• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon SunGold & Pokémon MoonSilver

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
So really there is much difference between moonsilver and sun gold?

minochet

Attack And Assault Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 25, 2022
What happened to the Bug Catching Contest? It's not broke but...man, there's a massive jump in levels! My Togetic is around 21, and the catches are at least six levels higher! Was there something I missed or was I not supposed to use the contest before Whitney? (Caught a Scyther, btw to replace my Staravia)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I still not downloaded it and i see something funny and weird:
On Screenies, Meganium's "Nature Grace"got 13/5 PPs.
Milotic and Misdreavus have a similiar "errors".

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Only the final stage starters.

You mean their growth rate changes when they evolve? Doesn't that cause issues, since they end up being higher level than the game thinks they should be for the Exp they have?

Sounds like a great hack though, although I'm not convinced with all your changes to the type matchups (why wouldn't Water affect Flying types? Some birds and insects have difficulty flying in the rain because their wings get weighed down, and as to your analogy that birds eat fish, some fish eat birds too.)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2016
How does one Even patch this cause this looks amazing but i dont know how to patch it with xdelta

walnut3072

Quan
Years
How does one Even patch this cause this looks amazing but i dont know how to patch it with xdelta

It's simple, bro. Just open the app xdeltaUI in the patch folder .In Apply Patch tab, click open to locate your patch (sungold/moonsilver) and source file with a clean HG or SS (US) rom (you can download one on emuparadise) and lastly, name the patch output with '.nds'.

walnut3072

Quan
Years
the top graphic is really cool, anything new planned?
Thanks. If I have time
What happened to the Bug Catching Contest? It's not broke but...man, there's a massive jump in levels! My Togetic is around 21, and the catches are at least six levels higher! Was there something I missed or was I not supposed to use the contest before Whitney? (Caught a Scyther, btw to replace my Staravia)
I actually didn't edit anything in the bug contest area. Maybe it's from the original game or Storm Silver {XD}
I still not downloaded it and i see something funny and weird:
On Screenies, Meganium's "Nature Grace"got 13/5 PPs.
Milotic and Misdreavus have a similiar "errors".
Lol, it's because I used Pokegen to quickly put those new moves into the Pokemon so that I can screenshot them all at once, you know.
You mean their growth rate changes when they evolve? Doesn't that cause issues, since they end up being higher level than the game thinks they should be for the Exp they have?
No, I tested it, everything is fine.

walnut3072

Quan
Years
Sounds like a great hack though, although I'm not convinced with all your changes to the type matchups (why wouldn't Water affect Flying types? Some birds and insects have difficulty flying in the rain because their wings get weighed down
That's why some water moves lower the target's speed, bro. Moreover, water, unlike fire and electric, is affected by gravity, so when your Pkm uses Surf or Hydro Cannon on a flying target, the impact force will definitely weaker than using on ground target, right?

Years
  • Age 73
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Well, looks like we have a winner for sideshow hack of the year 2016. Looks like a really promising hack, I'll definitely give it a go.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2016
It's simple, bro. Just open the app xdeltaUI in the patch folder .In Apply Patch tab, click open to locate your patch (sungold/moonsilver) and source file with a clean HG or SS (US) rom (you can download one on emuparadise) and lastly, name the patch output with '.nds'.

i did that but it gives me a Unhandled exception error

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
You literally had me right up until randomized encounters which kills it for me, sorry.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 4, 2016
I started MoonSilver on Sunday and it's one of the best hacks I have ever played!
I have almost 20 hours of gaming!
...The things that I love...
I love the new moves and the way you take so many TMs and Gift Pokemon.
...What to add...
I would like to see battles with trainers like May,Ash,Brendan etc.
and also battles (or a side story) with other teams like Aqua, Magma or Galactic.

Keep up with updates!

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Look fascinating. I have to play this. Read through the documents. I looove your little notes in Pokemon changes section.Soo cute^__^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Hey walnut3072, first of all good job on the hack and I have a question: my cyndaquil is 18 level now but hasn't evolved yet. Is there bug or is it going to evolve on later levels or with an item?

Years
Can u PLS give us a file with the pokemon locations. I think it is not the same as Sacred gold. I saw a charmander in the route 29 and another pokemons there.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
This looks like a fun hack. The only big question i have is why did Empoleon change from Water/Steel to Water/Ice. I think it's hurts Empoleon more then it helps him.

Back