• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Trainers with EVs

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
I wouldn't say JPAN is to blame, but I definitely will. I still have the bin, so it should be easy replacing.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot! Was really looking forward to making all trainer battles in the game follow this type of color coded system. pokeball, greatball, ultraball, masterball indicating their level of power. Kind of like rares and elites in mmos etc. Was hella bummed when it didn't work, so I'm really hoping this does the trick.

No prob! Hope it works. Though, just keep in mind that it will disable JPAN's trainer level hack. You better use asm routines. :))

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I see a lot of talk about how to make hacks "difficult". The typical solutions are to:

Would it be possible to add another byte that determines the gender of the opposing Pokemon? Although a bit overkill, it would be neat with completely customisable IV's to let the AI use Hidden Power well.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Would it be possible to add another byte that determines the gender of the opposing Pokemon? Although a bit overkill, it would be neat with completely customisable IV's to let the AI use Hidden Power well.
I don't believe the AI (as is) can even process hidden power accurately.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
It isn't just the type, I think it's the variable power.

The point still stands. Even though the AI can not calculate the damage I'm still able to make the AI use it when I want it to use through workarounds. That is enough for me :)

We're going pretty off topic now so let's just leave the discussion here. Agree to disagree.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Can someone provide the offsets for the Emerald Version of this routine? Im having trouble locating them in the hex editor..

Edit: nvm found them

Last edited:

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
This looks wonderful. It would be awesome if there was a way to choose the ability as well, it drives me up a wall having to always set the first ability to what I want trainers to have.

And yes being able to individualize pokemon genders independently from the trainer gender would also be rad~

Trainer 781

This looks wonderful. It would be awesome if there was a way to choose the ability as well, it drives me up a wall having to always set the first ability to what I want trainers to have.

And yes being able to individualize pokemon genders independently from the trainer gender would also be rad~

The way to set ability is already mentioned in the thread. It is in the 2nd or 3rd page.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 29, 2019
Thank you for your answer ^^
The Ev Table is so:
- Nature
- 2 unused bytes
- 1 Byte Ivs
- HP EV
- Attack EV
- Defense EV
- Speed EV
- Special Attack EV
- Special Defense EV
- What pokeball the mon comes out in
- 4 more unused bytes

Is this correct?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Just want to say a big THANK YOU!!
As the first asm I've had to work with it took me a while but it finally worked. Everyone's comments have been extremely useful as well. So again thanks OP and everyone in the comments :D

Mr.Pkmn

Ordinary ASM Magician
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
To assign an EV spread to a trainer's pokemon, set the value that was formerly their IVs to which slot in the table you want that pokemon to use. If you are using A-Trainer, this value is erroneously marked as AI Value.
That's no error, that is indeed the AI bitfield for assigning AI scripts to the trainer.
How does this hack work with this AI value?

electicario

Random Aura Sphere and Thunderpunch user
Years
Is it normal to get a 15MB .bin file after compiling the .asm? By the way, I only added the ability check.

EDIT: OK, not the smartest question, now I get it. However, I've applied the routine AND replaced the data at offsets 0x115F6, 0x1162C, 0x3DC70 with the data from the bin file. Made spread number 0, assigned it to a Pokémon, but the game freezes right before the battle. Anybody knows what am I doing wrong here?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Disculpe hay manera de que se puede pasar a ruby este sistema.

Sorry there is way that you can pass a ruby ​​this system.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I think I figured out how to make this hack compatible with JPAN's set trainer level hack.

If you want to know the full story of what I figured out, click this spoiler.

Spoiler:

If you just want to know what to do, click this spoiler.

Spoiler:

I should warn you that I don't know for sure if this will work for everyone. It worked perfectly for me but I haven't tested it on a clean ROM.

Back