• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] GPS Monster Scouter [Android] - with Pokémon data pack

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
Tankenka, the update fixed it for me but quick question.
How do I find different pkmn other than Pawniard?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Tankenka, the update fixed it for me but quick question.
How do I find different pkmn other than Pawniard?

Good to know, thanks.

The entire real world is divided in regions and routes (the square areas), and every route is inhabited by a different family, so you just need to walk/ride to a different route.
The Z (zoom) button should give you an overview of the entire current region, your current route is the white square and all the other squares are different routes of the same region, colored if you visited them already or black otherwise.

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hiya! So I've been walking around and playing this game a bit - just ran into some trouble when trying to follow the blue arrows; how exact is the Pokeball location & do I have to click anything to get it? I ended up walking in circles around the location but I was never at the exact right place.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Just want to say that now I have the means to test on android 5, so I'll improve what misbehaved there until now. Sorry for the troubles caused.

Hiya! So I've been walking around and playing this game a bit - just ran into some trouble when trying to follow the blue arrows; how exact is the Pokeball location & do I have to click anything to get it? I ended up walking in circles around the location but I was never at the exact right place.

Sorry for the late replies, I had a bad fever until today :P
No you just have to be in a range of 5 meters from the item location and the item will be automatically collected.
Since everyone until now had no problem with this, I suppose there are two explanations for your situation:
- Faulty gps tracking that made the game cursor pass over the right location.
- Two different items were near each other and the radar, always pointing to the nearest one, passed from one to the other frequently making you misunderstand.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
I've been busy for a bit, but developing with my new phone has helped a lot and soon I'll release an update. The app on android 5 is currently opening lots of different windows and I wasn't aware, but I'll soon fix that. Since I'm using newer components, the app will be no longer compatible with devices using android 2.x (minimum will be 3.0), but judging from the statistics that won't be a problem, all the current players have at least android 4.0, it seems I was the only one still with a dinosaur era phone XD

Wow sounds very interesting :)

I'll try the beta out on Sunday, when I go for a walk.

Great, hope you like it!

Years
I tried it out a bit yesterday and it was very nice :) I was just too dump and I believed when one of your Pokemon loose, you can never use it again, so I catch a few Pokemon I don't need and now I nearly have no Pokéballs left xD Is there a way to release Pokemon you don't need?

I walked a route nearly 1 kilometer long and I only found 1 Pokemon in this route (Bouffalant) so would be cool if you could add more Pokemon in a route and add more attacks (at least 2 would be very nice) to the battle system. I think adding trainers to the different areas would also be a very nice feature.

But nevertheless, I really enjoyed it :D

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
I tried it out a bit yesterday and it was very nice :) I was just too dump and I believed when one of your Pokemon loose, you can never use it again, so I catch a few Pokemon I don't need and now I nearly have no Pokéballs left xD Is there a way to release Pokemon you don't need?

I walked a route nearly 1 kilometer long and I only found 1 Pokemon in this route (Bouffalant) so would be cool if you could add more Pokemon in a route and add more attacks (at least 2 would be very nice) to the battle system. I think adding trainers to the different areas would also be a very nice feature.

But nevertheless, I really enjoyed it :D

Hey, you suggested something really cool, now that I think about it it should have been obvious, but it slipped my mind until now: NPC trainers to battle, maybe with squads made up of pokémon catchable in nearby areas. When you beat them, they give you a gift, like a pokeball, some coins or an item, maybe? I think they should be dislocated in specific points like the hidden pokeballs, so you have to reach them, and like the pokeballs they would change everyday.
That's definitely something I'll want to work on, thanks!

About your situation yeah, you can release monsters through their personal options (long click on their button in the 'manage team' screen), but that won't get you back your pokeballs. In case you want to start over you can delete the app's data.
(wait you're right it's 'release', not 'free', I'm not used to the english terms, I'll have to change the text dang)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
I downloaded the app yesterday and i think it is very nice. So, i have a few suggestions for you to consider.
Perhaps a few people like me might live in a small island, which means no matter how well i explore it, there is no chance i will be able to catch them all( pretty exaggerated :p) or even worse, a favourite pokemon might be located at the sea unable to reach.
So my few suggestions are:
-Adding a small variety to each route, or reducing the length of the route a bit.
-perhaps reducing the price for the pokeballs a bit or keep the metres/coins stable throughout the game(went for school, got 10 coins while going there and got 3 when i returned).
-Adding random trainers like you mentioned.
-Also to encourage walking to find the trainers maybe you could make their pokemon give 2x the xp or something like the normal games.
I admire the work you put on this app, and i hope to see it even better in the long run!!
Current team:
Vivillion lvl 17
Frillish lvl 17
Girafarig lvl 13
Shinx lvl 8
Snover lvl 6

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
I downloaded the app yesterday and i think it is very nice. So, i have a few suggestions for you to consider.
Perhaps a few people like me might live in a small island, which means no matter how well i explore it, there is no chance i will be able to catch them all( pretty exaggerated :p) or even worse, a favourite pokemon might be located at the sea unable to reach.
So my few suggestions are:
-Adding a small variety to each route, or reducing the length of the route a bit.
-perhaps reducing the price for the pokeballs a bit or keep the metres/coins stable throughout the game(went for school, got 10 coins while going there and got 3 when i returned).
-Adding random trainers like you mentioned.
-Also to encourage walking to find the trainers maybe you could make their pokemon give 2x the xp or something like the normal games.
I admire the work you put on this app, and i hope to see it even better in the long run!!
Current team:
Vivillion lvl 17
Frillish lvl 17
Girafarig lvl 13
Shinx lvl 8
Snover lvl 6

Hi and thank you, I'm happy you're enjoying it! It definitely has a long way ahead in terms of improvements, so hang in there. Your team is looking great btw.

