 Years
Yes.

I've been attending since 2010, and I typically attend anywhere between 5 and 10 a year. Next year's probably going to be more toward the lower end of that range, but I'll be attending fewer of the smaller local cons (which are getting both stale and more drama-filled) and more larger ones.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Lux

She/Her
Foxland
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted June 15th, 2021
693 posts
7.2 Years
I have been to quite a few cons, but only a couple anime cons. I went to a small con in Wisconsin one year called Daisho-Con (I cosplayed is a cat, nothing special, haha). And I went to Sakura-Con in Seattle a few years ago while I lived there. I just wore a Spyro onsie and called it a day.

Now that I live in the Southeast US, I have been trying to find something good to go to around my area. But haven't found anything mentionable yet. Hopefully soon cause I absolutely love cons and would to explore cosplay more!

I would really like to cosplay as Zero-Two or Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Paired with Nox & Pig & Eleanor 💖 Discord Moderoid 💖 PC Family

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'

Age 95
Shimoda City
Seen May 18th, 2020
Posted May 18th, 2020
9,658 posts
13.7 Years

Now that I live in the Southeast US, I have been trying to find something good to go to around my area. But haven't found anything mentionable yet. Hopefully soon cause I absolutely love cons and would to explore cosplay more!
I live in North Carolina. Some of the conventions in the area (NC, SC, GA) include:

Momocon, DragonCon, and Anime Weekend Atlanta, all in Atlanta, GA.

Ichibancon in Concord (Charlotte area), NC

NashiCon and BanzaiCon in Columbia, SC

Animazement in Raleigh, NC

DragonCon is by far the largest, with Momocon, AWA, and Animazement also being quite big, but my personal favorite is Nashicon since it's large enough to have a good variety of events going on, but small enough so that still has that "friendly small con" feeling to it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Lux

She/Her
Foxland
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted June 15th, 2021
693 posts
7.2 Years
I live in North Carolina. Some of the conventions in the area (NC, SC, GA) include:

Momocon, DragonCon, and Anime Weekend Atlanta, all in Atlanta, GA.

Ichibancon in Concord (Charlotte area), NC

NashiCon and BanzaiCon in Columbia, SC

Animazement in Raleigh, NC

DragonCon is by far the largest, with Momocon, AWA, and Animazement also being quite big, but my personal favorite is Nashicon since it's large enough to have a good variety of events going on, but small enough so that still has that "friendly small con" feeling to it.
Oh my goodness. You are awesome!!!! I will absolutely look into this! And I actually have heard of DragonCon before, but I have not been able to go yet! This is exciting! Thank you so much for this information!!!
Paired with Nox & Pig & Eleanor 💖 Discord Moderoid 💖 PC Family

Uecil

Unknown.
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted May 7th, 2021
2,568 posts
11.7 Years
I try to attend London anime and gaming con each year and I always cosplay. The last con I went to, I went as Newt Scamander and it was pretty fun. Usually I get asked what character I'm doing, but got recognition this time. I tend to buy a few bits of merch, but it depends on if they have any series I enjoy. They always have Pokémon stuff.

It's the only one I really attend because MCM seems to be booked out quite quickly and LAGC is at a more closer location to me.

o

ORegan

Male
Boston
Seen January 3rd, 2020
Posted January 3rd, 2020
627 posts
11.1 Years
Went to Anime New York this year specifically to see the panel for Gundam's creator. Went completely drunk with friends and wasn't kicked out for heckling another fan asking a question during the QA portion because he was EXCESSIVELY weird. Great day.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Nanusmightyena

Male
Somewhere in a cornfield
Seen October 5th, 2020
Posted June 7th, 2020
224 posts
1.8 Years
I’m a pretty casual anime watcher. So, a convention wouldn’t be my thing. Maybe if I knew someone who was going and they bought my ticket. But I’d never pay to go to one.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker

Male
Canalave City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
651 posts
1.7 Years
I went to the London Anime & Gaming Con in 2017 just to see how they were. Did I cosplay? Well, my everyday attire and my overall appearance is nearly identical to Izaya Orihara from Durarara, hence the second name people call me, so I guess if my everyday appearance counts then I guess that I did, though Izaya himself isn't flashy. I bought a few plushies, those are my weakness. I enjoy crowds so that was fun and I might do to a con once I move to the states and settle in, time will tell.

Simply put, I love humans.
Think about it humans are the most interesting creatures you could hope to find.
And when I said humans I meant all humans, not just you specifically, important detail.

Discord Tag: Izaya Orihara#2909