The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
The Time Warp Challenge

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old May 7th, 2018 (10:45 AM). Edited May 7th, 2018 by Zemanahrad.

Nature: Relaxed

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Omega Ruby

CHAPTER 6 - Blue Beauty

Let's skip the boring part. Once again I met with Team Magma, stopped them from whatever they were doing, got to another Gym that once again knew nothing about that mysterious guy, beat it and finally got enough badges to challenge Norman. You can see the pattern...
Well now, I can finally challenge Norman. After quick battle - I have 2 OP Fighting-Types he told me that the guy I'm looking for is Champion of the Hoenn. Great, now I have to collect more badges so I can challenge him, beat him and persuade him to give up his steel to My Mum's Corp.
And with that, I once again(!!!!) stopped them from whatever they were doing, but with a twist this time! I met Steven, that prick, and he forced me to go with him to this island with super banned Dragon/Psychic-Type Pokémon Latios... Blah Blah Blah I can use Mega Evolution now.
We returned and I could finally fish for my beauty fish. I'll wait with fishing for the ugly fish until I get better Rod for now.
Anyway, beauty fish wants all the blue Pokéblocks I have to the point I have to grow more berries for it.
While the berries are growing, let's beat another Gym Leader and go something about Team Magma.

Team

/
(I'm blind if megas are banned)
Chicana, Lax Female Blaziken
lvl 46, Blaze
- Blaze Kick
- Cut
- Peck
- Double Kick

Gall, Quiet Male Pelipper
lvl 46, Keen Eye
- Surf
- Quick Attack
- Supersonic
- Air Cutter

Xer, Hasty Male Hariyama
lvl 43, Thick Fat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Wake-Up Slap
- Belly Drum

Norsot, Quiet Male Nosepass
lvl 44, Magnet Pull
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

Emma, Adamant Female Feebas
lvl 34, Swift Swim
- Splash
- Tackle
- Flail
Old May 7th, 2018 (11:53 AM).
Just your average Spaceball

Update#2 added in after a busy weekend. Kind of breezed through the middle part of the game, although I had a close scare at having a Pokemon faint(Pedal Dance hurts lol). I should have Update#3 sometime later this week with perhaps the conclusion to the challenge by Friday or so(should speed up considerably once I get my final Team Member).

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
    Old May 11th, 2018 (8:50 AM).

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Omega Ruby

CHAPTER 7 - STEVEN!!!

And it's over... I collected last badges and helped Devon with their cooling problem - their Groudon broke and no other kid worker could repair it.
    I got my last team member - Whiscash, used it and then, right before last Gym I decided that I need a little more electricity and caught Zebstrika. There was too much water in my team anyway. Now I can work properly.

And with that, I met with Wally again. He wanted to be best kid worker in the region... Not when I'm there!
    I sliced through E4 with only Chicana, Xer, Emma... And I used Barry to get rid of Drake's Kingdra.

And finally I can meet with Champion a.k.a the person I was looking for this whole time. I imagine that he's legendary kid worker as Red or me, heroic person that have the best steel and iron in the world. And I see him now... It's Steven. STEVEN!!! That gray-haired spoiled kid that kept appearing out of nowhere is actually not only champion, but even my goal.

He said: "Hi Zeman, we don't have to fight. I'll help your mum's company without any problem. It'll be good to work together!"

How dare he challenge be to battle? I'll beat him down! And so I did sweep his team with Chicana.

Finally... Finally I beat Steven that guy and now he has to work for My Mum's Corp. I can finally return ho--- WHAT IS MAY DOING HERE? Ohh... She wants to battle. Should have stayed in factory.
    ----------------------------------
    Back in Johto now. But not for long. This lady named Juniper met with my mum and wanted me to join her research about new ways of electricity for our factories. So I'm going to Unova. Yay! Can I please return to the factory?

Team

/
    (I'm blind if megas are banned)
    Chicana, Lax Female Blaziken
    lvl 64, Blaze
    - Flare Blitz
    - Brave Bird
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Stone Edge

Xer, Hasty Male Hariyama
    lvl 62, Thick Fat
    - Fake Out
    - Knock Off
    - Close Combat
    - Belly Drum

Norsot, Quiet Male Probopass
    lvl 61, Magnet Pull
    - Discharge
    - Thunder Wave
    - Earth Power
    - Power Gem

Emma, Adamant Female Milotic
    lvl 67, Swift Swim
    - Surf (Was too lazy to get one more Heart Scale to change it to Hydro Pump)
    - Coil
    - Attract
    - Blizzard

Brocky, Lonely Male Whiscash
    lvl 63, Anticipation
    - Future Sight
    - Fissure
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall

Barry, Lax Male Zebstrika
    lvl 63, Motor Drive
    - Pursuit
    - Spark
    - Thrash
    - Wild Charge
    Old May 11th, 2018 (5:31 PM).

