• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When should the series have ended?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Johto was fine the way it is and it should have been the end of the anime. There was no point for him to go to Hoenn or even Sinnoh for that matter. The OS would have been a good way to give Ash/Misty and Brock a final goodbye to their characters and end the entire Pokemon anime for good.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Johto was fine the way it is and it should have been the end of the anime. There was no point for him to go to Hoenn or even Sinnoh for that matter. The OS would have been a good way to give Ash/Misty and Brock a final goodbye to their characters and end the entire Pokemon anime for good.

Agreed, though the only thing I'd change is that we should have Ash actually WIN the Silver Conference, instead of making it to Top 8. Don't get me wrong, getting Top 8 when you were originally Top 16's definitely improvement, but it's not quite the same as actually winning the whole thing.

Well, okay, that, and having Misty just go on her own journey to succeed in her goals instead of being forced by her sisters to return to the gym.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
It should have ended after Kanto.

At the very least, they should've moved on to new protagonists like the games... and kind of like the manga series Adventures, now that I'm thinking about it, but even that got bad after awhile too.

If I'm being honest, I think the anime series is very very poor quality. A poor representation of the games, unbelievable filler, bland characters all around, etc. I can think of so many better series that need adaptations and the very last on that list is Pokemon.

The games are fun for the Pokemon, hardly ever the story, which is basically the same every time anyway. Never needed to be an anime.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 17, 2018
Pokémon series should have ended a season after the Johto league.

Ash loses indigo league. Wins orange league. Defeats Gary in Johto League. Beats elite 4 in season 6. Series ends. Have new characters and all of that stuff after that. It's ridiculous where we are at with Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 17, 2018
The Pokémon should have went.

Season 1) Indigo League - Ash loses
Season 2) Orange League- Ash wins
Season 3-5) Johto League- Ash Wins
Season 6) Ash faces Elite 4- Ash becomes a Pokemon master

Then start the show with new characters and new Pokémon.

The fact that the show is literally is going is just wrong in my opinion. It's repetitive and the show is going no where. Pokémon changed after Johto. They should have finished the show with these characters and went another direction.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I disagree with those who thought the anime should've ended in Johto, mainly because Ash didn't seem strong enough to win the League IMO. I think the show could've ended at the end of DP; Ash could've won the Sinnoh League had Tobias not been involved, though I don't think Ash would've been able to defeat Sinnoh's E4.

Hey, Ash and Pikachu took out a Dragonite owned by the Orange League Champion, I'm pretty sure they could reasonably pull off making at the very least Top 4 if not runner up or even winning the whole thing outright.

And for what it's worth, even his position in the Johto league was MUCH better than Hoenn. Yeah, sure, he got the same position as before in the latter, but that's exactly the problem, as he didn't actually GROW at all (at least with Johto, even if we ignore Orange Islands, he still increased in rank from the Indigo League, which did communicate some growth on that end. Hoenn just had him staying the same as before).

EDIT: And personally, I called the whole thing bullcrap regarding Tobias. It's as if the writers completely forgot that Ash's Pikachu had earlier single-handedly taken out Brandon's Regice with little effort (then again, they seemed to forget that tidbit starting with Gary beating Ash with Electivire, not to mention the two humiliating defeats Pikachu had to undergo against Paul, as well as Roarke, despite the fact that after beating Brandon's Regice, he really should have made mincemeat out of them. Maybe if Pikachu at least lost to Paul's Torterra, someone who actually IS close to Pikachu's experience level, I'd forgive it, but not when he lost against an Elekid and an explicit rookie Ursaring).

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
honestly the fact they decided to let him win a league- orange islands- then make him lose the other regions, like why would they do that? instead of making orange island a spin off, its like ash went backwards.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
If the series ended, that mighta meant no korrina for me :(

That idea just bugs me. Because I was clinically depressed before I saw her arc again on disney XD. Seriously, no med was even helping me, thats how bad it was....

I'm seriously glad the anime didn't end (even though the crazy fans in the amour shipping community were pretty much the result overall...)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
All shippings have fanatics and bad apples(to say otherwise is being disingenuous). To me, it could have ended nicely on a silver platter had Ash won the Kalos League, gotten the girl and moved onto another story/protagonist. Then he loses and we get SuMo. Yeah... I'll pass.

Years
Sinnoh and Kalos would be good stopping points imo. Ash was not the best but he was a bit competitive. especially in kalos when his team was good

Back