• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen An adventure filled with dragons~

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Dragon's Johto Travel Diary
Overview

Welcome to Dragon's journey through Johto, my friends! In this, you'll be able to see my progress through the Pokemon Gold Playthrough. You can also use this playthrough to help you out with anything you're stuck upon, or if you wanna see any strategies that I've used! I'm going to try and use a different team for different occasions, so you can also see what pokemon you can try out or find all over the region. So, here we go!

Spr_2g_155.png
Spr_2g_158.png
Spr_2g_152.png
Pt 1: Beginning - Starting up

We begin the classic lines of someone sleeping in, only to wake up to find out that he's late! If you've played this game, it's pretty much a line we're all familiar of.

WVW69kp6dJcxIYttU1

Anywho, here we can set our date, and the current time. The time and date is especially important for Gold and Silver, as you'll see soon enough! After wards, it's time to meet with Professor Oak!

WVW69kp6dqQTrANFft

He tells us about the world of Pokemon, and about the many obstacles along the way to our path on becoming the best trainer we can be. We even get to introduce ourselves, by providing our own name for our character! After, you're first seen inside your own room.

WVW69kp6d_gcxsAmEy

Now, it was time to meet our mother. We receive the Pokegear from her, and give us a little tutorial on how to call someone. Then, it's time to head to Elm's lab.

He decides to let us choose between three pokemon, either Chikorita the grass pokemon, Cyndaquil the fire pokemon, or Totodile, the Water pokemon. However, as you see below, I've gotten all three pokemon:

WVW69kp6nwMAPV3Wjf
WVW69kp6pAUiKfWti1

WVW69kp6owU1-tQp_T
WVW69kp6pM0IL_ANzJ

If you would like to know how to get all these starts, follow this for the guide about the clone glitch:

1) Start a new game.
2) When the player has gotten through the "Welcome to the world of Pok?mon!" opening, they should go outside and save before obtaining their starter Pok?mon.
3) The player should continue through the game normally until they get to a point where Pok?mon can be caught. Note: Do NOT save the game at anytime during this step.
4) Catch a Pokemon and then go to the Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove City.
Perform the Cloning glitch and then clone the starter Pokemon. Note:The player should NOT save in front of the PC.
5) If the clone was successful, the player will be in the location where they last saved, which should be before they got a starter Pok?mon.
6) Go into Prof. Elm's Lab and pick a different starter with the starter the player just chose in his or her party.
7) Go to the Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove and the original Starter Pok?mon will be in the PC.
8) To get the last starter, start at step three and repeat up to step eight.

Now, it was time to head out. Along the way, we stop alongside Cherrygrove City.

WVW69kp6zh8uUZ96iU
WVW69kp6zvIE0IRcRI

Make sure you chat with the old man; he'll show you around the city, showing you the important facilities like the Pokemon Center. After, he'll give you a MAP CARD! This is basically like the town map of the region. It goes in your Pokegear, and you canview it anytimeyou wanna see where you are.

WVW69kp611kro6unO7

Further down the route, we come across a peculiar tree. If you go to it and interact with it, you'll see that it has a BERRY! Your starter pokemon comes with Berries as well, but it's always good to keep up a supply. If you head inside the house next to it, we'll receive another BERRY from the man sitting inside.

WVW69kp6so802w-Apf
WVW69kp6scMxA4yJ7J

It's finally time to visit Mr. Pokemon! But first, there's another berry tree to the left of his house, which holds a PSNCUREBERRY. This heals poison, so it will be handy to have around!

WVW69kp6s5kX4_1B3o

Heading inside, we finally meet Mr. Pokemon. He hands us a Mystery Egg to show to Professor Elm. But soon, we also meet with Professor Oak in person! He gives us a Pokedex to record the pokemon we meet along our travels:

WVW69kp6tX0mCVTp6p
WVW69kp6xkMNkGM-8b

Now, it's time to head back. But first... we've got a distressing call from Professor Elm. Something terrible has apparently happened, so, we've got to high-tail it back!

WVW69kp6xzowMFkVmz

Heading back to Cherrygrove town, we bump into a strange individual in our way back to New Bark Town. He says that pokemon are wasted on us, and he also got a Pokemon from the Lab. He challenges us to our first battle.

WVW69kp60Ig9i7wJ0Q
WVW69kp60VIASJHxkj

Now, his pokemon will be the 'super-effective' type of whatever starter pokemon we chose. In this case, I picked Cyndaquil last while cloning the starter pokemon, so he has a totodile. I used Chikorita against him. Luckily he wouldn't of had any super-effective moves against my Cyndaquil anyway, so it came to an all-out slug fest to the finish.

WVW69kp60goXB_DgOl
WVW69kp60-cSinkVCq

Our Pokemon leveled up, and learned Razor Leaf! This.. probably could of been useful earlier, but eh! Still wasn't a bad battle.

WVW69kp61G80US-0Jk

After, he tells us his name is ??? (but that's not really his name). And he vows to become the best pokemon trainer, thus pushing us aside. I have a feeling,this won't be the last time we see him.

WVW69kp61ScoEtuGOR

Now it's time to head back to the lab. But not before another Berry tree along the way!

WVW69kp8Y5Uq8sRiz_

Finally in the lab, we see an officer there. Someone had stolen one of the lab pokemon, it seems. He had red long hair... but we've battled someone like that before!

WVW69kp62esLtzBA__
WVW69kp62nAtFUmJMe

We know their name too! Yes, the culprit could only be...

WVW69kp62x4qnxnO8e
WVW69kp627cHG1dVxH

It was RIKA! It's alllll RIKA'S fault!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
muwahahahaha

How do you manage to take such perfect pictures? Is there a way to screenshot on 3DS? c:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
funny you using all three starters haha

how do you peform the cloning glitch? is it a reset when it is saying or changing boxes? its beena while i forgot

Last edited by a moderator:
Back