What's the size of your island? Actually I think the families are already concentrated enough, maybe even too much: just an area of 10km x 10km could in theory be big enough to hold all the pokémon families, for example, so I think it still lacks the 'I'll travel to a far away place to find a rare pokémon' feeling it should have. (But that's a problem I could fix with a still secret enhancement I have in mind...)

By the way do you happen to know how the exp works with pokémon npc trainers? It's doubled? I'll make my researches on this matter but it's a reasonable suggestion, thanks.
Ah I already thought about reducing the price but since they'll also be obtainable by beating trainers, that should solve the matter.

While I was answering anyway I got an awesome idea on how the trainers should be generated to feel more real and alive and not just some random guys with random teams. God bless these eureka moments.

Thank you for the feedback, every opinion counts!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
Actually a trained pokemon gives 1.5x the exp from a wild one just looked it up.
And my island is big enough, i had on my mind 1 route = 1 pokemon, but there are families like the wurmple one who have 5 :p my bad there.
Good thing i helped you get a eureka moment :p
One last question: If i delete my app data and start it again, will the routes and families reset or be the same?
Looking forward to additional updates!

Last edited:

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Great work Tankenka :) I've been playing this game a lot and managed to get a few free Pokeballs haha
The routes do seem kinda large though, and just something that's no fault of your own is that sometimes Pokeballs are smack in the middle of a building or in private property so I'll never be able to get those, so I have a question: are items/Pokeballs randomly generated every so often or are they constant?
I'm also loving the trainer idea :) That would be very fun; I haven't tried battling a gym yet, but I'm sure trainers would add some spice to the game

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
The game has been updated!
The entire pages structure was changed and it should now work better, especially on newer android versions. I tested on 4.3, 4.4.2 and 5.1.1, and it seems ok. Let me know if you find something odd.

The circle function around the family image has been reenabled now that the problem seems fixed.
To explain it briefly, if you see a complete circle, it means you've collected ALL the species that can be found in that particular route, including legendaries. (legendaries' part of the circle is just a small section on the top, while the rest is dedicated to the common family)

Actually a trained pokemon gives 1.5x the exp from a wild one just looked it up.
And my island is big enough, i had on my mind 1 route = 1 pokemon, but there are families like the wurmple one who have 5 :p my bad there.
Good thing i helped you get a eureka moment :p
One last question: If i delete my app data and start it again, will the routes and families reset or be the same?
Looking forward to additional updates!

Thanks for the info, yeah the families count so they should be less than 400 in total ;)
Routes, families and all the rest are generated in real time, but given the same coordinates they always end up to be the same. So if your friends play the game on their devices, they'll see exactly the same routes and families you see on yours, and if you delete all your data and restart you'll see the same again.

Great work Tankenka :) I've been playing this game a lot and managed to get a few free Pokeballs haha
The routes do seem kinda large though, and just something that's no fault of your own is that sometimes Pokeballs are smack in the middle of a building or in private property so I'll never be able to get those, so I have a question: are items/Pokeballs randomly generated every so often or are they constant?
I'm also loving the trainer idea :) That would be very fun; I haven't tried battling a gym yet, but I'm sure trainers would add some spice to the game

Yeah that's a recurring problem I don't really know how to solve yet, but I'm confident I'll manage somehow over time.
Pokeballs reset every day, so even if you manage to get all of them in a route, the next day a new set will appear in different positions.

Thanks both for your support, I hope there are no problems with this structural update so I can concentrate on new functionalities right away ;)

Reactions: CDB
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
The circle works fine. I found another thing.
When i was training my team, i found out that if i tap really fast on the first pokemon when they are fighting, the battle speeds up and goes immediately to the next one.
is this supposed to happen and should i continue doing it, or is it a bug or glitch and i should stop doing it?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
The circle works fine. I found another thing.
When i was training my team, i found out that if i tap really fast on the first pokemon when they are fighting, the battle speeds up and goes immediately to the next one.
is this supposed to happen and should i continue doing it, or is it a bug or glitch and i should stop doing it?

Woah that's weird. It's a bug so I suggest you don't do it because I don't know what could be the effects. Working on it right now. Thanks for noticing me!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Just uploaded an update, should be available very soon.