Update#3 posted. Suppose I'll do Update#4 and Update#5 sometime this weekend or next week. I can't bring myself to evolve Serena(Vulpix). *Cries*

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
      Old May 14th, 2018 (2:49 PM).

Nature: Timid
      First post updated up to this point

If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

Old May 16th, 2018 (7:51 PM).

Age of Discovery challenge completed. Sorry for the long delay :D Going to take a break from this particular challenge to try a different one. I'll be back though ;)
        Old May 22nd, 2018 (12:07 PM).

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Black

CHAPTER 8 - Industrial Games BEGIN!

So, you remember that last part of my last post? Looks like I kinda messed up one important detail. I'm supposed to find electricity, but it's Sinnoh storyline. Prof. Juniper came because I was recruited in the next Industrial Games. You might ask, what that is? Several kid workers are picked from various factories all over the world and they fight each other and have to get all the Gym Badges. The winner's factory is granted entrance to the Entralink. What is there? No one knows. (OOC: Well, I know, but I don't want to spoiler this one for you. It's not like they've killed Jon Snow)
        And so, I was transported to the Unova region, got Tepig and started.
        Right from the start I got rocket start, beating another two kid workers. Can't bother with remembering their names. I probably won't see them again.
        In the next city, I found group of people that wants to liberate Pokémon from humans so kids can work even more on their own. Can I join them?
        Ohh, and I met another opponent appeared. He's weird and annoying, just like Steven... That reminds me... STEVEN!!! (<- angry shouting) Even his name is similar. He's called N. What a nerdy name. Can't he be called Grey or something like that? And he's as weak as Steven... That reminds me... STEVEN!!! (<- angry shouting once again)
        So now I can finally challenge 1st Gym. There are three cheaters in this Gym and they use Pokémon weak againts yours. Nice strategy guys. So Tepig beat this water monkey, because everyone knows that Fire beats Water.
        Then, one of the participants (The thicc one from before) got her Pokémon stolen by the guys. Nice one, but can I join you? Four-Eyes - that second kid I beat at the start, wanted to join them too, so we found them and decided to battle them - to show them we are strong and they should totally let us join them. But they just left. We aren't probably strong enough.
        So I went to another city, got some new team members and prove I'm strong I beat local Gym Leader, whose only weakness is Tepig, with Drilbur.
        And I almost forgot. That Steven 2.0 showed up and I had to beat him again.

Team

Boxxy, Mild Male Pignite
        lvl 22, Blaze
        - Flame Charge
        - Smog
        - Arm Thrust
        - Defense Curl

Riley, Calm Female Drilbur
        lvl 21, Sand Force
        - Metal Claw
        - Mud Sport
        - Rapid Spin
        - Dig

Balboa, Mild Male Timburr
        lvl 20, Sheer Force
        - Wake-Up Slap
        - Focus Energy
        - Bide
        - Rock Throw
        Old May 23rd, 2018 (3:00 PM).
        Little Monster ♥

Nature: Quirky
          Haven't tried a challenge in ages! Been caught up in games other than Pokemon recently. BUT IM BACK!

I think I wanna try to play each Generation with a different Era, but I'll have to see how I go for time.
          Here is my first go:

Username: Pebblycone
          Game: Pokemon Red
          Era: Jurassic Jam
          --
          So far, my team is Charmeleon and Beedrill, and I also have the Helix fossil!
          Currently Working my way to Bill's House, not quite sure what Pokemon Ill add to my team yet. I will see how I go :)

Pokémon Cyan
          Old May 23rd, 2018 (9:00 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pebblycone View Post
            Haven't tried a challenge in ages! Been caught up in games other than Pokemon recently. BUT IM BACK!

I think I wanna try to play each Generation with a different Era, but I'll have to see how I go for time.
            Here is my first go:

Username: Pebblycone
            Game: Pokemon Red
            --
            So far, my team is Charmeleon and Beedrill, and I also have the Helix fossil!
            Currently Working my way to Bill's House, not quite sure what Pokemon Ill add to my team yet. I will see how I go :)
            Good luck :)

Starting another challenge of my own.

Username: CodeHelmet
            Game: Yellow
            Era: Progressive

Aim to make my Pokemon be all Female or Pokemon that are at least 50% Female(if not higher) when it comes to breeding. Ironic that Eevee is the mandatory Pokemon with a 87.5% Male rate on breeding.

Thinking of what team to get with my Electric mouse off limits and my usual counters for Brock not allowed either. It’s not end of the world though. I still have options :) Hard part will be nicknames.
            Old May 23rd, 2018 (10:42 PM).

