• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
They are split to signify between Original Series (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto), Advance Generation (Hoenn & Battle Frontier), Diamond and Pearl (Sinnoh), Black and White aka Best Wishes (Unova). Also not sure what you mean by them not dealing with the current on going episodes since they have Roughneck Dragonite episode up which is the last episode title to be revealed in Japan. Unless there is something I am missing and I didn't understand what you were getting at.

DalkonCledwin

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I just sent you off a private message with a link to the wikipedia article that I was complaining about. I hope that clarifies the problem I am having for you. It wasn't really about the wikipedia article that lists all the episodes by name, so much as it was about another wikipedia article that lists a large majority of all the anime series in existence in order by the number of episodes they have counting down from the highest number of episodes down to the lowest number of episodes.

My complaint is that I feel Pokemon should be counted as a single series for the purposes of counting it's compiled episode count instead of as 4 separate series', because otherwise you are going to get a rather arbitrary number of episodes for 4 separate series instead of a single episode count for what amounts to a single series.

Years
Hey guys,

I have this little thing that's been bugging me, there's a specific episode that I can't remember when in the series it is, and I can only remember a few basic, sketchy plot details. I scrolled through Serebii's episode guides but couldn't find it, so I hope you guys can help. Here are the details (I think):

-Air Balloon race, with Brock/Misty/Ash taking part in one of the teams
-They step in because someone is injured the night before
-First prize is a Dratini (not 100% sure)
-Ash uses Pidgeot to find air currents during the race
-Brock's Vulpix controls the flame for a bit, but Charizard eventually steps in

That's pretty much all can remember. Or maybe it was just a dream... Either way, could you guys let me know? It's been bugging me for a couple of hours now.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey guys,

I have this little thing that's been bugging me, there's a specific episode that I can't remember when in the series it is, and I can only remember a few basic, sketchy plot details. I scrolled through Serebii's episode guides but couldn't find it, so I hope you guys can help. Here are the details (I think):

-Air Balloon race, with Brock/Misty/Ash taking part in one of the teams
-They step in because someone is injured the night before
-First prize is a Dratini (not 100% sure)
-Ash uses Pidgeot to find air currents during the race
-Brock's Vulpix controls the flame for a bit, but Charizard eventually steps in

That's pretty much all can remember. Or maybe it was just a dream... Either way, could you guys let me know? It's been bugging me for a couple of hours now.

Is this the episode you are thinking about?

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I search for Balloon Race in Pokemon anime and found out that in episode 202 there is a Balloon Race wher Ash, Misty and Brock participate. Check out the episode and say something.

Episode 202 - The Big Balloon Blow Up

Years
Is this the episode you are thinking about?

I search for Balloon Race in Pokemon anime and found out that in episode 202 there is a Balloon Race wher Ash, Misty and Brock participate. Check out the episode and say something.

Episode 202 - The Big Balloon Blow Up

Well, I've had a look through that plot synopsis already, and while it does seem quit similar it wasn't what I was looking for. I'm not even sure if I've made this episode up or something. Have no clue WHY it popped into my head either.

The whole vulpix --> Charizard thing I definitely remember. And I'm pretty sure about the Dratini prize. Maybe it was in a book or something? A comic?

Thanks for your help guys anyway

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I remember there was a Pignite vs Mamoswine battle in one of the trailers

why was it skipped? What happened?

Acrios90

Pokemon Artist & DJ
Years
How old is Ash? Is he still 10-years-old? Or is he 11?
Ash is a ten-year-old boy. This was re-confirmed by the narrator at the beginning of the Japanese debut of the series Pokémon Best Wishes.

I Don't want to be the one who asks this but if ash is still 10 how did he have the anniversary of when he met Pikachu in one of the shorts (From one of the movies) That would have to have meant that at least one year had passed by in the series.

It could be another case of the movies and the show never referencing back to each other (like ash never remembers anything that had happened in the movies)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It's a plot hole. The narrator upon the start of Best Wishes/Black and White still said he was 10. And they movie you are alluding to is Movie 3 - Spell of the Unknown. I believe when they were nearing Viridian City it also mentioned about a year or a year has pasted since they were their last. Then the training for the league is implied like 2-3 months. So clearly normal age terms don't apply to anime.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Hey I have some questions about the 14th Pokémon movie (the one that features Victini)
First, what does Victini's master preventing the destructive Dragon Force have to do with Victini being trapped ? Like....what was it trapped anyway?

And second, where was the castle located in the end ? The valley or the mountain where the King used to move the castle to ?

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Hello ! Can anyone answer my questions above, please ? Or did I ask them in the right place ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Jigglypuff's song

In the anime, I've always wondered if Jigglypuff can fall asleep if another Jigglypuff sings in front of them?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
In the anime, I've always wondered if Jigglypuff can fall asleep if another Jigglypuff sings in front of them?
This instance has not been song in the Anime to my knowledge. The closest incident I remember is "Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis", where Jigglypuff summoned a Giant Jigglypuff through Sing. So I assume if two sang together they would fall asleep since Jigglypuff don't have Soundproof ability.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Help with an Episode

What episode is this image from?

(If the image didn't load an attachment, pikachu is making an evil face as it turns around, just about to do a thunder shock, i believe against team rocket...I also know it is in one of the first 4 seasons)

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Not keeping up with news and stuff but when is the Virbank eps dub airing? Nothing is on Bulbapedia and I realised that the dub is nearly at its end, of BW anyway.

Years
Not keeping up with news and stuff but when is the Virbank eps dub airing? Nothing is on Bulbapedia and I realised that the dub is nearly at its end, of BW anyway.

Based on what I saw, the Virbank Gym two-parter should probably air in the dub on October 13th and 20th 2012.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2012
Are they taking Pokemon off TV?

I am noticing that there are only one episode on Boomarang and no more episodes on CN and only Black and White episodes on video on demand.Why are they taking them off?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
BW Rival Destinies is on CN in the morning for the next 6 days. If they were going to take them off CN then I think there would have been an announcement by Pokemon Co. It wouldn't make sense for either too break ties, not to mention they are having Movie 15 on CN in December. So it would make even more sense to have them support the movie with episodes still on CN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back