• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Pokemon Platinum Version Retype Project! (COMMUNITY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I'd be happy to touch those up for you if you're not going to continue work on them. I can see some major issues and not enough changes to the main sprites.

Well, like I said, it's the first time I've attempted this, but since I won't continue on them, feel free. Just out of curiosity, what issues do you see? And I wasn't planning to make too many changes to the main sprites in the first place, because I wanted them to look like Anubis and have some Egyptian-style traits, and I didn't need to tweak it around too much to accomplish this.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Agreed on the issues. I love the eyes and the idea, but the stripes are too blatant and out of place.

Also, I'm reserving, for myself, Normal type Pachirisu. Let's make it blander! :D

e: it's done lol
5Npeo5a.png

Wt6vWct.png

Pachirisu eats, so why pull out any of the stops for it?

Last edited:
Years
Well, like I said, it's the first time I've attempted this, but since I won't continue on them, feel free. Just out of curiosity, what issues do you see? And I wasn't planning to make too many changes to the main sprites in the first place, because I wanted them to look like Anubis and have some Egyptian-style traits, and I didn't need to tweak it around too much to accomplish this.
For one, the yellow didn't have a second color, so there was no shading accomplished. I understood the theme, I just didn't feel like you executed it. A lot of Egyptian art has blue involved in it, so I plan on integrating that more, and making the ear things look more like a head dress than what they are now. Maybe add an eye theme to make it look more Egyptian, like where you covered up the spikes with red spots.

@ Mr. Whiscash - Huzzah. A brown squirrel? xp

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
PSA: the dark buneary's really cool but how about after that line NO DARK OR FIRE TYPES FOR A BIT K? also grass maybe

Looking at Pokemon by type lined up for production so far (including all family members), we have
10 Fire types from 4 Families vs 11 Total in the vanilladex
7 Dark types from 4 Families vs 8 Total in the vanilladex
6 Poison types from 4 Families
9 Grass types from 3 Families vs 15 Total in the vanilladex
7 Ice types from 3 Families
5 (Potentially 6) Fighting types from 4 (Potentially 4) Families
5 Normal types from 3 Families
5 Water types from 2 Families
3 Ground types from 2 Families
2 Electric types from 2 Families
1 Dragon type from 1 Family
1 Steel type from 1 Family
0 Flying Types
0 Rock Types
0 Bug Types
0 Psychic Types
0 Ghost Types

Les give some other types some love.

obvious exceptions are the sprites that aren't done yet like Lopunny and Snorlax or if you want to help me figure out how to make haunter a fire type because THIS GHOST AIN'T WORKIN WITH ME

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I feel like the Bug type is gonna be the hardest to find good Pokemon to retype into.

Gonna try to work on those gems on Tentacool's head now. Hopefully I can pull it off, otherwise I may need to get someone's assistance who has more experience, but I'm gonna try my danged-est!

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I feel like the Bug type is gonna be the hardest to find good Pokemon to retype into.

Gonna try to work on those gems on Tentacool's head now. Hopefully I can pull it off, otherwise I may need to get someone's assistance who has more experience, but I'm gonna try my danged-est!

The best things I can think of for a Bug Re-type would be Finneon and Lumineon, we could probably keep the Wurmple lines half bug still, and anyone who thinks Yanmega isn't going to end up as a Bug/Dragon is hopefully sorely mistaken (BY WHICH I MEAN SOMEONE SHOULD TOTALLY DO THIS). Also since it was Physically Aligned one of the Eeveelutions needs to be Bug type to fit the theme established by Poison Flareon.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I actually had Bug Psychic in mind for Yanma line. I have an idea all planned out in my head, but if someone does the bug dragon thing first I won't mind none.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I think I'd like to give this a shot, can I reserve Duskull and possibly its evolutions? I actually have a pretty cool idea for it to be a Bug type with its evos being Bug/Fighting. I also got an idea for a Ghost type Ponyta but I'll stick with Duskull for now.

Also a quick question, out of curiousity, in your hack would the pokemon's moves and such be edited to reflect their type changes?

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I think I'd like to give this a shot, can I reserve Duskull and possibly its evolutions? I actually have a pretty cool idea for it to be a Bug type with its evos being Bug/Fighting. I also got an idea for a Ghost type Ponyta but I'll stick with Duskull for now.

Also a quick question, out of curiousity, in your hack would the pokemon's moves and such be edited to reflect their type changes?

Sounds good to me! And yes, the movepools will be edited to reflect the new types, though some will have very few changes because seriously gastly why do you learn only dark moves.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Here's Duskull!
duskullfront_1.png

There may be some problems cause I'm not all that great of a spriter but I think it turned out pretty nice and I had some fun editing it. :)

Last edited:

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
It looks fine but... I can't really tell what 'it' is. Lol iunno it's pretty cool though.
e: Okay I actually decided to look more and you didn't follow the instructions did you? There seems to be a lot of 'this isn't the right background color and therefor you can infer that the instructions weren't followed' involved here. I love the concept more the more I look at it but I couldn't convert it to a usable state without a gross loss of color information, as follows:
jmxR60H.png

Still, I'd love to see more from you. A friend who I consulted on the subject says that you could do a really good Eldritch Horror theme with this line. This Duskull screams Dark/Bug, and I know I said ease up on the dark types but hear me out. The Lucario line would honestly work very well as a Ground/Psychic line, since Anubis is a benevolent god of death and therefore the dark type wouldn't be all too fitting, since it's basically the 'Evil' type in Japanese. I want to take this Duskull thing to the logical extreme of how horrifying this bug could be.

Last edited:

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
can i please try Lickitung and Lickylicky. this is my first time usesing something other than paint so ill try my best. Oh and i wanna make them ghost type

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
can i please try Lickitung and Lickylicky. this is my first time usesing something other than paint so ill try my best. Oh and i wanna make them ghost type

Go for it.

SIDE NOTE: When it comes down to time to work on the Eeveelutions, let's physically align them. I don't know if this came up before, but this would make total sense. Their types were all special aligned from before the physical/special split, so let's assign them to the physical things.
This means we'll need Rock, Ground, Bug, Ghost and Steel still. And maybe a better looking Poison Flareon than the one I tried to make.

SIDE SIDE NOTE: Now that the project is off the ground, I will be accepting reversions of Pokemon that have already been sprited. If you have a really good idea and the sprites to back it up, I don't want your vision to go unfulfilled especially if it turns out to be a spectacular design that brings something valuable to the table.

Last edited:

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
Here it is Lickitung Ghost form front

View attachment 67518

feel free to change it, if it sucks

1 quick question. when doing the backsprite how do i get the same colour scheme as the front one?

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
You have to recolor the backsprite with the front sprite colors.

yes but how? I made the front one in Graphics Gale, but i cant remember the colours for the back one. How do i get the exact colours from the front one to the back one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back