A Rattata grinded up to learn Hyper Fang can handle Gen 1 Brock pretty well. The lack of Rock Tomb really helps.

I've also learned in a No EXP hack that, at L5, two Sand-Attack Pidgeys + four Tackle/Tail Whip Rattatas can handle him, though it's a matter of RNG (since the objective is to keep him from actually landing hits).

Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is taking on Gen 1 with a troublesome early team.
              Completed Challenges: Zodiac Challenge (Red) | Time Warp Challenge (Blue: Jurassic Jam | Stone Age | Egyptian Era | Medieval Era) | Solo Challenge (Blue: Blastoise | Red: Nidoking | Raticate) | Body Type Challenge: Quadrupedal (Blue) | Anime Style Challenge (Gold) | Randomized Nuzlocke (Blue) | Mono-Pokemon Challenge (Red: Gengar x3) | No Move Left Behind Challenge (Red) | Gender Fairness Challenge (Gold) | Champion Challenge Master (Blue | Gold)
              Old May 24th, 2018 (7:19 AM). Edited May 29th, 2018 by CodeHelmet.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Disturb Not The Harmony View Post
                A Rattata grinded up to learn Hyper Fang can handle Gen 1 Brock pretty well. The lack of Rock Tomb really helps.

I've also learned in a No EXP hack that, at L5, two Sand-Attack Pidgeys + four Tackle/Tail Whip Rattatas can handle him, though it's a matter of RNG (since the objective is to keep him from actually landing hits).

Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is taking on Gen 1 with a troublesome early team.
                I've beaten Brock on Yellow without Butterfree, Mankey or Nidoran ;). I beat him straight up with Pikachu but alas even my Electric Mouse is off-limits. No need to worry though as Pidgey and Rattata through the use of Sand Attack + Tail Whip can beat him(No Rock moves plus Defense boosting moves = win). Poison is off-limits, which means the only Grass Pokemon I can use is Tangela, hence I'll have to catch a Rattata for Cut as even Sandshrew/Diglett is not viable. Could do Charmander but that's a waste of a moveslot and I have another Fire Type in mind. In fact... this is the team I'm leaning to employ:

Will open with Pidgey and Rattata before catching Clefairy at Mount Moon. Will have to grind and survive Misty, Lt.Surge and Rock Tunnel(ugh...) with Pokemon that aren't good against Rock Types naturally(Water Gun Rattata muwhahah). I then acquire Vulpix and Eevee in Celadon City and for those who think Magnemite is off-limits, you forget it's a Steel Type in Generation 2 onwards ;P Just have to think of movesets and who gets Double Team ^_^

*Edit* So I've managed to complete all 8 Gym's and have Victory Road and Elite Four left to do. Did the first two rival battles with my starter just to ensure a Jolteon encounter later on in the game but also to claim 5 free Pokeballs that I used to get my first two party members. Brock was straightforward with Sand Attack and Tail Whip making things easy before following it up with Hyper Fang. I must say that Misty's reputation of being a complete pain in the ass with her Starmie line proved its case yet again because despite having a - 6 to Accuracy from Sand Attack, I had a Pokemon faint to her signature Bubblebeam move. While I was reducing her Accuracy on Starmie, she used Harden like four times, turning it into a physical tank. Then she got lucky not once but twice with Bubblebeam and my Athena(nickname for my Pidgey) fainted. I finished her off with Nebby(nickname for Clefairy in honor of Lillie). Lt.Surge was tricky because I didn't have a Pokemon with a type advantage but I rolled with Athena to open to try and reduce his Accuracy. I managed to get a Sand Attack in before she fell to a Thunderbolt. I swapped to Nebby wherein I started using Minimize and was able to beat Lt.Surge's Raichu with several Pound attacks. I could have rolled with Irene(my Rattata) since she knew Dig but what's the fun in that? Caught Zeus(genderless Magnemite) prior to Rock Tunnel and got through Rock Tunnel relatively unscathed, although the Rock Pokemon pushed my Irene to the limit since she was the only Pokemon with a Super Effective move(Water Gun and Dig).

