• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Arcus

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
I'm MonadoXY7 and I would like to introduce a new fan game that I want to work on for the new year. I want to create a fun game that will mostly be an original fan game called Pokemon Arcus, with the version of Pokemon Essentials that I have downloaded before it got taken down by Nintendo and RPG Maker XP. I have no skills and barely any experience in making fan games but I'm willing to try. Pokemon Arcus will loosely follow Ash's story through the anime and movies with a new story (up to Gen 7 if possible) and include two new characters that I want to create named Dahak Almest and Alfina Vermillion.

Story: You play as Dahak/Alfina who was raised, while after being separated from your parents, by Marowak (you call her Mama Mara) and her Cubone child in the outskirts of Lavender Town (on Route 10) in the Kanto region where you spent your childhood growing up. Mama Marrow had to steal all sorts of food from the townsfolk to feed you since she did not know what human babies/kids eat when they're young. As you grow up alongside them, you begin to understand the language of Pokemon (just like N from Unova anime series) that live near Lavender town and you grow up learning about how they live in the wild, how they see the world, and what they think of humans. You also begin to speak the English language too.

Time has passed and it is the anniversary of the day you were adopted. You go to Route 8 to pick some flowers into a necklace as a present to Mama Mara for all she has done with Cubone. When done with playing with the Pokemon from Rock Tunnel after that, you see two Team Rocket grunts attempting to steal your mother's skull for money. You attempt to intervene and then a battle ensues. Mama Mara is badly injured from the fight and wants you and your Cubone sibling to escape. You argue but then dash away when you get the chance; just as soon as you enter the town, Mama Marrow's cry can be heard and you and Cubone saw it happen. You turn around and see Team Rocket pull Marowak skull from her head and faint in shock. Team Rocket gets away...

Later that night, both you and Cubone wake up in a Pokemon orphanage owned by Mr.Fuji in Lavender Town. He told you of what transpired near here and nursed you back to health. You rush to the scene of the crime only to be halted by a talking Arcanine who is working with a female trainer of an unknown organization. As the conversation evolves, you want to get revenge for what happened. To do that, you must become a full-fledged member of Team Delta: the organization bent on stopping all evil organizations from each region from doing their dastardly deeds. But first, you must gear up and get a new Pokemon from Professor Oak in Pallet Town and start your life as a new Pokemon Trainer.

The offer of a lifetime with revenge to boot gives Dahak/Alfina and Cubone a tale of Pokemon no one has ever seen before...

Planned features include:
A new story that loosely follows Ash's story from the anime and movies
Poke Comm
Multiple save slots
Gen 1 to Gen 5 Pokemon only
HMs become field items(gadgets from Team Delta)
Updated maps of Kanto to Unova including Sevii(Orange League) in Kanto, Hoenn map based on Emerald/ORAS, Sinnoh map based on Platinum, and Unova region map based on Black 2/White 2
Ability to communicate with Pokemon through the main character
The Pokemon League is optional in each region
Level Caps (but don't worry, Pokemon will still obey you with or without badges)
A new organization called Team Delta; owns an academy with dorms, company, an artificial island with a city and other locations
Pokemon from trade can evolve if they respond to an evolution item called Link Stone
The starter is Cubone with buff stats (can be male or female), but you can always use another starter from Professor Oak
Friendship Meter
The text comes with character portraits
Several new characters that are allies/rivals based on personality
Team Delta side quests and missions
Fast travel between regions done by aircraft
Exp.Share All and Pokemon gain experience from catching wild Pokemon
Catch legendaries in Post game(planned for the future)
Promotion Battles in Team Delta to increase rank from Agent Captains (Colosseum bosses) based on a ranking system
Dahak Almest is the main name for the male protagonist, but you can name him anything else
Alfina Vermillion is the main name for the female protagonist, but you can name her anything else.
Night and Day cycle
Fairy types included
Gen 5 movesets for all Pokemon
Field Effects based on all typings and areas
Catch Pokemon from the anime that Ash does not capture( you must do this to progress the story)
Graphics that look like Pokemon Reborn/Rejuvenation in Gen 3 or Gen 4 graphics that looks better to the human eye
TMs are unsellable and can be used more than once
Two new evil characters from Team Rocket
Familiar faces from the main games
Fan made music and remixes to favorite themes
Breeding through Day Care
Following Pokemon

Please read the story outline, then give me feedback on what you think about it. Not to mention the new features I've listed above. too The development of the story has already begun and the prologue and first chapter are completed. If you want to keep up with the progress or join the discord development team and help with the project, let me know. Discord Link: https://discord.gg/7Yvqm9s

Thumbnails down below aren't final and need updating when the time is right.

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image0 (2).jpg
    image0 (2).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 37
  • image0 (3).jpg
    image0 (3).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image0 (4).jpg
    image0 (4).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 28
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image0 (5).jpg
    image0 (5).jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
moved from showcase to game development; what you have a detailed idea! When you start development on this project let us know and we can move it back to showcase

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
Do I have to show proof that the game I'm working on has started development?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
moved from showcase to game development; what you have a detailed idea! When you start development on this project let us know and we can move it back to showcase

I will start development at the beginning of January 2020. Right now I am finishing up some beginning areas for the game.

Years
The storyline seems quit interesting and original , same for the features and the idea of playing a kantonian N , I can see potential in this project , hope you will succeed in developement and find a good team to work with

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
I like the concept of the storyline. I understand your early is development, but do you have any art of the Dahak/Alfina or Team Delta?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
I made some changes that I want a good team of creators to help out with on this thread. Do I need permission to have it bump up to gain attention?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
I did some checking on Pokemon Essentials and I believe I was too ambitious about every region being in the game. I would like to wait until version 18 of Pokemon Essentials comes out so that Kalos and Alola can be added to the game. I will have to also fix the story I am writing in order to better reflect what all of up to Gen 5 has to offer in terms of everything that can be included. At the same time, every feature will still be implemented into Pokemon Arcus. If anyone sees this post, thank you for understanding.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
I like the concept of the storyline. I understand your early is development, but do you have any art of the Dahak/Alfina or Team Delta?

Right now, there isn't any artwork for the characters right now unless someone with great experience in any art style or just Sugimori style can join my team permamently. Anybody who can help Zorua-Chan bring his drawings of any character for the game to life is welcome.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
Now that I see that there are possibilities for Gen 6-8 features in the new Pokemon Essentials update, it's too early to say that Pokemon Arcus will have Megas in the story. Therefore, the Mega Evolution feature will be removed until further notice.

Back