• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Pokémon FireRed: trainerbattle script triggers twice (Solved)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
Pok?mon FireRed: trainerbattle script triggers twice (Solved)

I've made a custom Champion battle for my Pok?mon FireRed romhack, included with different music for the final battle. Namely, Deoxys' battle theme.

However, for some reason the Trainerbattle script is triggered twice. Once with the Deoxys battle theme, and once with the regular battle theme. It's the same battle twice as well, so I don't think there's an issue with the rematch script.

The code I'm using is as follows:

Spoiler:

Does anybody know what might be causing this problem?

---UPDATE---

I've managed to solve the problem. As it turns out, there's an issue with trainerbattle 0x3 that causes it to play a second time with the default music if the music is changed with special 0x3B and playsong. The way to fix this is to rework it into a different battle type. I personally used trainerbattle 0x0, which turned out to work perfectly.

Last edited:
Back