After getting to Celadon, I acquired my next two party members in Serena(Vulpix) and Coventina(Vaporeon. It's Celtic for Water Goddess). Trained them up and had a relatively easy time with Erika as Serena and Athena were more than enough to claim the badge. After making my way to Fuchsia, I grinded to 48 on my favorite training ground on Cycling road. Serena managed to dispatch Koga's Venonats with Flamethrower but his Venomoth was another matter as Serena fainted to Toxic + Psychic damage. Finished it off with an Ice Beam from Coventina. Sabrina was an easy fight as she has a notable flaw in her team. While her Abra line is all level 50, her starting Abra knows only two moves and none that deal damage. That means I can simply power up with evasion and repair Accuracy loss with X-Accuracy(which is easy to obtain after selling lots of miscellaneous items for it). I sent out Irene to face her, packed on the Double Team and basically Hyper Fang'd to victory. Battled my way to Cinnabar Island where Coventina swept Blaine. Giovanni is always a pain though but with a bit of tactical planning can be beat without too much trouble. I open with Athena against him because his Dugtrio can't do anything to her due to 3 Ground Moves and Sand Attack. I lower his Dugtrio's accuracy before swapping to Coventina and upping her Evasion via Double Team and solidifying her Defense with Acid Armor should one of their Ground attacks land. Then it was Surf x 4 on the Ground Pokemon while his Persian is always a pain due to knowing Double Team. Fortunately I was able to dispatch it before it got bad.

Current Team:

Coventina level 53
                Double Team
                Acid Armor
                Surf
                Ice Beam

Serena level 51
                Confuse Ray
                Flamethrower
                Quick Attack
                Double Team

Irene level 52
                Double Team
                Cut
                Hyper Fang
                Dig

Athena level 52
                Fly
                Sand Attack
                Swift
                Wing Attack

Zeus level 52
                Swift
                Double Team
                Thunderbolt
                Thunder Wave

Nebby level 52
                Minimize
                Strength
                Psychic
                Metronome
                Old May 27th, 2018 (12:51 PM).

I'd like to sign up.
                  Username: Zj314
                  Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
                  Era: Stone Age
                  Old May 29th, 2018 (8:27 AM). Edited May 29th, 2018 by CodeHelmet.

Figure I'll post my winning update on my Progressive Era run. My team, as constructed, easily moved through the Elite Four and Champion like a hot knife through butter. Evasion moves are so OP in Generation 1 that unless a trainer uses X-Accuracy or Swift, you're almost never going to lose with Evasion maxed(hence Minimize or Double Team on a Gengar = instant win 99.99% of the time).

I'll go through each battle from memory. First up was Lorelei...

Lorelei

vs.

Code

Lorelei sends out...

Dewgong level 54

Code sends out...

Zeus level 60

I grind to 60 before doing Elite Four. Could I battle them sooner? Yes. Do I like doing that? No :D Anyways, with the level advantage I have the speed edge so I open with Thunder Wave to paralyze it and she fails to move because of it. I then opt to go with Swift(because I can) but also to entice her into using Rest(which she does). In using the move, her Dewgong fully recovers HP and removes the Paralysis at the expense of going asleep so I use the opportunity to go Double Team the next two rounds wherein I avoid a Bubblebeam thanks to the evasion. I keep using Double Team until maxed and I keep avoiding one attack after another. With Evasion at +6, I employ Thunderbolt and OHKO Dewgong. The rest of her team falls in relatively quick fashion, although her Jynx and Lapras managed to tank a Thunderbolt, necessitating I use a 2nd.

Up next was Bruno...

Bruno

vs.

Code

Bruno sends out...

Onix level 53

Code sends out...

Athena level 60

Although Bruno has two Onix in his arsenal, Rock Type moves are inherently inaccurate(base accuracy of 90 to start). Whats worse is their power is nothing like that of Electric or Ice Type moves, hence I have the upper hand. I open with 5 Sand Attacks to reduce the Accuracy sufficiently so that I could chip away using Wing Attack and Swift. Bruno tries in vain to hit me with Rock Throw but to no avail. Takes me like 15 to 20 attacks but I eventually crack that thick Rock hide and KO his first Onix. Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee were a cakewalk with OHKO Fly attacks. The next challenge was his 2nd Onix but like before, Rock Slide is just as accurate as Rock Throw and once you get hit with Accuracy reducing moves, you're all but better off using something else. I repeat what I did on the first Onix by using Sand Attack x 5 and chipping away at it. Eventually, it falls just like the first one. Machamp was no contest like his other Fighting Type bretheren with a OHKO from a Fly attack.

Agatha was my next opponent....

vs.

Code

Agatha sends out...

Gengar level 56

Code sends out...

Nebby level 60

Agatha held the speed edge and opened with Substitute, which although is annoying, it's actually the best thing that could have happened for me as I opened with Minimize. Agatha then tried using Lick but missed and I kept using Minimize to maximize my Evasion. While doing so I avoided a couple more Lick Attacks, a couple Mega Drains and even avoided getting confused from a Confuse Ray attack. Once Evasion was maxed, I simply Psychic attacked my way to the win as Clefable's special is surprisingly good in Generation 1.

Up next was Lance...

Lance

vs.

Code

Lance sends out...

Gyrados level 58

Code sends out...

