• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not allowed to discuss bans, I'm afraid. But I mean, if anyone wants to do a Nuzlocke and can keep up with the thread, please make one. I'm not allowing just any thread to go through though. A popular challenge like that needs someone capable of keeping up with it and having the rules nice, neat, and clear, not nubby or stupid. I get SO many threads to approve that are essentially nuzlockes, but I don't approve them cause we had a nuzlocke and even if we didn't, at the time, it was just crappily put together. But you guys would know that if you read the unapproved challenge thread lol.

Years
What exactly do you mean by nubby?
And just out of curiosity, why do every Ultimate challenge have to be played in Generation Order :( ?

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Methinks that I should do a Scramble Nuzlocke. On Obnoxiously Hard Difficult Critical Mode with 1 HP /shot

CI&D, give me a team D:< nothing too harsh though :B

Years
Methinks that I should do a Scramble Nuzlocke. On Obnoxiously Hard Difficult Critical Mode with 1 HP /shot

CI&D, give me a team D:< nothing too harsh though :B
On what game?
Either way, use the starter, if you want a handicap, it can't use STAB moves (or evolve) your choice :3

Years
Then I hope u liek Mudkipz
But, ain't your copy of Ruby used-up with the Duo Species Challenge (and two no less)?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Go join the actual challenge to get a team, hun. And nubby is basically...stupid. When I say "I don't want it to be nubby" I mean "I don't want it to be stupid" lol.

Example of nubby challenge thread:

"hi me and my friends were playing pokemon one time and decided it would be cool/tough to release our pokemon if they fainted so you guys should try it too. okay good luck."

Also, once I finish White, I will start the Plushie Challenge probably. Eeeeee.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really like challenges that have me use Pokemon I've never used or would never think to use, so that's things like random and scramble. I also like my pick up and play challenge. If you're in a mood to play Pokemon, but can't decided which, why not play each one on different days? I find it can rekindle your fire for a game. I went on a HG spree after playing it for my recent PU&P challenge. Also things like the plushie challenge I'm gonna make, and the ever so popular Ones That Got Away. Just things that aren't the normal thing, really. And I find the events I make to be fun too. Y'all might not though lol. ;(

Years
:3
They are fun, Syd
I kinda like more strategical ones (such as Nuzlocke or Solo run) in which you have to be more careful with your actions

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Duo-Species. All the way.

As for why: I don't really know. I thought a solo run put too much emphasis on training one Pokemon, and I don't like doing that. Its like a nooby trainer who plays the game for the first time and only uses their starter cause they're stupid. I thought that two would be just as hard of a challenge, because you now have to split the exp, and have to pick Pokemon with good type coverage so that you don't get bumrushed by a gym leader. Plus, its relatively quick to finish.
(lol, says the guy who has three going on right now /shot)

And nix the whole Scramble Nuzlocke, I'm gonna do a Triple Threat Duo-Species that I still have to finish.

And the monotype, being the first challenge I ever attempted, will always be a close second.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

And just out of curiosity, why do every Ultimate challenge have to be played in Generation Order :( ?

Actually, my monocolor thread doesn't require that! :D

My favorite challenge probably is the monotype, but I agree with Sydian. Right now, I'm trying to do challenges that let me use Pokemon I haven't used before, unless they completely suck, lol.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I completely love monotyping, but nuzlocke is cool too. Including the monotype evo = death rule where I couldn't hold up evolution ;3 Needed a lot of strategy and luck for that!

Edit: Just found this in the solo run challenge thread:

Glacia, Alot of switching into groudon to put up sun for a turn while she put up the hail. Frustrating, but easy

But if you do that, what's the point of a solo challenge? If you use TWO Pokemon in the battle?

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
I'm partial to the Mono challenges. They're not necessarily much more challenging than a regular run, but it puts certain restrictions into effect that makes putting together a team with as much coverage as possible that much more of a puzzle. Not gonna lie, my favorite part of doing a run is planning out my entire team beforehand, and these challenges not only encourage that, but almost make it necessary. I like having control over what I use.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Speaking of planning movesets, I'm gonna do a solo with Sableye (on Leaf Green)
Any moveset suggestions?
shadow ball and faint attack seem obvious. others...Calm Mind is good, then maybe Psychic or Shock Wave or something. If you want to use Attack, Brick Break is a good move too.

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I'm nearing the end of my Duo-Species run on Ruby, and am in need of two new combatants and would love input from you guys. Dino and Shade are having trouble in the Elite Four though.

(Venusaur and Bannette have poor type coverage in the Hoenn Elite Four /shrug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back