The bug described above can harm your save data so don't do it! This update will fix it.
(speaking of save data, remember to do a backup every now and then, just to make me sleep at ease :D)

This update also fixes various things, plus:
- Columns options in the 'manage team' screen are more visible and easier to use, no longer the long click on the labels but just a normal click on the menu icon
- In the whole region view, beaten gyms' zones are a bit more noticeable

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
Sorry for the large number of posts, but i just thought of an other cool addition to the game.
I came up with it while i was training my team at home.
I don't know if you are familiar with the dragonball sayan power up, which in short words is:
The more you get punished during a fight, the stronger you become (if you survive the fight).
I was wondering if that would be a nice add to the battling aspect, and you can play with the victory number difference.
For example, a pokemon wins a battle by a difference of 2. That would mean it got pretty beat during the fight, hence the long recovery time, so to reward the pokemon, giving it 2x the normal exp would do it justice.
Also, when a pokemon wins by a difference of 40plus, it would give it less exp than normal because it didn't try at all to fight. So a reasonable exp calculator would be:

• Victory by 1-5 points: 2x the normal exp
  • Victory by 6-10 points: 1.5x normal exp
  • Victory by 11-40 points: Normal exp
  • Victory by 41 and more points: 0.5x exp

• Special reward: Victory but equal points: 3x the normal exp
You can modify these, and add them to the trainer fights as well.
Hope my suggestion was helpful. Keep up the good work. The update works well, and the bug is fixed :)

Current team:

• Luxio lvl 25
  • Vivillon lvl 31
  • Chatot lvl 32
  • Frillish lvl 32
  • Girafarig lvl 36
  • Golem lvl 40

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Sorry for the large number of posts, but i just thought of an other cool addition to the game.
I came up with it while i was training my team at home.
I don't know if you are familiar with the dragonball sayan power up, which in short words is:
The more you get punished during a fight, the stronger you become (if you survive the fight).
I was wondering if that would be a nice add to the battling aspect, and you can play with the victory number difference.
For example, a pokemon wins a battle by a difference of 2. That would mean it got pretty beat during the fight, hence the long recovery time, so to reward the pokemon, giving it 2x the normal exp would do it justice.
Also, when a pokemon wins by a difference of 40plus, it would give it less exp than normal because it didn't try at all to fight. So a reasonable exp calculator would be:

• Victory by 1-5 points: 2x the normal exp
  • Victory by 6-10 points: 1.5x normal exp
  • Victory by 11-40 points: Normal exp
  • Victory by 41 and more points: 0.5x exp

• Special reward: Victory but equal points: 3x the normal exp
You can modify these, and add them to the trainer fights as well.
Hope my suggestion was helpful. Keep up the good work. The update works well, and the bug is fixed :)

Current team:

• Luxio lvl 25
  • Vivillon lvl 31
  • Chatot lvl 32
  • Frillish lvl 32
  • Girafarig lvl 36
  • Golem lvl 40

Don't be sorry, I usually reload this page multiple times every day hoping for some new discussions.
It's a very good suggestion, and it's something I've seen implemented in some way also in some jrpgs and mmos.
To make a good change though I'd badly need some opinion on the current exp rate: what do you think of it?
I can see just few days ago your best level was 17, and now it's 40. I don't know how much you played so, was it too fast? Right now it should be more or less like in the original games, where if you play continuosly you can increase levels very easily in a short time.
Maybe the best for a game like this would it to be slower, like in a mmo where the time needed for the next level always increases, and at some point it requires even days and days?
That way only some people could really become 'the very best', unlike the normal games where everyone is a champion and having multiple level 100s is super common.
What do you think? It would kill the game for you, or it would make it more fascinating? I know just a few people are playing it right now, but try imagining millions of fellow players, with which you can trade and battle.
This question is for everyone of course.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
Don't be sorry, I usually reload this page multiple times every day hoping for some new discussions.
It's a very good suggestion, and it's something I've seen implemented in some way also in some jrpgs and mmos.
To make a good change though I'd badly need some opinion on the current exp rate: what do you think of it?
I can see just few days ago your best level was 17, and now it's 40. I don't know how much you played so, was it too fast? Right now it should be more or less like in the original games, where if you play continuosly you can increase levels very easily in a short time.
Maybe the best for a game like this would it to be slower, like in a mmo where the time needed for the next level always increases, and at some point it requires even days and days?
That way only some people could really become 'the very best', unlike the normal games where everyone is a champion and having multiple level 100s is super common.
What do you think? It would kill the game for you, or it would make it more fascinating? I know just a few people are playing it right now, but try imagining millions of fellow players, with which you can trade and battle.
This question is for everyone of course.

Yeah i believe it should take some time to get strong, because the original games have a storyline which needs about 20 hours to be completed. This game, like pokemon go dont have a time limit. That's why getting strong needs to be a challenge. There is no point in crating a game with millions of potential players, only to find a lot of them with a team of 100s in 2-3 weeks time. The current exp rate seems fine to me, perhaps a small increase in lvl up exp needed wouldnt harm at all. I suggested these changes to balance the respawn time each pokemon needs after a fight.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I have been playing your app for a while now, and I must say, keep up the good work! I like how you don't need wifi to use the app. I do suggest, should pvp be implemented, that you use bluetooth to keep this trend going. I do, however, have a question. What exactly are these area completeness circles? I've seen them but I really have no idea what they are...

Back