Coventina level 60

Gyrados is one of the better Generation 1 Pokemon and it has the speed edge so I opt to open with Double Team hoping that he doesn't use Hyper Beam. Unfortunately for me, he does but it misses!!! With him having to recharge, I'm able to get in two Double Teams, which all but makes the battle mine as he uses Hydro Pump on his next attack but misses. I keep using Double Team and he keeps missing with attacks. I then activate Acid Armor three times to maximize my Defense while he misses badly with Dragon Rage. I then use Ice Beam and do considerable damage to his Flying "Dragon" before finishing it off with another Ice Attack. The rest of his team fell to Ice Beam and Surf without so much as causing me an ounce of damage.

Finally the Championship...

Blue

vs.

Code

Blue sends out...

Sandslash level 61

Code sends out...

Athena level 61

I wasn't planning to face Blue solo with just Athena but rather to set-up another one of my team members by reducing his Sandslash's Accuracy for his Earthquake move(especially due to what effect it'd have on the team member I'd be switching in). After getting five Sand Attacks in(while avoiding two Earthquakes, Poison Stings and a Fury Swipes), I bring in my other team member:

Serena level 60

I had the option to go with Serena or Irene since neither one has battled to this point but seeing as Irene has Dig and other useful Physical moves, I opted to go with Serena since a Fire Type will prove useful against Exeggutor and even Cloyster(due to its Ice Typing). I open with Double Team x 6 while thanks to that Sand Attack set-up by Athena, nothing lands on Serena. Ironically, his Sandslash was harder in Silph and Route 22 prior to Victory Road because it knew Swift. For the Champion round, however, it gets replaced for Earthquake so absolutely nothing lands. I then finish his Sandslash off with a couple Flamethrowers. I use Confuse Ray on his Alakazam and then use several Quick Attacks to weaken it before finishing it off with a Critical Flamethrower. Cloyster fell after a few Flamethrower attacks and Exeggutor was done in a OHKO. His own Ninetales was a pain in the arse as I had more to fear from Confuse Ray than its own offensive moves but was able to beat it after several Quick Attacks and a Confuse Ray of my own. His Jolteon is typically a pain if I lack a Ground Type Pokemon but with Evasion maxed and with low accuracy moves(save for Thunderbolt), I beat his Jolteon with a couple Flamethrowers to claim victory.

MVP of this run:

Hard to say as credit can be spread around but if I had to pick a Pokemon that I absolutely couldn't have done it without, it'd be Nebby. Psychic moves in a challenge barring Psychic Type Pokemon... yeah lol. Not to mention it was the only one who could learn Strength. Honorable mention to the rest of my team.
                    Old May 31st, 2018 (2:01 AM). Edited May 31st, 2018 by Zemanahrad.

CHAPTER 9 - One more time and I swear I'll...

Next challenge in the games was hide and seek in the forest nearby. I was seeker and found everyone. After this annoyance I could finally go the next Gym. It's a gallery? Really? Restaurant, museum and now gallery? What's next? Lunapark? Or digging site? You can't be serious! And it's weak to Tepig too. What a boring gym.
                    Anyway, I met with Thiccanca and beat her once again. Then I got lost in the dessert, but after hours and hours of going, I made it to the Nimbasa City. And there is lunapark. You have to be kidding me!
                    I found SteveN in there and beat him. But that's not important. THE GYM IS IN THE LUNAPARK! I CALLED IT! And it's weak to Tepig too.
                    Now I have to cross weird bridge. I found ugly duckling there and got to next city. Please don't have digging site.
                    But I heard there's Team Plasma so I decided to find them and join them once and for all.
                    And they're gone... Police took them.
                    Time for the Gym. And it's in... digging site. Ohh god. At least it's weak to Tepig.
                    Next I had to get through the electric cave. And beat SteveN again. That guy is so annoying.
                    I wonder what will the Gym in the next city look like. I bet it's something crazy like an airport. Please don't be airport.

Team

Boxxy, Mild Male Pignite
                    lvl 33, Blaze
                    - Heat Crash
                    - Smog
                    - Arm Thrust
                    - Defense Curl

Riley, Calm Female Excadrill
                    lvl 31, Sand Force
                    - Metal Claw
                    - Hone Claws
                    - Rock Slide
                    - Dig

Balboa, Mild Male Gurdurr
                    lvl 31, Sheer Force
                    - Wake-Up Slap
                    - Bulk Up
                    - Chip Away
                    - Rock Throw

Skyla, Mild Female Ducklett
                    lvl 32, Big Pecks
                    - BubbleBeam
                    - Air Slash
                    - Roost
                    - Aqua Ring

Friesh, Hasty Male Tynamo
                    lvl 29, Levitate
                    - Tackle
                    - Thunder Wave
                    - Spark
                    - Charge Beam
                    Old June 6th, 2018 (3:43 AM). Edited June 6th, 2018 by Zemanahrad.

