• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials Pokémon Creator [PEPC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
First of all, apologies for lack of updates on this been really busy, but I just wanted to say the I am working on a large scale Pokémon Essentials Toolkit for all of you to play with. This time it is much more detailed and allows you to edit nearly all of the PBS files.

My planned release for version 1.0 is middle of July. I am going to also create a document to explain the best way to use this tool and issues with compiling as people had problems with this one.

For those that are wondering he is something.

Let's say we have create a Pokémon called Bulbasaur2 and it is at ID 650 which evolves into Ivysaur2.
Spoiler:

Odds are when you compiled you got an error saying that it couldn't find IVYSAUR2?
The reason for this is when the compiler is reading the data it is looking back to see if it has read IVYSAUR2 before.

So the compiler is looking between 1 and 650 for IVYSAUR2 but IVYSAUR2 is at 651.

So the compiler can find IVYSAUR2, you will want to remove IVYSAUR2 from BULBASAUR2's evolution then compile

This way it is able to register there are new pokémon called BULBASAUR2 and IVYSAUR2. Once that is registered you can add IVYSAUR2 back to the evolution as the compiler now knows IVYSAUR2 exists.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Are you talking about your program's compiler or Essentials? Because Essentials goes through and records all the species first before dealing with the evolutions, and this problem doesn't (shouldn't) occur.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
The compiler when you debug the game itself or open the editor. And unless they updated it so it checks species before evolutions it still reads line by line. But I haven't had a chance to test this theory yet as I have been working on everything but the Pokémon section at this point in time.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
Sorry to necropost, but just wanted to say that there is no longer anywhere you can get the program right now. I might work on it at some point. For now, this project has been cancelled.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
That's a shame. This could have been really handy. Let me know when you resume work on it.

For now, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back