CHAPTER 10 - I'm out of here

LAST TIME ON ZEMANAHRAD'S INDUSTRIAL ERA RUN: I wonder what will the Gym in the next city look like. I bet it's something crazy like an airport. Please don't be airport.
                    THIS TIME ON ZEMANAHRAD'S INDUSTRIAL ERA RUN: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was this close to just giving up and going back to the factory, when I saw the airport. Then I saw Gym Leader Skyla. She said she'll do anything to keep me in the tournament. So, we... ehm... had a battle... yeah, battle... nothing else... And I won!
                    But then, SteveN appeared with cool black draggo. He told me he's the leader of Team Plasma! Yeah, right. And I'm free kid. But Four-Eyes and Thiccanca believed him. How the hell did they got here so quickly? Were they following me all this time?
                    Anyway, SteveN told me that he'll let me join Team Plasma only if I find as cool draggo as he has. Okay, let's find one!
                    *Eye of the Tiger playing with montage of Zeman travelling through the region to find cool draggo until Zeman ends in the museum with Lenora*
                    Lenora: So, you were looking for the same draggo as that SteveN has? You know it's only one of its kind? But don't worry, I have something better! Cool white draggo! Here you go!
                    And so I got my own draggo. But it's just a stone. Apparently you need 8 badges to use it. Well, I still need one more then.
                    I got to next town only to find old guy with pathetic weak draggos. And they're weak to Tepig too! And so I have 8 badges but still no draggo, only stone. That's second stone that disappointed me. But this one is useful unlike Steven Stone.
                    Talking about Steven, guess who appeared? That's right, SteveN! And he wants to meet me in the final round of the tournament in Champion's Room of Elite Four.
                    On my way there, I met with Four-Eyes and Thiccanca again. They were eliminated alongside several other kids and only two contestants are me and SteveN. How convenient!
                    Okay, after the battle with E4, I was suppose to fight N. I sent out Emboar and he sent out his whole house! WHAT? Noone told me that we can bring our houses to this battle.
                    But Emboar is still stronger and won. And with that I won the tournament. Some random unnamed champion gave me the winning cup. When I touched it, I was transported to the graveyard. I was caught by Team Plasma grunts. They planned this whole thing to get my cool draggo and to resurrect the one that can't be named - Denis!
                    But then, that useless stone started to glow and my cool draggo is finally draggo! Denis sent out his cheated draggo and their Dragon Pulses clashed!
                    Out of nowhere, SteveN appeared and let his cool black draggo to shoot Denis in the back! The rest of the grunts just ran away.
                    After that, we returned to N's house that was still at the Elite Four. I was once again named winner of the tournament, this time without the winning cup.
                    OOC: I also beat Alder later, but I have no funny thing to say about it.
                    ----------------------------------
                    Few days after, I got back to the New Bark Town. My Mum was happy I won and decided to give me reward for my hard work. I'm going to Alola for vacation!

Team

Boxxy, Mild Male Emboar
                    lvl 80, Blaze
                    - Flare Blitz
                    - Smog
                    - Arm Thrust
                    - Head Smash

Riley, Calm Female Excadrill
                    lvl 77, Sand Force
                    - Metal Claw
                    - Sword Dance
                    - Rock Slide
                    - Earthquake

Balboa, Mild Male Conkeldurr
                    lvl 77, Sheer Force
                    - Superpower
                    - Bulk Up
                    - Strength
                    - Stone Edge

Skyla, Mild Female Swanna
                    lvl 77, Big Pecks
                    - Surf
                    - Hurricane
                    - Fly
                    - Aqua Ring

Friesh, Hasty Male Eelektross
                    lvl 77, Levitate
                    - Crunch
                    - Thunder Wave
                    - Thunderbolt
                    - Charge Beam

Sia, Rash Male Chandelure
                    lvl 80, Flash Fire
                    - Shadow Ball
                    - Curse
                    - Overheat
                    - Will-O-Wisp
                    Old June 13th, 2018 (1:40 AM).

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Sun

CHAPTER 11 - So slow(pokes)

After hours of travelling by plane, I finally got to Alola. When I was leaving the airport, I saw the sign: "Welcome to Alola. Where you can leave your too old kid workers." What a funny thing to put on a sign. One of my Mum's managers took me to her house on Route 1. She was saying things like: "Enjoy your stay, you're here forever." Yeah, right... forever. I have work to do fake-mum.
                    Few days later, prof. Kukui visited the house. He heard about my victory and would like to take me on school trip with few other kids from around here. School trip, hmm? While I'm on holidays... Okay! I never went to school. I was always working in the factory.
                    First, we went to the Trainer School. So cool. After I beat everyone there - what else would you expect from me? - Kukui told me about this Island Challenge I should participate.
                    First challenge - beat some Yungoos out of their own cave. After getting run with the US President, I finally made it to the end of the cave and got magical crystal called Z-Crystal. Useless thing.
                    After that, I was supposed to beat Island Kahuna, which is weaker version of the Gym Leader. Heh, like he would stand a chance.
                    Right now I'm on boat to next island. I had finally time to meet some of the kids here. There's Hau, who isn't similar to Steven, so it's good thing and Lillie, one not important girl that has baby legendary Pokémon. I should just beat her with my Reshiram cool white draggo.

OOC: This is my 2nd time playing Gen VII game and I must say that starting with Litten is so much harder that with Rowlet. Having both Torracat and Diglett weak to Water-Type attacks, I wiped on Ilima - after having -1 in defense from Leer, I couldn't survive Water Gun and then I wiped on the trainers with Slowpokes. I'm kinda looking forward to Water Challenge, because it'll be disaster with these two Pokémon.

Team

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Torracat @Normalium Z
                    lvl 22, Blaze
                    - Fire Fang
                    - Scratch
                    - Roar
                    - Lick

Strangla, Serious Female Diglett
                    lvl 18, Tangling Hair
                    - Metal Claw
                    - Sand Attack
                    - Astonish
                    - Bulldoze
                    Old June 16th, 2018 (12:12 PM). Edited June 19th, 2018 by Zemanahrad.

CHAPTER 12 - Splashing, dancing and pounding

On the 2nd island now. There are 3 captains here. And 2 of them were kinda cute. There's Lana, the Water Captain. Then Kiawe, Fire Captain and finally Mallow.
                    First, I met up with Lana. It was long and hard trial, but in the end, I used Splash and it was super effective beat her "Wishiwashi" until she fainted got my Waterium Z.
                    After that, I had to climb local volcano and danced there with Kiawe. He rather gave me Firium Z without fighting and wanted me out of there ASAP. I was too good for him.
                    Then I had to go to the Lush Jungle, which is kinda amazing. This island have everything. At least it's not the restaurant, museum, amusment park... You know what I mean. So she asked me to found some "herbs" so she can make her "special treat". After few hours of pounding, her first customers appeared. So I quickly disappeared before cops give the jungle little visit.
                    Kukui then led us to the Dimensional Research Lab where he met his wife. They were talking about their Ultra Wormholes, but that's 18+ content, so I would rather not describe it here. And that's were we decided to call it a day. I also talked to Lillie and she wanted me to explore her Ultra Wormhole.

OOC: So I'm enjoying my 2nd run of Sun so far. But I think these reports are getting more and more sexual. It reminds me of Trainer Personality Examination Challenge. I should probably cut it to minimum for the rest of the reports.

Team

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Torracat @Firium Z
                    lvl 30, Blaze
                    - Fire Fang
                    - Swagger
                    - Roar
                    - Bute

Strangla, Serious Female Dugtrio @Quick Claw
                    lvl 28, Tangling Hair
                    - Metal Claw
                    - Sand Tomb
                    - Sucker Punch
                    - Bulldoze

Aquanera, Impish Male Araquanid @Waterium Z
                    lvl 27, Water Bubble
                    - Bubble Beam
                    - Spider Web
                    - Bug Bite
                    - Infestation

Justice, Careful Female Passimian @Fightinium Z
                    lvl 23, Receiver
                    - Brick Break
                    - Focus Energy
                    - Beat Up
                    - Scary Face
                    Old June 18th, 2018 (11:15 AM).
                    Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Nature: Jolly
                      Username: calzone407
                      Game: platinum
                      Era: pirate golden age
                      Optional: Pirate. Switching ground for dragon
                      Hell yeah imma pirate
                      Old June 18th, 2018 (6:19 PM). Edited June 18th, 2018 by Calzone407.

My rival scurvy decided that we should go get some Pokemon from prof. Rowan and I agreed. We were about to go into The grass when Rowan showed up and made us stop. After.a long and arduous explanation he gave me piplup and scurvy a tirtwig. Rowan ran away and scurvy battled me. The tirtwig kept using withdraw, but piplup(who hasn't had the opportunity to get named) deafeted tirtwig with one health left. Piplups name is to be garth in honor of fe: echoes. Garth the pirate king.
                        Old June 18th, 2018 (7:26 PM).
                        Harbinger of Calamity

Nature: Modest
                        I'm not in the mood for progressing my BINGO challenge. Having to beat Red does that to you. So, I'm the biggest baddest pirate in all of Sinnoh and... wait the last poster stole my idea :(

Username: Spirit Shackle
                        Game: Platinum
                        Era: Pirate Golden Age
                        Optional Rules: Fighting types are dumb. Give me Ice instead for canon and stuff. Yo ho yo ho a Pirate's life for me. Also my Designated Vessel will be an Empoleon named... to be determined, but probably Jackdaw.
                        It protects fields and warns people of disaster,
                        so one ought to be grateful for it.

Challenges - TCG - Trade Corner - Daily
                        Old June 18th, 2018 (8:20 PM). Edited June 18th, 2018 by Calzone407.

Aw muk empoleon was gonna be my vessel... Guess I'll have to use psyduck.
                          I moved on to jubilife city which is neutral territory for pirates. I gave a map to scurvy. I went and caught a psyduck and named him bill. Cause he's a pirate duck. Super adorable btw. Anyway after grinding Garth to lv17 I fought and nuked the oureburgh city gym liberating it from English control. I went up from there and caught a machop, he was james. After a tough grinding session he... Died. RIP james. Anyway moving on now I went to the valley of windworks and liberated it from English control. Screw the english. Bill grew to lv9 and Garth to lv20. And I found this friggin' adorable picture for psyduck. And look and the time. Drunk and high at the same time drinkin' rum on an empoleon woo
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: jpeg download.jpeg‎ (6.9 KB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          Old June 19th, 2018 (10:55 AM).

CHAPTER 13 - Not quite My Mum's Factory

Me, Hau and Gladion decided to sneak into Hano Grand Resort but were stopped by random dude on Stoutland #3. Well, no beach for us for now.
                          It's time to challenge Olivia anyway... And it's Passimian sweep. Really? Can I get real challenge, please?
                          Anyway, 2nd attempt to get to Hano Grand Resort. And we did it. It's time to... catch Sandygast! But before we could do that, we got caught by the security and had to throw few Pyukumuku back to the ocean.
                          Thankfully, Kukui saved us and sold us to the Alolan Mum's Factory to pay our debts. Gladion was able to escape, but me and Hau were transported to their own artificial island. We met with local Mum, who looks like Lillie. She decided that she wants to buy Hau new white dress and big white hat.
                          We got short tour around the island and found ourselves in some kind of garden for Pokémon. That's supposed to be our home from now. When we were getting to our improvised beds, Lillie appeared!

Team

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Torracat @Firium Z
                          lvl 32, Blaze
                          - Fire Fang
                          - Swagger
                          - Roar
                          - Bite

Strangla, Serious Female Dugtrio @Quick Claw
                          lvl 30, Tangling Hair
                          - Metal Claw
                          - Sand Tomb
                          - Sucker Punch
                          - Bulldoze

Aquanera, Impish Male Araquanid @Waterium Z
                          lvl 28, Water Bubble
                          - Bubble Beam
                          - Spider Web
                          - Bug Bite
                          - Infestation

Justice, Careful Female Passimian @Fightinium Z
                          lvl 26, Receiver
                          - Brick Break
                          - Focus Energy
                          - Beat Up
                          - Scary Face

Nightfall, Calm Male Sandygast
                          lvl 22, Water Compaction
                          - Astonish
                          - Sand Attack
                          - Sand Tomb
                          - Mega Drain
                          Old June 20th, 2018 (4:40 PM).

Username: CodeHelmet
                            Game: Yellow

Planned Team:

Also have a minor question involving Ancient Greece. If your starter(in this case for me in Pikachu) is in the first slot the entire challenge, how does one train their other Pokemon? The rule seems to imply it to be a Solo Challenge unless the rule applies to Trainer, Gym and Elite 4 encounters where you can swap to another Pokemon at the earliest convenience. Anyways, I should have Jurassic Jam(in honor of latest Jurassic movie) done by Sunday.
                            Old June 20th, 2018 (6:20 PM).

Everyone died. We were caught by the navy and destroyed in the eternal forest. This is captain calzone's last log.
                              *shinging of blade. Thunking sound*. Yeah just a little violent...
                              Old June 21st, 2018 (5:13 PM).

Nature: Timid
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post

Also have a minor question involving Ancient Greece. If your starter(in this case for me in Pikachu) is in the first slot the entire challenge, how does one train their other Pokemon? The rule seems to imply it to be a Solo Challenge unless the rule applies to Trainer, Gym and Elite 4 encounters where you can swap to another Pokemon at the earliest convenience. Anyways, I should have Jurassic Jam(in honor of latest Jurassic movie) done by Sunday.

The rule applies to Gyms, evil teams and Elite 4 and pretty much any important battles.

If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

Quick Reply